The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

UPDATED for 2024: Triple Your Business This Year

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Will 2024 Be Your Year...?
your year.jpg

I get a kick out of the New Year's Resolution folk.

It's always "next year" or "next time" or "I'll get to it."

I've had a few messages asking about when/what I'm doing with The Path. I did a soft launch for my inner circle but haven't updated this thread... so here it is!

Two things for you to check out:

1. The Free Weekly Webinar

This is my community-building stuff. I teach for free. You're welcome to join us every week.

Currently, I'm doing a weekly webinar on redoing all your Marketing with A.I. It's free. I'm running ads to it so I pitch on it but I'm sure you'll get plenty of value whether or not you ever sign up for The Path.

2. Join The Path

This is the paid monthly membership program. Group coaching with strategy, marketing, mindset, and (now) A.I. stuff!

The Promise/What We're Doing:

• My promise is (and always has been) I'll help you double, triple, or even quadruple your business in a single year... as long as you actually have a business.
  • I do that with specific strategies (I've got 8 that I follow, including re-engineering your offers, adding upsells/downsells/crossells, creating joint venture partnerships, or my very special "GOO" strategy... sounds enticing, right? GOO!)
  • I'm the guy half of these folks call for marketing advice so of course I'm going to help with your marketing. After all, that's what gets you sales (and make me look good for getting you sales). Lead gen, ads, email, all the fun stuff.
  • So here's how it works: I interview a Trailblazer (someone doing something really cool in their business we can replicate), they give their exact strategies, I break it down with you and we do an implementation call, then I do a "member makeover" for someone in the group and build it for them (follow-up sequences, website, whatever)...
  • You also get access to my full vault... strategies I use in consulting... marketing campaigns I reuse... mindset stuff to keep your head screwed on straight... and now I've spent the last year figuring out how to automate most of that stuff with AI (and make it still sound human).​

Who This Is For/Not For:

• If you sell stuff one-on-one over the phone (professional services, coaching, high-ticket stuff). This is for you and I can help you get more leads, appointments, and sales.
  • If you sell stuff one-to-many over webinar or from the stage (I was the top dude in the country doing this for the last 8 years). This is for you and I can help you get more people to show up and more people to buy.
  • If you are a semi-successful eCommerce seller. I can help you sell out of all your inventory... but you've got to be good at the logistics and inventory management because I've seen quite a few "grow, grow, grow, gone" companies in the eComm space. I can help you sell a ton... I just can't help you manage your business. That part is up to you.
  • This is definitely NOT for you if you don't have a business. I can't double or triple 0.
  • This is definitely NOT for you if you expect me to do it all for you. This is a low-tier group coaching program. You have access to all the resources. I learned a long time ago I can help millions of people... but I can only carry 3-4 on my back. Self-reliance and personal responsibility are important.
  • This is definitely NOT for you if you change business ideas every 5 minutes. I can help you build to 7 or 8 figures relatively quick... the trouble is you can't just change your mind. This business we're going to work on together has to be "your thing." Not something you'll get bored of and want to go chase butterflies.​

How It Works:

• There's a $47 first-month trial. After that, it's $297/month. Cancel at anytime. It'll let you check it out, see if it's worth your time/effort and continue on.

• That being said, if you're on your last few dollars and just want to take the $47 trial to save yourself... please just DM me instead. I don't want to bother with the starting and stopping and cancellations of a hundred people all the time :p

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

AndyC123

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 9, 2021
You want to do better.

You want to thrive in this "Covid economy"

You want to make and keep more money.

You want to transform from a business operator to a business owner and get back that freedom we all desire.

You need a coach.

I can be that coach for you if you’d like…

And this time… I’m doing it for FREE.

If you don’t already know me, my name is Steve.

And March 2nd – 6th I’ll be hosting a 5-Day live challenge (for free) where each day we’re going to tackle a different piece of your business in order to build, grow, and SCALE your enterprise.

You can click right here to register.

But you might be wondering…

Is it worth my time?

This is my first question for everything these days.

We’re going to do approximately an hour of training every day for 5 days and there’s going to be some cool plug-and-play strategies I’m going to share with you to create some easy wins as “homework” to grow your business afterwards.

And I’ve got to tell you… If someone is going to take an hour of my time (not to mention for 5 days) – they damn well better deliver.

While I can’t promise you’re going to become a 6, 7, or 8 figure business overnight – I can promise this: I will not betray your trust.

Time is the most precious thing we have and as business owners, we are right to defend it with everything we’ve got.

So let me just tell you that this program is a culmination of everything I’ve learned over the past 16 years in the course of building my own businesses but now having been a coach and consultant for – coming up on near a decade now – I’ve had the unique opportunity and privilege to have personally coached and consulted with close to 3,000 different businesses.

From many of the Fortune 500 companies down to the local mom and pop shops in just about every industry you can imagine…

Real estate, title, mortgage, insurance, car dealerships, financial advisors, retail, e-commerce, doctors, dentists, lawyers, surgeons, gyms, landscapers, engineers – you NAME IT… I’ve probably done something for them at this point.

And I don’t say that to pound on my chest and tell you how great I am… I tell you this because…

I’d have to be a complete IDIOT to not see what works and what doesn’t work when growing a business at this point.

ALSO

Every single one of the teams and organizations that *I* coached in-turn coached ME (whether they knew it or not)!

