The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Back on the subject of making money- Aff Marketing

Marketing, social media, advertising

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Sheesh, I should have just sent you a pm Kurt. lol

5 in 200 is just an example of me throwing up 4 or 5 domains/niche ideas, and 200 people having access. (speedway)

But I wasn't trying to be a doucher and withhold anything from everyone, so I wanted to see what the probability would be of you and a couple others snagging something good every once in a while.

Make sense? Wasn't supposed to be a big deal, and I'm certainly no affiliate god. lol

Now, on to these sniper sites.... that's just what I label these in this example based on their intended purpose.

To me, a sniper site, is a site designed or initiated with increasing the efficiency of SEO, and leveraging all possible avenues without doing any work.

Whether you go the organic route or PPC, you'll either want good rankings or a good quality score.

This includes:

• proper keyword research
  • decent search volume, low competition for selectiveness
  • direct type in domains, or at least phrase targeted
  • a cms platform which includes built in tools to automatically leverage (example = RSS and pinging features; pretty standard stuff, but you still have a choice. A simple wordpress blog will do)
  • automation integration capability (wordpress works good for this, should you want a plugin to do something)
  • easy sitewide changes (useful should you want to implement list building at a later date without a redesign or time consuming code mods)
Basically, you want to utilize any features available to you to leverage your time. I.E. You want the site/niche/idea to work FOR you if you so choose.

Super simple really, just breaking it down.

So to recap, all (what I refer to as) a sniper site, is a preplanned idea of leveraged execution for an affiliate site. They usually have one or two purposes. One, just an easy site to roll out for another affiliate niche and rank easily with mediocre results (portfolio building, not killing it) or to use as part of niche network. Say you had a brand, and you were working hard to SEO that organically, you can throw out like 5 sniper sites that are sub niche targetted to make it much easier to obtain your rankings faster.

Say you wanted FYFFTW to rank for something Amish.... instead of taking the time to build credibility centered around Amish widget for that site/brand, you could create a network that does it for you. Amishwidget.com, correspondingAmishwidget.com, and so on. Sub niche targetted, easier to rank, still getting exposure, and can be tightened up into an authority structure, but great sites with link farm results.

Ultimately, short term gains in sub niches and faster credibility, but long term results as well.

So on to just an affiliate site.

Say you want to pick a product or niche, and roll out a quick site for organic search.

Simple: keyword domain name, wordpress or joomla, some linkbuilding, etc...

Niche: Sprained Ankles

Subniche that includes an important
need, call to action, and a hint of desperation: Sprained Ankle Treatment

Prelim Market Research: Google Keyword tool says 3,000 searches per month.

Prelim Market Analysis: Google- 326 competitors optimized for title tags

Prelim Competition Analysis: Zero authority sites that focus on this subniche; minimal competing seo (low backlinks, auhtority, and market presence, and so on)

Profitability: Find info or physical products to solve this need (you should know they exist before this process however). There are many scenarios depending on how you approach this, but say you capture 1,000 visitors per month with no follow up system... If you have compelling information, 10 sales per month is conservative.

This is WITHOUT testing mind you. It could be 1 it could be 100 based on the same criteria. There are too many variables that come into play for this paragraph.

So...

Est: 3k EKSPM x 33.333% x 1% = 10 SPM

This is a rough guestimate without having a pulse and experience in a given market space.

Prelim Conclusion: With a keyword domain, it will be a slam dunk to rank if all SEO is done perfectly. Should you execute this perfectly (top 3-5 ranking for said sub niche) you will capture about 1/3 of the initial volume for that subniche phrase. Even if you do everything right, you are relying on a search engine, and people still have choices. Your description, title tag, everything....it all counts as to what your open rate is going to be.

So, it is important to realize the need to chop the intial percentage right off the top when looking at keyword research.

In this instance, it would still be a cakewalk.

So you hunt for a direct phrase domain in one of the top three tld's. Doesn't matter which one, this site has one purpose only. Of course, .com if available, but that should be a given.

So at the time of pulling this from one of my lists, sprainedankletreatment.org was available. I just checked and it is not now.

