The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

28 years old - Left 6-figure Corporate Job to launch eCommerce website

NickB

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jan 19, 2018
Colorado
Hi all, I'm happy to be here! I found this forum from a Reddit thread, but had listened to The Millionaire Fastline several years ago.

I recently, at age 28, took a layoff package from my employer of ~5 years. I was working in Corporate Finance, Strategy, Accounting, etc. I had some really great bosses and coworkers, and some really bad ones, and gathered a couple highly-esteemed and difficult certifications along the way. The last 2 years at the company were pretty rotten and pushed me towards going "all-in", so to speak. Since the end of college, my heart has always been set on going my own way. However, I never had anyone in my network that could advise or tell me how to launch my own business.

I finally took the jump about 6 months ago and launched an eCommerce retail website and blog in a growing fitness niche. I'm quite familiar with the market, I've been a fitness junkie my entire life, and saw there was an opportunity. I found some pretty good resources and guides to help me build the business. It's nothing fancy or viral, but I firmly believe in myself and my business.

I've made some great progress - going from $0 in May to about $3.7k in monthly revenue as of last month-end. It's a far cry from what I was making in my Corporate job, but I've never been more proud of myself. I've got a lot of work cut out for me, but with a lot of hours and smart decision-making, I believe I'll be able to continue growing quickly.

The biggest problem has been the lack of support in my personal/professional network. As many of you probably have experienced, entrepreneurship is a very lonely path. While I have some friends and family cheering me on, the vast majority of people's reaction to my decision has been shock and "muted" responses. I know that will quickly change if I can become "successful" with my pursuit, and I don't really need anyone's approval. Regardless, I've really wanted to meet, network, and grow with others following a same path (and those who have succeeded).

So with that, just wanted to say a big Thank You to MJ DeMarco and everyone who participates in this forum. I'm looking forward to learning a lot from everyone and hopefully sharing some advice along the way!

-Nick

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
This is inspiring.

Most ordinary folks would've slaved in corporate as long as they can spend money on instant gratification and social approval boosting nonsense.

You've left a comfortable territory, so you can create a path of your own.

You deserve my complete respect and a firm handshake!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...