The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Master of My Own Fear - Primarily Weight-Loss *155 pounds lost*

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
This Progress thread is for two things only.
  • Copywriting - UpWork + Website / Craigslist Hustle
  • Document weight loss

Copywriting
  • Read Ca$hvertising, Influence, Breakthrough Advertising
  • @SinisterLex Copywriting Course
  • I am on UpWork. Currently, my visibility is locked. Due to inactivity. That'll change.

Weightloss
  • Weight: 342.6 pounds
  • Goal Weigh: 185 pounds

The overarching goal will be this:
  • Copywriting on UpWork / Website - 10k monthly by June 1st, 2018
  • 100 pounds lost by February 1st, 2019

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With copywriting. I need to concentrate on getting a gig, that pays.

Ideally, I would like to be at 185 pounds by February, 2019. That last 40 - 80 pounds will be the hardest. I can only push through the adversity!

I'm basing everything on this by doing five tasks daily. Marking a W (Won the Day) or L (Lost the Day).
My goals will not by on my daily five tasks. For more information on this: Maximizing Productivity & Win the Day

I have a notebook that each day will have my five tasks.

Monday - 02/26/2018

1. Setup instagram / Sign up for hosting & domain
2. Get a gig on UpWork
3. Go to the Grocery Store for healthy food
4. Sign up at local Gym
5. Buy water filtration system
L

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Monday - 02/26/2018

1. Setup instagram / Sign up for hosting & domain
2. Get a gig on UpWork
3. Go to the Grocery Store for healthy food
4. Sign up at local Gym
5. Buy water filtration system
L

I lost Monday & Tuesday. Though, I did do more work those two days, than I have in recent months! I had some very good interviews on UpWork. Still fine tuning the YOU proposals.

One thing I'm having trouble with. Getting in bed sooner. Would like to make a new routine. Instead of being a night owl. I would like to be a morning person.

Wednesday - 02/28/2018
1. Apply for more gigs. Get a gig.
2. Learn HTML / CSS. I'll break it down to 30 mins a day.
3. 45 min gym workout.
4. Bed at 9 pm.
5. Drink 184 oz h2o.
L

Last edited:

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
One thing I'm having trouble with. Getting in bed sooner. Would like to make a new routine. Instead of being a night owl. I would like to be a morning person.
I had insomnia for several years, and it completely went away in 2018. If you saw pictures of me in 2017 and now you can see a huge difference; I looked really run down and haggard all the time, definitely more than someone my age should. Here's what I did and what I'd recommend for you:

1. Set your alarm clock early and wake up at that time, no matter how tired you are. Let's say you want to wake up at 6, even if you sleep at 5:30, wake up at 6, no matter what. If you feel tired throughout the day, good. When 10 pm comes around you'll be itching to get your 8 hours of sleep.
  2. Exercise. Especially if your new to it, you'll be physically tired and your body will want it's rest.
  3. Manage time well, and get everything you need done for the day early. This way, you won't be anxious about it in the evening and it won't keep you up.
  4. Have a clean, balanced diet. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables, have good quality whole meat, and carbs from whole grain. Avoid anything processed and with refined sugar and salt. You won't feel bloated and you'll sleep better.
  5. Be happy. Try to look on the positives of life. Have fun. Wake up telling yourself today is going to be awesome, and you can't wait to get out of bed and grab life by the horns.
  6. Limit caffeine. I don't know if you drink a lot of caffeinated drinks, but they overstimulate for adrenal glands and mess up your sleep. I went from sometimes drinking 8 cups of coffee a day to only one a day in the morning. Did wonders.
I hope some of this helps. Rooting for you mate!

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
[THREAD HIJACK]

Guys just a word here...

All of these goals are dependent on one thing: What you eat. That is 90% of the process, the other 10% is exercise, getting your heart rate up, gym, etc.

Last year we didn't have a Summit because I was having health issues.

I won't go into those, but this year the Summit happened because my health improved.

Why did it improve?

Did I start taking a pharma pill? Did I have a surgery? Did I hit the gym 5 days a week?

