The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Student Engineer Turned Entrepreneur Turned Fastlaner

KennyAronson

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jan 10, 2019
I was like everyone else...

Destined to become a professional and work a 9-5 for the next 40 years. How exciting right?

I was sitting in the middle of one of my SUPER EXCITING engineering Thermodynamics class when my professor was trying to get us excited about working 60 hours/week for the next 40 years...

What the F**K?

That's what went through my mind. This is when I started to question everything.

Over the next 6 months I looked for another way, and in early 2018 I became an entrepreneur. Was I an instant success? HELL NO and I am still relatively early in my journey.

I have made many mistakes over the course of 2018, and I will probably make many more.

Around the end of the year, since things weren't going as well as planned, I decided I wanted to pivot, change my plan, and go for something bigger.

My father happened to purchase the book: "The Millionaire Fastlane " for Christmas.

Books are important as I am very passionate about self education, and that's also what I center my business around.

I really love the way MJ wrote the Millionaire Fastlane , and it opened my eyes to some mistakes I was making.
  • My business needs to focus around the needs of the market, not my own interests.
  • My focus needs to be on the customer and customer support
This book also opened my eyes to the Fastlane mindset, and I really want to connect with like-minded individuals like yourself reading this post now.

I am early in my journey, but I know I will reach my financial goals and achievement-centered goals as a fastlaner.

I am also excited to be a part of this community and to connect with like-minded individuals.

Thank you for having me as a part of the group,

Kenny Aronson

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted50669

I was like everyone else...

Destined to become a professional and work a 9-5 for the next 40 years. How exciting right?

I was sitting in the middle of one of my SUPER EXCITING engineering Thermodynamics class when my professor was trying to get us excited about working 60 hours/week for the next 40 years...

What the F**K?

That's what went through my mind. This is when I started to question everything.

Over the next 6 months I looked for another way, and in early 2018 I became an entrepreneur. Was I an instant success? HELL NO and I am still relatively early in my journey.

I have made many mistakes over the course of 2018, and I will probably make many more.

Around the end of the year, since things weren't going as well as planned, I decided I wanted to pivot, change my plan, and go for something bigger.

My father happened to purchase the book: "The Millionaire Fastlane " for Christmas.

Books are important as I am very passionate about self education, and that's also what I center my business around.

I really love the way MJ wrote the Millionaire Fastlane , and it opened my eyes to some mistakes I was making.
  • My business needs to focus around the needs of the market, not my own interests.
  • My focus needs to be on the customer and customer support
This book also opened my eyes to the Fastlane mindset, and I really want to connect with like-minded individuals like yourself reading this post now.

I am early in my journey, but I know I will reach my financial goals and achievement-centered goals as a fastlaner.

I am also excited to be a part of this community and to connect with like-minded individuals.

Thank you for having me as a part of the group,

Kenny Aronson

Welcome! You are well ahead of the curve. I look forward to hearing about your journey as you continue to grow!

jesseissorude

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jun 12, 2014
Nashville

Fellow engineer here.

Can't tell if you are being sarcastic:
-If you really do think Thermo is super exciting, then HELL yeah brother. Find a job in aerospace or energy or something similar.
-If you were kidding, then you need to run like hell away from your major and find something you like.

I switched from Comp Sci to an Electrical Engineering degree, and it was the best decision of my life... for me. There's more of a demand for programmers, but I love electronics. I could nerd out for 24 hours forgetting to sleep because I have a new electronics product I want to complete.

All I know is this: if you want to avoid breaking your back and working hard for 40 years, you can do that right now. Get a Playstation, a 6-pack, and a part time job and enjoy your life.

Personally, I want to work 80 hours/week for 60 years because my work F*cking rules.

No hate, just a mindset check. Get used to working hard, you're never going to escape it. Instead, work hard on something that's for you, not for someone else.

Amko

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Sep 6, 2018
Fellow engineer here.

-If you really do think Thermo is super exciting, then HELL yeah brother. Find a job in aerospace or energy or something similar.
-If you were kidding, then you need to run like hell away from your major and find something you like.

