The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

WTF does Tai Lopez do?

Guru

Bouncing Soul

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 13, 2014
So between the age of 20 and 30 you can not become ''Rich''. You can get money and use it sparingly and invest it in yourself but you can not be rich ? I feel I like nothing to offer to people I'm only a student in biotech who's into fitness and play video game and read when not going on with his day.

*English ain't my first language.

No, that's not what he's saying, happily for you. :) He's saying earn some chops, which probably does include earning money, before you launch a personal brand.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
This thread just won't die.

Just like his Youtube appearances. They just won't die.

He just won't die (just as the lottery doesn't die).

Because people keep him alive (people keep buying lotto tickets).

As evidenced by this thread.

WTF does Tai Lopez do?

This thread answers its own question.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 14, 2015
Being charming is a part of how sociopaths make money.

Any time someone comes up to you (via email or real life or whatever) with speeches on making money and living the life, I think we should all ask ourselves one question;

If this person was on Shark Tank, what would Mark Cuban say?

In this example, I think he would tell Tai that he's a snake and that he should get the hell out of the studio. IMHO.

Lol. You just got owned.

Eskaroots

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 31, 2013
Quebec, Quebec
Started rereading MJ DeMarco books and it got me thinking that Tai isn't a bad intentioned person.

He's main advice is good : read more, acquire knowledge.

But by saying that he create a new type of customers. There is nothing wrong of reading more books and learn something but the problem is books can only teach you so much, even MJ say it in his books that you need a formula not just a quotes to product something.

So the above average joe who aspire to be better hop on the Tai Lopez Train and start reading. Nothing wrong here so far but you have Tai telling he have to read more and start doing more. Our average joe can't do nothing other than experiencing a shit load of performance anxiety because by his recent reading of self-help and business books he learned that time is his on'y currency. Our above average joe find himself lost in a sea of anxiety looking for a step-by-step product because he can't think by himself no more. This is where Tai Lopez gain his money he upsale all of his follower to purchase more specific program.

We can't hate the guy, he's bright he sell dream of being rich by reading books. See it like picking and dropping our above average joe fron the deep wood forest to a forest much more closer to the city and handing him a plan of his location in chinese, the problem is joe can't read chinese but he's far closer to his destination than before. On his way into the forest the same guy who put him there constantly remind him that someday he will teach him chinese, but his chinese program cost a shit load of money.

He create a relationship with his customer, he point them in the right direction ( "stop doing what you've been doing"), only to upsales them down the way.

I consider myself a "victim" of Tai Lopez. You read books and more books only to find yourself with a growing anxiety about "what is the next step". The first step was good so I can't believe the guy who share it with me is bad I must follow him he was great to me he must have something more to give. But once you see the advice given here or by Vaynerchuck, advice that are actionable, you can dismiss the fog and start walking your own journey.

All of Tai Lopez youtube video are empty of advice if you read his recommended books list, he only repeat himself, but for the new viewer everything is brand new and make sense.

Hard to not trust someone who tell you to read more books.

* english isn't my first language and I wrote this from my iPhone in safari, I apologize for any mistake made

jason91

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 15, 2015
USA
He's a very brilliant marketer, and probably intentionally aims to make some people question his legitimacy. But that gets people talking, and will lead to publicity either way.

His YouTube advertising alone cost millions and millions of dollars. The dude is obviously rich.

However as for the videos and advice he gives - I notice in almost all videos I watched he does a lot of hidden selling. So if you've studied persuasion and etc you can probably learn a lot from watching how he has grown from one Lamborghini video to Marc cuban going on his show.

He uses a lot of references to create brand association and trust. You can learn a lot by watching him.

He has lead magnets, tripwires, and upsells. His entire funnel is very smart. Revenue opportunities everywhere from info products to live events, to affiliate offers. Study what he does, not necessarily what he tells you.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 19, 2015
Northern Kentucky
The bio posted earlier is mostly accurate but Tai lives in the Hollywood hills, not Beverly Hills, and didn't even own a car until recently buying the Lambo. It appears he only bought the Lambo to pull views to his Youtube videos since that's what a lot of the younger crowd notice and respond to. Regardless of the minutia, he's obviously a very wealthy and successful guy.