Nope, all I did was attack the BIGGEST PROCESS responsible for health and body ... I changed what I put in my mouth.

While I'm still not out of the woods, you don't change 10 years of chronic issues with a few months of dietary changes.

At the end of the day, what you put in your mouth will change everything because it is something that happens 10X a day. And this needs to be permanent, a lifestyle, not something that happens a few weeks and then returns to a baseline normal of junk food.

The yo-yo weight gain/loss is the difference between a lifestyle and a diet.

Lifestyles are permanent.
Diets are temporary.

Hence, the yo-yo.

The new lifestyle should have a combo of:
  • Reduce sugars and empty garbage carbs.
  • Reduce highly processed crap (stuff on the interior of the grocery store)
  • More veggies and fruits.
  • Less meat and diary.
  • Read labels
  • Move toward eating whole foods, stuff closer to their natural state.
Wishing you all the best of success.

I consider dietary changes the most difficult thing to change because they involve bio-chemistry with addictive components ... for example, they've proven that sugar and cheese has a similar dopamine response to drugs.

Not only are you fighting your habits, you will be fighting your body's bio-chemical response to the absence of addictive substances ... substances that are purposely put there by the food companies so you will eat more and more...

And that's another thread.

[/END HIJACK]

I have been a prisoner of my indulgences.

I was going to wait until tonight to make this post. So for this entire week, I have been drinking 1.5 g of water. Stopped cold turkey drinking soda pop. For a couple of days it was a struggle. By the end of the week. Holy Crap! I can feel a huge difference. Not being inflamed, the biggest thing noticeable.

When I had went to the local grocery store. Natural Grocers to be exact. I gave myself $65 dollars a week for food. I should have taken a picture. A of vegetables, fruits and oil (rice, balsamic, avocado vinegar). Let me tell you something. Did not expect to go back for more items to purchase.

Vegetables:
  • Eggplant
  • Butternut squash
  • Spaghetti squash
  • Spinach
  • Asparagus
  • Broccoli
  • Cauliflower
  • Arugula
  • Cucumber
  • Zucchini
  • Bell-pepper
  • Tomato
  • Brussel sprouts
Fruit:
  • Blackberries
  • Strawberries
  • Apple
  • Watermelon
  • Lemon
Added fat as well: Walnuts, Avocado, Almonds, Hazelnut, etc.

For my protein: Wild Alaskan Sockeye 6 oz. This was excluded from the $65 budget. Fish was pretty expensive. If I eat it 5 days a week. It will last me 2 months and 2 weeks. 20 lbs of fish. $269.95.

The most expensive items were the spices, vinegar, oil and fish.

Now, I know that is a lot of fish. Right now I am shocking my body. I am coming from 2 -3 meals a day of fast food. KFC, McDonalds, etc...

Which brings me to this point: I was spending roughly $25 dollars a day on unhealthy food. IF I did go to the grocery store. It was cereal, cakes, etc... Sugary/Processed bullshit.

If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule? Anton Chigurh

Which is crazy right? How obvious does have it to be? Roughly $175 dollars a week and I became obese. It is no wonder why I became obese.

Now with the produce I bought. I bought smaller amounts. Not sure what I would like. I can report this: I loved every single thing I bought. My body went through a complete shock!

I also found something interesting. I suck at cooking and love it! I think cooking will help with my fear of failing.

So this is what my meals look like: Monday through Friday - One Meal A Day. Stir Fry for vegetables.
A lot of vegetables, 1 cup per day of fruit, 6 oz protein, 4 - 5 tbsp of fat. Saturday & Sunday will strictly be Indian Cuisine meals. Trying to stay from carbs. Or have it in small amounts.

Basically 23:1 Intermittent Fasting.

I'm sure this will change. It will get harder and harder as the months go by.

My sources:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/014311638X/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

@eliquid @Chitown @Philip Marlowe @MJ DeMarco

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK
:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I have been a prisoner of my indulgences.