I mean just hanging around these guys I learned tools, strategies, and ideas that I never could have come up with on my own.

So my obsession has been how do I learn these tools, and then organize and package them in a way that I can deliver them to you in this “plug and play” manner.

That’s what we call…

Compressing Decades Into DAYS

Afterall, that’s what a great coach, book, seminar, or program does for us: it organizes and packages the most helpful advice that might have taken decades to learn and put it into a format we can absorb in an afternoon or weekend.

Now THAT’S powerful.

And if you want to experience this with us, get registered for free, right here.

“So What Are We Going To Learn? What’s This Going To Do For Me?”

I have this big hairy audacious goal to become the “Tony Robbins” of the business world and in my journal, I wrote down the goal that “I want to DOUBLE the businesses of 1,000 entrepreneurs in the next 5 years.”

And I don’t want some corny “I done went from $5 to $10 because of that there Steve guy!” – no, I want to build a competitor to Accenture or Beloit and become the household name for business consulting.

To do this, I’ve organized some of the teachings from my coaches, created my own stuff (some of it I’m even starting to license) --

But the reason I bring that up is because I believe…

To Grow And Scale Your Business, You’re Going To Need a Few Things
(And Even If You Have No Intention Of Signing Up Here, I Think You’re Going To Find This Piece Valuable)

1. Peak Psychology

Hanging around all kinds of businesses, owners, executive boards – it’s become very clear that there is no such thing as a business problem… there are only personal problems that affect your business.

Truth is, you probably know exactly what you should be doing to grow your business. You might pick up a cool strategy or idea here or there from myself or someone else, but in reality, there are these conflicts in the back of our brains that create a lack of action.

“I want to be successful, but I never want to be judged.”

“I want to make the sales, but I never want to get rejected.”

The self-doubt, procrastination, uncertainty, lack of confidence, indecisiveness – all of it stems from these psychological roadblocks.

The biggest chokehold in any business is the psychology of the leader.

Here’s a quick idea you can implement TODAY: find yourself a group of entrepreneurial friends. A mastermind. I meet with mine every Sunday and we have for a couple of years now.

Why?

Every one of us ends up – at some point – sitting at our desk, alone, trying to solve 12 problems at once.

Marketing, Cashflow, Accounting, Sales, Customer Service, New Products, Design, personal problems, relationship challenges, kids, Covid restrictions, etc.

Instead of 1 person trying to solve 12 problems, we all need a group where 12 people try to solve ONE problem.

If you’re not a part of a mastermind, find one, join one, or make one.

Hell, in this 5-Day Challenge we’re doing – you should be able to find some active folks looking to grow.

(I found my original mastermind here on the forum. It was life-changing).

The challenge with psychology is this:

Your best level of thinking got you to where you are today.

But it won’t get you to where you want to be tomorrow.

If it would… you would’ve already been there.

Today, right here, right now… this is the result of your best effort and best thinking – and there’s nothing wrong with that. In fact, you should celebrate like crazy. If you own a business right now you are a part of a very elite group of people around the world that took the leap.

Someone who said “I’m going for it.”

But if we want to level up, we have to level up our thinking.

To win in today’s competitive environment there’s lots of successful beliefs, but here’s a couple:

• Fall in love with your customer, not your product. As business owners we should constantly find ways to improve our customers’ lives. New products, better service, higher quality – whatever it takes. If you truly love someone, what would you do for them? Anything. Too many people get so short-sighted because they say “we sell X and only X” and they never think outside that box.

• It’s not a lack of resources that’s holding you back, it’s a lack of resourcefulness. I have a front-row seat every day in my career. I am watching many of the Fortune-500 companies I train, crashing and burning because no matter who they have on their team they say “we don’t have enough/we don’t have the right people” … no matter how much money they have it’s still “we don’t have the capital” … on the other hand, I see small companies taking off in this new economy simply because they are getting resourceful and finding a way AROUND things like COVID restrictions – where others are stuck in a pattern of blaming their supposed lack of resources.

• Your income is only limited by your creativity. This forum is a treasure trove of people making money in really unique and different ways. They have extremely interesting solutions to problems other people feel are unsolvable. My hope is that I can empower you to come up with your own creative solutions to your current challenges. And do it in a way that not only benefits you, benefits the customer, AND it serves the greater good.

If psychology is one of your barriers, we’re going to spend some time crushing those roadblocks on our 5-day challenge right here.

2. Proven Strategies for Growing a Business

One of the biggest mistakes I think we all make when starting a business is trying to figure it out all on our own.

It’s akin to “reinventing the wheel” – but there’s no need. The wheel has already been invented. Peter Drucker wrote “business is only two things; marketing and innovation.”

Innovation isn’t as scary of a word as some people make it out to be, though. It’s simply “how can I do what I do for more people, for less money, with more profit, and higher quality.”

That’s a mouthful, sure, but check it out; there’s only 3 ways to grow a business. Get more customers, get them to spend more money, get them to come back more often (there’s definitely no need to reinvent that formula).

So how do you do those?

More customers come from getting the right message in front of the right people at the right time (with the right offer, of course).

And we’ll talk about how to do that throughout the challenge… but there are many creative ways to acquire new customers.

Keep this in mind: no matter what you sell – SOMEBODY already has access to a large group of people who WANT your products and services.

The simple term is “joint venture” but we’re going to go quite a bit more in-depth than that.