And I'll add this: I went to junior high (aka "middle") school with Tai and we were friends in the seventh and eighth grades. If I were an aspiring entrepreneur I would pay some serious attention to what he has to say because to be where he is now from where he came from is pretty damn miraculous. Poor family. No father in his life. Zero advantages. He's definitely a smart guy but just like everybody else he started from nothing. He's now trying to impart what he's learned over the last 20 years in life and business that took him from broke to doing very well to anyone that will listen, mostly for free. I'm listening. I've narrowed down the list of people I gather information from to a very select few and he's one of them.
Tai Lopez says that he feels like He would at the end of his life feels like He would not contribute as much to society as He would like. Heard this from his own mouth. Is he competing with Brendon Burchard? What type of food business is Tai still in? The mansion show in the Youtube video is a rental. I do not blame him for renting it out, It is just to attract the sidewalkers.

Buickestate

any colour as long as it comes with wood
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 4, 2015
Ontario
Like you and I, Tai is many things on many levels. It's too easy to tear into his character flaws to try to discredit him. We all know that he talks in circles while trying to up-sale his audience while name dropping.

Could we not take some time and focus on what his lessons are actually trying to teach, rather than keeping the focus on the teacher?. Remove all the name dropping ,double talk, and hidden sales pitches from his various courses. What is the real point, or value from his teachings?

There's got to be something of value in his ramblings. I wonder if we could actually address the tittle of this thread "WTF does Tai Lopez do?" and answer that question with a Cole's/Cliff Notes on what benefits he is trying to teach. There is some value in his courses. What are his good tidbits ?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
For me personally, I can't/won't separate the message from the messenger.

It's down to their "why". If their "why" is coming from a good place, then I'll listen and try to learn. If their "why" is coming from a bad place then I don't want to sift through everything and work out what's helping me, and what's helping them. It's a waste of my time, and potentially dangerous. I just drop 'em.

(Of course, the pre-requisite is that I believe they know wtf they're talking about in the first place.)

There's enough wise people in the world who're coming from the right place. I'd rather learn from them instead.

Just my 2c...

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Like you and I, Tai is many things on many levels. It's too easy to tear into his character flaws to try to discredit him. We all know that he talks in circles while trying to up-sale his audience while name dropping.

Could we not take some time and focus on what his lessons are actually trying to teach, rather than keeping the focus on the teacher?. Remove all the name dropping ,double talk, and hidden sales pitches from his various courses. What is the real point, or value from his teachings?

There's got to be something of value in his ramblings. I wonder if we could actually address the tittle of this thread "WTF does Tai Lopez do?" and answer that question with a Cole's/Cliff Notes on what benefits he is trying to teach. There is some value in his courses. What are his good tidbits ?

For me personally, I can't/won't separate the message from the messenger.

It's down to their "why". If their "why" is coming from a good place, then I'll listen and try to learn. If their "why" is coming from a bad place then I don't want to sift through everything and work out what's helping me, and what's helping them. It's a waste of my time, and potentially dangerous. I just drop 'em.

(Of course, the pre-requisite is that I believe they know wtf they're talking about in the first place.)

There's enough wise people in the world who're coming from the right place. I'd rather learn from them instead.

Just my 2c...
"That's GOLD Jerry!"

I agree 100% with you @Andy Black.

If you dig thru trash long enough you'll eventually find something good enough to eat. I'm just not willing to dig thru all kinds of sh!t to get to it!

Buickestate

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 4, 2015
Ontario
Andy, I fully agree with your two cents. I think the subject of Tai isn't worth the two threads, or the nearly ten pages of comments in this thread, that he is allowed enjoys on this forum. For him it's all free publicity, good or bad it has people talking about him.

My natural curiosity simply wants to know if he has any good tibits of knowledge. I don't actually expect anyone to take the time to dig through the "Trash" and write up a post listing them in point form. Should anyone who bought from Tai feel the need to defend their
purchase, by all means list his good bits of "Nawlege" ........

