The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How To Get Thousands of Instagram Followers in a Matter of Weeks!

G

GuestUser156

There has been a lot of talk about Instagram on the forum lately. I have never been involved with social media marketing, but I decided to give it a try. It's free traffic, so what the heck.

I have managed to get 641 followers in just 7 days without paying a dollar, so I must be doing something right. I have experienced with a lot of things, and I believe, that I have now found the perfect (free) setup to maximize growth, while minimizing the work involved.

119pb0i.png

Without further ado, I present you the step-by-step guide to getting followers on Instagram:

1) Choose your niche. I chose an expensive outdoor hobby, but it's totally up to you.

2) Create your account, give it a good general name like "footballphotos", "footballdaily", "lovefootball" etc.

3) Download the app called "Get Followers" on the App Store. It's an app where you follow people to get followers. The goal is to get around 50 followers. You just need some traction to get started. Most of them will unfollow you within a week or so, but that's perfectly fine. Once you have 50 followers, go on and unfollow everyone again.

3) Go to http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/yourniche and find around 12 photos you like (I'm not sure about the copyright aspect of this). Download them and upload them all to your Instagram account. Remember to use niche specific hashtags.

4) Download Firefox (it works best) and download the extension called iMacros. Go to www.websta.me and log into your account. Open up iMacros and upload this script:

SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
REFRESH
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:Like
WAIT SECONDS=28
TAG POS=2 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:Like
WAIT SECONDS=28
TAG POS=3 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:Like
WAIT SECONDS=28
TAG POS=4 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:Like
WAIT SECONDS=28
TAG POS=5 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:Like
WAIT SECONDS=28
TAG POS=6 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:Like
WAIT SECONDS=28
TAG POS=7 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:Like
WAIT SECONDS=28
TAG POS=8 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:Like
WAIT SECONDS=28
TAG POS=9 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:Like
WAIT SECONDS=28
TAG POS=10 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=TXT:Like
WAIT SECONDS=28
URL GOTO=http://websta.me/tag/hashtag1/
WAIT SECONDS=28
WAIT SECONDS=28
WAIT SECONDS=28
WAIT SECONDS=28
WAIT SECONDS=28
WAIT SECONDS=28
WAIT SECONDS=28
WAIT SECONDS=28
WAIT SECONDS=28
WAIT SECONDS=28
URL GOTO=http://websta.me/tag/hashtag2/

I have been experimenting a lot with this, and this one works well. You will need to enter a hashtag where it says "hashtag1" and another one where it says "hashtag2". These two cannot be the same! This will keep the script switching between the hashtags and constantly liking the newest photos. 28 seconds is the absolute limit to avoid getting banned by Instagram, so don't edit this.

5) Go to the settings on your computer and turn off the screensaver, sleep function etc. so your computer will stay awake. If you have a laptop, remember to plug the charger in.

6) When you're not at the computer, open Firefox, go to www.websta.me/tag/yourniche and open iMacros, find your script, press "Play (Loop)" and enter "100" or something like that. This will prevent the script from ending.

7) Go to sleep or whatever, wake up with likes and new followers.

Remember to post photos once or twice a day, at least in the beginning.

When you get to +400 followers or something, create a new Gmail account for your Instagram and put this in your description: "Submit your photos: yourinstagram@gmail.com". People will start to send you their photos, so you don't have to do the work.

8) Download IFTTT on your smartphone and set up a recipe, where it sends an e-mail to your private e-mail, every time an e-mail goes to your Instagram e-mail. By doing this, you will not have to check your Instagram's e-mail at all.

9) Keep doing this until you hit your desired amount of followers.
This could be done with multiple accounts at once, but that's not something I'm doing yet.

You could also direct message accounts in your niche, and ask to do a shoutout for each other, and get a lot of exposure very easily.

I'm looking forward to reaching a few thousand followers, and start to monetize on this. If you're interested, I'll post again, when I get there.

Please post any questions you might have, and feel free to share your thoughts on this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:
G

GuestUser156

instagress.com
It's 10 bucks a month. I'll probably outsource the whole thing to something like instagress, when I have revenue. I wrote this to give a general guide on how to get free followers for those who would use the 10 bucks as an excuse not to get started.

