The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Deaf and Daft, getting my first sale

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Hey all,

Once again JP here, I joined a couple of weeks ago and introduced myself. After reading through this forum for a week and it feels like a good group of people on there that genuinely want to help, so I’m going to set up this progress thread. Also, I’m going to share a bit more about myself. I was born profoundly Deaf to very young blue-collared parents 27 years ago. Doctors and the medical community told my parents that I would not be capable of reading past 2nd-grade level if they didn’t cut my skull open and shove a computer in my ear canal. Which my parents (thankfully) noped out of and 18 years later I graduated in the top 15 of a rather large and prestigious HS regardless of some teachers saying I’ll be struggling to graduate because of my disability (which I’ll rather call enability).

Ended up in Rochester Institute of Technology graduated with a BS in Chemistry, hopped around awhile with jobs in the manufacturing industry and teaching at a Deaf school realizing that I’m not satisfied. Still itching for something so I started an online MBA program which I will graduate in April with student loans, which I understand now is slow lane mentality but I only have a few classes left, might as well go for it.

Over the course of my early adulthood journey, I’ve accumulated three, way cool kids and a very tolerable wife. Right now with the mortgage and student loans, my total debt is approximately 200k. Which is my first Fastlane goal to drive down all of my debts down to zero and then continue to flip the net profit to be an eventual penta-billionaire. (beating Mark Cuban) I have gone through my entire life of people telling me things were impossible, and I’ve proven them wrong time and time again. I plan on continuing this trend, and this is only my first step to real success.

Now putting myself aside, digging through this forum I'm learning a lot about several different strategies to make money some faster than others. The biggest thing I’m getting so far from this forum is a simple fact, get some F*cking sales no matter what it is. My current plan is to start importing and selling on eBay I set up a spreadsheet with formulas which I will share with you guys for some feedback and maybe you can use it. I have gone over perhaps a few hundred different products over the past week and end up with some pretty good prospects. Currently, I am in negotiation with some Manufactures/suppliers from Alibaba, so I can import and sell some who will get my first small goal, netting my first damn dollar.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• Possible Products (Example).xlsx
    12.4 KB · Views: 127
G

GuestUser155

It's refreshing to see that someone with a major disability enability was able to nut up, while others on this forum still wallow in their own self-imposed doubt.

A few quick notes:

It's more about adding value to a person than just "strategies to make money." I noticed one of the item on your excel sheet was "Shuffleboard Puck." How is your shuffleboard puck adding any value? How is it better than the competitions? What problem are you solving? What's your Unique Selling Perspective?

Does your eBay start, end at eBay? eBay is not the best place for mass generic market (hell, even Amazon is pretty saturated and low barrier to entry). If you have a solid USP, I'd recommend looking into private label and then Amazon or an ecommerce base (like Shopify).

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
It's refreshing to see that someone with a major disability enability was able to nut up, while others on this forum still wallow in their own self-imposed doubt.

A few quick notes:

It's more about adding value to a person than just "strategies to make money." I noticed one of the item on your excel sheet was "Shuffleboard Puck." How is your shuffleboard puck adding any value? How is it better than the competitions? What problem are you solving? What's your Unique Selling Perspective?

Does your eBay start, end at eBay? eBay is not the best place for mass generic market (hell, even Amazon is pretty saturated and low barrier to entry). If you have a solid USP, I'd recommend looking into private label and then Amazon or an ecommerce base (like Shopify).

To be honest with you, I have no real direction yet. I literally finished the millionaire fast lane sometime 2 weeks ago and got on this forum last week. I don't have any major plans yet but I am taking action and trying to make my little money soldiers to recruit more money soldiers when I do find a need I can have more capital to steam forward on a private label.

As for the shuffleboard pucks it was one of the examples that i looked into and wasn't planning on acting on because i don't see myself fulfilling a certain need with that product. It was just to show what the spreadsheet was capable of. I wasn't going to share my prospects on here just yet but that made me reposition myself with my possible products so thank you.

I admit that this journey will be more challenging for me than most because i am limited to emails and text communication rather than phone calls and face to face chats on skype which i see a lot of recommendations of doing so but that just means I need to type sexy.

samuraijack

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 27, 2014
New York, New York
Ever thought about fastlane opportunities in the deaf area? You are intamately experience in it while most people are not.