I was going to wait until tonight to make this post. So for this entire week, I have been drinking 1.5 g of water. Stopped cold turkey drinking soda pop. For a couple of days it was a struggle. By the end of the week. Holy Crap! I can feel a huge difference. Not being inflamed, the biggest thing noticeable.

When I had went to the local grocery store. Natural Grocers to be exact. I gave myself $65 dollars a week for food. I should have taken a picture. A of vegetables, fruits and oil (rice, balsamic, avocado vinegar). Let me tell you something. Did not expect to go back for more items to purchase.

Vegetables:
  • Eggplant
  • Butternut squash
  • Spaghetti squash
  • Spinach
  • Asparagus
  • Broccoli
  • Cauliflower
  • Arugula
  • Cucumber
  • Zucchini
  • Bell-pepper
  • Tomato
  • Brussel sprouts
Fruit:
  • Blackberries
  • Strawberries
  • Apple
  • Watermelon
  • Lemon
Added fat as well: Walnuts, Avocado, Almonds, Hazelnut, etc.

For my protein: Wild Alaskan Sockeye 6 oz. This was excluded from the $65 budget. Fish was pretty expensive. If I eat it 5 days a week. It will last me 2 months and 2 weeks. 20 lbs of fish. $269.95.

The most expensive items were the spices, vinegar, oil and fish.

Now, I know that is a lot of fish. Right now I am shocking my body. I am coming from 2 -3 meals a day of fast food. KFC, McDonalds, etc...

Which brings me to this point: I was spending roughly $25 dollars a day on unhealthy food. IF I did go to the grocery store. It was cereal, cakes, etc... Sugary/Processed bullshit.

If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule? Anton Chigurh

Which is crazy right? How obvious does have it to be? Roughly $175 dollars a week and I became obese. It is no wonder why I became obese.

Now with the produce I bought. I bought smaller amounts. Not sure what I would like. I can report this: I loved every single thing I bought. My body went through a complete shock!

I also found something interesting. I suck at cooking and love it! I think cooking will help with my fear of failing.

So this is what my meals look like: Monday through Friday - One Meal A Day. Stir Fry for vegetables.
A lot of vegetables, 1 cup per day of fruit, 6 oz protein, 4 - 5 tbsp of fat. Saturday & Sunday will strictly be Indian Cuisine meals. Trying to stay from carbs. Or have it in small amounts.

Basically 23:1 Intermittent Fasting.

I'm sure this will change. It will get harder and harder as the months go by.

My sources:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/014311638X/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

@eliquid @Chitown @Philip Marlowe @MJ DeMarco

Well done on the change of eating habit.
Put this one down as a win?

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well done on the change of eating habit.
Put this one down as a win?

I knew I could change my eating habit. Drinking cokes it what I had problems with. I was just lazy going about it. It is a win. Just not a win for my 5 daily tasks.

Gary

Elevatin' the Celebratin'
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Mar 18, 2011
San Diego
I knew I could change my eating habit. Drinking cokes it what I had problems with. I was just lazy going about it. It is a win. Just not a win for my 5 daily tasks.
Stoked to see your plan and your immediate execution, @Raoul Duke. Subscribing!

Last edited:

Philip Marlowe

Every Day On, No Days Off
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Apr 28, 2017
NE
Does your trash can stink?

This is a weird one, but bear with me.

When I was fit, I'd need to take-out the garbage every two days because it was full of banana peels, chicken containers, and veggie pieces. That stuff would sour quickly.

If your trash is full of wrappers, boxes, soda cans, it's all fake and full of preservatives. It never goes bad.

Keep-up the great work @Raoul Duke !!!

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
1 cup per day of fruit

Slightly unpopular opinion: fruit isn't really needed in a healthy veggie-rich diet.

Fruit, generally, is mostly just sugar and empty calories with some Vitamin C thrown in.

Consider an Orange vs a Bell Pepper:

upload_2018-3-5_10-40-53.png

I've highlighter which one "wins" in the stats. Unless you are dying to get a minuscule amount of fiber and 3% more calcium - the clear winner is a bell pepper. Less sugar, less calories, more vitamins.