That is the jist for a sub niche seo sniper site. Super targetted, and very specific content makes it very easy to outrank the competition with minimal effort. However, it is limited. You won't go building any authority sites in a given market space or be creating a potential brand with sites like this. They are worthless for that.

From there you would follow suit with a blog or cms installation. Optimize everything, create your specific content, add your affiliate products, and so on. Where allowed, you can import product review snippets and all kinds of other things as well.

These days, I install wordpress and optimize it, 1 post, and wait for the search engines to find it rather than building out right away. It takes about 8 days. 12 for stubborn ones.

In certain instances (especially if the doman in use has a history) this changes the perception of intent, and ultimately effects trustrank that is associated with your domain. This becomes a problem when you do some linkbuilding or promotions right away.

That should cover a basic overview of my version of a sniper site. There are so many factors without deciding organic vs ppc first. However this platform works for both, as it's easy to make custom page templates with wordpress to have landers on the index, and disguised content elsewhere to improve quality scores.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
ok, information way overload. Working through all this great info. Here are some initial reactions, more will come as I digest I am sure. WARNING, VERY LONG POST after finishing now, add a couple more verys

5 in 200 is just an example of me throwing up 4 or 5 domains/niche ideas, and 200 people having access. (speedway)

Were you saying, you throw out the idea and see what happens to the niche with 200 people pursuing it? Still not following that one completely.

But I wasn't trying to be a doucher and withhold anything from everyone, so I wanted to see what the probability would be of you and a couple others snagging something good every once in a while.

maybe this will give incentive to some to up their game and gain access.

Now, on to these sniper sites.... that's just what I label these in this example based on their intended purpose.

To me, a sniper site, is a site designed or initiated with increasing the efficiency of SEO, and leveraging all possible avenues without doing any work.

ok, still not clear what you mean. using your sprained ankle example below, is sniper site, sprainedankletreatment.com, or is it the sites you use to funnel traffic to that site?

Whether you go the organic route or PPC, you'll either want good rankings or a good quality score.

This includes:

• proper keyword research

I use Market Samurai for this, is there something better I should be using?

• direct type in domains, or at least phrase targeted

By this do you mean sprainedankletreatment.com vs Iamtheankleguy.com? The former is more keyward targeted correct?

So to recap, all (what I refer to as) a sniper site, is a preplanned idea of leveraged execution for an affiliate site. They usually have one or two purposes. One, just an easy site to roll out for another affiliate niche and rank easily with mediocre results (portfolio building, not killing it) or to use as part of niche network. Say you had a brand, and you were working hard to SEO that organically, you can throw out like 5 sniper sites that are sub niche targetted to make it much easier to obtain your rankings faster.

Say you wanted FYFFTW to rank for something Amish.... instead of taking the time to build credibility centered around Amish widget for that site/brand, you could create a network that does it for you. Amishwidget.com, correspondingAmishwidget.com, and so on. Sub niche targetted, easier to rank, still getting exposure, and can be tightened up into an authority structure, but great sites with link farm results.

ok, going back to your ankle example, because I can wrap my head around it a little more easily for some reason.

sprainedankletreatment.com is my sales site. Are you saying to create 5 others sites all linking to this site? For example- bestsprainedankletreatment.com would be one of them? If this is the case, is variations of the keywords the best idea for the domains? would sprainedankletreatment.blogspot.com have any value in building the SEO of the sales site, or is it better to just use domains? In this example, what sort of content would you put at the junior sites? Do they all link to the sales site, or do some link to each other to improve each others SEO? I know we danced on this before, but still not clear, is it better to have these registered at different hosting accounts?

some linkbuilding

what do you do for this for maximum speed?

Prelim Competition Analysis: Zero authority sites that focus on this subniche; minimal competing seo (low backlinks, auhtority, and market presence, and so on)

again, market samurai or is there a better option?

Profitability: Find info or physical products to solve this need (you should know they exist before this process however). There are many scenarios depending on how you approach this, but say you capture 1,000 visitors per month with no follow up system... If you have compelling information, 10 sales per month is conservative.