Publishing books on:
Deaf and being a father
Deaf and family
Deaf and graduating a good school
Your struggle and what helped you (this could help younger folks going through the same thing)

Educational courses that you taught in Deaf school

Deaf and Dating (Sounds like a good name to me lol)

Youtube opportunities to brand yourself

product ideas:
"Growing up deaf...I wish I had"
"Going through college deaf...I wish I had"
"Working at a company deaf..I wish I had"

Just throwing some ideas out here.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Ever thought about fastlane opportunities in the deaf area? You are intamately experience in it while most people are not.

Publishing books on:
Deaf and being a father
Deaf and family
Deaf and graduating a good school
Your struggle and what helped you (this could help younger folks going through the same thing)

Educational courses that you taught in Deaf school

Deaf and Dating (Sounds like a good name to me lol)

Youtube opportunities to brand yourself

product ideas:

Just throwing some ideas out here.

Thanks i really like some of your ideas, I have attempted to sell a tshirt ecommerce store on shopify with deaf culture references that bombed and left me with almost 2k in inventory. I learned the hard way, things dont always workout the way you expect them to. I sold all of the shirts on a major discount to break even and shut the store down so i can get onto the next venture.

The books and stuff are definitely on my to-do list, but I'm holding onto that card until I build up my personal brand. Also if I established a youtube channel, it would be limited to a deaf audience because speaking clearly isn't my strength and i want to reach to as many people as i can.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Ok,

I might be a bit all over the place and don’t really have a plan yet. So I went back to THE book and re-read some sections from it. From what I’m hearing is that I need to fulfill a need, either locally or internationally. After some brainstorming and writing down random ideas on my Microsoft note app, I think I might stick to the basics for my first move. There is tons of local businesses near my house and is in one of the fastest growing suburbs in Indianapolis therefore there will be more small businesses coming along. Starting simple, I can reach out to the older blue collar businesses and offer to build a website for them that will allow them to have an online presence. Now I don’t have a lot of web building experience outside of wordpress and themes at the moment. However, if I can lock down a sale I have a reason to learn and learn on the pedal to the metal. My goal for today is to find 20 businesses that might need a website and my services.

-JP

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Using Google maps, I was looking around for businesses that had blanks in the spot for their websites to be implanted. I came across this, http://www.launchfishers.com/ which is less than 10 minutes away from my house. After looking at their prices, it seems like they're trying to suction funding from wantapreuners, so what's your take on places like this. Should I try and go and network or avoid it all together?

G

GuestUser155

Using Google maps, I was looking around for businesses that had blanks in the spot for their websites to be implanted. I came across this, http://www.launchfishers.com/ which is less than 10 minutes away from my house. After looking at their prices, it seems like they're trying to suction funding from wantapreuners, so what's your take on places like this. Should I try and go and network or avoid it all together?

Don't see what you'd need them for (unless you're trying to fix up their already decent website). I'd stay away from them just because of the predatory air at this point in your journey. They're likely to get you into their services, unless you've got something you can offer them that is (besides your cash and time).

Also, I wouldn't recommend posting your finds (biz ops) here. Your work is likely to get sniped on the outside (but less so on the inside).

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Don't see what you'd need them for (unless you're trying to fix up their already decent website). I'd stay away from them just because of the predatory air at this point in your journey. They're likely to get you into their services, unless you've got something you can offer them that is (besides your cash and time).

Yeah That's what i thought, but just noticed them and was curious what was the general feeling about those "launch" centers here on the fastlane forum.

Also, I wouldn't recommend posting your finds (biz ops) here. Your work is likely to get sniped on the outside (but less so on the inside).

Ok, I'll keep my business opportunities on the hush hush and keep updating my progress on a generic scale.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Yeah...anything that is a 'good idea' and could be implemented by starting small and building from there should not get posted online (or talked about with people you don't trust). If its something that would take a ton of effort to launch, then talk away.

I, for example, talk openly about the fact that my company writes custom business software. (best of luck to anyone who wants to get into that space).

I don't mention anything about the several products I'm in the process of building, though.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Ok,

Now I’ve put in maybe 3-4 hours in looking at local businesses, it seems like a lot of people already have websites, but I see a few that can be improved so I put those on my list which I only have maybe 4 or 5 possible prospects. I’m not sure if I can make room to go in person. (I still have a job from 8-5). So I might try to look into their hours and see what times I can show up and communicate with them. ( My challenge would try and talk to them since I can’t hear and an interpreter is not going to be there). My strategy would be to use Google’s mic on my android phone and transcribe what they’re saying, and I’ll write out/type what I have to say. (this is what will be uncomfortable for me and can be a make or break for my sale) .

