• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

NOTABLE! How To Get Thousands of Instagram Followers in a Matter of Weeks!

Discussion in 'Advertising, Marketing, Social Media' started by GuestUser156, Oct 6, 2014.

1. GuestUser156

GuestUser156 Guest

Rep Bank:
    $
    There has been a lot of talk about Instagram on the forum lately. I have never been involved with social media marketing, but I decided to give it a try. It's free traffic, so what the heck.

I have managed to get 641 followers in just 7 days without paying a dollar, so I must be doing something right. I have experienced with a lot of things, and I believe, that I have now found the perfect (free) setup to maximize growth, while minimizing the work involved.

[​IMG]

Without further ado, I present you the step-by-step guide to getting followers on Instagram:

1) Choose your niche. I chose an expensive outdoor hobby, but it's totally up to you.

2) Create your account, give it a good general name like "footballphotos", "footballdaily", "lovefootball" etc.

3) Download the app called "Get Followers" on the App Store. It's an app where you follow people to get followers. The goal is to get around 50 followers. You just need some traction to get started. Most of them will unfollow you within a week or so, but that's perfectly fine. Once you have 50 followers, go on and unfollow everyone again.

3) Go to http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/yourniche and find around 12 photos you like (I'm not sure about the copyright aspect of this). Download them and upload them all to your Instagram account. Remember to use niche specific hashtags.

4) Download Firefox (it works best) and download the extension called iMacros. Go to www.websta.me and log into your account. Open up iMacros and upload this script:

I have been experimenting a lot with this, and this one works well. You will need to enter a hashtag where it says "hashtag1" and another one where it says "hashtag2". These two cannot be the same! This will keep the script switching between the hashtags and constantly liking the newest photos. 28 seconds is the absolute limit to avoid getting banned by Instagram, so don't edit this.

5) Go to the settings on your computer and turn off the screensaver, sleep function etc. so your computer will stay awake. If you have a laptop, remember to plug the charger in.

6) When you're not at the computer, open Firefox, go to www.websta.me/tag/yourniche and open iMacros, find your script, press "Play (Loop)" and enter "100" or something like that. This will prevent the script from ending.

7) Go to sleep or whatever, wake up with likes and new followers.

Remember to post photos once or twice a day, at least in the beginning.

When you get to +400 followers or something, create a new Gmail account for your Instagram and put this in your description: "Submit your photos: yourinstagram@gmail.com". People will start to send you their photos, so you don't have to do the work.

8) Download IFTTT on your smartphone and set up a recipe, where it sends an e-mail to your private e-mail, every time an e-mail goes to your Instagram e-mail. By doing this, you will not have to check your Instagram's e-mail at all.

9) Keep doing this until you hit your desired amount of followers.
    This could be done with multiple accounts at once, but that's not something I'm doing yet.

You could also direct message accounts in your niche, and ask to do a shoutout for each other, and get a lot of exposure very easily.

I'm looking forward to reaching a few thousand followers, and start to monetize on this. If you're interested, I'll post again, when I get there.

Please post any questions you might have, and feel free to share your thoughts on this.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. TJPB

TJPB Defy Ordinary Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,559
  3. GuestUser156

GuestUser156 Guest

Rep Bank:
    $
    It's 10 bucks a month. I'll probably outsource the whole thing to something like instagress, when I have revenue. I wrote this to give a general guide on how to get free followers for those who would use the 10 bucks as an excuse not to get started.

AubreyJ likes this.
  4. TJPB

Rep Bank:
    $7,559
    Yep...just adding it as an option.

integrity likes this.
  5. themaxx

themaxx Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $570
    How engaged are these followers? Are they going to care about you or what you post? Or are you simply trying to get a large number of followers because it sounds cool?

6. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $352,550
    Admin Post
    The initial ones are worthless but the ones that come later via the tagging and target photos are legit. The initial followers are just get the account rolling. And yes, Instagress does something similar for a few dollars.

Thanks for the post!

Xeon, Aaron T, Justin W. and 8 others like this.
  7. MarkNNelson

MarkNNelson Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $1,996
    Why are you unfollowing everyone once you get your seed 50? Is it just to avoid cluttering your feed, or is there more to it?