TJPB

Defy Ordinary
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 9, 2012
Colorado
It's 10 bucks a month. I'll probably outsource the whole thing to something like instagress, when I have revenue. I wrote this to give a general guide on how to get free followers for those who would use the 10 bucks as an excuse not to get started.

Yep...just adding it as an option.

themaxx

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 14, 2014
London, UK
How engaged are these followers? Are they going to care about you or what you post? Or are you simply trying to get a large number of followers because it sounds cool?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
How engaged are these followers?

The initial ones are worthless but the ones that come later via the tagging and target photos are legit. The initial followers are just get the account rolling. And yes, Instagress does something similar for a few dollars.

Thanks for the post!

MarkNNelson

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 12, 2013
Colorado
3) Download the app called "Get Followers" on the App Store. It's an app where you follow people to get followers. The goal is to get around 50 followers. You just need some traction to get started. Most of them will unfollow you within a week or so, but that's perfectly fine. Once you have 50 followers, go on and unfollow everyone again.

Why are you unfollowing everyone once you get your seed 50? Is it just to avoid cluttering your feed, or is there more to it?

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
OMG instagram is a bitch to use!

Mobile only?

So I gotta save pics that i want to upload then go into the app and select them? Wish there was a desktop version

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Mobile only?
So I gotta save pics that i want to upload then go into the app and select them? Wish there was a desktop version

Yeah this is one of the reasons I guess I never "got" IG, lol.. But it is too big now to ignore for business purposes, so methods like the one posted here is awesome. +$rep

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

Mobile only?

It takes a little to get used to. Much easier if you're using a tablet IMO. You'll soon have a nice little system down. The fact that the uploading of photos is restricted to mobile is now one of the things I love about IG. (My most recent post on the Social Media Resources thread on the Inside lists all the tools/apps I use for IG.)

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
yeah mobile only is annoying but im getting used to it now, gonna try build up some followers in the hotel niche

So I can find cool pics about hotels, hotelrooms, hotel breakfasts etc and post them on instagram and tag the hotels in the comments?

Derekz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 26, 2014
Yes Instagram is a great platform for business & personal branding yet most doesn't realize it's potential and usefulness. I've started monetizing Instagram last month and my profit already exceeded 4 digit. 10 days ago my Instagram was over 160k (check my previous thread) and now has over 180,000 followers. It's all about creativity and being unique.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Yes Instagram is a great platform for business & personal branding yet most doesn't realize it's potential and usefulness. I've started monetizing Instagram last month and my profit already exceeded 4 digit. 10 days ago my Instagram was over 160k (check my previous thread) and now has over 180,000 followers. It's all about creativity and being unique.

What niche your following?

G

GuestUser156

Why are you unfollowing everyone once you get your seed 50? Is it just to avoid cluttering your feed, or is there more to it?
They are just random people, who are not in your niche. Keep them if you want to, but remember to keep a high followers to following ratio.

yeah mobile only is annoying but im getting used to it now, gonna try build up some followers in the hotel niche

So I can find cool pics about hotels, hotelrooms, hotel breakfasts etc and post them on instagram and tag the hotels in the comments?

Yes, you could do that! I don't know would you would plan to monetize it, though ... Maybe you could sell leads to hotels? Hmmm... and remember to hashtag the city as well.

JackWood

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 27, 2014
Just started to give this a go. I chose a niche with an end goal in mind of being able to easily monetize. Has been fun playing around with it, and I am running imacros tonight. Was super easy to get the first 50 or so through get followers. Great post!

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
They are just random people, who are not in your niche. Keep them if you want to, but remember to keep a high followers to following ratio.

Yes, you could do that! I don't know would you would plan to monetize it, though ... Maybe you could sell leads to hotels? Hmmm... and remember to hashtag the city as well.

I don't need to monetise it, it will just be useful for something one day. I got my wife onto it now and shes doing a way better job than me.

Kubson

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 6, 2014
I have a small problem with your method. My niche hashtag is 3-letter one and websta.me doesn't return proper results for such short one. Any idea for alternative?

TJPB

Defy Ordinary
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 9, 2012
Colorado
What I've found is if you have a product/brand that people want to be associated with, followers on Instagram come easily. And these followers are ALL your target market. My account grows at about 30 a day, with very little work on my part. Almost every new follower leaves a comment here and there.