Another thing is that I realized after looking around on eBay, there is a way for me to make money on the side. I have a 3d printer at home, and I’ll be able to print out some little trinkets and sell them for small amounts on the dollar. The plastic that I consume to printout, an object will only cost me cents where I can sell them for whole dollars.

Have a good one; I’m gonna keep on hustling. I still have 15 more to add on my list, and my goal is to finish that list by tonight. See which businesses are open on the weekend and maybe go to 3 or 4 of them tomorrow with my son.

JP

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Ok,

Now I’ve put in maybe 3-4 hours in looking at local businesses, it seems like a lot of people already have websites, but I see a few that can be improved so I put those on my list which I only have maybe 4 or 5 possible prospects. I’m not sure if I can make room to go in person. (I still have a job from 8-5). So I might try to look into their hours and see what times I can show up and communicate with them. ( My challenge would try and talk to them since I can’t hear and an interpreter is not going to be there). My strategy would be to use Google’s mic on my android phone and transcribe what they’re saying, and I’ll write out/type what I have to say. (this is what will be uncomfortable for me and can be a make or break for my sale) .

Another thing is that I realized after looking around on eBay, there is a way for me to make money on the side. I have a 3d printer at home, and I’ll be able to print out some little trinkets and sell them for small amounts on the dollar. The plastic that I consume to printout, an object will only cost me cents where I can sell them for whole dollars.

Have a good one; I’m gonna keep on hustling. I still have 15 more to add on my list, and my goal is to finish that list by tonight. See which businesses are open on the weekend and maybe go to 3 or 4 of them tomorrow with my son.

JP
This is a good start. Keep headed in this direction. Keep in mind that with your current way of thinking, you'll make tens, maybe hundreds of dollars per month. That's not much ... but if you keep making adjustments to how you look at all this, that will soon increase--all because you took the first steps.

Look at how some of the more successful people on here make money, and incorporate some of the things they do into what you're doing.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
This is a good start. Keep headed in this direction. Keep in mind that with your current way of thinking, you'll make tens, maybe hundreds of dollars per month. That's not much ... but if you keep making adjustments to how you look at all this, that will soon increase--all because you took the first steps.

Look at how some of the more successful people on here make money, and incorporate some of the things they do into what you're doing.

Thats what i've learned on this thread, so many people dream of huge start up ideas and have no idea how because they nothing to act on. The ones that stand out and has major success stories usually start with a small sale that snowballs into something so big that they build connections and understanding of how to make money. Which is what I intend to do!

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Thats what i've learned on this thread, so many people dream of huge start up ideas and have no idea how because they nothing to act on. The ones that stand out and has major success stories usually start with a small sale that snowballs into something so big that they build connections and understanding of how to make money. Which is what I intend to do!
yeah that reminds me of this feeling I used to have, especially when I was working for someone else. The feeling was of being in waaay over my head, and not knowing what to do next. I think I *was* in over my head. Some of that was perfectionism creeping in, but a good portion of it was that I hadn't learned the basics yet. With my business, I'm focusing on what I know I do well, and capitalizing on that.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
yeah that reminds me of this feeling I used to have, especially when I was working for someone else. The feeling was of being in waaay over my head, and not knowing what to do next. I think I *was* in over my head. Some of that was perfectionism creeping in, but a good portion of it was that I hadn't learned the basics yet. With my business, I'm focusing on what I know I do well, and capitalizing on that.

Hahah, Thats exactly what I feel like. No idea what im doing but im doing something... lets hope money follows!

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Ok,

I’m writing this post just to keep myself accountable, I honestly got nothing done over the weekend other than the occasional browsing for local businesses on my phone. After some self-analysis, including questions like, am I being lazy, am I scared, am I etc.. The one thing that I’ve been feeling is very similar to writing a paper. The very first paragraph or sentence is the hardest because you have no idea or structure to build off of. So I’m going to stick with my plan and write down the list of local businesses even if I’m not confident in what I’m doing yet.

I came across this book called “Become an Idea Machine” which is an list of several different prompts for several thinking up different ideas not just business and it describes the concept of “working out” your brain and training your brain to identify and solve problems. Which is the entire point of a business is making money off of solutions you have come up with. So I’m going to incorporate that within my morning routine.

JP

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
What am I?

Who am I?

Is this life real? Or is it a dream?

Do I choose my challenges or are they forced upon me?