That being said - if you are trying to use fruit as a snack replacement for garbage foods like chips, soda, etc... or you just simply LIKE them, then by all means.

I just like pointing out that many folks run to fruit like a dietary requirement for healthy living and truthfully it's really not the case. Fruit (again, generally) doesn't really give you anything you don't normally get from the veggies you normally eat.

So eat them if you like them, it's not like they are bad for you, but if you find it a pain to get in all the fruits you were planning to - don't feel bad about dropping them entirely.

Envious

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Sep 26, 2017
London
I had insomnia for several years, and it completely went away in 2018. If you saw pictures of me in 2017 and now you can see a huge difference; I looked really run down and haggard all the time, definitely more than someone my age should. Here's what I did and what I'd recommend for you:

1. Set your alarm clock early and wake up at that time, no matter how tired you are. Let's say you want to wake up at 6, even if you sleep at 5:30, wake up at 6, no matter what. If you feel tired throughout the day, good. When 10 pm comes around you'll be itching to get your 8 hours of sleep.
  2. Exercise. Especially if your new to it, you'll be physically tired and your body will want it's rest.
  3. Manage time well, and get everything you need done for the day early. This way, you won't be anxious about it in the evening and it won't keep you up.
  4. Have a clean, balanced diet. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables, have good quality whole meat, and carbs from whole grain. Avoid anything processed and with refined sugar and salt. You won't feel bloated and you'll sleep better.
  5. Be happy. Try to look on the positives of life. Have fun. Wake up telling yourself today is going to be awesome, and you can't wait to get out of bed and grab life by the horns.
  6. Limit caffeine. I don't know if you drink a lot of caffeinated drinks, but they overstimulate for adrenal glands and mess up your sleep. I went from sometimes drinking 8 cups of coffee a day to only one a day in the morning. Did wonders.
I hope some of this helps. Rooting for you mate!

This is great advice.
I've managed to change most of these things and they really do have a remarkable effect on your whole life.
The only one I'm struggling with is waking up at the same time everyday, that's because i work a lot of night shifts (which I'm hoping to change sooner rather than later) and it's hard to stick to that schedule.

One thing I would add to that is to not look at your phone in the morning when you get up before you've planned what you want to get done in the day, this can really help productivity.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Does your trash can stink?

This is a weird one, but bear with me.

When I was fit, I'd need to take-out the garbage every two days because it was full of banana peels, chicken containers, and veggie pieces. That stuff would sour quickly.

If your trash is full of wrappers, boxes, soda cans, it's all fake and full of preservatives. It never goes bad.

Keep-up the great work @Raoul Duke !!!

I haven't really noticed, to be perfectly honest. My girlfriend & I keep a tight ship through out the house. So, nothing has really stood out as far as smell. I do have a nose though. We have thought about maybe growing some things. So, we might use it for composting. I have a few acres of land.

Slightly unpopular opinion: fruit isn't really needed in a healthy veggie-rich diet.

Fruit, generally, is mostly just sugar and empty calories with some Vitamin C thrown in.

Consider an Orange vs a Bell Pepper:

View attachment 18370

I've highlighter which one "wins" in the stats. Unless you are dying to get a minuscule amount of fiber and 3% more calcium - the clear winner is a bell pepper. Less sugar, less calories, more vitamins.

That being said - if you are trying to use fruit as a snack replacement for garbage foods like chips, soda, etc... or you just simply LIKE them, then by all means.

I just like pointing out that many folks run to fruit like a dietary requirement for healthy living and truthfully it's really not the case. Fruit (again, generally) doesn't really give you anything you don't normally get from the veggies you normally eat.

So eat them if you like them, it's not like they are bad for you, but if you find it a pain to get in all the fruits you were planning to - don't feel bad about dropping them entirely.

Not sure why I added the fruits. Probably, try to keep everything in balance? Not eating a snack. Just one meal a day. I've always responded well fruits.

