The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello Fastlaners

BIYMS97

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jun 23, 2019
Germany
Hello Everyone!

I decided today is a good day, to make my introduction post after joining back in 2019 (I know good job :)) when I first read TMF . Although the book changed my outlook on life already back then,I wasn’t ready to take full responsibility and tried to trick myself that “the comfortable path” isn’t that bad. I was lacking consistency and have been faking action and switching back and forth between convincing myself to pursue a corporate career and committing to entrepreneurship.

However, as the years passed, I formed my character and realized there is no way back, after reading TMF . Especially the last few months have been crucial for me. After traveling basically nonstop 2 months in the summer to the most scenic places I’ve seen, I couldn’t fully enjoy it, since I always had this inner voice telling me “What the heck are you doing with your time, you know that the only way you’re going to be happy, is if you’re finally wake up and stop trying to distract yourself from what you know is overdue to happen”.

After returning to University in September, where I am about to graduate in 2 months, I was eager to make drastic changes. I stopped wasting time on destructive habits and friends that might be nice to be around but disadvantageous to make any improvements in my life and started fully focusing on myself and goals I'd like to accomplish.

To keep it short, part of my plan is to get a 9-5 job in Sales that provides the financial basis besides working on a Web Design Business (I am a Student of the Fox Web Design School) until I can generate enough money being able to exit my full-time job, to eventually focus on building a Fastlane Business complying with the CENTS framework.
Excited to begin this journey and grateful for having discovered MJ’s books and this forum.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Guyfieri5

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jul 13, 2019
Raleigh, North Carolina
Sales is a great skill to practice and learn. Best of luck!

rob_c316

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Nov 28, 2022
Hello Everyone!

I decided today is a good day, to make my introduction post after joining back in 2019 (I know good job :)) when I first read TMF . Although the book changed my outlook on life already back then,I wasn’t ready to take full responsibility and tried to trick myself that “the comfortable path” isn’t that bad. I was lacking consistency and have been faking action and switching back and forth between convincing myself to pursue a corporate career and committing to entrepreneurship.

However, as the years passed, I formed my character and realized there is no way back, after reading TMF . Especially the last few months have been crucial for me. After traveling basically nonstop 2 months in the summer to the most scenic places I’ve seen, I couldn’t fully enjoy it, since I always had this inner voice telling me “What the heck are you doing with your time, you know that the only way you’re going to be happy, is if you’re finally wake up and stop trying to distract yourself from what you know is overdue to happen”.

After returning to University in September, where I am about to graduate in 2 months, I was eager to make drastic changes. I stopped wasting time on destructive habits and friends that might be nice to be around but disadvantageous to make any improvements in my life and started fully focusing on myself and goals I'd like to accomplish.

To keep it short, part of my plan is to get a 9-5 job in Sales that provides the financial basis besides working on a Web Design Business (I am a Student of the Fox Web Design School) until I can generate enough money being able to exit my full-time job, to eventually focus on building a Fastlane Business complying with the CENTS framework.
Excited to begin this journey and grateful for having discovered MJ’s books and this forum.
Hey man, I've also experienced that back and forth feeling of wanting freedom and then convincing myself that the alternative wasn't so bad. I would say it's all a part of the experience. No matter how many times I've tried to "convince" myself that a slowlane life wouldn't be so bad, that gnawing feeling in the back of my mind always leads me back to wanting more out of life.

I'm happy that you've taken steps to make the actual changes to move forward because taking action is the most important part. One good thing that I would recommend is listening for and keeping an open mind for peoples' pain points. It was the part in MFL where MJ spoke about listening for phrases such as "I wish..." as in "I wish there was something that...., or a way that....etc."
I feel like tuning your brain to look out for those phrases helps give you ideas for a business you can pursue. I would say that you aren't even necessarily looking for your smoking gun but rather priming your mind to be open to seeing/hearing ideas more often. And of course there is still the possibility that you find your calling sooner than you expected.

BIYMS97

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jun 23, 2019
Germany
Hey man, I've also experienced that back and forth feeling of wanting freedom and then convincing myself that the alternative wasn't so bad. I would say it's all a part of the experience. No matter how many times I've tried to "convince" myself that a slowlane life wouldn't be so bad, that gnawing feeling in the back of my mind always leads me back to wanting more out of life.

I'm happy that you've taken steps to make the actual changes to move forward because taking action is the most important part. One good thing that I would recommend is listening for and keeping an open mind for peoples' pain points. It was the part in MFL where MJ spoke about listening for phrases such as "I wish..." as in "I wish there was something that...., or a way that....etc."
I feel like tuning your brain to look out for those phrases helps give you ideas for a business you can pursue. I would say that you aren't even necessarily looking for your smoking gun but rather priming your mind to be open to seeing/hearing ideas more often. And of course there is still the possibility that you find your calling sooner than you expected.
Hey, thanks for the advice! I totally agree with you, the first step is to make a shift from perceiving your surroundings from a consumer to a producer perspective. Walking around with open eyes and analyzing products and their weak spots or what cues made you consume a certain product. Sounds easy but is actually work if youre committing yourself to it on a daily basis. Most likely, finding a problem or opportunity to create value rarely happens just by accident without being mentally primed to it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...