We’re going to discover how do we find these people and create a win-win-win situations with them to not only promote your stuff, but do it happily, AND have the people “being sold to” HAPPY that you’re doing it – imagine that!

You can be “innovative” simply by creating partnerships that never existed before.

Sometimes even across industries you never would have guessed.

(Think Mountain Dew + Call of Duty – what a great strategic partnership)

Next when we start thinking about how to “get people to spend more money with you” – this one is quite easy…

Offer them more things!

Upsells, downsells, cross-sells, add-on sales – there are a million ways to increase the average customer’s transaction.

What can you offer immediately after purchase that would make your product better? Faster? Easier? Done-for-you?

(Do you want fries with that?)

One of my friends and clients now does over $30MM/year in his Ecommerce business (mostly on Amazon). When I asked him what his secret was, he responded very simply “more skus”

You’ve probably heard this phrase before but it bears repeating:

There’s never been a harder time to sell someone the first time, but there’s never been an easier time to sell someone the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th time.

Why is this?

In the economic season of winter, TRUST is the currency.

And let’s not kid ourselves – we are in for a long economic winter.

You’re going to have to work your a$$ off to build TRUST with your potential customers and clients.

(Why do you think I’m including so much copy in a FREE 5-day challenge? I’m selling you pretty damn hard here, today!)

But once trust is established – people would much rather patronize the brand they know, like, and TRUST.

If you can prove to me you deliver a great product, a great service, in a timely and effective manner – I’d rather buy ALL my stuff from you (as long as you have it).

Now, I’m not saying go all willy-nilly and sell everything to everybody – there’s some strategy to this.

And we’ll cover that in the 5-Day Challenge (For FREE!).

Finally, to get more CONSISTENT sales? More RECURRING revenue – we must strategically craft our offers. Every business I’ve ever worked with had the possibility to offer a weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annual “subscription”.

And while you might immediately recoil and say “I can’t do a monthly thing – I’m in X business!” – don’t forget… your income is only capped by your creativity!

One of my favorite examples is in a book called the Ultimate Sales Machine. I got to meet Chet briefly many years ago before he died but he was BRILLIANT.

In his book he wrote about a carpet cleaning business that did their research. They found that allergens latch onto carpet like white on rice. To have a truly clean home, you needed to steam your carpet at LEAST twice per year.

They came up with the “silver plan” where everyone of their clients paid a small monthly fee and they received 2 free cleanings per year plus some bonuses. On the Gold plan, they’d clean your air ducts, too.

Imagine never having to worry about when was “the right time” to clean your carpets – it was all taken care of for you. Scheduled ahead of time. One less thing to worry about for the customer, less expensive in the long-run for them, AND this business (that normally struggles with cashflow because of the transactional nature of that industry) became a cash-flowing BEAST.

There’s always ways to create something cool if you challenge yourself (see what I did there?)

3. WORLD-CLASS Marketing

The other thing we’re going to need to take your business to the next level this year is world-class marketing.

And let’s call a spade a spade… it’s VERY crowded out there these days. We need to narrow down who do you need to reach, where are they hanging out, and what do we need to say to them to get them to TAKE ACTION.

Lucky for us, marketing has been my obsession since day one.

There’s just something about advertising, writing copy, speaking from stage, and coming up with new and creative ways to reach the customers that I love so much.

And it’s incredibly rewarding when you can get someone out of their own way, alleviate their fears, calm their worries, and get them to bet on themselves by taking action.

One of the greatest compliments someone can give you is a purchase – and that has nothing to do with the money – it has everything to do with a total stranger trusting you enough to make their lives better.

I’m going to break down marketing in this challenge to it’s simplest and most-actionable form.

I call it my “rules of three”

I don’t think I have the characters left in this post to share all of them, but here’s an example:

ALL MARKETING IS…

1. Here’s what I’ve got
2. Here’s what it’ll do for you
3. Here’s how to get it

WHAT YOU NEED TO MARKET ONLINE…

1. An AD
2. 4 Web Pages
3. 2 Email Sequences

THE THREE AREAS TO FOCUS ON TO SCALE YOUR BUSINESS

1. Growth formulas (customers, more $$, more often)
2. Marketing (getting the right offers in front of the right people)
3. Systems (making sure every process in your business is repeatable)

I realize these are a little out of context, but I’ve got a couple dozen of these including what you need to find prospects… what you need to move prospects to customers… how you can connect with your potential customers in order to get them to move… and so much more.

If you want them all, you’ll have to join the challenge here.

“Ok, Dude… This Is A Lot of Stuff. It’s Free? What’s The Catch?”

No catch. It’s 100% free.

If you want life-time access to the recordings and do some bonus Q&A sessions with me during this week (like actual consulting in the group), I’m charging $197 as an “upsell” but you certainly don’t have to pay for anything if you don’t want to.

So why am I doing it?

I’m putting my best foot forward here for a couple of reasons:

1. Impact is more important than income to me right now. I’m making more than I could ever spend but if I really want to build this “Accenture-like” business I’m talking about – I’m going to need to touch a lot of lives.

This challenge model has been very interesting to me.

It allows me to cast a really wide net and help tons of people – I’m even helping people who would never become a customer of mine! And that’s cool, too!