So for this example, I want to be selling something that treats the ankles? (I know seems obvious, but I want to make sure I understand completely.) So it might be some superior ankle wrap etc.?

Est: 3k EKSPM x 33.333% x 1% = 10 SPM

This is a rough guestimate without having a pulse and experience in a given market space.

Prelim Conclusion: With a keyword domain, it will be a slam dunk to rank if all SEO is done perfectly. Should you execute this perfectly (top 3-5 ranking for said sub niche) you will capture about 1/3 of the initial volume for that subniche phrase. Even if you do everything right, you are relying on a search engine, and people still have choices. Your description, title tag, everything....it all counts as to what your open rate is going to be.

is there anything SEO wise to be doing besides what you have already laid out?

So you hunt for a direct phrase domain in one of the top three tld's.

What the heck is a tld? did you say it earlier and I just keep missing it on the rereads? Like I said, a bit overloaded.

That should cover a basic overview of my version of a sniper site. There are so many factors without deciding organic vs ppc first. However this platform works for both, as it's easy to make custom page templates with wordpress to have landers on the index, and disguised content elsewhere to improve quality scores.

disguised content???

Ok, that is all for my point by point questioning. I apologize for the giant nature of this post, but this whole concept is very interesting to me. Thank you again for taking the time to post what you have.

This may crossover into propietery info or what not, but I am a huge visual learner. Is there any way that here or in pm you would be willing to share a group of domains where you have done this so I can see it visually? If not, I completely understand.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
lol, wow, there is a lot of questions there. heh

Errrrrr, I can't cover them all right this minute, so I guess I'll grab one at a time. (jonlee, take some time off my fingers will ya!)

First off, 5 in 200 is just a metric. If I were to list 5 available domain names in the open forum, they could be gone in 5 minutes. That defeats the purpose of helping the contributing members here.

So, by finding out how many members have access to speedways one (200ish) and two, gives me a probability and time frame.

As an example, if I were to give you these somewhere else, you may not even see them before others devour them. You wouldn't have a chance to go and do your research and make a decision on whether or not the niche is for you, and to reg the domain. Make sense?

sprainedankletreatment.org
howtostopsmoking.net
moldtreatments.com
symptomsdepression.org
thebestantiagingtreatment.com

I'm not saying go and buy these, they were just in my cue from 3 days ago and could have potential if the market allows.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Errrrrr, I can't cover them all right this minute, so I guess I'll grab one at a time. (jonlee, take some time off my fingers will ya!)

Sure, but typing takes time away from the golf course, so I'll just spit out a link:

Introduction To Keyword Sniping | Internet Marketing | Strategy & Services

It's actually a killer link, because this fantastic blog post was actually taken offline because is was too controversial, but as I was searching for it I just thought I'd take a look in the Internet Archive and voila! it was there.

Enjoy, everything you need for market research.

Kurt, market samurai is a good tool for basic competitive analysis, for this technique using it and the free Google kw tool should be all you need.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Well geez, that would have saved me a lot of time when I was learning this stuff way back when! lol

Kurt, read that, it will give you the gist of what's going on.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
thank you both very much. I think things are starting to click.

Currently, I am doing keyword research, and narrowing down on my first niche.

Couple questions if either of you would be so kind-

this article suggests building a 10 page deep site with all the pages linking back to the home page and that would give the authority needed. Other places I have read that separate sites, even to the point of separate hosting accounts is better. Which do you recommend? Or should I pursue both?

On the separate site track, this article seems to indicate this can all be created with .blogspot sites. Have you experienced this to be true? Would a unique domain have more value than a blogger site, or the same?

also, is there a limit to how fast I want to add these linking sites?

Thanks again both of you, you have been a great help.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
this article suggests building a 10 page deep site with all the pages linking back to the home page and that would give the authority needed. Other places I have read that separate sites, even to the point of separate hosting accounts is better. Which do you recommend? Or should I pursue both?

Unless you are going to interlink all your sites (I don't recommend it until your SEO skills are very advanced) there is no point getting separate hosting accounts. Even if you did, you'll need to register the domains with separate owner profiles - way too much effort for a "possible" benefit.

