"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.
Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.
This method is good if you want to increase your followers quickly but at some point they will start unfollowing you . Instagram algo never boost these type of accounts who use third party apps. My mentor who is an Instagram influencer told me that if you are building a business brand , always follow the genuine way . This is a nice way to get the account rolling but always use the genuine way of posting quality content , targeting your niche , use video content etcThere has been a lot of talk about Instagram on the forum lately. I have never been involved with social media marketing, but I decided to give it a try. It's free traffic, so what the heck.
I have managed to get 641 followers in just 7 days without paying a dollar, so I must be doing something right. I have experienced with a lot of things, and I believe, that I have now found the perfect (free) setup to maximize growth, while minimizing the work involved.
Without further ado, I present you the step-by-step guide to getting followers on Instagram:
1) Choose your niche. I chose an expensive outdoor hobby, but it's totally up to you.
2) Create your account, give it a good general name like "footballphotos", "footballdaily", "lovefootball" etc.
3) Download the app called "Get Followers" on the App Store. It's an app where you follow people to get followers. The goal is to get around 50 followers. You just need some traction to get started. Most of them will unfollow you within a week or so, but that's perfectly fine. Once you have 50 followers, go on and unfollow everyone again.
3) Go to yourniche | Tumblr and find around 12 photos you like (I'm not sure about the copyright aspect of this). Download them and upload them all to your Instagram account. Remember to use niche specific hashtags.
4) Download Firefox (it works best) and download the extension called iMacros. Go to www.websta.me and log into your account. Open up iMacros and upload this script:
I have been experimenting a lot with this, and this one works well. You will need to enter a hashtag where it says "hashtag1" and another one where it says "hashtag2". These two cannot be the same! This will keep the script switching between the hashtags and constantly liking the newest photos. 28 seconds is the absolute limit to avoid getting banned by Instagram, so don't edit this.
5) Go to the settings on your computer and turn off the screensaver, sleep function etc. so your computer will stay awake. If you have a laptop, remember to plug the charger in.
6) When you're not at the computer, open Firefox, go to www.websta.me/tag/yourniche and open iMacros, find your script, press "Play (Loop)" and enter "100" or something like that. This will prevent the script from ending.
7) Go to sleep or whatever, wake up with likes and new followers.
Remember to post photos once or twice a day, at least in the beginning.
When you get to +400 followers or something, create a new Gmail account for your Instagram and put this in your description: "Submit your photos: email@example.com". People will start to send you their photos, so you don't have to do the work.
8) Download IFTTT on your smartphone and set up a recipe, where it sends an e-mail to your private e-mail, every time an e-mail goes to your Instagram e-mail. By doing this, you will not have to check your Instagram's e-mail at all.
9) Keep doing this until you hit your desired amount of followers.
This could be done with multiple accounts at once, but that's not something I'm doing yet.
You could also direct message accounts in your niche, and ask to do a shoutout for each other, and get a lot of exposure very easily.
I'm looking forward to reaching a few thousand followers, and start to monetize on this. If you're interested, I'll post again, when I get there.
Please post any questions you might have, and feel free to share your thoughts on this.
Join Fastlane Insiders.