The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Great Rat-Race Escape by MJ DeMarco, Now Available (All formats!)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Celebrate REAL INDEPENDENCE on your INDEPENDENCE DAY weekend.

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 16 hours Audible) is now available with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

- Audible Audiobook
- Amazon Paperback
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play
- Kobo
- Apple
- Barnes And Noble

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime
(Yes, really long but I was able to get to work on the cover!)

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • The 1/5/10 Strategy: How this one simple exercise will unearth your ultimate dream life while establishing a decision framework for its reality
  • The Honeypot Principle: Why the financial media's "invest a $100/mo for 40 years in indexed-funds" narrative is part of the same rat-race scheme, just a different side of the same rigged coin.
  • The Dual Change Strategy: The two divergent sides of change and how it can make you a fortune.
  • The Value Skew Strategy: How to find literally 1000s of business ideas and why you never need to "disrupt" or invent anything new or novel.
  • The Millionaire Payday Strategy: How to spot opportunities to hire yourself and earn an instant millionaire-making income.
  • The Cinderella Principle: Why starting a business based on a cultural trend or a fad is a horrible idea.
  • The Perseverance Strategy: Never struggle with motivation again; the four necessary ingredients to tap into unlimited motivation and determination, regardless of the obstacles in your way.
  • The Triangulated Value Strategy: Learn how to never quit three-feet from gold: The 3-pronged strategy in maximizing marketing yields while also illuminating the "quit or continue" decision.
  • and over 110+ more!
Don’t let the rat-race and its co-conspirators proclaim your life as non-essential. Don’t let the rat-race entice you to save your life away for the promise of an elderly retirement. Don’t let the rat-race lull you into a tedious existence medicated by television, video games, and trivial sporting events.

Go Unscripted , escape the rat-race, and win your happily-ever-after.

##### DOWNLOAD SAMPLE CHAPTERS
>>> If you'd like to download the first 40 pages, visit here.
1620872613.png

Amazon-com-New-Releases-The-best-selling-new-future-releases-in-Personal-Finance.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
So excited for this!

I got a bunch of family and friends this is going right out to as well.

Hope the launch goes great and thanks for another amazing book MJ!

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 8, 2019
The MailCheat(Chimp) Subscribers Box isn't working properly. I can't use any of my email addresses.

1. Error tells me, that I have to enter a valid email adresse. Maybe the user box for email query is actually for login purposes?

2. Please make the subscription Box more mobile friendly. I can't see the first two letters when I tip in the email adresse or the name on the left side.

P.S. Can't wait for the new Book. I'm jacked to the tits.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
I just shit my pants in excitement.

Working my way through Unscripted atm :)

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
I read the first 40 pages today and the whole time I was comparing it to my life and what I'm currently going through. I can't wait to read the entire book! I'm going to start with the paper copy and eventually purchase it on Audible.

If I'm already on the list, will I get access to an advanced copy as well? Or do I have to sign up additionally on the link?

FYI, there is an error on page 24. The very last line that says, "realized" should be "realize."

ItsAJackal

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Oct 16, 2018
How do these read in Kindle format? I had unscripted in paperback and really liked being able to dog ear sections and highlight what I want. I've never had a book I would reference like this in kindle format. Always been a 1 and done with digital books.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
I smell a bestseller. Pre-ordered. Also happy to read an early review copy (signed up for the list but won't read the first 40 pages—I prefer to read the entire thing).

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If I'm already on the list, will I get access to an advanced copy as well? Or do I have to sign up additionally on the link?

Advanced copies will be limited, but if you act fast whenever the email comes, you should be able to get one.

Advanced copies will also be limited to how fast I can acquire stock, the printing queue at my printer is backlogged. So I might be limited here.

Thanks for spotting the error as well.

How do these read in Kindle format?

Like any other Kindle book I would guess. Sounds like you are like me, I prefer paperbacks and Audiobook over e-readers.

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
Advanced copies will be limited, but if you act fast whenever the email comes, you should be able to get one.