I also agree that his "Why's" are at best questionable when it comes to helping others. He is clearly after financial gain. I doubt that he has much knowledge of what he is talking about, just a mere concept since he only skim's through books without actually reading them. The old saying "an individual with a little knowledge is more dangerous than the individual with none" comes to mind.

The only good thing I can personally say about Tai, is that he get's people questioning him, that leads them to google, google leads them to this thread, where they discover MJ DeMarco. That's a good thing

Andy, in my opinion you're one of them.

I have a slightly twisted sense of humour, I like to get people thinking

Truth Finder

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Jan 23, 2016
I did some deep research on Tai's past and current business, is there anything I shouldn't post here?

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
I did some deep research on Tai's past and current business, is there anything I shouldn't post here?

"Truth Finder" -- haha, relevant! My vote is go for it, please post. The title of the thread is literally "WTF does ... do?"

Truth Finder

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Jan 23, 2016
Tai Lopez aka (Taino Adrian Lopez) is relatively new to the scamming game and is a member of a "syndicate." A well done documentary on the concept is
The mission is to get the maximum amount of money from the victims by getting all of their emails and phone numbers, and rotating fake time limited offers one by one against the list. They hit them over the phone and by email at many different price points from $6,000 and down.
So Tai uses a cloaking link on his youtube videos go turn you into a "lead" to be fed into the syndicate machine.
Sometimes his link leads you to his own landing page, sometimes it takes you to a co-conspirators page.
Here are some of the members of his syndicate he promotes, and their offers.
Notice the common themes of fake time limits, fake limited supply, forcing email signup to discover price, prices that end in 7.
1. Tai himself. $697 dinner or $67 a month autobill membership or $997 accelerator. He has other upsells.
OMGmachines $699 a month for 12 months, $8,388 total
You can find him on the videos promoting this scam directly in person with Mike Long, and Liz Herrera, so he doesn't even maintain his distance from this scam.
http://nonjobs.com/dvd/ 100 dvd limit, lol. $497 dollars.
There's lots more of this, I am tired of reading it all.
What is the theme? They teach you to get "rich" doing what IS NOT making them rich.
They make sites to rank for "Tai Lopez scam" in google searches, and then use that rank to make testimonials.
Now the hard to find data. He by law was required to disclose his business activities as a broker. Tai's publicly registered government forms with FINRA http://brokercheck.finra.org/Individual/4472672 (click detailed report pdf in top left.) States he's had a total of 3 years in the insurance industry, and he's no longer licensed, and he had 2 other business activities:
1. 50% PARTNER IN THE "LEGARY LIFE GROUP" WHICH IS THE COMPANY WE FORMED TO MARKET & SELL FIXED INSURANCE PRODCUTS.
2. STARTING SMALL ONLINE BUSINESS SELLING AMISH FURNITURE

