The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm disappointed in education and the labor market(looking for help)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Mysterious

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Mar 13, 2017
Europe
Hello fellow fastlaneforum readers and busy entrepreneurs.

I first read Millionaire Fastlane 3 years ago and now I have finished my university degree in business, in best time
to enter the job market in my country and in the world (sarcasm). I have more than 1 years experience working in a job
to pay my bills while in university and 2 internships under my belt, which were underpaid and hit a dent in my savings.
For those 3 years while I was in university, I read a lot of posts in forum, I think I read too much. But most of the ideas are not for me
or are not possible in my country to realize.
I already can hear suggestions:
1)Programming? Not everyone can do it. I have tried and its not for me.
2)Just write a blog and make money from affiliates, adsense? Yeah, it might take years with no results and hosting costs which I cannot afford.
3)Every product idea from new products to already existing ones is not possible, I am broke. I have seen multiple ads on youtube about dropshipping.
Really? You can make 100k year, then why are you advertising this opportunity for me if you can make that money yourself?
4)Just go into trades. Yeah, in my country maybe they are paid a little bit better but not by much.
5) Some kind of online business like youtube channel or IG pages would interest me, because English speaking market is global and best paid, and it does not require upfront
investment or physical product, only time. I read some meme page company sold multiple pages for millions, which sounds crazy. I myself don't use social media much, only
see it as an business opportunity.

Enter 2020.
Best course of action of course is to build your business idea on the side while you work your day job.
But how can you get a day job when employers respond very late. Like you receive answer after 2 weeks, then you go through bunch of stupid tests, MAYBE you
get an interview and don't hear anything again. You can't even get a simple entry level shitty paid job.
What can I do right NOW to earn something like 300-400 euros (dollars?) trading time for money? Im surviving on less than that right now and I feel kinda suicidal right now, which sucks.
I feel really low that I have to literally beg people for jobs who are not even smarter than me. Well, they must be smarter because they have jobs.

Any help and criticism is appreciated.

P.S I have product based business ideas but they all require money. One is for sure, I see huge gap in my countries market but I need money to start.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

I first read Millionaire Fastlane 3 years ago and now I have finished my university degree in business, in best time
to enter the job market in my country and in the world (sarcasm). I have more than 1 years experience working in a job
to pay my bills while in university and 2 internships under my belt, which were underpaid and hit a dent in my savings.
For those 3 years while I was in university, I read a lot of posts in forum, I think I read too much. But most of the ideas are not for me
2)Just write a blog and make money from affiliates, adsense? Yeah, it might take years with no results and hosting costs which I cannot afford.
3)Every product idea from new products to already existing ones is not possible, I am broke. I have seen multiple ads on youtube about dropshipping.
Really? You can make 100k year, then why are you advertising this opportunity for me if you can make that money yourself?
4)Just go into trades. Yeah, in my country maybe they are paid a little bit better but not by much.
5) Some kind of online business like youtube channel or IG pages would interest me, because English speaking market is global and best paid, and it does not require upfront
investment or physical product, only time. I read some meme page company sold multiple pages for millions, which sounds crazy. I myself don't use social media much, only

Enter 2020.
Best course of action of course is to build your business idea on the side while you work your day job.
But how can you get a day job when employers respond very late. Like you receive answer after 2 weeks, then you go through bunch of stupid tests, MAYBE you
get an interview and don't hear anything again. You can't even get a simple entry level shitty paid job.
What can I do right NOW to earn something like 300-400 euros (dollars?) trading time for money? Im surviving on less than that right now and I feel kinda suicidal right now, which sucks.
I feel really low that I have to literally beg people for jobs who are not even smarter than me. Well, they must be smarter because they have jobs.

P.S I have product based business ideas but they all require money. One is for sure, I see huge gap in my countries market but I need money to start.

I can share the pain of job finding, and yes I like how you put it begging... lol, can't even recall how many hundreds of jobs I must of applied to and no dice, minimum wage loser jobs and no calls back or anything, anyways while it sucks you just need to keep getting out there.

Go in person ask to speak to management mentioning your looking for work and try try again, mess around with the resume and maybe even forge some fake crap to put on it and get a friend to pretend hes the owner of whatever made up company. Think outside the box!