I switched from Comp Sci to an Electrical Engineering degree, and it was the best decision of my life... for me. There's more of a demand for programmers, but I love electronics. I could nerd out for 24 hours forgetting to sleep because I have a new electronics product I want to complete.

All I know is this: if you want to avoid breaking your back and working hard for 40 years, you can do that right now. Get a Playstation, a 6-pack, and a part time job and enjoy your life.

Personally, I want to work 80 hours/week for 60 years because my work f*cking rules.

No hate, just a mindset check. Get used to working hard, you're never going to escape it. Instead, work hard on something that's for you, not for someone else.

I went from Chemical Engineering to Comp Sci, but I share the same sentiments. It's amazing to have a skillset that has almost unlimited potential for creating value and helping others with problems.

Never regret working hard. Ever.

@KennyAronson Welcome to the community!

KennyAronson

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jan 10, 2019
Fellow engineer here.

Personally, I want to work 80 hours/week for 60 years because my work f*cking rules.

Yeah you're right! I don't mind hard work at all, what I have a problem with is working that much to help build someone else's dream or at a job I really hate just to pay the bills!

I work 60-80 hours a week on my own entrepreneurial venture and I love it! I am staying in engineering more for the creative and analytical skills for challenging problem solving. I love a challenge and they have always attracted me.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Welcome @KennyAronson!

Sarcasm? :playful:

Still, I think he means well.

I like to know that I won't be smelling something burning the next time I go on an aircraft. Good engineering standards take time, and your professor knows that.

Fastlane does take time as well, although there's lots of ways to ease it.

There's more of a demand for programmers, but I love electronics.
Huh? I thought both electronics and programming came together?

I saw my dorm mate typing in movements for a robotic laser-cutting arm project, but he might have been in mechatronics anyways.

Make sure you can make them cheaper and faster. Then they can become better lessons.

Your engineering lessons can help you identify pain areas to improve better than the ordinary Joe.

GOLD! - A physicist's guide to learning hard things

What a rarity!

Fantastic father you have there.

Has he gotten you other books before TMF ?

KennyAronson

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jan 10, 2019
Welcome @KennyAronson!

Sarcasm? :playful:

Still, I think he means well.

I like to know that I won't be smelling something burning the next time I go on an aircraft. Good engineering standards take time, and your professor knows that.

Fastlane does take time as well, although there's lots of ways to ease it.

Huh? I thought both electronics and programming came together?

I saw my dorm mate typing in movements for a robotic laser-cutting arm project, but he might have been in mechatronics anyways.

Make sure you can make them cheaper and faster. Then they can become better lessons.

Your engineering lessons can help you identify pain areas to improve better than the ordinary Joe.

GOLD! - A physicist's guide to learning hard things

What a rarity!

Fantastic father you have there.

Has he gotten you other books before TMF ?

I am thankful for my time in engineering and engineering classes as I have learned a ton.

Entrepreneurship is so exciting because you learn something new every day, and you change the world.

This was the first book he got me in the series, I will check out the previous and new books.

Thank you for the kind words everyone, I can't wait to share my journey with all of you.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome to the forum from a fellow nerd.

For what it's worth, real world engineering isn't like your classes. If you have the aptitude, stick with it and then apply your skills to your own endeavors.

KennyAronson

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jan 10, 2019
Welcome to the forum from a fellow nerd.

For what it's worth, real world engineering isn't like your classes. If you have the aptitude, stick with it and then apply your skills to your own endeavors.

Thank you for the welcome!

I certainly agree with you, I gained experience in engineering consulting over a few years. I do think the skills will be extremely valuable in my own ventures and I can't wait to see how everything goes.

Over the past year I have been trying different things, learning, and I just recently started to really focus and work on one thing. This past week I have finally started to see results :smile2:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

KennyAronson

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jan 10, 2019
He bought it for you? Or he bought for himself and you stole it? ;)

Welcome to the forum Kenny, appreciate the intro! And tell Dad Thank you!

Thank you for the introduction MJ, I deeply appreciate it and I will let him know.

But most importantly, thank you for writing such a fantastic book and creating what seems to be such a great community!

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
74a4821e21844c91898f1e7e7884a122.gif

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...