The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

WTF does Tai Lopez do?

Guru

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I did a quick comparison and this thread may be the most trafficked on the forum.

Holy shitstick! I knew it grabbed eyeballs, but I had no idea it had that many views! 1M!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
I've checked out his youtube channel recently

He does have very informational videos on his channel

Some I have found useful, he also has an entertaining personality too in his videos

Greens

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 12, 2016
Chicago, IL
I've checked out his youtube channel recently

He does have very informational videos on his channel

Some I have found useful, he also has an entertaining personality too in his videos

I always get something useful from every video. He doesn't claim to have the roadmap to wealth, but listening to enough of his videos could aid in a paradigm shift for many people. His live streams always have some type of guest or inventor of something that went big. I always get something useful from the live streams. I didn't ask for a refund of my $67. To me it was worth it. To each their own. I'll just sip my tea.

icon8

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 18, 2016
Tai Lopez, Elliot Hulse, Alex Becker & many others are all friends with Tyler from RSD. Tyler is an A+ expert at introducing people. Tai throws these sick mansion parties in LA where lots of entrepreneurs, business owners, socialites, club promoters etc get together. Everyone networks and has great fun. Tai knows his shit, the dude is a baller, but he doesn't teach it. His public persona is a character, and the content he teaches is dumbed down hugely so the mainstream masses can take it in, that's why his course is so insanely profitable. He was doing okay before but not real big money, now he's absolutely rolling in it. The lambo was only a gallardo, they cost like $70k and you can finance them if you buy through a dealer. Anyone with a half decent middle management job can afford one. I don't know about the Ferrari, and as far as I understand the mansions are on long term lease for a pretty reasonable price somewhat bellow market, it pays to know good people. And Tai is fantastic at knowing everyone.

MAU

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Mar 10, 2016
Silver Spring Maryland
Tai Lopez, Elliot Hulse, Alex Becker & many others are all friends with Tyler from RSD. Tyler is an A+ expert at introducing people. Tai throws these sick mansion parties in LA where lots of entrepreneurs, business owners, socialites, club promoters etc get together. Everyone networks and has great fun. Tai knows his shit, the dude is a baller, but he doesn't teach it. His public persona is a character, and the content he teaches is dumbed down hugely so the mainstream masses can take it in, that's why his course is so insanely profitable. He was doing okay before but not real big money, now he's absolutely rolling in it. The lambo was only a gallardo, they cost like $70k and you can finance them if you buy through a dealer. Anyone with a half decent middle management job can afford one. I don't know about the Ferrari, and as far as I understand the mansions are on long term lease for a pretty reasonable price somewhat bellow market, it pays to know good people. And Tai is fantastic at knowing everyone.

Totally agree with your statement. Tai Lopez's greatest strength is his ability to network. Being able to do that will open doors to be able to hob nob and rub shoulders with notables.

that being said I have listened to his courses and they are legit, nothing groundbreaking, but for people who are not familiar with Jim Rohn, Brian Tracy, Etc. they can get a lot out of it. Understand, he is not a scam in the sense that he does give clients what he says but also he does not give "How to start a Business" advice, " get Rich quick..." or any other in that genre.

If anyone has questions on his products, I would love to discuss.

MAU

OVOvince

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 18, 2014
can someone explain to me why does someone legit like Mark Cuban associate with scammers?

I see him with that one guy Daymond John all the time in pictures, they are on shark tank and whatnot, but even Daymond is a scammer.

I think i've seen even Warren Buffet acknowledge that the pyramid scheme model is a great business model, which to me is essentially telling people to use others like puppets if I'm not mistaken. How come high profile guys are seen mingling with something that MJ and the rest of the veterans on board here tell us to steer away from?

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Props to the guy for making money off of ________.

People make money in a lot more horrible ways. Not sure what all of the hate here is for.

If he's not for you, then ignore.