You shouldn't need more than a few hundred dollars for most product start ups, it's possible to fund a business by pre-orders & mailing lists.. kickstarter could be one of them, I don't know what the others are.

Don't jump off the bridge just yet, enjoy the miserable feeling while it lasts, if you can learn how to dance in the rain and be happy in the worst of times you will end up enjoying the sunny days even more. Coming from someone that has been in the lowest of lows (like starving and sleeping on the street) Little side note, it's worked for me, read up on celebrity gossip. That crap always puts a smile on my face reading about millionaire actors or athletes that struggle with depression. Depression & suicidal thoughts are all about your mindset and how you interpret what is going on around you, using your situation as an example you can do 1 of 2 things.

Option 1: Play a victim and let your situation dictate how you feel, the hopelessness of not being to find even a crappy minimum wage job

Option 2: Laugh in the face of adversity and use it as motivation, I guess MJ calls it the FTE moment, when you get so fed up with life you use it as fuel.

Life is a bunch of bs and just a game to be played... play it to win, enjoy the ride and learn to love the sucky parts of it even. We all die in the end anyways, might aswell have fun with it (even if the ride sucks)

Also having no ego when it comes to looking for work is important, don't look past scrubbing toilets or mopping up floors, some money is better than no money and maybe in the meantime you could even pickup a service business idea, window washing...carpet cleaning...landscaping, something easy to get into to make a few bucks. I used to mow lawns at 20-30 bucks a pop so to answer the 400 euro question that's a bit over a dozen homes in a day which is pretty realistic actually.

Mysterious

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Mar 13, 2017
Europe
I can share the pain of job finding, and yes I like how you put it begging... lol, can't even recall how many hundreds of jobs I must of applied to and no dice, minimum wage loser jobs and no calls back or anything, anyways while it sucks you just need to keep getting out there.

Go in person ask to speak to management mentioning your looking for work and try try again, mess around with the resume and maybe even forge some fake crap to put on it and get a friend to pretend hes the owner of whatever made up company. Think outside the box!

You shouldn't need more than a few hundred dollars for most product start ups, it's possible to fund a business by pre-orders & mailing lists.. kickstarter could be one of them, I don't know what the others are.

Don't jump off the bridge just yet, enjoy the miserable feeling while it lasts, if you can learn how to dance in the rain and be happy in the worst of times you will end up enjoying the sunny days even more. Coming from someone that has been in the lowest of lows (like starving and sleeping on the street) Little side note, it's worked for me, read up on celebrity gossip. That crap always puts a smile on my face reading about millionaire actors or athletes that struggle with depression. Depression & suicidal thoughts are all about your mindset and how you interpret what is going on around you, using your situation as an example you can do 1 of 2 things.

Option 1: Play a victim and let your situation dictate how you feel, the hopelessness of not being to find even a crappy minimum wage job

Option 2: Laugh in the face of adversity and use it as motivation, I guess MJ calls it the FTE moment, when you get so fed up with life you use it as fuel.

Life is a bunch of bs and just a game to be played... play it to win, enjoy the ride and learn to love the sucky parts of it even. We all die in the end anyways, might aswell have fun with it (even if the ride sucks)

Also having no ego when it comes to looking for work is important, don't look past scrubbing toilets or mopping up floors, some money is better than no money and maybe in the meantime you could even pickup a service business idea, window washing...carpet cleaning...landscaping, something easy to get into to make a few bucks. I used to mow lawns at 20-30 bucks a pop so to answer the 400 euro question that's a bit over a dozen homes in a day which is pretty realistic actually.
1) I don't know the situation in Canada but as you can see, due to coronavirus I can't just that easily go into office and speak to some managers. I think this doesn't work in my country because nobody gives a shit.
2) Well, CV is bullshit. Motivation letter or cover letter or whatever you Canadians, Americans use is the stuff. I mean of course I maybe "imagine" some responsibilites I did, but I cannot lie, because in the end when I have to do the job, it shows. Yeah, looks like I rather jump off the bridge than lie.
3) Yeah, I don't have an ego when looking for work. I applied to some jobs which are "below" me. No answer. Well, here nobody pays for cleaning their house. Only businesses pay, but the thing is, I cannot get "part time", you can only get full time jobs. When you start a job like this, its basically game over.
But thank you for your time writing this. I would need something right now, rather than try kickstarter.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
1) I don't know the situation in Canada but as you can see, due to coronavirus I can't just that easily go into office and speak to some managers. I think this doesn't work in my country because nobody gives a shit.
2) Well, CV is bullshit. Motivation letter or cover letter or whatever you Canadians, Americans use is the stuff. I mean of course I maybe "imagine" some responsibilites I did, but I cannot lie, because in the end when I have to do the job, it shows. Yeah, looks like I rather jump off the bridge than lie.
3) Yeah, I don't have an ego when looking for work. I applied to some jobs which are "below" me. No answer. Well, here nobody pays for cleaning their house. Only businesses pay, but the thing is, I cannot get "part time", you can only get full time jobs. When you start a job like this, its basically game over.
But thank you for your time writing this. I would need something right now, rather than try kickstarter.