On the separate site track, this article seems to indicate this can all be created with .blogspot sites. Have you experienced this to be true? Would a unique domain have more value than a blogger site, or the same?

I NEVER use blogspot. If you are building a business, you must own your assets.

Not sure I understand the question, but in general add incoming links very slowly to a new site. I add one or two to make sure it gets indexed and then leave them for a month or two at least and see what happens. Sometimes they can do very well with no other work required, sometimes it takes massive link building to get traction in Google.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Do your own DD

landscapesoftwarereviews.com

newcomputersreview.com

hamiltonwatchreview.com

internetpokerreview.org

howtogetridofheadaches.com <<<< bingo maybe

laptopcasereviews.com

wealthbuilderreview.com

getridofpimplescars.com

getridofmenopause.com

newcamcordersreview.com

realitytvpreview.com

howtokeepyourwoman.org

howtofixregistryerrors.com

Last edited:

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
hamiltonwatchreview.com

Funny you mention this... LOL i have a bunch of these types. Thanks matt, i picked that one up. will develop it after i finish another one i am working on

EDIT scratch that, it might not have went through!

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
It's a how to day. I think there's about 4 potential decent ones, but just skimming, no time for sorting today.

howtoapplyforjobs.com

howtoapplyforavisa.com

howtoapplyforwelfare.com

howtobeagooddad.com

howtobeataspeedingticket.net

howtobuildastripperpole.com

howtobuildasmallbusiness.com

howtocooklasagna.com

howtocookfriedrice.com

howtocookbrunch.com

howtocooknoodles.com

howtomakechowmein.com

howtomakefruitsalad.com

howtodealwithanaffair.com

howtoeliminatestress.com

howtofightatrafficticket.com

howtogetridofspiders.com - might be promising, didn't check though

howtogetridofmole.com

howtogetridofleas.com

howtogetyourhighschooldiploma.com

howtogetyourloverback.com- CB- get my ex back

howtoinstallkitchenbacksplashes.com

howtomakemoneyonweb.com

howtomakeyourownbeer.com

howtomakeyourownwine.com

howtomarketlistings.com

howtonegotiateanything.com

howtonegotiateeverything.com

howtonegotiaterealestate.com

howtoparkdomains.com

howtopeventidtheft.com

howtopickuphotwomen.com

howtoprofitinadownmarket.com

howtopurchaseavehicle.com

howtoquitdrugs.com

howtorecoverdeletedfiles.com

howtoreduceyourtax.com

howtorenttobuy.com

howtoresizevideo.com

howtoretirewithease.com

howtosellsomethingonebay.com

howtoshootgreatvideos.com

howtotakegreatvideos.com

howtostopmortgageforeclosure.com

howtotalktoaman.com

howtotalktosexywomen.com

howtounblockwebsite.com

howtowalkawayfromforeclosure.com

howtowalkawayfromyourforeclosure.com

howtowalkawayfromyourhouse.com

howtowalkawayfromyourmortgage.com

howtowriteakillersalesletter.com

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
howtobuygold.net

howtoflyfish.net

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
I'm assuming you already own this one; ;)

-Russ H.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
I dunno, lemme check the whois. lol

After you get over 100, you don't know what you have anymore.

Most of these come from a drop list that compiles based on keyword inclusion. I monitor them when I have a chance and look for gems. Most are low search/non desperate and would suit mfa sites, but I look for targeted keyword domains that can be built around a product/problem I already know converts.

Take weight loss tablets... If I get that domain, I can do a simple build out and some link building, let it marinade for a bit, and let it do it's thing. If I did it right, that could be 500-1k/mo.

These are keyword and human targeted. People looking for weight loss tablets have already made up their mind as to what they want to do with their body, so the content and preselling is minimal.

The targeted domain gives the upper hand to be lazy with seo unless there is big money in the long tail niche. Then you'll get some players, but if most of the direct type in domains are saturated, they will have to work harder.

Stand in front of the traffic and watch the sales come in. Heh, I shouldn't say that, I've been at this a while.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.