The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
I have a new addition to my family and although he is not my child but my newphew, suddently all my problems seem very small in comparison. and at the same time, suddently I have the need to do anything I possibly can to succeed. I really don't have the words to adquately describe how I'm feeling so this is probably coming off a little jumbled but it's all I really have.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You can't really enjoy anything that you didn't take risks or make sacrifices for.

Remember that the next time you ask yourself why you're working so hard - we can't appreciate anything that comes easily.

This is why, IMO, most trust fund brats never amount to anything.

Here's an awesome episode from Andy Frisella's podcast. It's focused on America but the message is universal.

177. The American Mandate

Kinda sums up the despair that is going on. Very @Kak 'esque.

Here's a guy who has a wildly successful financial and self-development podcast, and had to switch formats to address that idiocy that is sweeping the world.

MA81

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Jan 22, 2013
FFLigJnWUAIHaxR

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
This "fact checking" is out of control.

Posts I share in a private FB group get flagged and blurred out.
Then the fact check repeats the exact same thing the post said.

This is insane - reminds me of the Soviet Union, Fascist Italy, Cuba, or worse.

In this case, my post said "how did om1cr0n spread with travel banned in and out of Australia? Clearly didn't work" or something to that effect.

The Fact Check? "Travel restrictions DID NOT make it impossible for variants to spread." Banned my post. Warned me for potential group deletion.

No shit, Sherlocks at FB. This is psychopathic.

I'm not a huge believer in crypto and decentralization but this is exactly what decentralization should create: a social platform that nobody owns where you're free to chat with your friends about whatever you want in the same way as you can do it in real world (for the time being...). Nobody fact checking it, nobody censoring it, nobody to answer when the government comes knocking.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
i just went on a really long rant about Die Hard being the single greatest Christmas movie in the history of time and then another really long rant about stupid guys at the gym who want things that are diametrically opposed to each other - like a chick who works out constantly while also being super respectful of a guys manhood.

But then I deleted those.. y’all missed out so much! Like a 600 word essay.. sheesh I talk so much! I would have made you pee yourself laughing. Merry Christmas.

Just fyi it’s almost 1am here and I have had beer.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
What a lucky boy I am!
I just received an email from Warren Buffet. He wants to donate 4.5 million USD exactly to me!
I m so happy.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
460%
Mar 15, 2018

This is why I don't want a car that can be driven remotely by a computer. What else does it do that I don't approve? Listen to my conversations while I am on the phone? Record video of the inside and outside to share with whomever later deems as "necessary"?

Tech is awesome and scary at the same time. I disabled Siri on my phone and own none of the latest Amazon Alexa gadgets. I am having serious indigestion over this type of tech controlling so much of our lives. My friends kids ordered a bunch of stuff through Alexa! That's all innocent but the level of privacy that's now gone is incredible.

Does anyone else feel that way?
Or am I getting old and "don't get it"?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This shit doesn't work so... let's do more of it!!!

Fools tend to elect fools. This is why the world is falling a part, and will continue to do so.

I'm convinced most of the world is just a bunch of impulsive, order-taking, TV-watching zombies, dead stare included. The only thing missing is the flesh-eating, but who knows, maybe that's coming too...

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
You are normal if you don’t want to wear a F*ckin face diaper. Merry Christmas everyone! :rofl:

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I took a friend with me today to try freediving. I even recorded some videos of his dives. It's one of the best feelings in the world to share your passion with someone else and they fall in love with it and can't stop talking about it for the entire day. :)

Super rewarding and so nice to be able to help create an awesome memory.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
Thought I'd share this from the book I'm reading about Electronics design. Applies to more than just engineers.
Many engineers feel that the more difficult their work is, the more original it is, and the more clever it is, the better. They feel justified and proud of solving a hard problem. But one of the hardest lessons for an engineer to learn is that the real world does not care about how hard you worked to build something people want. It can feel unfair that a company with no interesting new technology and mediocre engineering can make way more money and be more successful than a different company with a much more interesting tech stack and harder problems.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
460%
Mar 15, 2018
There are two types of people: those who try to win and those who try to win arguments. They are never the same.

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
The last 10 years I always post a little wise text on different social medias to wish everyone a happy NYE. This was also the plan this year.