How this fits in with TAL productions LLC registered to
Tai was an insurance salesman in NC. You can see the evolution of his sales pitch over time, by clicking the snapshots up top on this site: https://web.archive.org/web/20051212064724/http://www.lifeinsurancetricks.com/
http://www.llgfinancial.com/german_garcia_fresco.php
He worked with his friend German trying to sell insurance. They registered their businesses to the same residential address. Tal We see later that they live together in California as well in 2008 as per: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1188956/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl
Trianglefiesta.com German's Latin party promo business has same business address as Tai's TAL Promotions LLC at
12211 Limebay Lane Apartment 204
Raleigh
NC 27613-7399
Phone: (919) 518-2231
Which Tai still maintains and has moved its principal office to
8581 Santa Monica Blvd # 703
West Hollywood, CA 90069-4120
As per https://www.secretary.state.nc.us/Search/profcorp/6206855
Which is a UPS STORE!
It seems like he forgot to disclose that he was running this promotions business on his FINRA form?
Why does he care to renew this company after its dissolved for failure to file in 2014? Because it owns many domains names for his scam dating sites.
http://domainbigdata.com/name/tal promotions llc
http://domainbigdata.com/name/tai lopez
http://domainbigdata.com/name/t lo
His main site tailopez.com is owned by MAS group llc, a NV corp which he used to be manager of, but allowed Maya R. Burkenroad to take over http://www.corporationwiki.com/p/2dvzk2/mas-group-llc which appears to only run Tai's business, which has the following jobs ads running:
http://www.indeed.com/cmp/Mas-Group-LLC
https://www.nvsilverflume.gov/businessSearch
Description:
An internet marketing company based in West Hollywood, which focuses on training for entrepreneurs, is seeking a digital marketing manager.
Job responsibility:
• Management of daily paid search and social campaigns, and optimization in Google, Yahoo, Bing, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube etc, including automated bid rules, search query analysis, and new keyword research.
• Monitor activity, analyze performance, and find new opportunities within paid social campaigns and ads.
• Management of paid search and social programs to meet all program goals (revenue, ROAS, repeat customer, cost per order, etc.)
• Perform split tests, copy, landing pages, promo offers to improve KPIs and CTR.
https://www.appone.com/maininforeq....tp://www.indeed.com/cmp/Mas-Group-LLC&B_ID=91
You can chart the scams progress in life by the domains age. Tai came from nothing, defrauded some folks with fake dating sites, and moved on to better scams by joining a syndicate and hitting it big on social media. If he had any other non scam success, he would call it out by name, as other successful people do, and enjoy the free publicity for his other business. And he'd have other domains in his name with age. And he'd have other corporate filings in his name with age. And he'd have testimonials from the past and photos from the past, and promotions from the past. Sadly, because he is a scam artist, what he has is a very well invented present, and ads out for 9 new employees to help him take people's money.

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
May 5, 2015
California
Hmm... if you add up 697+67+997=1761.
And when you research historical events in 1761:
May 22nd - 1st life insurance policy in North America issued in Philadelphia

TAILLUMINATI
wGCCqW5q10sYFMKeB9jHZbdRRpNkhnnZZn6Lk8CEW3KJH_JirsKmCtrltXVAoKjE_2E=w300

Last edited:

James_L

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 9, 2015
Andy, I fully agree with your two cents. I think the subject of Tai isn't worth the two threads, or the nearly ten pages of comments in this thread, that he is allowed enjoys on this forum. For him it's all free publicity, good or bad it has people talking about him.

My natural curiosity simply wants to know if he has any good tibits of knowledge. I don't actually expect anyone to take the time to dig through the "Trash" and write up a post listing them in point form. Should anyone who bought from Tai feel the need to defend their
purchase, by all means list his good bits of "Nawlege" ........
testo.jpg

I also agree that his "Why's" are at best questionable when it comes to helping others. He is clearly after financial gain. I doubt that he has much knowledge of what he is talking about, just a mere concept since he only skim's through books without actually reading them. The old saying "an individual with a little knowledge is more dangerous than the individual with none" comes to mind.

The only good thing I can personally say about Tai, is that he get's people questioning him, that leads them to google, google leads them to this thread, where they discover MJ DeMarco. That's a good thing

Andy, in my opinion you're one of them.

I have a slightly twisted sense of humour, I like to get people thinking
If anything, you can learn some serious marketing/video marketing tips from this guy. He knows how to sell his stuff, even if it is fluff. I watched some of the videos and some of the recommendations are legit. A lot of water, too though.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Does he own the house in the video that he says he owns?

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
May 5, 2015
California
If anything, you can learn some serious marketing/video marketing tips from this guy. He knows how to sell his stuff, even if it is fluff. I watched some of the videos and some of the recommendations are legit. A lot of water, too though.
I've watched one of his online talks before (I can't find it now, of course) and actually wanted to see it from a producer point of view rather than a consumer point of view. Noticed price justification everywhere. Hell, he even went in depth to explain the science behind the benefits of making decisions quickly, yet not too quickly, but not too late, either. He's meh with selling, I think he's better at marketing.

Side question for you @James_L how do you have negative rep??