One guy I love (who's absolutely INSANE) is Rich Piana. Big presence, insane (yeah I said it again), and definitely crushes it.
"Big" presence. Lol. Yup. And I like that guy too.

ZMan26

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Mar 13, 2016
Sunny Florida
Just saw a commercial by him today. I think it was on Youtube.
He shows a black Lamborghini he claims to own.
WTF does he do? I haven't seen him do anything except talk about books, books, books
and utter an endless stream of platitudes.
Is he just some kind of self-styled success guru or does he have a real business?
Is he trying to be the next Warren Buffet? The next Brian Tracy?
I heard Warren Buffet is always reading.
I don't have time to read a bunch of general advice anymore.
I just need to hustle and get a lot of work done.
I got a bunch of good work done today, which is good.
I think I'm in the zone now.

He read so many books that one day the bank called him and said : " well you know so much, we might as well just hand you the money cuz you'll probably kill it anyways... " lol

He's an internet marketer... with a huge budget ( probably has some company behind him, otherwise theres no way he could afford the youtube advertising... )

And by " read a book a day " he means go through books briefly and get nothing out of them.. thats what he does lol
No way that anyone can read MJs book in a day for instance and actually have some value out of it... imo in order to get real value from a book you need to stall on it and not read it in 5 minutes just to announce " I read a book a day !! " ha...

blueoceanblues

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Feb 1, 2015
Florida
During one of his livestreams I won the iPad Mini giveaway contests (It was the iPad Mini 2 $275 model).

Took forever to get it. But it was legit. Won in Dec, got it at the end of Jan.

Tai... hmm what can I say. The main thing I learned from him is to turn everything you've experienced into a story. Then, connect your stories to the stories of famous people, philosophers, business titans etc..

Takeaway: Load your life with cool unique experiences, extract from them "lessons" and package them into bite sized easy to digest anecdotes that you can regurgitate at will. OVER AND OVER AND OVER. Why say anything new when you can say something old?

Tai's a master at that. Master story based marketer. Also Tai seems like a guy who measures and tracks everything. Nothing is left to chance. If you see a piece of lint on his shirt, he put it there so you can notice it...

Make it look like what you are prescribing folks to do now....is EXACTLY what you did to get out of your situation. (Generally it's more complicated than that, but they don't have to know the details).

Also.. People love rags to riches. Build your "I used to eat cold spaghetti noodles with ketchup and now I dine with Victoria Secret Angels" stories. Let the unwashed masses feel like you are one of them at your core....

You're not one of them. But let them feel like you are. LOL.

Also.. Flaunt your wealth subtly, but be sure to disdain it too (seems to work well on millennials)... say things like "You know....I know what it's like to go without....came from a single mother home....grew up in the hood....slept on a couch....lived without a toilet for 2 years (Amish), and worked on a farm...." Never let them feel like you are distant from the 'struggle'.

They have major limiting beliefs about displays of wealth while intensely lusting after it...

Struggle sells.

Depending on your audience, always write in the spirit of "I spent $100k on a new Patek Phillippe watch but....I don't like watches, and people are so shallow to judge on appearances.....")

....but keep the watch. Use it to forge new connections.

Do as they do, not as they say.

Back to Tai and the masses.

They want a checklist.

Give the people a 100% foolproof checklist of things to do before they can improve their station in life. Steps. We need steps!

Make it long too. Almost every lesson is 45 minutes long?! WOW IT HAS TO BE EXACTLY WHAT I NEED!

Use a weird number too. 67 is perfect. Big wierd number? Gotta be true.

I went through that 'program' when it was free. It was pretty cool. Terrible back end, clunky, and unfinished...the last 'step' was recorded at a live conference he spoke at.

Top takeaway from 67 Steps?

Tell stories. Read more so you can tell stories. Experience more so you can tell stories. Etc.

He understands that better than anyone I've seen.