And what is wrong with a fulltime job?

Mysterious

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Mar 13, 2017
Europe
How do we know? You neglected to mention what country you live in.
In any case, you've read the forum for three years & nothing floats your boat.
You expect someone to offer you some magical solution that's never been mentioned here before?

First step is stop feeling pity for yourself & start with a positive outlook.
Well, not for years. In first year I read a lot of threads but nothing helps for my position. Its rather hard when you work night shifts to sustain yourself and then you go to university lectures.
Country is not important. All I can tell you is this, 300-400 euros for me right now would be poverty wage which I can survive.
Its very hard to have positive outlook for multiple months when you don't even hear back from employers.
I am not looking for magical pill, just I can't read all the posts. I would do customer service job or data entry, or anything. Anyway, thank you for writing, I will try to feed myself with positive outlook.

Mysterious

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Mar 13, 2017
Europe
And what is wrong with a fulltime job?
There is nothing wrong. Your suggested cleaning jobs, I cannot take this kind of job, because then it is game over for my resume and life in general. I have applied for low level data entry jobs and customer service jobs with low pay, no responses or some bullshit multiple tests and then no answer.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
There is nothing wrong. Your suggested cleaning jobs, I cannot take this kind of job, because then it is game over for my resume and life in general. I have applied for low level data entry jobs and customer service jobs with low pay, no responses or some bullshit multiple tests and then no answer.

So you are above a cleaning job?

Ah... you will go far kiddo, good luck, you'll need it!

Mysterious

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Mar 13, 2017
Europe
So you are above a cleaning job?

Ah... you will go far kiddo, good luck, you'll need it!
No, you maybe misunderstood me. I will do any job, but there is usually no part time jobs. I still continue to apply to jobs, but if I have a full time job, I cannot even then get to interviews. Even when there is "part time" job, it is trades related.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I cannot take this kind of job, because then it is game over for my resume and life in general

this is what you said... and even if you get a fulltime job why would you bother going to interviews???? makes no sense

Mysterious

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Mar 13, 2017
Europe
I cannot take this kind of job, because then it is game over for my resume and life in general

this is what you said... and even if you get a fulltime job why would you bother going to interviews???? makes no sense
I mean, isn't taking any job as a means to and end to sustain yourself while you are looking for something better?
Why would I bother? Because I am not ready to give up 4 years of studying to just do cleaning full time. IF I HAD TODAY, cleaning job part time. I would take it instantly. As you said in your first post, I have not given up yet, but I am pretty close. I look for jobs every day. I send my CVs, but at some point money will run out and so will my will to live.
I am sorry you feel disappointed in me.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I mean, isn't taking any job as a means to and end to sustain yourself while you are looking for something better?
Why would I bother? Because I am not ready to give up 4 years of studying to just do cleaning full time. IF I HAD TODAY, cleaning job part time. I would take it instantly. As you said in your first post, I have not given up yet, but I am pretty close. I look for jobs every day. I send my CVs, but at some point money will run out and so will my will to live.
I am sorry you feel disappointed in me.

You can use your degrees as toilet paper, drop the ego and suck it up buttercup. Your not above a min wage cleaning job, take the money and invest it into a business. Pretty much any product biz can be started with less than a grand or two which is like a few weeks pay

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Hello and first of all Thank God for life and stay positive in life. Ive been down and broke and I didnt have the money to fuel my car and I slept in it. But something magical happened in my life. I found a meditation course that was the best and after I took the course my life changed. My first business made $75000 and I am so grateful so if you want to take action now Email me @hunnonyt@gmail.com
Its not free but its affordable signing off for now.

lol get that shit out of here.