2. It’s been really fun. I’ve got to be honest; I’ve been working on so many systems lately that business has become somewhat robotic for me. I really, really enjoy interacting with people and solving tough business challenges – so for those who have a business up and running – the measly $197 is going to be extremely worth it for you (to give you an idea, when I was full-time consulting I charged $4,880 per month for 2 one-hour calls .. and my calendar was full).

And if you can’t swing the extra, you’re especially going to like this because we’re going to get you some results in advance and then maybe someday you’ll come back to buy something from me another time.

So that’s the whole spiel.

You want in?

You can sign up for the 5-Day Challenge right here.

For Free.

If you want the upsell, you can grab it. If not, no big deal – I’m going to knock your socks off either way.

Go get signed up and let’s scale some mother fudging BIDNESSES!

If you've got any questions or need some ideas feel free to post :smile2:
Thanks Stephen. This program is amazing. I have been able to incorporate more strategies to grow my business and simplify complex barriers that slowed me down before. Here’s to tripling my business. Thanks!
Andy

Toyotomi

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jun 27, 2021
United Kingdom
You want to do better.

You want to transform from a business operator to a business owner and get back that freedom we all desire.

You need a coach.

And March 2nd – 6th I’ll be hosting a 5-Day live challenge (for free) where each day we’re going to tackle a different piece of your business in order to build, grow, and SCALE your enterprise.

Is it worth my time?

We’re going to do approximately an hour of training every day for 5 days and there’s going to be some cool plug-and-play strategies I’m going to share with you to create some easy wins as “homework” to grow your business afterwards.

And I’ve got to tell you… If someone is going to take an hour of my time (not to mention for 5 days) – they damn well better deliver.

While I can’t promise you’re going to become a 6, 7, or 8 figure business overnight – I can promise this: I will not betray your trust.

Time is the most precious thing we have and as business owners, we are right to defend it with everything we’ve got.

So let me just tell you that this program is a culmination of everything I’ve learned over the past 16 years in the course of building my own businesses but now having been a coach and consultant for – coming up on near a decade now – I’ve had the unique opportunity and privilege to have personally coached and consulted with close to 3,000 different businesses.

From many of the Fortune 500 companies down to the local mom and pop shops in just about every industry you can imagine…

Real estate, title, mortgage, insurance, car dealerships, financial advisors, retail, e-commerce, doctors, dentists, lawyers, surgeons, gyms, landscapers, engineers – you NAME IT… I’ve probably done something for them at this point.

And I don’t say that to pound on my chest and tell you how great I am… I tell you this because…

I’d have to be a complete IDIOT to not see what works and what doesn’t work when growing a business at this point.

ALSO

Every single one of the teams and organizations that *I* coached in-turn coached ME (whether they knew it or not)!

I mean just hanging around these guys I learned tools, strategies, and ideas that I never could have come up with on my own.

So my obsession has been how do I learn these tools, and then organize and package them in a way that I can deliver them to you in this “plug and play” manner.

That’s what we call…

Afterall, that’s what a great coach, book, seminar, or program does for us: it organizes and packages the most helpful advice that might have taken decades to learn and put it into a format we can absorb in an afternoon or weekend.

Now THAT’S powerful.

And if you want to experience this with us, get registered for free, right here.

I have this big hairy audacious goal to become the “Tony Robbins” of the business world and in my journal, I wrote down the goal that “I want to DOUBLE the businesses of 1,000 entrepreneurs in the next 5 years.”

And I don’t want some corny “I done went from $5 to $10 because of that there Steve guy!” – no, I want to build a competitor to Accenture or Beloit and become the household name for business consulting.

To do this, I’ve organized some of the teachings from my coaches, created my own stuff (some of it I’m even starting to license) --

(And Even If You Have No Intention Of Signing Up Here, I Think You’re Going To Find This Piece Valuable)

1. Peak Psychology

Hanging around all kinds of businesses, owners, executive boards – it’s become very clear that there is no such thing as a business problem… there are only personal problems that affect your business.

Truth is, you probably know exactly what you should be doing to grow your business. You might pick up a cool strategy or idea here or there from myself or someone else, but in reality, there are these conflicts in the back of our brains that create a lack of action.

The self-doubt, procrastination, uncertainty, lack of confidence, indecisiveness – all of it stems from these psychological roadblocks.

Here’s a quick idea you can implement TODAY: find yourself a group of entrepreneurial friends. A mastermind. I meet with mine every Sunday and we have for a couple of years now.

Why?

Every one of us ends up – at some point – sitting at our desk, alone, trying to solve 12 problems at once.

Marketing, Cashflow, Accounting, Sales, Customer Service, New Products, Design, personal problems, relationship challenges, kids, Covid restrictions, etc.

Instead of 1 person trying to solve 12 problems, we all need a group where 12 people try to solve ONE problem.

Hell, in this 5-Day Challenge we’re doing – you should be able to find some active folks looking to grow.

Today, right here, right now… this is the result of your best effort and best thinking – and there’s nothing wrong with that. In fact, you should celebrate like crazy. If you own a business right now you are a part of a very elite group of people around the world that took the leap.

To win in today’s competitive environment there’s lots of successful beliefs, but here’s a couple:

• Fall in love with your customer, not your product. As business owners we should constantly find ways to improve our customers’ lives. New products, better service, higher quality – whatever it takes. If you truly love someone, what would you do for them? Anything. Too many people get so short-sighted because they say “we sell X and only X” and they never think outside that box.