Why do I resist work when it’s the one thing I want more of?

I pass opportunities by, only to dread myself afterwards…

The week I read the Fastlane millionaire and found this forum, I was driven to make something happen. I was motivated and was in the honeymoon phase of coming up with an idea and generating money. Simply because it seems “easy” when it comes to fruition in my imagination. Now when I was faced with true hard work, I shut myself down. I stopped researching and writing up ideas only to lurk the forums for a half an hour a day. Living in a dream world that does not exist yet. Committing to things that I did not finish nor even started. Upset at myself and the lack of self-discipline to make things happen.

What I am, is a human being

Who I am, is a dreamer of a better future

It does not matter if it’s real or a dream, what matters is this is what I am experiencing and try to enjoy the moments that come along with it.

After some time analyzing the concept of “work”, I usually slack or get lazy when I don’t see the whole vision or have difficulty understanding how to move forward.

Opportunities are a dime a dozen, I only have to get one… The challenge is, pushing myself forward into the discomfort zone and get stuff done…

At this moment in time, I have no direction, no guidance, no understanding of my future. It’s easier to dream…

Dreams can be my enemy; they distract me from my focus…

Dreams can be my allies; they drive me to my goals…

The direction is up to me, how will I utilize my dreams?

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
I graduated in the top 15 of a rather large and prestigious HS regardless of some teachers saying I’ll be struggling to graduate because of my disability (which I’ll rather call enability).

Ended up in Rochester Institute of Technology graduated with a BS in Chemistry, hopped around awhile with jobs in the manufacturing industry and teaching at a Deaf school realizing that I’m not satisfied. Still itching for something so I started an online MBA program which I will graduate in April with student loans, which I understand now is slow lane mentality but I only have a few classes left, might as well go for it.

Over the course of my early adulthood journey, I’ve accumulated three, way cool kids and a very tolerable wife....

...I have gone through my entire life of people telling me things were impossible, and I’ve proven them wrong time and time again. I plan on continuing this trend, and this is only my first step to real success.

Man I love your attitude and determination! You have my respect at accomplishing so much without letting a physical challenge get in the way. I had an acquaintance some years ago that was deaf and he used it as a crutch in every aspect of life. It always bothered me. He claimed that was the deaf culture, but you've blown that theory away!

I really like this advice:
product ideas:
You have an insight into a segment of the population that many do not understand. I see opportunity here for some great products!!! Keep up the progress and keep searching. You'll find the need that you can fill better than anyone else.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Man I love your attitude and determination! You have my respect at accomplishing so much without letting a physical challenge get in the way. I had an acquaintance some years ago that was deaf and he used it as a crutch in every aspect of life. It always bothered me. He claimed that was the deaf culture, but you've blown that theory away!

I really like this advice:

You have an insight into a segment of the population that many do not understand. I see opportunity here for some great products!!! Keep up the progress and keep searching. You'll find the need that you can fill better than anyone else.

Yeah, I've been thinking how to tackle that disability angle myself. I've always struggled with trying to exploit my deafness/disability for an advantage. But now maybe i have to push my ego aside and try and find the opportunities that might come along with my disability

Unfortunately, I don't think it's limited to just deaf culture. It's all of american culture and possibly all of western culture. We want everything handed to us and have an easy ride to paradise just because we graduated high school. It may be easier to feel entitled because we have a literal handicap compared to the general population but the reality is, we have to work for it and continue to knock down those challenging barriers to possibly reach paradise. I have a lot on my plate right now, and I'm still exploring several different gates and trying to decide which one i want to try and tackle.

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
sign_language_photo_Y_unlabeled.png
sign_language_photo_O_unlabeled.png
sign_language_photo_U_unlabeled.png

upload_2016-10-11_7-56-5.png
sign_language_photo_A_unlabeled.png
sign_language_photo_N_unlabeled.png

sign_language_photo_D_unlabeled.png
sign_language_photo_O_unlabeled.png

sign_language_photo_I_unlabeled.png
sign_language_photo_T_unlabeled.png

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
After re-reading the Fastlane Millionaire for the 3rd time, I started to ponder what is my advantage for the barrier to entry.

You guys already pointed out one of my major advantages; I have access to knowledge and understanding of what it is like to face challenges as a disabled/deaf person.

Another barrier that I have knowledge is related to my occupation as a chemist; I am currently a plating chemist, and I understand how to make metal plate upon another metal along with experience in lean manufacturing processes. I have written down a few ideas how I could implement those skills I have as opposed to learning how to write a website which has a much lower barrier to entry and more accessible for several others.