Advanced copies will also be limited to how fast I can acquire stock, the printing queue at my printer is backlogged. So I might be limited here.

It was a little unclear so I went ahead and adding myself to the new mailing list. Maybe I'm on both now, maybe it's all the same. I'll be checking my email regularly.

Jockomofino

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Jan 22, 2018
Durham, NC

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 13 hours Audible) is now up for pre-release with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

##### SUMMARY

UNSCRIPTED - The Great Rat Race Escape : From Wage Slavery to Wealth, How to Start a Purpose Driven Business and Win Financial Freedom for a Lifetime

By all appearances, Jeff and Samantha Trotman are living the American Dream. But behind the white picket fence, they endure an American Nightmare. With little time for each other, a pile of debt, and Ferrari taste on a Ford budget, the ruse of affluence is killing them. Two respectable jobs and a lovely suburban house paint a pretty picture, but behind the ink is a broken marriage rife with meaningless work and dead dreams. And now, with an unplanned pregnancy, they’re facing a mid-life crisis twenty years early.

With little time and looming bankruptcy, the Trotmans are forced to face the red-pill truth they long denied: They were living, but they weren’t alive. Determined to resurrect their life and their marriage, the Trotmans plot a rat-race escape—only to find themselves more thickly in it.

As tensions rise and hope fades, follow along step-by-step as the Trotmans pivot to a new strategy and a new career: starting a business as entrepreneurs.

While they navigate their journey, you’ll learn 120 wealth-building strategies and principles that your mainstream financial guru won’t dare reveal—actionable concepts that will help you profit your way into the Unscripted 1%, an emerging economic class of entrepreneurs who enjoy a lifetime of freedom emancipated from miserly living and Wall Street's "save, pray, and wait" paradigm. Discover how one family escapes the rat-race grind and wins a lifetime of financial freedom, leaving behind the tyranny of meaningless jobs and mediocre living— and how you can too.

• The Bad Math Principle: Why most people will never escape the rat-race, much less earn financial freedom.
  • The 1/5/10 Strategy: How this one simple exercise will unearth your ultimate dream life while establishing a decision framework for its reality
  • The Honeypot Principle: Why the financial media's "invest a $100/mo for 40 years in indexed-funds" narrative is part of the same rat-race scheme, just a different side of the same rigged coin.
  • The Dual Change Strategy: The two divergent sides of change and how it can make you a fortune.
  • The Value Skew Strategy: How to find literally 1000s of business ideas and why you never need to "disrupt" or invent anything new or novel.
  • The Millionaire Payday Strategy: How to spot opportunities to hire yourself and earn an instant millionaire-making income.
  • The Cinderella Principle: Why starting a business based on a cultural trend or a fad is a horrible idea.
  • The Perseverance Strategy: Never struggle with motivation again; the four necessary ingredients to tap into unlimited motivation and determination, regardless of the obstacles in your way.
  • The Triangulated Value Strategy: Learn how to never quit three-feet from gold: The 3-pronged strategy in maximizing marketing yields while also illuminating the "quit or continue" decision.
  • and over 110+ more!
Don’t let the rat-race and its co-conspirators proclaim your life as non-essential. Don’t let the rat-race entice you to save your life away for the promise of an elderly retirement. Don’t let the rat-race lull you into a tedious existence medicated by television, video games, and trivial sporting events.

##### HOW TO ORDER

>>> Pre-Order on Kindle.
>>> Paperback and Audible Audiobook available on June 29th, 2021
>>> If you'd like to get an advanced copy (BEFORE June 29th) please register above to receive the first 40 pages and you will be added to an advanced list.

View attachment 37973
View attachment 37974

Got my 40! Pre-ordered on Kindle! Hoping I get an advance hard copy! Can't wait!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
A little backstory...

When I originally started writing the story in this book, my goal was to take the introductory story (Chapter 1) from Unscripted Book 1 and carry it forward.