Now I realize that I have nothing to write. This past year has distanced me so much from 95 % of the people I know. It's like the pandemic has split people into 2 different fractions. The ones that question things and are able to think critically, and the ones that just eats everything the media feeds them raw.

So for the first time in 10 years I will stay quiet on NYE (of course still wishing my closest family and friends a great NYE). It's crazy how much things have changed in 2 years. I used to think that I had a pretty good social circle. Now I believe 95 % of them are degenerates.

Happy new year to everyone in here at The Fastlane Forum. Knowing that people like you exist is one of the only reasons I am still having some faith left in the human race, haha.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Who else is f***ing tired of dumb faces in YouTube thumbnails?

It's getting more and more ridiculous with even business channels replicating the same idiotic tactic.

I now assume that if you're putting a dumb face in your thumbnail you probably don't know what you're talking about (so you need dumb marketing to make people click on your videos).

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I used one of the new VR headsets for the first time ever when I was back in Ireland for Christmas.

They are so intense!

I have never used any VR headset before and was blown away at how much more immersive it is than a video game.

My first thoughts were - I would never let myself use one of these for more than a few minutes.
Second thought - kids should be very limited on these.

Maybe I sound old school but I could just feel this thing frying my brain. It's just too much.

It's cool in one way that technology can be on that level but for people who use these for the next 3-5 years (and as they get better), I think it is going to cause a lot of damage. It just feels like massive overstimulation.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
How it went:
Doorbell rings. Dog barks. Wakes 8 month old son up. Everyone’s pissed off.

I open the door…

Them: “Hello! Have you heard of (insert republicrat) for congress?”

Me: Not wanting to dive deep into Rothbardian theory with low IQ useful idiots: “Yeah, I’ve heard all of his “accolades” I’ll show up for him. Have a nice day.”

Closes door… Sighs under breath: “F*ck”

:rofl:

How I want my Hollywood biography to portray it:

Doorbell rings. Dog barks. Wakes 8 month old son up. Everyone’s pissed off.

I open the door…

Them: “Hello! Have you heard of (insert republicrat) for congress?”

Me: “Get off my property and out of my gated country club neighborhood you couple of commies before I get my AR.”

Them: “But we aren’t commies! We are Trump voters!!! MAGA!!! This sounds like a “red flag!!!” Your AR better not have a bump stock!! You don’t have to fear cops if you don’t do anything wrong!! More tariffs and stimmys!!! Fluoride in the water is awesome!!! MAGA! Nationalize big tech!! 40% taxes are totally fine!! Let’s go Brandon!!! MAGAAAAA!!”

Me: You’re commies.
DEFF9005-B3F2-4684-9A38-FF0A811FDD42.gif

Last edited:

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
The word "expert" has lost any meaning. It's been desecrated. It's now doublespeak for "Don't think for yourself. Instead, make this opinion yours".

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
I posted a 4 figure project to Upwork a few days ago. Nothing complex, but something I need done and don't have the time to do myself.

40+ bid proposals later I can say 97% of freelancers have no idea how to sell themselves. It's just "I this, I that, I am awesome, I know everything, I, I, I ..." and a bunch of canned responses without much regard to what the client actually needs and how they can help solve the client's needs.

If you have the knowledge, a good work ethic, and need to start earning money, learn to look at the project from the client's point of view and provide value in your initial bid. It doesn't take much to stand out and a lot of good info has been posted at the forum in the past, for example, NOTABLE! - SIDE HUSTLE - Lex DeVille's 2019 Step-By-Step Upwork Tutorial for Brokeass Bootstrap Beginners Who Need Cash Now! by @Lex DeVille

/END RANT

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
BTW, if you ever hear anyone say, "pay your fair share" -- walk away or close the browser -- you know that person is a low-IQ moron whose idea of being informed is Maddow at dinner and Fallon at midnight.
I can't even describe the anger I feel when I read or hear the words "fair share." Usually spoken by a dumb F*ck who has never paid any taxes, attacking a guy who in one month pays more taxes than the F*cker will pay in 10 lifetimes along with his entire family. But yeah, PAY YOUR FAIR SHARE so I can do F*ck all and spend my life attacking people who provide for me.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I thought theaters were dead, yet they have some of the fastest growing job in America. Actually, we're dead.

