The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Took a Hiatus - Doing Too Many Things At Once Is Not The Way

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Hey all! JP here!

It's been some time since I've posted on here... I see that there have been a number of changes around here.. New Digs and I'm liking the color scheme and seems like all the fast-lane dollars are gone. Its been an interesting journey since I've started in 2016.

For those who have followed me in the past year alone, I've been all over the place without one true focus. I went from one money making gig to another and never wrapped up anything before jumping, i could call it an action-fake but it was more so not staying focused. And in the end of April/March I was in the middle of doing maybe 5 or 6 different ideas and trying to juggle my time with each one along with my job and family...

Then what happened in April/March was the inevitable, I never thought it would happen to me but I got burnt out.. It started as procrastination and telling myself I'll do it tomorrow and I just need a break. I would sit spaced out and would get stressed about the stuff that didn't get done. This cycle only got worse when I started to get migraines and serious headaches in the matter of a few weeks. Also what wasn't helping, I was getting up around 4 am and going to bed at around 10-11, yet not getting as much done as I would've liked aka stressed out even more. So i decided to enjoy myself in the afternoons and get some sleep for a month or so.. It really helped, I was able to sleep and feel fully rested and not worry about what I had to do at home to get more done. (I kept working with my current clients but no sales or added work/hustle)

I understand that on here Jobs are not the ideal way to get on the fast lane... However it comes down to risk assessment. I have 3 kids, mortgage, and student loans that the job can give some sort of predictability. I am learning a lot of things regarding manufacturing, electroplating, anodizing and surface finishing. Which is an field that that automotive and hardware depends on heavily and opportunities are opening up left and right due to the boomers dominance in the field compared to other markets out there. I do see an opportunity to eventually open up a business relevant to the career path I'm going down on.

It comes down to risk management. Right now risk tolerance is not high enough to drop my job and dive into a business. I have the obligation to my children, make sure they have a roof above their house, food on the table.

BUT I'm not calling it quits... I'm going to be smarter about my time, how I work, and how i decide to spend my money.

I'm going to focus on 2 things for the time being... My Web Design/programming abilities and selling said abilities. Which means I might be working as a freelancer for the time being, but until I can get my cash flow to be positive and my debts paid off. Then once I can build some capital with some credit leverage, I'll be starting up a 'sweaty' type of business that can operate on the weekends only. I have some ideas in mind, but first I want to get my net worth up in the green.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
Welcome back man. Glad to hear that it sounds like you've learned from the past and have a plan moving forward. G'luck!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I understand that on here Jobs are not the ideal way to get on the fast lane

I disagree with that assessment, they're a applicable means to an end. Especially if you have greater responsibilities to bear as you mentioned.

Welcome back.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
I disagree with that assessment, they're a applicable means to an end. Especially if you have greater responsibilities to bear as you mentioned.

Welcome back.

Thank you sir!

Looking forward to contributing here again!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.