Philip Marlowe

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Apr 28, 2017
NE
How goes it today? On-track? How much weight are you down since you started, if you don't mind me asking :)

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Watching. Rooting for you!

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
How goes it today? On-track? How much weight are you down since you started, if you don't mind me asking :)

At the end of the month I'll weigh myself. I am breaking down my weight loss into thirds. Every 3 months. So, I can adjust at the beginning of each month or so. Here in a few weeks i'll start incorporating lifting weights.

I've been walking a lot as well. Great thing about having Sadie with me. She wants to keep walking.

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK
I'm basing everything on this by doing five tasks daily. Marking a W (Won the Day) or L (Lost the Day).
My goals will not by on my daily five tasks. For more information on this: Maximizing Productivity & Win the Day

(REP+) thank you for pointing this method out, I've found it very useful, hopefully going well for you too.

EDIT I used it for a while, to make sure it worked for me, before posting thanks

Last edited:

Invictus

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
You're doing great man!

You mentioned that you're looking to get up earlier, I wrote this about a week ago. It may provide some value to you.

Two things that helped me as well were melatonin and the app Sleep Cycle. The app monitors your level of 'activity' in a half hour period and sets off an alarm when it thinks you're most awake. This way you're (less likely) to be woken up in the middle of a sleep cycle.

Other apps will just ask you what time you want to wake up, and then wake you up at the end of your last full sleep cycle. However, this sucks because:

1) It assumes your sleep cycle is an hour and a half. Yours may not be.
2) Based on the time you set it and when you go to bed, they may be robbing you of over an hour of sleep (IE: Make you wake up an hour earlier) because you're not getting a 'complete' cycle.

----

One of your goals was too win a gig on Upwork in order to "Win the Day', but I would adjust that to "Apply to X Gigs". Or "Spend X Time on Proposals." You can't necessarily control winning the gigs (Event), but you can control applying (Process). It sucks to say you lost the day when you put in the work, but you haven't gotten a response yet.

Loving this thread man. I'm rooting for you!

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Well... Well... Well... Time for a update, I suppose. lol

Starting off with Health: I'm down 290 lbs. Still One Meal A Day (6oz fish, lots of veggies). No CARBS or Sugar (soda). Drinking plenty of water.

Exercising consists of walking, stretching + yoga and row machines. Haven't really hit the weights.

My father has been battling health issues for quite some time. Which has effected me with freelancing. Which has been nonexistent. I've pushed people away, basically. I think the reason why: I don't enjoy copywriting.

So, I quit.

I started working at our Hospital. I work in Materials Maintenance. Delivering equipment for OR, ED, etc...

Monday - Friday with the weekends off. 40 hours a week with benefits. $12.47 hour. With all the overtime I want.

So, with that in mind...

Working 40 hours of overtime per check (2 a month). That is $1,101.44 x 13 = $14,318.72 by the end of the year.

Working for the rest of my life for someone else isn't my goal or plan. But, freelancing hasn't gotten me nowhere near that amount of money.

Sure, I could finish out @Fox course. I didn't have much success with copywriting. Feels like i'm bouncing from one shiny object, to the next.

So, how could I expect Web Design to end up like copywriting?

By working at the Hospital. I have access... meeting people from all walks of life. This, has opened me up quite a bit. Meeting new folks, etc...

By working overtime and saving from the regular paycheck. I'll have roughly $20k in the bank. And yes @LightHouse I have paid off my loan. So, I am debt free now.

I've spotted several opportunities as well in the Hospital.

So, maybe freelancing is done for me? I still want to open up the restaurant. Freelancing was a means to a end.

@Philip Marlowe @JAJT @Chitown @MJ DeMarco @Scot @Vigilante @G-Man @million$$$smile

Last edited:

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
Dude! You lost 50 lbs on 5 months!

10 lbs/month! CONGRATS! Anyone that does one meal a day has my attention. Incredible that you have persevered.

I think you are in THE process. Remember, MJ was driving customers in someone else's limo.

It is not the job that matters. It is the OPPORTUNITY in the job.