Mysterious

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Mar 13, 2017
Europe
You can use your degrees as toilet paper, drop the ego and suck it up buttercup. Your not above a min wage cleaning job, take the money and invest it into a business. Pretty much any product biz can be started with less than a grand or two which is like a few weeks pay
If I take the cleaning job full time, there is no money left for anything. Thats like below 300 euros. I would love to take a cleaning job in North America, where you can save few hundred bucks as disposable income. Good luck in other parts of the world. Saving grand for a few weeks pay? You are oligarch if you can do that.

EDIT: While I was writing this, I received in my inbox an email that one of the jobs received my application for job. They might take even up to 10 days to decide whether or not to call me. Well at least something positive, even for a job with no education requirements.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

sign me up. im in

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
If I take the cleaning job full time, there is no money left for anything. Thats like below 300 euros. I would love to take a cleaning job in North America, where you can save few hundred bucks as disposable income. Good luck in other parts of the world. Saving grand for a few weeks pay? You are oligarch if you can do that.

Stop making excuses. Don't make even one single more excuse.

DO NOT MAKE ANOTHER EXCUSE.

Pick any path to money and say nothing unless the words that come from your fingers are "What is the first step to make this happen?"

Do not reply to this message.

Stop making f*cking excuses, pick a path, get shit done.

You have to figure it out. Use your brain.

Nobody cares if you don't have money, your country sucks, and your opportunities are limited.

Nobody cares about your feelings.

Nobody is going to make this happen for you and you can say you already know that too, but that isn't going to change anything either.

You can wallow in your feelings or you can choose to feel different. It is a choice and every time you choose to reply to this thread with reasons why you "can't" or why things "won't" work, you make the choice to live a miserable, pathetic life.

If you choose that life, then that is the life you will have. When you choose a different life, you might get it and you might not. As long as you're here posting about your feelings, you definitely won't.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
I think you have some serious misconceptions on playing the “career games”.

I had an Economics major. The only big difference you could have made is to have an investment banking internship before your graduate. If you don’t that’s gone. No one cared if you ever did cleaning full time.

Your next bet is to park your names under a self-employed financial sales distributor but barely selling, completing 3 levels of CFA while “clocking the hours in financial industry”. Again it is not about whether you Ever did cleaning full time. It is about the certifications.

My point is if you do not get a “Very good job” immediately, you wont get them by not working. They always look at fresh graduate or people with same experience. So logically you can never get them. 1000 application for one position. Why bother look at the rest?

So if you are not aiming for “very good job”. The rest of the ordinary jobs are not going to fault you for doing cleaning full time during a covid crisis to put food on the table.

And you cant have it both ways. Do you want to be a senior manager at age 40 in a “respectable” big name company or retired from your own business/hustle by then? Totally two different ways of playing.

Niko190

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
May 7, 2017
Poland
Witajcie, czytelnicy fastlaneforum i zapracowani przedsiębiorcy.

Po raz pierwszy przeczytałem Millionaire Fastlane 3 lata temu, a teraz w najlepszym momencie ukończyłem studia w biznesie
wejść na rynek pracy w moim kraju i na świecie (sarkazm). Mam ponad 1 rok doświadczenia w pracy zawodowej
płacić rachunki na uniwersytecie i dwa staże za moim pasem, które były niedopłacone i wpłynęły na moje oszczędności.
Przez te 3 lata, kiedy byłem na uniwersytecie, czytałem wiele postów na forum, myślę, że czytam za dużo. Ale większość pomysłów nie jest dla mnie
lub nie są możliwe do zrealizowania w moim kraju.
Już słyszę sugestie:
1) Programowanie? Nie każdy może to zrobić. Próbowałem i to nie dla mnie.
2) Wystarczy napisać bloga i zarabiać na partnerach, Adsense? Tak, może to zająć lata bez wyników i kosztów hostingu, na które mnie nie stać.
3) Każdy pomysł na produkt od nowych produktów do już istniejących nie jest możliwy, jestem spłukany. Widziałem wiele reklam na youtube dotyczących dropshippingu.
Naprawdę? Możesz zarobić 100 tysięcy rocznie, więc po co reklamujesz mi tę szansę, skoro sam możesz zarobić te pieniądze?
4) Po prostu przejdź do transakcji. Tak, w moim kraju może trochę lepiej zarabiają, ale niewiele.
5) Interesuje mnie jakiś rodzaj biznesu online, taki jak kanał youtube lub strony IG, ponieważ rynek anglojęzyczny jest globalny i najlepiej płatny i nie wymaga z góry
inwestycja lub produkt fizyczny, tylko czas. Czytałem, że pewna firma zajmująca się stronami memów sprzedała wiele stron za miliony, co brzmi szalenie. Ja sam rzadko korzystam z mediów społecznościowych, tylko
postrzegaj to jako okazję biznesową.