• It’s not a lack of resources that’s holding you back, it’s a lack of resourcefulness. I have a front-row seat every day in my career. I am watching many of the Fortune-500 companies I train, crashing and burning because no matter who they have on their team they say “we don’t have enough/we don’t have the right people” … no matter how much money they have it’s still “we don’t have the capital” … on the other hand, I see small companies taking off in this new economy simply because they are getting resourceful and finding a way AROUND things like COVID restrictions – where others are stuck in a pattern of blaming their supposed lack of resources.

• Your income is only limited by your creativity. This forum is a treasure trove of people making money in really unique and different ways. They have extremely interesting solutions to problems other people feel are unsolvable. My hope is that I can empower you to come up with your own creative solutions to your current challenges. And do it in a way that not only benefits you, benefits the customer, AND it serves the greater good.

If psychology is one of your barriers, we’re going to spend some time crushing those roadblocks on our 5-day challenge right here.

One of the biggest mistakes I think we all make when starting a business is trying to figure it out all on our own.

It’s akin to “reinventing the wheel” – but there’s no need. The wheel has already been invented. Peter Drucker wrote “business is only two things; marketing and innovation.”

Innovation isn’t as scary of a word as some people make it out to be, though. It’s simply “how can I do what I do for more people, for less money, with more profit, and higher quality.”

That’s a mouthful, sure, but check it out; there’s only 3 ways to grow a business. Get more customers, get them to spend more money, get them to come back more often (there’s definitely no need to reinvent that formula).

So how do you do those?

More customers come from getting the right message in front of the right people at the right time (with the right offer, of course).

And we’ll talk about how to do that throughout the challenge… but there are many creative ways to acquire new customers.

Keep this in mind: no matter what you sell – SOMEBODY already has access to a large group of people who WANT your products and services.

The simple term is “joint venture” but we’re going to go quite a bit more in-depth than that.

We’re going to discover how do we find these people and create a win-win-win situations with them to not only promote your stuff, but do it happily, AND have the people “being sold to” HAPPY that you’re doing it – imagine that!

You can be “innovative” simply by creating partnerships that never existed before.

Next when we start thinking about how to “get people to spend more money with you” – this one is quite easy…

Offer them more things!

Upsells, downsells, cross-sells, add-on sales – there are a million ways to increase the average customer’s transaction.

What can you offer immediately after purchase that would make your product better? Faster? Easier? Done-for-you?

One of my friends and clients now does over $30MM/year in his Ecommerce business (mostly on Amazon). When I asked him what his secret was, he responded very simply “more skus”

There’s never been a harder time to sell someone the first time, but there’s never been an easier time to sell someone the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th time.

Why is this?

You’re going to have to work your a$$ off to build TRUST with your potential customers and clients.

(Why do you think I’m including so much copy in a FREE 5-day challenge? I’m selling you pretty damn hard here, today!)

But once trust is established – people would much rather patronize the brand they know, like, and TRUST.

If you can prove to me you deliver a great product, a great service, in a timely and effective manner – I’d rather buy ALL my stuff from you (as long as you have it).

Now, I’m not saying go all willy-nilly and sell everything to everybody – there’s some strategy to this.

Finally, to get more CONSISTENT sales? More RECURRING revenue – we must strategically craft our offers. Every business I’ve ever worked with had the possibility to offer a weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annual “subscription”.

And while you might immediately recoil and say “I can’t do a monthly thing – I’m in X business!” – don’t forget… your income is only capped by your creativity!

One of my favorite examples is in a book called the Ultimate Sales Machine. I got to meet Chet briefly many years ago before he died but he was BRILLIANT.

In his book he wrote about a carpet cleaning business that did their research. They found that allergens latch onto carpet like white on rice. To have a truly clean home, you needed to steam your carpet at LEAST twice per year.

They came up with the “silver plan” where everyone of their clients paid a small monthly fee and they received 2 free cleanings per year plus some bonuses. On the Gold plan, they’d clean your air ducts, too.

Imagine never having to worry about when was “the right time” to clean your carpets – it was all taken care of for you. Scheduled ahead of time. One less thing to worry about for the customer, less expensive in the long-run for them, AND this business (that normally struggles with cashflow because of the transactional nature of that industry) became a cash-flowing BEAST.

There’s always ways to create something cool if you challenge yourself (see what I did there?)

3. WORLD-CLASS Marketing

The other thing we’re going to need to take your business to the next level this year is world-class marketing.

And let’s call a spade a spade… it’s VERY crowded out there these days. We need to narrow down who do you need to reach, where are they hanging out, and what do we need to say to them to get them to TAKE ACTION.

There’s just something about advertising, writing copy, speaking from stage, and coming up with new and creative ways to reach the customers that I love so much.

And it’s incredibly rewarding when you can get someone out of their own way, alleviate their fears, calm their worries, and get them to bet on themselves by taking action.

One of the greatest compliments someone can give you is a purchase – and that has nothing to do with the money – it has everything to do with a total stranger trusting you enough to make their lives better.

I’m going to break down marketing in this challenge to it’s simplest and most-actionable form.

I don’t think I have the characters left in this post to share all of them, but here’s an example:

ALL MARKETING IS…

1. Here’s what I’ve got
3. Here’s how to get it

1. An AD
2. 4 Web Pages
3. 2 Email Sequences

I realize these are a little out of context, but I’ve got a couple dozen of these including what you need to find prospects… what you need to move prospects to customers… how you can connect with your potential customers in order to get them to move… and so much more.

