The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Coming Back - You Didn't See That Coming

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Hermilio

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Aug 22, 2020
Brazil
Yeehaw, partners. I bet that when you last saw a post of mine, you thought I was just another dreampreneur who left for a thoroughly slowlane-y life.

Well, buckle up, because ever since I left:

- I built my first business (2020-2021) which sold educational experiences (basically, good courses) for medical students and medical doctors in Brazil. I also sold to other healthcare professionals and students. The idea was studying fast and remembering what you studied, and since I'm quite good at selling, I actually managed to succeed a bit in this competitive market. However, I only made R$20k total, because I realized that selling courses was not the fastlane strategy I was looking for due to the following reasons:
1. Low entry barrier. Anyone could sell what I was selling.
2. Time limitations. I was never going to be able to dissociate myself from a business which sold based on my personal teaching. Well, I could, but I didn't want the idea of my fastlane business being attached to my face; I want something independent from me.

So, from 2021 to today I went deep into health technology. I am a Brazilian medical doctor, and from my last two years of medical school I got into everything there was to know about healthtech. I won a national prize (R$78.000, which set the capital for my business), won another few awards, and only two months ago (when I actually graduated and started working as a doctor) I realized that I was winning too many awards and not selling. So we closed our first sale (R$30.000 total) to develop the multidisciplinary ecosystem for weight loss programs in a local endocrinology clinic.

My current objective is to scale to R$30.000 monthly sales, through other possible clients (we are currently at R$4.400,00/mo with our first one). We still have about R$40.000,00 capital left over from our initial prize, and have about R$3.000 in monthly expenses (2 developer interns, some software we use daily, and a good deal for an incubator spot at a premium place of the town).

I still work as an MD, about 40 hours weekly in my first job and some odd 18-30 hour shifts every week. Life's hard, but I'm capitalizing well and setting this new business up to scale.

My current challenges:
- I set this business up first as a way to challenge the growing problem of diabetic foot. I'm yet to figure out a way to solve it and then how to monetize it.
- I have a standing proposal for R$100.000,00 investment in exchange for 5,5% equity, which would require me to relocate to another part of the country. However, the investor is a major pharmaceutical company in the country and could represent a good source of contacts throughout the country.
- The business (LookInside | Pé Diabético btw) is also going to be at Innovation Week (largest government innovation event in Latin America) in November, and there I hope to sell to key stakeholders in government.

Anyways. Onwards towards building the business which will give me and my business partner our financial freedom. Thank you all for reading this far.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Disciple96

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Mar 5, 2016
USA
Yeehaw, partners. I bet that when you last saw a post of mine, you thought I was just another dreampreneur who left for a thoroughly slowlane-y life.

Well, buckle up, because ever since I left:

- I built my first business (2020-2021) which sold educational experiences (basically, good courses) for medical students and medical doctors in Brazil. I also sold to other healthcare professionals and students. The idea was studying fast and remembering what you studied, and since I'm quite good at selling, I actually managed to succeed a bit in this competitive market. However, I only made R$20k total, because I realized that selling courses was not the fastlane strategy I was looking for due to the following reasons:
1. Low entry barrier. Anyone could sell what I was selling.
2. Time limitations. I was never going to be able to dissociate myself from a business which sold based on my personal teaching. Well, I could, but I didn't want the idea of my fastlane business being attached to my face; I want something independent from me.

So, from 2021 to today I went deep into health technology. I am a Brazilian medical doctor, and from my last two years of medical school I got into everything there was to know about healthtech. I won a national prize (R$78.000, which set the capital for my business), won another few awards, and only two months ago (when I actually graduated and started working as a doctor) I realized that I was winning too many awards and not selling. So we closed our first sale (R$30.000 total) to develop the multidisciplinary ecosystem for weight loss programs in a local endocrinology clinic.

My current objective is to scale to R$30.000 monthly sales, through other possible clients (we are currently at R$4.400,00/mo with our first one). We still have about R$40.000,00 capital left over from our initial prize, and have about R$3.000 in monthly expenses (2 developer interns, some software we use daily, and a good deal for an incubator spot at a premium place of the town).

I still work as an MD, about 40 hours weekly in my first job and some odd 18-30 hour shifts every week. Life's hard, but I'm capitalizing well and setting this new business up to scale.

My current challenges:
- I set this business up first as a way to challenge the growing problem of diabetic foot. I'm yet to figure out a way to solve it and then how to monetize it.
- I have a standing proposal for R$100.000,00 investment in exchange for 5,5% equity, which would require me to relocate to another part of the country. However, the investor is a major pharmaceutical company in the country and could represent a good source of contacts throughout the country.
- The business (LookInside | Pé Diabético btw) is also going to be at Innovation Week (largest government innovation event in Latin America) in November, and there I hope to sell to key stakeholders in government.

Anyways. Onwards towards building the business which will give me and my business partner our financial freedom. Thank you all for reading this far.

Great work! I like the design aesthetic of your website.

It fails to answer my most immediate questions, the marketing copy is there but it's pretty bare bones. I'm not sure how it reads in native Portuguese but even through translation, what IS there, is great.

Keep pushing, you'll solve the problem as long as you stay consistent.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.