Wejdź na rok 2020.
Oczywiście najlepszym sposobem działania jest rozwijanie pomysłu na biznes podczas codziennej pracy.
Ale jak znaleźć pracę na dzień, skoro pracodawcy odpowiadają bardzo późno. Tak jakbyś otrzymywał odpowiedź po 2 tygodniach, a potem przechodzisz przez kilka głupich testów, MOŻE ty
dostać wywiad i nic więcej nie słyszeć. Nie możesz nawet dostać prostej, gównianej płatnej pracy na poziomie podstawowym.
Co mogę zrobić TERAZ, aby zarobić około 300-400 euro (dolarów?) Na wymianę pieniędzy? Teraz żyję na mniej niż to, a teraz mam skłonności samobójcze , co jest do bani.
Czuję się naprawdę słabo, że muszę dosłownie błagać ludzi o pracę, która nie jest nawet mądrzejsza ode mnie. Cóż, muszą być mądrzejsi, bo mają pracę.

Każda pomoc i krytyka są mile widziane.

PS Mam pomysły biznesowe oparte na produktach, ale wszystkie wymagają pieniędzy. Jedno jest pewne, widzę ogromną lukę na rynku moich krajów, ale na start potrzebuję pieniędzy.
Hi buddy, you are not so bad, you are healthy you have education, so you have everything that I do not have I am a hearing impaired person I am depressed but I managed to find a job in my country I work for a minimum wage which is ridiculously low in my country but lives below the cost and I try to save 40% of my paycheck on starting the business on the side, so head up, believe me, you don't even know how lucky it is to hear.

Enter 2020.

Hi buddy, you are not so bad, you are healthy you have education, so you have everything that I do not have I am a hearing impaired person I am depressed but I managed to find a job in my country I work for a minimum wage which is ridiculously low in my country but lives below the cost and I try to save 40% of my paycheck on starting the business on the side, so head up, believe me, you don't even know how lucky it is to hear.

Niko190

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
May 7, 2017
Poland

Enter 2020.

Mysterious

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Mar 13, 2017
Europe
I think you have some serious misconceptions on playing the “career games”.

I had an Economics major. The only big difference you could have made is to have an investment banking internship before your graduate. If you don’t that’s gone. No one cared if you ever did cleaning full time.

Your next bet is to park your names under a self-employed financial sales distributor but barely selling, completing 3 levels of CFA while “clocking the hours in financial industry”. Again it is not about whether you Ever did cleaning full time. It is about the certifications.

My point is if you do not get a “Very good job” immediately, you wont get them by not working. They always look at fresh graduate or people with same experience. So logically you can never get them. 1000 application for one position. Why bother look at the rest?

So if you are not aiming for “very good job”. The rest of the ordinary jobs are not going to fault you for doing cleaning full time during a covid crisis to put food on the table.

And you cant have it both ways. Do you want to be a senior manager at age 40 in a “respectable” big name company or retired from your own business/hustle by then? Totally two different ways of playing.
That is what I am already doing. I am applying to jobs which are not "very good" jobs but still somewhat relevant to my education. There is no such thing as "investment banking" in my country and demand for CFA is very low, I don't see very often this requirement.
I agree, I can't have it both ways. Of course everyone on this forum is trying to build a business and be their own boss, but first step is getting a job. I have no aspirations for "corporate ladder" in my country because either nepotism wins or how many years have you worked.

I appreciate your input and time. Everyone else was a bit too rough in last messages but I am doing what I can right now.