8. tafy

tafy Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,768
    OMG instagram is a bitch to use!

Mobile only?

So I gotta save pics that i want to upload then go into the app and select them? Wish there was a desktop version

jasoncuellar123 likes this.
  9. Eskil

Eskil Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $48,075
    Yeah this is one of the reasons I guess I never "got" IG, lol.. But it is too big now to ignore for business purposes, so methods like the one posted here is awesome. +$rep

Aaron T and Supa like this.
  10. Determined2012

Determined2012 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,610
    I'm loving everyone talking about IG! Thousands to be made there!!!!

11. AllenCrawley

AllenCrawley Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $70,366
    It takes a little to get used to. Much easier if you're using a tablet IMO. You'll soon have a nice little system down. The fact that the uploading of photos is restricted to mobile is now one of the things I love about IG. (My most recent post on the Social Media Resources thread on the Inside lists all the tools/apps I use for IG.)

Supa, Vick and tafy like this.
  12. tafy

Rep Bank:
    $9,768
    yeah mobile only is annoying but im getting used to it now, gonna try build up some followers in the hotel niche

So I can find cool pics about hotels, hotelrooms, hotel breakfasts etc and post them on instagram and tag the hotels in the comments?

13. Derekz

Derekz Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $322
    Yes Instagram is a great platform for business & personal branding yet most doesn't realize it's potential and usefulness. I've started monetizing Instagram last month and my profit already exceeded 4 digit. 10 days ago my Instagram was over 160k (check my previous thread) and now has over 180,000 followers. It's all about creativity and being unique.

Grok, Sasha Zvea and justbreathe like this.
  14. Vick

Vick Bumblebee Tuna Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $43,219
    What niche your following?

15. Derekz

Derekz Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $322

Luxury Living

16. GuestUser156

GuestUser156 Guest

Rep Bank:
    $
    They are just random people, who are not in your niche. Keep them if you want to, but remember to keep a high followers to following ratio.

Yes, you could do that! I don't know would you would plan to monetize it, though ... Maybe you could sell leads to hotels? Hmmm... and remember to hashtag the city as well.

17. JackWood

JackWood Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $253
    Just started to give this a go. I chose a niche with an end goal in mind of being able to easily monetize. Has been fun playing around with it, and I am running imacros tonight. Was super easy to get the first 50 or so through get followers. Great post!

GuestUser156 likes this.
  18. tafy

Rep Bank:
    $9,768
    I don't need to monetise it, it will just be useful for something one day. I got my wife onto it now and shes doing a way better job than me.

Aaron T and (deleted member) like this.
  19. Kubson

Kubson New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $83
    I have a small problem with your method. My niche hashtag is 3-letter one and websta.me doesn't return proper results for such short one. Any idea for alternative?

20. TJPB

Rep Bank:
    $7,559
    What I've found is if you have a product/brand that people want to be associated with, followers on Instagram come easily. And these followers are ALL your target market. My account grows at about 30 a day, with very little work on my part. Almost every new follower leaves a comment here and there.

I am using Instagress but most of my followers are via word of mouth or by others seeing hashtags and following who their friends follow. I'll probably discontinue Instagress at the end of my 30 day period.

mguerra likes this.
  21. Soulipsyz

Soulipsyz New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $156
    You can use Gramblr to upload photos to your account from your PC, but they have to be 650x650 if I remember correctly.

22. GuestUser156

GuestUser156 Guest

Rep Bank:
    $
    If you google your niche + "tagsforlikes", you should get some ideas to go with.

23. justbreathe

justbreathe Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $138
  24. JackWood

JackWood Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $253
    Just an update on my test so far with this method. I have set up 2 individual accounts in different niches. Both have around 120 followers within 1-2 days with the average likes on each photo of about 30-40 so I am getting awesome interaction. 1 photo has even gotten around 150 likes. The numbers are increasing at a more rapid pace now. Definitely working!

Aaron T and leonbenj like this.
  25. Tyler K

Tyler K Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $793
    This is a good way to build up a base but it takes a long time plus a lot of them will unfollow you in the end. Although it's a pretty good way to build a following if you're desperate.