If you want life-time access to the recordings and do some bonus Q&A sessions with me during this week (like actual consulting in the group), I’m charging $197 as an “upsell” but you certainly don’t have to pay for anything if you don’t want to.

So why am I doing it?

1. Impact is more important than income to me right now. I’m making more than I could ever spend but if I really want to build this “Accenture-like” business I’m talking about – I’m going to need to touch a lot of lives.

It allows me to cast a really wide net and help tons of people – I’m even helping people who would never become a customer of mine! And that’s cool, too!

2. It’s been really fun. I’ve got to be honest; I’ve been working on so many systems lately that business has become somewhat robotic for me. I really, really enjoy interacting with people and solving tough business challenges – so for those who have a business up and running – the measly $197 is going to be extremely worth it for you (to give you an idea, when I was full-time consulting I charged $4,880 per month for 2 one-hour calls .. and my calendar was full).

And if you can’t swing the extra, you’re especially going to like this because we’re going to get you some results in advance and then maybe someday you’ll come back to buy something from me another time.

You want in?

For Free.

If you want the upsell, you can grab it. If not, no big deal – I’m going to knock your socks off either way.

Is there a next one?

missinfinity98

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Oct 25, 2021
Exactly - would you like to reactivate it somehow in 2022? I would love to participate and possibly contribute!

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Is there a next one?
Exactly - would you like to reactivate it somehow in 2022? I would love to participate and possibly contribute!

Hey guys,

I love the challenge model. It's a blast to hang out with everyone live. And I've done a couple of others this year but don't have any scheduled for the public anytime soon.

I think the new forum ad rules prevent me from doing timed offers anyways. I'm sure it's a pain in the a$$ to manage which ads are live and which ones aren't.

I've got LOTS of stuff planned for the first quarter of the year but I won't be promoting it here on the forum. I'm just here to hang out now.

BulkPaintings

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jan 9, 2022
Turkey
You want to do better.

You need a coach.

Is it worth my time?

ALSO

That’s what we call…

Now THAT’S powerful.

1. Peak Psychology

Why?

So how do you do those?

Offer them more things!

Why is this?

3. WORLD-CLASS Marketing

ALL MARKETING IS…

1. Here’s what I’ve got
3. Here’s how to get it

1. An AD
2. 4 Web Pages
3. 2 Email Sequences

So why am I doing it?

You want in?

For Free.

decent.

YelmisPravida

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jan 23, 2012
Fall in love with your customer, not your product. As business owners we should constantly find ways to improve our customers’ lives. New products, better service, higher quality – whatever it takes. If you truly love someone, what would you do for them? Anything. Too many people get so short-sighted because they say “we sell X and only X” and they never think outside that box.
Fantastic quote!

I've been implementing a new process in our company: "If a customer asks for it, we will say yes and add it as a solution to our 'add-ons' page".

We are a service company so it's really only a matter of "packaging" solutions and starting to offer them, provided we have the skills. If we don't have the skills, we can just have a higher price for it and find the right skill once a customer asks for it.

I've personally added one solution already and it will make it much more clear what we can offer and what it will cost, instead of having it as a "fluffy maybe we could do". Specifying the solution on the page forces me to make decisions: What does it consist of? Who does it? How do we do it? What's included and not included? What does it cost?

Sometimes it's hard to come up with solutions out of thin air. But by listening to the customer's requests and then finding a way to deliver it, by specifying it, I think can be one way of doing it.

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022
You want to do better.

You need a coach.

Is it worth my time?

ALSO

That’s what we call…

Now THAT’S powerful.

1. Peak Psychology

Why?

So how do you do those?

Offer them more things!

Why is this?

3. WORLD-CLASS Marketing

ALL MARKETING IS…

1. Here’s what I’ve got
3. Here’s how to get it

1. An AD
2. 4 Web Pages
3. 2 Email Sequences

So why am I doing it?

You want in?

For Free.

Great post. Heads up, I went to check out your website and it looks down.

BigRomeDawg

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jan 22, 2014
Canada/USA
I've been a Path member for.. I don't know.. 4 years?

Helped double my first business from $600k to 1.2m..

And helped me start up the new marketing agency.

Today's call was super valuable. It was a refresher on how our physiology influences our state and our actions. When I got off the call, I knew I'd be on calls the rest of the day so I went and hit a quick workout in the sun. Crushed my calls.

Then we hashed out referral systems for the next 30 minutes, which is gonna bring in a ton of business in the coming months,

If you take action, you'll make your money back, week #1.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I've always gotten huge value from The Path calls over the years.

This last call was no exception. Laying out the process for referrals was brilliant. I'm implementing these strategies after the holidays and expect this to be a source of double digits growth all by itself.

The Path calls have always helped me more with mindset than anything else, but we all know without proper mindset, business will suffer.

It's helped me repeatedly get out of my own way to grow.

From some strategies learned last year and earlier this year, I made some big changes in one of my businesses that is responsible for 30% increase in front line revenue and 50% increase in recurring revenue.

This is a no brainier.... Unless we are competitors then I highly discourage this program...lol.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I don't write many testimonials or reco's but I am going to write one for Steve here because the new "The Path" is fantastic.