Mysterious

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Mar 13, 2017
Europe
Hello! Thank you for sharing your story. This truly brings different perspective. I have hearing, eyesight and "mostly" healthy body. Of course I have some limitations which physical jobs I can do due to health, but I can do many.
I feel embarrassed that somebody with hearing problems can get a job and not me. This is going to motivate me even more.
One of the options for those who live close to Germany, is to get a job there. Maybe its an option for you?
This will be my last resort if I don't find a job in my country.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
That is what I am already doing. I am applying to jobs which are not "very good" jobs but still somewhat relevant to my education. There is no such thing as "investment banking" in my country and demand for CFA is very low, I don't see very often this requirement.
I agree, I can't have it both ways. Of course everyone on this forum is trying to build a business and be their own boss, but first step is getting a job. I have no aspirations for "corporate ladder" in my country because either nepotism wins or how many years have you worked.

I appreciate your input and time. Everyone else was a bit too rough in last messages but I am doing what I can right now.
In my country there is grab delivery when you can ride a bicycle and make 2k a month. I am not sure if there option is available elsewhere. Basically it is the south east asian version of uber eat.

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
I was deciding whether or not to post this because I can't bear to hear another "I can't" in this thread. But I will anyways in case someone else might find value in it.

Your biggest problem is not your country, your resume, the jobs you apply to, or the imaginary hiring managers who are holding you back. You are your own biggest obstacle and it shines through in every post you've made in this thread. You really need to come at this with an open mind, a "can do" attitude, and you have to find a way to lead with value.

If your long game is the fastlane, why are you worried about what a simple job like being a cleaner will do to your resume? Did MJ care about how he might be perceived in the future when he was a limo driver? You said you have product-based business ideas but in the same breath you say you won't get a job to support those ideas.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_58zPgArb4

You need a foundational job or you need to offer a specialized skill/labor. It's really that simple. Luckily, specialized skills are really easy to come by online and the bar is low. Copywriting. Wordpress. Web design. Programming. These are the things you literally anyone can do with a laptop and internet connection and earn thousands of dollars extra per month. Within even a month you could skip over the foundational job phase completely and work for yourself offering any of these services.

It's time to take action. Stop wallowing, stop typing on the forum, finding excuses, saying you can't. Start. Taking. Action. Want to make money today? What value can you offer a small business owner that you can call after finding his phone number on his website, to help him make more money as well? What if you had 1 month to develop a specific skill to help this small business owner? What could you learn and teach yourself so that guy would be begging you to take his $500 so you could help him out. Maybe he need leads, or ads ran to his landing page, maybe he needs a landing page, or maybe he needs a brand new website. Maybe he needs you to make 20 calls per day for him. Maybe he wants to start creating weekly Facebook posts that coincide with his new blog posts in order to generate organic traffic from his social media page to his website. Or maybe his damn calendar is just too busy and he needs someone to clean it up for him and keep him on track.

It's time for you to decide what value you can offer today, and if you can't offer value today, what could you do with all of this free time you have so that you can offer value in 30 days?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
I was deciding whether or not to post this because I can't bear to hear another "I can't" in this thread. But I will anyways in case someone else might find value in it.

Your biggest problem is not your country, your resume, the jobs you apply to, or the imaginary hiring managers who are holding you back. You are your own biggest obstacle and it shines through in every post you've made in this thread. You really need to come at this with an open mind, a "can do" attitude, and you have to find a way to lead with value.

If your long game is the fastlane, why are you worried about what a simple job like being a cleaner will do to your resume? Did MJ care about how he might be perceived in the future when he was a limo driver? You said you have product-based business ideas but in the same breath you say you won't get a job to support those ideas.

You need a foundational job or you need to offer a specialized skill/labor. It's really that simple. Luckily, specialized skills are really easy to come by online and the bar is low. Copywriting. Wordpress. Web design. Programming. These are the things you literally anyone can do with a laptop and internet connection and earn thousands of dollars extra per month. Within even a month you could skip over the foundational job phase completely and work for yourself offering any of these services.