Once you seize on to the opportunity, your VISION will increase.

Find your opportunity-find your vision.

Following.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
I know it's not what you planned on but you went from 340 and broke to 290 and +20k in record time. That's epic by any standards.

Keep going, dude. You'll find traction on something. Losing all that weight and I know you've got more energy than you did a few months ago.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Dude! You lost 50 lbs on 5 months!

10 lbs/month! CONGRATS! Anyone that does one meal a day has my attention. Incredible that you have persevered.

I think you are in THE process. Remember, MJ was driving customers in someone else's limo.

It is not the job that matters. It is the OPPORTUNITY in the job.

Once you seize on to the opportunity, your VISION will increase.

Find your opportunity-find your vision.

Following.

What I have done with food is very basic. I'm sure I am missing a few key things. It is working out for me now. I'll go back to the drawing board, when i'm stuck.

I'm not counting calories either.

As I've told Chris... @LightHouse - My energy has gone through the roof. Not tired. No headaches. I am eating between 11 am - 2 pm. That is my window. The rest of the day. I drink water. Nothing else.

I really like the Hospital atmosphere. Not so negative like the other places I've worked at.

I know it's not what you planned on but you went from 340 and broke to 290 and +20k in record time. That's epic by any standards.

Keep going, dude. You'll find traction on something. Losing all that weight and I know you've got more energy than you did a few months ago.

Thanks man! They are really laid back on overtime. So, if I do manage to save that up, by the end of the year. I'll be stoked.

Philip Marlowe

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Apr 28, 2017
NE
Your progress is amazing. Not sure if you've had to buy new clothes yet but that's a great feeling and the new, tighter fitting clothes make you want to keep dropping pounds.

On the hospital (not that you asked), I'm a big proponent of enjoying a 9-5. I've said it here a dozen times that I love my job. I just know it's fragile and that eventually I want to work for myself. But in the mean time I'm enjoying it.

Working at a hospital can be very rewarding. I was an EMT years ago and loved it. The nurses can be a cynical bunch, but that's because they do most of the work for none of the pay. I'll probably get some heat for that...

Good luck!!!!!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Starting off with Health: I'm down 290 lbs. Still One Meal A Day (6oz fish, lots of veggies). No CARBS or Sugar (soda). Drinking plenty of water.

Exercising consists of walking, stretching + yoga and row machines. Haven't really hit the weights.

My father has been battling health issues for quite some time. Which has effected me with freelancing. Which has been nonexistent. I've pushed people away, basically. I think the reason why: I don't enjoy copywriting.

So, I quit.

I started working at our Hospital. I work in Materials Maintenance. Delivering equipment for OR, ED, etc...

Monday - Friday with the weekends off. 40 hours a week with benefits. $12.47 hour. With all the overtime I want.

So, with that in mind...

Working 40 hours of overtime per check (2 a month). That is $1,101.44 x 13 = $14,318.72 by the end of the year.

Working for the rest of my life for someone else isn't my goal or plan. But, freelancing hasn't gotten me nowhere near that amount of money.

Sure, I could finish out @Fox course. I didn't have much success with copywriting. Feels like i'm bouncing from one shiny object, to the next.

By working at the Hospital. I have access... meeting people from all walks of life. This, has opened me up quite a bit. Meeting new folks, etc...

By working overtime and saving from the regular paycheck. I'll have roughly $20k in the bank. And yes @LightHouse I have paid off my loan. So, I am debt free now.

So, maybe freelancing is done for me? I still want to open up the restaurant. Freelancing was a means to a end.

@Philip Marlowe @JAJT @Chitown @MJ DeMarco @Scot @Vigilante @G-Man @million$$$smile

Holy shit. I have to step it up or you are going to pass me on the way down down down.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

So, I quit.

So, with that in mind...

Epic! Really well done. Losing that amount of weight is life changing.

I've had jobs while I've reskilled and regrouped. I learned things I'd have never learned as a freelancer.
I also love meeting people every week. It keeps me grounded, and I see pain points and frustrations all the time.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.