Steve has been running this for years, It's one of the few weekly calls (at the time, they ended a few months ago for better methods) that I would attend regularly.

Recently, he re-invented the program for 2023 and how it's distributed to better align with members and their needs. Thanks KFS

Now a days there are 2 calls a month on high level strategy, and the core member group is better connected on chat vs weekly zooms. This allows me to drop a question or get an opinion from Steve and the other members when I need to. Excellent resource, especially if you have no network currently to do that with.

The other thing which I have come to really enjoy about the current Path Model is the monthly newsletters that are professionally produced. I can't explain what's in them outside marketing and strategy, but it's not a BS text only email. I physically print them out and read them each month (and maybe slide it to someone in need from time to time )

I think all the current members could agree, that direct access to Steve and his resources for marketing are a massive benefit. When ever I have texted Steve about a funnel email, or ad copy, or whatever new Direct Response tactic, he always pulls rabbits out of his Ninja Turtle hat and provides a template, guide, or explains the baseline to me.

Steve and I have been friends for well over a decade, so I could in theory get that any time. I pay to be a member to be a part of "The Path" to support him and also participate with the group of other entrepreneurs and leverage their knowledge and Steve's endless bag of tactics and strategies at the drop of a text msg. WELL.... WELL worth the price without contest.

Here is the latest newsletter.... Steve wanted to post it as content until he saw my face and never posted it... now I get to force it to the world

EA1MZCD.jpg

Oilman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
May 1, 2019
I've been a Path member for.. I don't know.. 4 years?

Helped double my first business from $600k to 1.2m..

And helped me start up the new marketing agency.

Today's call was super valuable. It was a refresher on how our physiology influences our state and our actions. When I got off the call, I knew I'd be on calls the rest of the day so I went and hit a quick workout in the sun. Crushed my calls.

Then we hashed out referral systems for the next 30 minutes, which is gonna bring in a ton of business in the coming months,

If you take action, you'll make your money back, week #1.
Thanks for your testimonial. I will consider this opportunity because I need to make my first online sale by end of this month. I'm tired of working at my current job, maybe this group can end my dry streak.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Thanks for your testimonial. I will consider this opportunity because I need to make my first online sale by end of this month. I'm tired of working at my current job, maybe this group can end my dry streak.
You're in luck because it's free right now

Pathmembership.com and you can create your account. Don't mind the construction. Still lots to upload in there

Oilman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
May 1, 2019
You're in luck because it's free right now

Pathmembership.com and you can create your account. Don't mind the construction. Still lots to upload in there
Yeah I'll be honest, the page confused me. I was expecting testimonials, guarantees, etc.

Signing up now.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior

Oilman

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
May 1, 2019
Be as honest as you want :)

Well, fiddle sticks.

I'll check-in with the team today to see what others might be missing, too.
I also want to assure you I won't be a PITA (Pain in the...).

Believe me, I'm trying to get out of a garbage situation, which is working a dead end job I don't like. I will take action and I won't pester you. Not all free content attracts low quality people.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I also want to assure you I won't be a PITA (Pain in the...).

Believe me, I'm trying to get out of a garbage situation, which is working a dead end job I don't like. I will take action and I won't pester you. Not all free content attracts low quality people.

95% of the stuff inside this program ...

(including all the courses and training that will eventually be uploaded into the right place AHEM web team if you're reading this! :rofl::rofl:)

... is for scaling current businesses. If you've got something up and running I can help you double it... and then double it again... and then double it again...

I've got an INSIDERS thread about how this is shaping up. I suppose I'll have to rewrite all of this at some point.

If you can put up with everything being in the wrong places and links broken for a little while, you can just keep your free account forever!

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014
Hi Steve, I've recently started an agency in Europe in HR, market is pretty tough and would love some help on how to scale things and get more clients...Would the path hell? I'm putting in a lot of hours but kinda shooting in the dark here...

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Hi Steve, I've recently started an agency in Europe in HR, market is pretty tough and would love some help on how to scale things and get more clients...Would the path hell? I'm putting in a lot of hours but kinda shooting in the dark here...

What exactly are you selling? What have you tried that has worked? What have you tried that HASN'T worked?

If you intend to sell one-to-many via presentations (webinar, stage, small room), or one-to-one over the phone (run paid/organic ads > get appointments > do a sales call) -- it can certainly help.

We're broken into "SCALE" which is high level strategy (what else to sell, joint ventures, creative ways to build), "MARKETING MASTERY" which is probably what you're looking for (how to get more leads, make offers, and follow-up... copy, ads, etc.), "PEAK PERFORMANCE" which is the personal development side of entrepreneurship, and the new live classes of "AI ASCENSION" where I'm showing how to use AI to do what's in Marketing Mastery.

Beyond that, the way it works is one week there's a trailblazer interview (someone with a specific strategy you can plug into your business), an implementation call the next week, and an open office/Q&A session the following week.

I created the whole $47 trial for folks to see if it helps... however, that content vault is getting big again. If you get lost just hit me up.

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014
What exactly are you selling? What have you tried that has worked? What have you tried that HASN'T worked?

If you intend to sell one-to-many via presentations (webinar, stage, small room), or one-to-one over the phone (run paid/organic ads > get appointments > do a sales call) -- it can certainly help.