It's time to take action. Stop wallowing, stop typing on the forum, finding excuses, saying you can't. Start. Taking. Action. Want to make money today? What value can you offer a small business owner that you can call after finding his phone number on his website, to help him make more money as well? What if you had 1 month to develop a specific skill to help this small business owner? What could you learn and teach yourself so that guy would be begging you to take his $500 so you could help him out. Maybe he need leads, or ads ran to his landing page, maybe he needs a landing page, or maybe he needs a brand new website. Maybe he needs you to make 20 calls per day for him. Maybe he wants to start creating weekly Facebook posts that coincide with his new blog posts in order to generate organic traffic from his social media page to his website. Or maybe his damn calendar is just too busy and he needs someone to clean it up for him and keep him on track.

It's time for you to decide what value you can offer today, and if you can't offer value today, what could you do with all of this free time you have so that you can offer value in 30 days?
Survive-Specialise-Scale.

Look forward to MJ’s next book.

Mysterious

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Mar 13, 2017
Europe

Really appreciate your input and time. It gives me ideas about landing pages which I've never done. I just look at people in job sites searching for work. Many trades people are looking for work, but they have no internet presence. I read somewhere in this forum I can't remember where, when somebody built simple websites and forwarded calls to professionals and collected 10%. I will consider this as possibility when I get a job, because I don't have money for even a simple website, but the time constraint is that I couldn't be on phone all day.

Probably in next 30 days I will look for a possibility to do any simple job on fiverr or something similar, because nobody in my country is gonna pay 500 dollars for landing page. Also continuing job search.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Probably in next 30 days I will look for a possibility to do any simple job on fiverr or something similar, because nobody in my country is gonna pay 500 dollars for landing page. Also continuing job search.

Nobody is going to pay you anything because until you change the way you think, they're going to see right through you and they're not going to buy things from you. Employers won't hire you. People on Fiverr won't spend $5 with you.

Nobody wants to work with or buy from someone who has an excuse for everything. It's hard to work on your mind when you are losing, but the alternative is to be a loser. Since the tools to work on your mind are free online, including on this forum, you have no excuse not to do it.

What if instead of giving more excuses you decide to own your shit. Take ownership of your life. There are step-by-step instructions all over this forum for how to make money from nothing. Find them. Pick a path. Do the hard work. Stop making excuses. Stop being a loser.

My prediction is that in 30 days you will still be posting here about how you don't have any money, can't get a job, nobody will hire you on fiverr, and even the government is mean and won't give you welfare.

Your posts make it clear that you do not want to do anything that might make you uncomfortable. You aren't willing to commit to a path and do the hard work. You even half-a$$ your suicidal thoughts. But until you get uncomfortable, this miserable life pattern will continue for you.

How long will you accept mediocrity before it consumes you? Are you really okay living life a coward?

Until you win the battle for your own thoughts, you will continue to lose in all areas of life.

Last edited:

Ronak

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Sep 13, 2013
It's not your fault. But, it's your responsibility.

Would you rather be right...or would you rather make progress?

There is HOPE.
There is HELP.
And, most importantly, YOU ARE WORTH IT!

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
What can I do right NOW to earn something like 300-400 euros (dollars?) trading time for money?

Probably in next 30 days I will look for a possibility to do any simple job on fiverr or something similar

What happened to the passion you had in your first post? You went from wanting to make $400 NOW to "possibly signing up for Fiverr in 30 days". You are in a chasing money mindset. You need to make the shift to providing value.

And you need to take action today. And tomorrow. Otherwise I'm with Lex on this one. 30 days are going to fly by and you're going to be no better off than when you made this post. You posted this on Monday, it's now Wednesday and not only are you no better off but your fire has diminished. You have to do something with the information you are given.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
After a couple of posts I couldn't read any more.

This dude's got an attitude problem.

Keep looking for reasons to be negative, you'll always find one.

You could literally go start cleaning gutters with a car and a ladder for $1,000 a DAY. Ask @GravyBoat

Instead this dude just wants to bitch about how hard life is.

Nobody feels bad for you.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
After a couple of posts I couldn't read any more.

This dude's got an attitude problem.

Keep looking for reasons to be negative, you'll always find one.

You could literally go start cleaning gutters with a car and a ladder for $1,000 a DAY. Ask @GravyBoat

Instead this dude just wants to bitch about how hard life is.

Nobody feels bad for you.

I saw someone on NextDoor asking for referrals about this exact service yesterday.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.