I am using Instagress but most of my followers are via word of mouth or by others seeing hashtags and following who their friends follow. I'll probably discontinue Instagress at the end of my 30 day period.

Soulipsyz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Nov 21, 2012

Mobile only?

You can use Gramblr to upload photos to your account from your PC, but they have to be 650x650 if I remember correctly.

G

GuestUser156

I have a small problem with your method. My niche hashtag is 3-letter one and websta.me doesn't return proper results for such short one. Any idea for alternative?
If you google your niche + "tagsforlikes", you should get some ideas to go with.

JackWood

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 27, 2014
Just an update on my test so far with this method. I have set up 2 individual accounts in different niches. Both have around 120 followers within 1-2 days with the average likes on each photo of about 30-40 so I am getting awesome interaction. 1 photo has even gotten around 150 likes. The numbers are increasing at a more rapid pace now. Definitely working!

Tyler K

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jul 25, 2014
United States
This is a good way to build up a base but it takes a long time plus a lot of them will unfollow you in the end. Although it's a pretty good way to build a following if you're desperate.

leonbenj

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Apr 11, 2013
Montreal, Can
Ever noticed how some Instagram accounts don't "like" your pics but comment on them?

Well that happened a lot to my personal account and I thought something was off..
They were cool to comment but uncool to not "like". You know what I mean? Wouldn't it be more clever to like the pic also? Well, the modified code below does this for you. How nice right? As you know, comments are more personal than "likes". I got way more followers manually doing so than liking ppl's pics. So I thought I would integrate that in the code given by @BITS.

Here's the list of things I adjusted in this new updated code below:
  1. Integrated comments associated with the pics that are liked.
  2. I noticed the likes were skipping and not correlating to the comments somehow when you write the same position number. I fixed that so the code likes and comments every OTHER pic on the loaded page.
  3. I also upped the interval to 80sec to be safe with Instagram's comment constraints (which is apparently 60 comments per minute) (You don't want your account banned for a few extra followers do you?) Change this as you will.
NOTE: You gotta change up the "CONTENT="..."" for comments. Make it as personal to your niche as possible. As you'll see in the code, when you don't use quotations, you have to replace the spaces with <SP> . When you quote text " " you don't need to.

Hope this helps to add a more "personal" feel to your Instagram hunt for followers. Have fun!

Code:
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
REFRESH
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=CLASS:"form-control" CONTENT=blabla<SP>blabla
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=NAME:submit
WAIT SECONDS=80
TAG POS=3 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=CLASS:"form-control" CONTENT=Good
TAG POS=3 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=NAME:submit
WAIT SECONDS=80
TAG POS=5 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=CLASS:"form-control" CONTENT=Awesome!
TAG POS=5 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=NAME:submit
WAIT SECONDS=80
TAG POS=7 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=CLASS:"form-control" CONTENT=Blabla
TAG POS=7 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=NAME:submit
WAIT SECONDS=80
TAG POS=9 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=CLASS:"form-control" CONTENT="Swaggg"
TAG POS=9 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=NAME:submit
WAIT SECONDS=80
TAG POS=11 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=CLASS:"form-control" CONTENT=Yes
TAG POS=11 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=NAME:submit
WAIT SECONDS=80
TAG POS=13 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=CLASS:"form-control" CONTENT=Great<SP>buddy
TAG POS=13 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=NAME:submit
WAIT SECONDS=80
TAG POS=15 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=CLASS:"form-control" CONTENT=#cool
TAG POS=15 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=NAME:submit
WAIT SECONDS=80
TAG POS=17 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=CLASS:"form-control" CONTENT=Excellent!
TAG POS=17 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=NAME:submit
WAIT SECONDS=80
TAG POS=19 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=CLASS:"form-control" CONTENT=Awesome
TAG POS=19 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=NAME:submit
WAIT SECONDS=80
URL GOTO=http://websta.me/tag/YOURNICHEHASHTAG1
WAIT SECONDS=80
TAG POS=3 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=CLASS:"form-control" CONTENT=Yeaa<SP>buddy!
TAG POS=3 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=NAME:submit
WAIT SECONDS=80
TAG POS=5 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=CLASS:"form-control" CONTENT=Nice
TAG POS=5 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=NAME:submit
WAIT SECONDS=80
TAG POS=7 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=CLASS:"form-control" CONTENT=#sweet
TAG POS=7 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=NAME:submit
WAIT SECONDS=80
TAG POS=9 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=CLASS:"form-control" CONTENT=#awesome
TAG POS=9 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=NAME:submit
WAIT SECONDS=80
TAG POS=11 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=CLASS:"form-control" CONTENT=#sexy
TAG POS=11 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=NAME:submit
WAIT SECONDS=80
TAG POS=13 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=CLASS:"form-control" CONTENT=#life
TAG POS=13 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=NAME:submit
WAIT SECONDS=80
TAG POS=15 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=CLASS:"form-control" CONTENT=Love<SP>your<SP>page
TAG POS=15 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=NAME:submit
WAIT SECONDS=80
TAG POS=17 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=CLASS:"form-control" CONTENT=Excellent,<SP>love<SP>this
TAG POS=17 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=NAME:submit
WAIT SECONDS=80
TAG POS=19 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=CLASS:"form-control" CONTENT=I<SP>like!<SP>:)
TAG POS=19 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/api/comments ATTR=NAME:submit
WAIT SECONDS=80
URL GOTO=http://websta.me/tag/YOURNICHEHASHTAG2