Was his content new or unique and different? In some ways. But most 'goo-roos' are just repackaging Napolean Hill's The Laws of Success / Think and Grow Rich / Outwitting the Devil (original manuscript) and Jim Rohn. (Of course sprinkle in some NLP).

But Tai takes it further...he adds the opinions of neuroscientists, social psychologists, billionaire investors, elite athletes, concentration camp survivors, top bodybuilders, and world changing philosophers and religious figures.

Are you going to disagree with all those guys?

I thought so.

(As you see, I'm having a bit of fun with this one too).

D

Deleted20833

During one of his livestreams I won the iPad Mini giveaway contests (It was the iPad Mini 2 $275 model).

Took forever to get it. But it was legit. Won in Dec, got it at the end of Jan.

Tai... hmm what can I say. The main thing I learned from him is to turn everything you've experienced into a story. Then, connect your stories to the stories of famous people, philosophers, business titans etc..

Takeaway: Load your life with cool unique experiences, extract from them "lessons" and package them into bite sized easy to digest anecdotes that you can regurgitate at will. OVER AND OVER AND OVER. Why say anything new when you can say something old?

Tai's a master at that. Master story based marketer. Also Tai seems like a guy who measures and tracks everything. Nothing is left to chance. If you see a piece of lint on his shirt, he put it there so you can notice it...

Make it look like what you are prescribing folks to do now....is EXACTLY what you did to get out of your situation. (Generally it's more complicated than that, but they don't have to know the details).

Also.. People love rags to riches. Build your "I used to eat cold spaghetti noodles with ketchup and now I dine with Victoria Secret Angels" stories. Let the unwashed masses feel like you are one of them at your core....

You're not one of them. But let them feel like you are. LOL.

Also.. Flaunt your wealth subtly, but be sure to disdain it too (seems to work well on millennials)... say things like "You know....I know what it's like to go without....came from a single mother home....grew up in the hood....slept on a couch....lived without a toilet for 2 years (Amish), and worked on a farm...." Never let them feel like you are distant from the 'struggle'.

They have major limiting beliefs about displays of wealth while intensely lusting after it...

Struggle sells.

Depending on your audience, always write in the spirit of "I spent $100k on a new Patek Phillippe watch but....I don't like watches, and people are so shallow to judge on appearances.....")

....but keep the watch. Use it to forge new connections.

Do as they do, not as they say.

Back to Tai and the masses.

They want a checklist.

Give the people a 100% foolproof checklist of things to do before they can improve their station in life. Steps. We need steps!

Make it long too. Almost every lesson is 45 minutes long?! WOW IT HAS TO BE EXACTLY WHAT I NEED!

Use a weird number too. 67 is perfect. Big wierd number? Gotta be true.

I went through that 'program' when it was free. It was pretty cool. Terrible back end, clunky, and unfinished...the last 'step' was recorded at a live conference he spoke at.

Top takeaway from 67 Steps?

Tell stories. Read more so you can tell stories. Experience more so you can tell stories. Etc.

He understands that better than anyone I've seen.

Was his content new or unique and different? In some ways. But most 'goo-roos' are just repackaging Napolean Hill's The Laws of Success / Think and Grow Rich / Outwitting the Devil (original manuscript) and Jim Rohn. (Of course sprinkle in some NLP).

But Tai takes it further...he adds the opinions of neuroscientists, social psychologists, billionaire investors, elite athletes, concentration camp survivors, top bodybuilders, and world changing philosophers and religious figures.

Are you going to disagree with all those guys?

I thought so.

(As you see, I'm having a bit of fun with this one too).

That was epic

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Daymo...ric-Brown-George-Fuchs-Ted-Kingsberry-1253787

his seminar material also gives it away but a lot of people who are new to business cannot tell

@MAU

I read the ripoff alert on Daymond. This type of model is really typical, and I ran into it myself in a different venue.

Shortly after I got laid off, my wife saw a Facebook advertisement for a "Real Estate Seminar" By Cristina and Tarek of Flip or Flop fame (television show on flipping houses). It was free, and we already had a rental so I figured why not go and see if I could learn something.