After analyzing the CENTS approach, I’m going to try something by using my metal plating skills and maybe sell a few products on e-bay with that. Also, I will start writing a book regarding the challenges and solutions I faced as a Deaf person.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Ok,

Working on my book... First time trying to write one, it is much more mentally tasking that I thought. I'm ok with that because its part of the barrier to entry that is mentioned everywhere. Got an outline set up and working on brainstorming on how to categorize everything. My goal for this book is around 200 manuscript pages. Being a math guy type of guy, I'm breaking down the goal if I have 3 pages typed a day for the first draft, i should be done within 2 months and allowing to put up a decent sized book up on amazon.

JP

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Read this book before going to sleep last night,

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PCKIJ4C/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

A fantastic resource for someone who is new and trying to establish themselves a new income using e-books. Now, I realize that I'm going to need to create maybe a few "funnel" books leading me to build an e-mail list and the book I'm currently working on will be too long and full of a lot of valuable information regarding my challenges. Therefore I'll continue to brainstorm and nitpick on small subjects that I can expand on to create the funnel books that will be around 30-50 pages that can be put up on Amazon for free.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Ok, I've made some progress on my first free "Funnel" book, in around 2000 words in. It'll need editing for sure, and it’s a bit random but with a bit of cleaning up on the grammar. I just realized that my tinkering habits might come in handy because I have a 3d printer that I do as a hobby on the side. Which is a barrier to entry at this point and not many people can print up products within a matter of hours. So I'm going to put some of my designs up on eBay and see if they sell. If some people are ordering them, I can print them out as ordered.

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
There are also a number of members here that could use your 3D modeling & printing capability. Perhaps something in that niche geared towards startups???

I'm curious myself at your rates...

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
There are also a number of members here that could use your 3D modeling & printing capability. Perhaps something in that niche geared towards startups???

I'm curious myself at your rates...

Designing and printing something are two very different skill sets.
I work with two different types of plastics PLA and ABS.

PLA- I would charge 5 dollars minimum for a print straight up, and an extra .25 cents for volume per inch cubed with a 100-micron resolution.
ABS- (more resistant to heat and resilient) I would still charge 5 dollars per print, but .30 cents for per inch cubed with a 100-micron resolution.

I can go cheaper for a lower resolution, but that would be a good baseline.

As for design, it would have to be subjective upon the scale of the project. But since I have no formal training or experience in 3d modeling, I would be good with $20 an hour to build up the reputation and trust.

Right now I'm working on a simple product and an eBay account, so I can try and see if some people are interested.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Ok ,

The book is coming along, but I've been doing some reading. I will build a brand first prior to releasing the book and by doing that I plan on taking advantage of my connections within the deaf community. Spread some brand awareness there using youtube and when the views and such get big enough, i can justify releasing something with my brand name on it.

Also, i got my finance to start steering away from the slow lane. I convinced her to move to a lower cost neighborhood for possibly a larger house that might need a bit more love and care. I currently live in an expensive neighborhood that requires an HOA and is one of the faster-growing communities in Indianapolis so we can have more liquidity to spend on my Fastlane projects.

JP

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
PLA- I would charge 5 dollars minimum for a print straight up, and an extra .25 cents for volume per inch cubed with a 100-micron resolution.
ABS- (more resistant to heat and resilient) I would still charge 5 dollars per print, but .30 cents for per inch cubed with a 100-micron resolution.

I can go cheaper for a lower resolution, but that would be a good baseline.

As for design, it would have to be subjective upon the scale of the project. But since I have no formal training or experience in 3d modeling, I would be good with $20 an hour to build up the reputation and trust.
I'm going to PM you about this shortly, because I'm interested in trying this. I have 3D modeling software and will be designing my own parts. It will be a couple months yet, but I'm going to be making some prototypes and this might work nicely for some of the parts. Is it possible to print any other materials with your machine? Thanks!

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
I'm going to PM you about this shortly, because I'm interested in trying this. I have 3D modeling software and will be designing my own parts. It will be a couple months yet, but I'm going to be making some prototypes and this might work nicely for some of the parts. Is it possible to print any other materials with your machine? Thanks!

Excellent, I can print Nylon and the Ninjaflex, I currently have Ninjaflex, but it's in glow in the dark color right now. Nylon is a challenge to write with; it isn't always pretty but comes out with really sturdy and durable stuff.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.