Dicky Dee

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
May 25, 2014
anyone who has used instagress, have you ever been banned for using this or the codes in this thread? Also is it safe to give instagress your pw?

SCC

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Aug 25, 2013
New Zealand
There has been a lot of talk about Instagram on the forum lately. I have never been involved with social media marketing, but I decided to give it a try. It's free traffic, so what the heck.

I have managed to get 641 followers in just 7 days without paying a dollar, so I must be doing something right. I have experienced with a lot of things, and I believe, that I have now found the perfect (free) setup to maximize growth, while minimizing the work involved.

119pb0i.png

Without further ado, I present you the step-by-step guide to getting followers on Instagram:

1) Choose your niche. I chose an expensive outdoor hobby, but it's totally up to you.

2) Create your account, give it a good general name like "footballphotos", "footballdaily", "lovefootball" etc.

3) Go to http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/yourniche and find around 12 photos you like (I'm not sure about the copyright aspect of this). Download them and upload them all to your Instagram account. Remember to use niche specific hashtags.

4) Download Firefox (it works best) and download the extension called iMacros. Go to www.websta.me and log into your account. Open up iMacros and upload this script:

I have been experimenting a lot with this, and this one works well. You will need to enter a hashtag where it says "hashtag1" and another one where it says "hashtag2". These two cannot be the same! This will keep the script switching between the hashtags and constantly liking the newest photos. 28 seconds is the absolute limit to avoid getting banned by Instagram, so don't edit this.

5) Go to the settings on your computer and turn off the screensaver, sleep function etc. so your computer will stay awake. If you have a laptop, remember to plug the charger in.

6) When you're not at the computer, open Firefox, go to www.websta.me/tag/yourniche and open iMacros, find your script, press "Play (Loop)" and enter "100" or something like that. This will prevent the script from ending.

7) Go to sleep or whatever, wake up with likes and new followers.

Remember to post photos once or twice a day, at least in the beginning.

When you get to +400 followers or something, create a new Gmail account for your Instagram and put this in your description: "Submit your photos: yourinstagram@gmail.com". People will start to send you their photos, so you don't have to do the work.

8) Download IFTTT on your smartphone and set up a recipe, where it sends an e-mail to your private e-mail, every time an e-mail goes to your Instagram e-mail. By doing this, you will not have to check your Instagram's e-mail at all.

9) Keep doing this until you hit your desired amount of followers.
This could be done with multiple accounts at once, but that's not something I'm doing yet.

You could also direct message accounts in your niche, and ask to do a shoutout for each other, and get a lot of exposure very easily.

I'm looking forward to reaching a few thousand followers, and start to monetize on this. If you're interested, I'll post again, when I get there.

Please post any questions you might have, and feel free to share your thoughts on this.
..or you could come up with something worthwhile that would bring plenty of organic results that could potentially be responsive for life.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.