Huge waste of time. It's a massive sales pitch. Two hours with no actionable information and an attempt to upsell their $1997 weekend training seminar. Apparently when you get to the training seminar it's an even bigger pitch to max out your credit cards and get the $50k personal mentoring.

thankfully, I'm not a rube. When I heard the $2,000 price drop I bailed out and took my freebies with me. I looked it up on bigger pockets, and such scams are rampant in the real estate industry.

Apparently Daymond John is now involved in something similar.

*** edit - DJ replied to the RoR claim and rebuts it. For whatever that is worth. ***

What I don't understand is how these celebrities attach their names to something so shady.

Sorry, that was a little off topic. But I hope nobody here falls for that shit. There are legitimate mentoring opportunities out there but they don't start with a paid conference.

MAU

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Mar 10, 2016
Silver Spring Maryland
If you guys ever taken Eben Pagan courses...a lot of
what Tai talks about Eben talks about too

Eben Pagans course is called Accelerate
Tai Lopez course is called Accelerator

I have been part of Eben Pagan's "Start Up Club" and found what you said to be correct but with one major difference, Eben's course offers actionable items and check off lists to do, where I found Tai does not.

Also have to add in, looking at both of their works, eighty percent of what they teach can be found online in varying forms (YouTube posts, student critiques, etc.) so before you put out money ask yourself if the additional twenty percent is worth it.

MAU

blueoceanblues

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Feb 1, 2015
Florida

LOL. This guy is brilliant.

11 Secrets that millionaires know?

MJ! YOU GOT SOME 'SPLAININ TO DO!! DIDN'T READ THIS IN TMF !

TAI GOT DA NEW SECRETZ! MJ IS OLD NEWZ! (Joking of course, your book changed my life).

Tai: "Think about back in school...you never learn what you truly need to know" <-- EVERYONE on the planet can relate to being shortchanged in school....so everything Tai says now is positioned against that experience....thus making him more trustworthy.

Lesson: Construct an opponent whom no one in their right mind can side with. Nobody will agree that the school system did its job 100%. Bonus: Let them go back and grab their own emotionally charged memory of how they were 'done wrong'....)

Tai's "Laws"

#1 "VRIN" Score.

W T F is that shit TAI?! You're right, nobody told me about VRIN SCORE! I'VE BEEN HAD!

"Value, Rarity, Inimitability, and Non-Substitution"

WHAT?!?! Is this a Jay Abraham seminar? Less $50 words please. (Nobody knows his way around a thesaurus like Jay Abraham..."you must consider the opportunities that lie adjacent, alongside, bordering, and contiguous to your current business...")

Huh?!

PLEASE EXPLAIN TAI!!!!

Tai: "Now I don't know if I'm going to explain all of those....."

Aww man Tai... How am I gonna feed my kids if you won't hand over the secrets!?

Tai: "...then I'll show you how you can learn all of them if you want to know"

F*ck, why am I watching this goddamn video for if you're going to show me in ANOTHER video.

Lesson: "The princess is (always) in another castle" Always have them chasing your carrots.

Or you can just Google it. http://www.mbaskool.com/business-concepts/marketing-and-strategy-terms/2859-vrin-barney.html

#2 Wealth Index

W T F is this shit?!

"Wealth index is an index of how well you accumulate.....and for example *insert story about Doctors*"

Confused.

"Some millionaires don't know it, but the good ones do" <-- (subconsciously) I'm one of the good millionaires.

I'm one of the good ones AND I'm going to teach you.

Lesson: Never identify totally with any group. Always try to position yourself with the 'good' ones. Put crudely, even whores want to be known as good whores. "I may be a ho, but I mean well. I have a heart of gold"

#3 Trend Stacking

(This is actually one of his good ideas, but it can be found within James Altucher's concept of "idea-sex", basically relating 2 or more unrelated concepts in order to create something new).

