• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion(Review | Discuss)

INTRO 28 years old - Left 6-figure Corporate Job to launch eCommerce website

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by NickB, Jan 21, 2018.

1. NickB

NickB Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $235
    Hi all, I'm happy to be here! I found this forum from a Reddit thread, but had listened to The Millionaire Fastline several years ago.

I recently, at age 28, took a layoff package from my employer of ~5 years. I was working in Corporate Finance, Strategy, Accounting, etc. I had some really great bosses and coworkers, and some really bad ones, and gathered a couple highly-esteemed and difficult certifications along the way. The last 2 years at the company were pretty rotten and pushed me towards going "all-in", so to speak. Since the end of college, my heart has always been set on going my own way. However, I never had anyone in my network that could advise or tell me how to launch my own business.

I finally took the jump about 6 months ago and launched an eCommerce retail website and blog in a growing fitness niche. I'm quite familiar with the market, I've been a fitness junkie my entire life, and saw there was an opportunity. I found some pretty good resources and guides to help me build the business. It's nothing fancy or viral, but I firmly believe in myself and my business.

I've made some great progress - going from $0 in May to about $3.7k in monthly revenue as of last month-end. It's a far cry from what I was making in my Corporate job, but I've never been more proud of myself. I've got a lot of work cut out for me, but with a lot of hours and smart decision-making, I believe I'll be able to continue growing quickly.

The biggest problem has been the lack of support in my personal/professional network. As many of you probably have experienced, entrepreneurship is a very lonely path. While I have some friends and family cheering me on, the vast majority of people's reaction to my decision has been shock and "muted" responses. I know that will quickly change if I can become "successful" with my pursuit, and I don't really need anyone's approval. Regardless, I've really wanted to meet, network, and grow with others following a same path (and those who have succeeded).

So with that, just wanted to say a big Thank You to MJ DeMarco and everyone who participates in this forum. I'm looking forward to learning a lot from everyone and hopefully sharing some advice along the way!

-Nick

KingChuck211, Fpm9, Xeon and 2 others like this.
  2. Almantas

Almantas Nothing to Lose Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,339
    This is inspiring.

Most ordinary folks would've slaved in corporate as long as they can spend money on instant gratification and social approval boosting nonsense.

You've left a comfortable territory, so you can create a path of your own.

You deserve my complete respect and a firm handshake!

NickB and Xeon like this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.