Does he own the house in the video that he says he owns?
Who knows. His older videos have all been done in the infamous "here in my garage" house. Even checking out his website with the waybackmachine you can see the same house in his book reviews (which one of his buddies now uses for one of his websites, I guess). He started renting a penthouse when he began pushing his new programs/courses and for doing his live talks. A few months after he ended up in that mansion. I actually find it funny when people believe he's been renting a Lamborghini and Ferrari + a mansion for so long, as if it doesn't cost money to rent things. Once I realized the time I put in (too much, albeit not much in reality) to realizing all this stuff, I threw it in the "eh, don't care" bin and moved on.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

The fundamental question is whether or not it is fake. He uses possessions to demonstrate his worth. If it is authenticated that the possessions are not his, or even if he has a mortgage on them, then the whole charade is bullshit.

wilddog

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto
http://nonjobs.com/dvd/ 100 dvd limit, lol. $497 dollars.
There's lots more of this, I am tired of reading it all.

Awwww F*ck. Not Elliott Hulse too.....
For those who don't know, he's got an awesome fitness channel on youtube. Seemed like a raw and real dude...so much for that....

Last edited:

Buickestate

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 4, 2015
Ontario
The fundamental question is whether or not it is fake. He uses possessions to demonstrate his worth. If it is authenticated that the possessions are not his, or even if he has a mortgage on them, then the whole charade is bullshit.

I wrote something similar in one of my first posts on this forum in my introduction thread,

"That's actually's MJ's garage where Tai lives and makes his videos right?"

I have a question, since he does use these possessions in an attempt to demonstrate his worth, what's the worth of those who would be attracted by those possessions?

bigwake03

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 2, 2016
Not sure if he bought the mansion or is renting. He stated that he owns it on a Periscope broadcast. The guy that owns it has the house next door as well. Owner is a foreigner, fashion designer. There is no public record of a recent sale.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

benhebert

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Dec 3, 2012
Traveling
Props to the guy for making money off of ________.

People make money in a lot more horrible ways. Not sure what all of the hate here is for.

If he's not for you, then ignore.

One guy I love (who's absolutely INSANE) is Rich Piana. Big presence, insane (yeah I said it again), and definitely crushes it.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
you guys that focus on the cars / house are missing the forest for the trees.

Let's assume that he owns them 100%. Clearly he has money. Do you listen to what he says then?

What if he got that money from scam auto-bill-into-infinity dating sites? Would you still listen then?

The point isn't whether or not he has the money to buy a house in BH or a lambo or rents them ( as if people without money can rent a house in BH / lambo for years on end ), it's how he got the money.

teabag

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jun 21, 2013
Australia
Just an FYI, he has a live stream now. I think this is the first time I've witnessed someone trying to force people to buy their program.

They use fancy words and figurative numbers in hopes the gullible purchase their "Accelerator Program" for $997.00

Where is the success stories from this guy? I stopped following him on all social media and his HEAD STILL POPS UP .

https://www.facebook.com/TaiLopezOf...8215373727/?type=2&theater&notif_t=live_video

Greens

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 12, 2016
Chicago, IL
Yeah, I got sucked into the 67 bucks program. I watched all the videos, I've seen many of his live streams daily, I've followed his book of the day.

Truth be told, if it wasn't for Tai Lopez, I never would have started reading as much as I did, and I never would have read The Millionaire Fastlane .

As far as what he says, there is alot of value there, but at the same time, if one expects a real roadmap, forgetaboudit!

There is no system laid out to follow, he isn't selling a get rich quick method. But he does have alot of good insight. You can watch most of his videos and live stream for free. You can even find the 67 steps for free. You can watch his book of the day videos for free as he gives you some of the main points to the books.

So to answer the question, WTF does Tai Lopez do? He set up a system to sell you fragments of knowledge (through video) for a reoccurring payment of $67. He lives the fastlane life by giving you access to his videos, recommending books, and wowing you with his youtube ad.

I personally think if he didn't have those mad scientist glasses he wouldn't be nearly as popular.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.