But then I realized writing about a single man with little responsibility (no wife, no family, no kids) was taking the easy way out.

So the book starts out very similarly to Unscripted Book 1 (the guy jolted awake in the morning) but it carries forward with entirely different circumstances, namely a child coming due and a dead marriage looming...

And here's more info (copied from the thread on the INSIDE).

On reflection, I tried to make the book resemble the 1999 blockbuster movie, the Titanic. In that production, the central story is about a sinking boat, but the side-plot is a love story.

In this book, the central story is about escaping the rat-race, but the side-plot is how one couple reignites their marriage and deals with past traumas.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
ordered!
haven't read it yet, any chance this will be in print at some point? if so, I'd buy some.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
ordered!
haven't read it yet, any chance this will be in print at some point? if so, I'd buy some.
looks like new replies came in while I had this up for commenting... can't wait to get my hands on a paper copy!

Djioul

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 12, 2021
France
A little backstory...

When I originally started writing the story in this book, my goal was to take the introductory story (Chapter 1) from Unscripted Book 1 and carry it forward.

But then I realized writing about a single man with little responsibility (no wife, no family, no kids) was taking the easy way out.

So the book starts out very similarly to Unscripted Book 1 (the guy jolted awake in the morning) but it carries forward with entirely different circumstances, namely a child coming due and a dead marriage looming...
Can't wait to read it !

I am completely in this situation of having a wife and 2 kids while starting to work on jumping off of the Script (except I love my wife and definitely wanted to have kids).
Anyway, I like the new approach which will, for sure, be complementary to your 2 first books.
I'm so excited !

door123

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Apr 4, 2020
West Coast

I'm happy to announce that my next full length book (444 pages, 13 hours Audible) is now up for pre-release with a release date of Tuesday June 29th, 2021.

##### SUMMARY

• and over 110+ more!

##### HOW TO ORDER

>>> Pre-Order on Kindle.
>>> Paperback and Audible Audiobook available on June 29th, 2021
>>> If you'd like to get an advanced copy (BEFORE June 29th) please register above to receive the first 40 pages and you will be added to an advanced list.

View attachment 37973
View attachment 37974
Got the email last night. Sat down & read the book in one sitting.

I really enjoyed the storyline & fictional characters as I partially identified with the characters in the book as me & my wife are still on the path to financial independence.

While reading, I remember hi- fiving myself for not financing with credit our wedding, cars, mortgages(rented instead). While also regretting that I hadn't taken concrete action earlier in life to start on my fastlane journey.

Last edited:

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria

DavidTT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Aug 3, 2016
can't wait to buy the hard copy of it!

Thurlam

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Apr 24, 2021
oh baby, a triple!

if I'm being perfectly honest I probably shouldn't read this book since I've already read MJ's other two and I strongly doubt there's going to be a ton of new actionable info, meaning reading this would for me basically just be another form of action-faking and procrastinating...

but let's be real, there's no way I'm not reading it. 'new MJ book' = sold.

D

Deleted78083

You did take "millionaire" off the title of your book hahaha looking forward to reading it!

Will you create a new profile tag on the forum "I read Unscripted 2"?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
if I'm being perfectly honest I probably shouldn't read this book since I've already read MJ's other two and I strongly doubt there's going to be a ton of new actionable info, meaning reading this would for me basically just be another form of action-faking and procrastinating...

There's some new info but essentially it's a new format to crystallize and watch the Fastlane/Unscripted philosophy in action with a true-to-life story.

Will you create a new profile tag on the forum "I read Unscripted 2"?

I will.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Congrats on the new book. I'm going to get this book for some fellow soldiers in Pvt. Witt's army, will readers be totally lost if they do not read the first two books or can your 3rd book be read out of sequence?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
will readers be totally lost if they do not read the first two books or can your 3rd book be read out of sequence?

It can be read out of sequence. Each book can stand on its own and they need not have read anything I wrote prior. Thank you for the recommendations if you do indeed pass it on...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.