+70% Motion picture projectionists, $27,490 per year

+62%
Ushers, lobby attendants, and ticket takers, $25,110 per year

+35%
Entertainment attendants and related workers, all other, $27,230 per year

Screenshot 2022-01-16 at 18.57.58.png
Screenshot 2022-01-16 at 18.58.35.png

Using the low of 2020 to claim job highs of 2021/2022 is USSR levels of propaganda.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
I didn’t grow up on a farm, my little town is actually pretty nice, but we are surrounded by smaller towns (with mostly older people - who are almost all good people). Yes, they love guns, BBQ, and fishing. They also love their families, church, and helping their communities. (Ironically, some of these people actually aren’t religious. There are lots of conservative “rednecks” who don’t go to church.)

Anyway, my family - aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins, extends in lots of ways from successful business owners to people who actually did grow up on farms...without electricity.

Most of my family is rural too, and I'm always annoyed at how the normal non-institutionalized people are portrayed as ignorant toothless hicks. Overall, my observation of people outside of major cities is that they're more tolerant, more polite, more willing to give someone a chance if life is kicking their butts, less racist, way more broadly skilled, have a better work ethic, and they're often healthier because they aren't having heart attacks from stress and pollution. I probably missed a few things, but that's the gist of it ;)

I tell my daughter that we're barbarians who crawled out of the woods to join civilization for a while. But if it gets too corrupt, we can walk right back into the treeline and survive, no matter what. I think that embodies a family ethic that's mostly a rural phenomenon... internal locus of control combined with an unwillingness to delegate basic survival, and the basic production skills to back it all up.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I know there are some angry anti-maskers in here. I am frontline medical and the mask has been the infection control staple since we figured out germ theory of disease in 1881. There is no “sheep” to it. It’s mitigation. But if you guys want us to forego the mask, glove, gown staple at your next procedure warn us first so we can call the insurer to prepare for your lawsuit. The germ theory will outlive all of you. Also: Kids don’t wear masks under 12 in my country. Being anti-mask over this particular viral illness is cherry picking the laws of infection control to suit. Like Christians cherry pick the bible.

I understand your point, but you're arguing a strawman as @Rabby stated.

I can't speak for other folks here, but masks being worn in an operating room, hospital, or even a crowded venue seems pretty standard. If I'm entering a medical facility I'll wear one, and I'll even wear one when I expect to be in a large crowd with limited social distancing. However I refuse to "mask up" every minute of my life; in a gym, on a walk in a public park, or to an empty store. Sorry, but I'm tired of being lectured by fat-a$$ "health experts" who can't even manage their obvious health problems.

When the government decides to fight against the real health crisis in this country (obesity, diabetes, heart disease) maybe then Ill start paying attention. When the healthcare priorities in this country are being directed by Pfizer, the dairy industry, and the sugar lobby, it's no wonder people who already valued their health don't listen.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
460%
Mar 15, 2018
@Antifragile you'll enjoy this, too:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbgTPbaku8s

By the way, his second book is coming out probably in May. It's supposed to be more tactical. Really looking forward to it.
I know there has been a lot of chatter from the "I am rich don't need to work, so I am depressed as F*ck because life has no meaning". I hear that message and I accept it to be true for those who write it. But it's not true for me.

I was up at 5AM today (as usual) and got busy. If I am the best of me, my life has meaning. My family will watch me, my friends, my offspring - anyone willing to watch should get some benefit. If you meet me, I want you to walk away 1% better than you were before meeting me. Goggins is another level, but we share similar world view. There are no record pull ups in my future, I have no interest in that. That's because we have different paths.

If my example helps a few people, even if briefly - my life was meaningful. And yeah, I hear you all - we are but specs of dust in the universe. 100 years from now there may not be a USA, let alone me in the memory of people.

It's not about that. Life is short. I commit to living it, not existing as part of it. Living is an action. Loving someone is active too. And in all that I find deep meaning.

Thanks for sharing @MTF - Goggins is the man! I'll be buying his book as soon as it comes out.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Nothing is more frustrating than paying for some type of service that is supposed to make things easier and more streamlined, when in reality, it does exactly the opposite with shitty user interfaces, shitty customer service, and shitty help docs. Instead of saving me X hours, it is costing me X hours. SMH.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
All this talk of guns, and JPs latest video, has really made me miss mine. I need to figure out how to get some in Mexico. All the gangsters here have them, I should be able to as well.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.