"This one secret alone...is a secret of billionaries...we can go to another level" For a price of course.

#4 Nudist Buddhist

Basically, don't be too weird. *told in story form*. In short, learn how to present your idea so you don't scare away investors...or anyone you are trying to woo.

Lesson: Don't be afraid to share your same stories over and over. He uses this one alot on his podcasts and 67 steps. ...A story should never be told just once..

Summary

I like how he intentionally acts lost or unorganized. Check 8:51 for a masterclass..."I don't want to bore you"

Seriously? I'm broke, on my couch with a cheap a$$ Dell laptop running Windows XP watching this in 144p so it doesn't overheat and I just had cold spaghetti with ketchup for breakfast and I'm here raring to learn 11 secrets only millionaires know but you're afraid you may be BORING ME?!

DUDE I WANT TO CHANGE MY LIFE! lmao....

11 Secrets, only get 4. LOL. The whole vid is just lead gen for his talk...

ALWAYS...keep that princess in another castle.

Again, havin some fun here.

D

Deleted20833

I have been part of Eben Pagan's "Start Up Club" and found what you said to be correct but with one major difference, Eben's course offers actionable items and check off lists to do, where I found Tai does not.

Also have to add in, looking at both of their works, eighty percent of what they teach can be found online in varying forms (YouTube posts, student critiques, etc.) so before you put out money ask yourself if the additional twenty percent is worth it.

MAU

Course and whatnot have an extremely low chances of success

My guesses are

1) You don't REALLY believe it'll work for YOU
2) No accountability

Nothing beats an in person mentor

1) You learn through osmosis (you see that it DOES work)
2) Accountability (My sales trainer told me I don't want to see you lose your smile for at least the next 4 hours and would check in on my every 30 minutes)
3) Fix your mistakes in real time (Smile more!)

John Robert

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Mar 19, 2014
Very smart marketer. As always, the best stuff is seen in what they (marketers) DO not what they SAY.

Ive been to his offices, houses, etc and seen his entire operation...its legit.

Hes got 40-50 people working for him fulltime... sales, marketing, Audio visual people, support, hr, mgmt etc.

He runs a very solid company (he has other people run it for him actually.....even smarter), and i estimate he does ~50mm/year.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
He's the guy who randomly invites you to "check out my garage."

eekern

BOBA
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 21, 2015
Norway
It is funny how we tend to hate on those who blow up. This thread is the most watch on the forum, the traffic/eyeballs Tai is getting is INSANE !

insane attention = haters...

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
My initial impression of Tai was very low, but I've really come to appreciate how good he is at what he does as a marketer. No need to buy his products, simply pay attention to things he does to sell them (as others here have pointed out). He is a master at it.

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
He read so many books that one day the bank called him and said : " well you know so much, we might as well just hand you the money cuz you'll probably kill it anyways... " lol

He's an internet marketer... with a huge budget ( probably has some company behind him, otherwise theres no way he could afford the youtube advertising... )

And by " read a book a day " he means go through books briefly and get nothing out of them.. thats what he does lol
No way that anyone can read MJs book in a day for instance and actually have some value out of it... imo in order to get real value from a book you need to stall on it and not read it in 5 minutes just to announce " I read a book a day !! " ha...

Story of every loser I meet 50 times a day...

Fact: Tai creates more value than you ever will, which is why he's rich, and you're not.

"probably has some company behind him" wtf does that even mean... obviously you're confused about... well, everything.

Good luck.

ZMan26

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Mar 13, 2016
Sunny Florida
Story of every loser I meet 50 times a day...

Fact: Tai creates more value than you ever will, which is why he's rich, and you're not.

"probably has some company behind him" wtf does that even mean... obviously you're confused about... well, everything.

Good luck.

"tai creates value " what "Value " ? same 'value ' affiliate marketers create when they sell " a business in a box" to 50 year old women who want to get rich online "fast" ? theres no value there...

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.