We're broken into "SCALE" which is high level strategy (what else to sell, joint ventures, creative ways to build), "MARKETING MASTERY" which is probably what you're looking for (how to get more leads, make offers, and follow-up... copy, ads, etc.), "PEAK PERFORMANCE" which is the personal development side of entrepreneurship, and the new live classes of "AI ASCENSION" where I'm showing how to use AI to do what's in Marketing Mastery.

Beyond that, the way it works is one week there's a trailblazer interview (someone with a specific strategy you can plug into your business), an implementation call the next week, and an open office/Q&A session the following week.

I created the whole $47 trial for folks to see if it helps... however, that content vault is getting big again. If you get lost just hit me up.
Appreciate it.

So what i've mostly tried is cold mailing through linkedin. Letting potential clients know im out there and what i can help them with.

Tried being more direct with what i sell and more of a lets grab a coffee and see what happens.

Edit: im selling a b2b service.

Last edited:

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Appreciate it.

So what i've mostly tried is cold mailing through linkedin. Letting potential clients know im out there and what i can help them with.

Tried being more direct with what i sell and more of a lets grab a coffee and see what happens.

Edit: im selling a b2b service.

I've made a bunch off of cold outbound over the years. It's not exactly the most efficient strategy but sometimes you've got to get scrappy.

If it were me, I'd like to see you building paid and organic ads helping folks with their current challenges. When you say HR services, I understand it's a b2b service but WHAT service? HR can cover compliance, hiring/firing, reviews, and about a billion other things. Is there a specific service you offer for them?

How can you tie in educational-based marketing directed towards CFOs or HR directors (if that's who you're after) that would entice them?

How can you get someone to raise their hand and say "I'm interested" (which, if it's good enough, you can take that to cold outreach, too).

A free report or white paper is still the best "bait" for folks like this. As long as it's relevant, timely, and unique. "5 Major Changes To HR in 2024"

Obviously that's horrible but when it comes to generating leads (especially with strangers) it has to read like newspaper headlines (the scary doom and gloom stuff).

Imagine you're walking down the street and someone shoves $100 in your face and says "HERE! TAKE THIS! TAKE IT NOW! IT'S YOURS!" ... you'd be weirded out right? You probably wouldn't even take the money thinking it was stolen or there's a catch or something is wrong with it.

BUT... if someone comes up to you on the street and says "hey man, don't go that way it's dangerous" -- even if you didn't believe the guy, you'd think twice about walking that direction.

Same thing needs to happen in your lead generation. What mistakes are they making? What challenges are on the horizon? What is costing them? (And if you speak in the language of the person you're targeting, all the better. CFOs care about cost savings... HR managers care about compliance... etc)

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014
I've made a bunch off of cold outbound over the years. It's not exactly the most efficient strategy but sometimes you've got to get scrappy.

If it were me, I'd like to see you building paid and organic ads helping folks with their current challenges. When you say HR services, I understand it's a b2b service but WHAT service? HR can cover compliance, hiring/firing, reviews, and about a billion other things. Is there a specific service you offer for them?

How can you tie in educational-based marketing directed towards CFOs or HR directors (if that's who you're after) that would entice them?

How can you get someone to raise their hand and say "I'm interested" (which, if it's good enough, you can take that to cold outreach, too).

A free report or white paper is still the best "bait" for folks like this. As long as it's relevant, timely, and unique. "5 Major Changes To HR in 2024"

Obviously that's horrible but when it comes to generating leads (especially with strangers) it has to read like newspaper headlines (the scary doom and gloom stuff).

Imagine you're walking down the street and someone shoves $100 in your face and says "HERE! TAKE THIS! TAKE IT NOW! IT'S YOURS!" ... you'd be weirded out right? You probably wouldn't even take the money thinking it was stolen or there's a catch or something is wrong with it.

BUT... if someone comes up to you on the street and says "hey man, don't go that way it's dangerous" -- even if you didn't believe the guy, you'd think twice about walking that direction.

Same thing needs to happen in your lead generation. What mistakes are they making? What challenges are on the horizon? What is costing them? (And if you speak in the language of the person you're targeting, all the better. CFOs care about cost savings... HR managers care about compliance... etc)
This is truly awesome and gives me some insight into how much more i can do when it comes to lead generation.

And regarding your question into what i do my service is helping b2b clients with recruiting specialist roles :).

Since the market is pretty rough at the moment many agencies are reaching out to the same clients, i think for me bulding relationships with companies that are growing is key.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
This is truly awesome and gives me some insight into how much more i can do when it comes to lead generation.

And regarding your question into what i do my service is helping b2b clients with recruiting specialist roles :).

Since the market is pretty rough at the moment many agencies are reaching out to the same clients, i think for me bulding relationships with companies that are growing is key.

Two ways to tackle it which is (obviously) B2B and B2C.

But the strategy is different because they want different things, right? In The Path I have a whole thing on copy writing based on my "F.A.C." technique:

To FIND the right people, you need to know who they are, what they want, and how they get it... to ATTRACT them you need to know their questions, worries, and fears (answer and alleviate them)... and to CONNECT with them you need know their frustrations & turnoffs, negative emotions, and what you need to demonstrate to be true to them in order for them to move forward...

You're smart so I probably don't have to spell it out for you but these 9 things are dramatically different for the recruiter versus the HR manager versus the person they're trying to recruit. Changes by the industry, too.

Depends on your motivation level but I think you should have funnels for both. And if you're the one educating them, they start calling you instead of you reaching out to them.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.