The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Have I joined the fast lane? Or is this another bad move

Anything related to matters of the mind

Emma__

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Mar 25, 2023
Hi could I ask for some advice on a new job decision?

I’m an aspiring entrepreneur and have been a PT for 10 years but dropped out and now looking for another industry that can make me money and hopefully lead to freedom.

I have applied to be a sales negotiator at an estate agents, I have skills in sales and planning on improving with research and studying to then hit massive commission. To then hopefully buy and rent out property and becoming financially free.

However I struggle with the work life balance of a 9-5, it causes me to have mental breakdowns as I feel like I’m in prison and can’t escape which then leads to my eating disorder coming back into place as well as drugs and alcohol to then eventually calling sick days at work until I get sacked.

I wish I was less emotional and could purely focus on working hard for at least a year, (sacrifice freedom to get freedom in the long run kind of thing) is there any advice anyone can give me that would help?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

I’m an aspiring entrepreneur and have been a PT for 10 years but dropped out and now looking for another industry that can make me money and hopefully lead to freedom.

I have applied to be a sales negotiator at an estate agents, I have skills in sales and planning on improving with research and studying to then hit massive commission. To then hopefully buy and rent out property and becoming financially free.

However I struggle with the work life balance of a 9-5, it causes me to have mental breakdowns as I feel like I’m in prison and can’t escape which then leads to my eating disorder coming back into place as well as drugs and alcohol to then eventually calling sick days at work until I get sacked.

I wish I was less emotional and could purely focus on working hard for at least a year, (sacrifice freedom to get freedom in the long run kind of thing) is there any advice anyone can give me that would help?
How you do anything is how you do everything.

Working for yourself isn't easier than working a 9-5.

Consider working a j.o.b. as practicing mental resilience and getting sh*t done?

Strategery

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jun 25, 2019
mental breakdowns as I feel like I’m in prison and can’t escape which then leads to my eating disorder coming back into place as well as drugs and alcohol

Entrepreneurship is not going to help. You need to talk to someone who can help, likely a therapist.

Last edited:

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 28, 2022
I know what you feel for we have the same scenario where we go back to our old ways and become a selfish pig that self-destruct. To me, praying helps and managing my sleep, diet, and exercise. It sucks to go back to our old ways for we know the consequences of it. Use the pain as a fuel to resist falling to your old ways. Remember what you felt when you’re F*cked by your bad habits and remember that if you give in, nothing will change. Change is hard but you have to choose what’s worth fighting for.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Nov 21, 2016
The only real prison is doing nothing: it guarantees you will never achieve the things you want. A job is almost always a necessary precursor to entering the Fastlane and should be viewed as such; not only for improving your work ethic but to potentially put you in a position to spot problems to solve. And if we're being completely honest, nothing lights a fire under your a$$ to strive to accomplish more than a job you know you're better than.

Regarding the other issues, you may need to talk to a professional. It sounds like you get discouraged and turn to unhealthy habits to distract you from your pessimistic view of your situation. I am by no means a professional in this area but If you need someone to talk to, feel free to DM me.

Last edited:

Emma__

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Mar 25, 2023
How you do anything is how you do everything.

Working for yourself isn't easier than working a 9-5.

Consider working a j.o.b. as practicing mental resilience and getting sh*t done?
Brilliant advice thank you!

Emma__

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Mar 25, 2023
I know what you feel for we have the same scenario where we go back to our old ways and become a selfish pig that self-destruct. To me, praying helps and managing my sleep, diet, and exercise. It sucks to go back to our old ways for we know the consequences of it. Use the pain as a fuel to resist falling to your old ways. Remember what you felt when you’re F*cked by your bad habits and remember that if you give in, nothing will change. Change is hard but you have to choose what’s worth fighting for.
Great advice thanks so much!

HPC2079

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Nov 12, 2023
"Have I Joined The Fast Lane? Or Is This Another Bad Move" If it helps your goal, it's good.
Regarding your mental health, someone mentioned going to a therapist.
Sure, a therapist can teach you techniques but YOU have to do the work.
"I wish I was less emotional" emotions are not the issue. Your reactions to your emotions are the problem.
"sacrifice freedom to get freedom in the long run kind of thing" View it as 'investing' instead of 'sacrificing'
It's not 'just' a word. It's a completely different concepts/perception.
Getting 'over' these negative behaviors is not a one-time thing.
It's a long process with big structural changes in the mind, I've been through that.
Maybe something will 'flip the switch' for you, like a dream, but you have to maintain the work in any possible way.
Good luck "Emma". If you keep steering towards the right path, you'll get there eventually.

Emma__

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Mar 25, 2023
"Have I Joined The Fast Lane? Or Is This Another Bad Move" If it helps your goal, it's good.
Regarding your mental health, someone mentioned going to a therapist.
Sure, a therapist can teach you techniques but YOU have to do the work.
"I wish I was less emotional" emotions are not the issue. Your reactions to your emotions are the problem.
"sacrifice freedom to get freedom in the long run kind of thing" View it as 'investing' instead of 'sacrificing'
It's not 'just' a word. It's a completely different concepts/perception.
Getting 'over' these negative behaviors is not a one-time thing.
It's a long process with big structural changes in the mind, I've been through that.
Maybe something will 'flip the switch' for you, like a dream, but you have to maintain the work in any possible way.
Good luck "Emma". If you keep steering towards the right path, you'll get there eventually.
Sound advice thank you so much!

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

How come you haven't bought and rented out a property yet? You don't need to change jobs to do this.
I have applied to be a sales negotiator at an estate agents, I have skills in sales and planning on improving with research and studying to then hit massive commission.
Ah, here's why. You are looking for some fast money in a big lump sum.

To then hopefully buy and rent out property and becoming financially free.

You want things without working for them.
At least you know what the issue is. You are not willing to sacrifice the "now" for something later. Which is why your "future" is never going to be any different.

So when you see something that you want to buy. Are you getting upset emotionally if you don't or can't buy it? How does the thought process in your brain go when you see something you want?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.