• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Atomic Habits by James Clear

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Atomic Habits, by James Clear (Review | Discuss)

INTRO Student Engineer Turned Entrepreneur Turned Fastlaner

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by KennyAronson, Jan 10, 2019.

1. KennyAronson

KennyAronson Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $112
    I was like everyone else...

Destined to become a professional and work a 9-5 for the next 40 years. How exciting right?

I was sitting in the middle of one of my SUPER EXCITING engineering Thermodynamics class when my professor was trying to get us excited about working 60 hours/week for the next 40 years...

What the F**K?

That's what went through my mind. This is when I started to question everything.

Over the next 6 months I looked for another way, and in early 2018 I became an entrepreneur. Was I an instant success? HELL NO and I am still relatively early in my journey.

I have made many mistakes over the course of 2018, and I will probably make many more.

Around the end of the year, since things weren't going as well as planned, I decided I wanted to pivot, change my plan, and go for something bigger.

My father happened to purchase the book: "The Millionaire Fastlane" for Christmas.

Books are important as I am very passionate about self education, and that's also what I center my business around.

I really love the way MJ wrote the Millionaire Fastlane, and it opened my eyes to some mistakes I was making.
    • My business needs to focus around the needs of the market, not my own interests.
    • My focus needs to be on the customer and customer support
    This book also opened my eyes to the Fastlane mindset, and I really want to connect with like-minded individuals like yourself reading this post now.

I am early in my journey, but I know I will reach my financial goals and achievement-centered goals as a fastlaner.

I am also excited to be a part of this community and to connect with like-minded individuals.

Thank you for having me as a part of the group,

Kenny Aronson

2. Tidder Jail

Tidder Jail New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $62
    Welcome! ;)

KennyAronson likes this.
  3. KennyAronson

KennyAronson Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $112
    Thank you Tidder Jail. It's great to be here! :smile2:

4. 404profound

404profound Gold Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,028
    Welcome! You are well ahead of the curve. I look forward to hearing about your journey as you continue to grow!

5. jesseissorude

jesseissorude Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,768
    Fellow engineer here.

Can't tell if you are being sarcastic:
    -If you really do think Thermo is super exciting, then HELL yeah brother. Find a job in aerospace or energy or something similar.
    -If you were kidding, then you need to run like hell away from your major and find something you like.

I switched from Comp Sci to an Electrical Engineering degree, and it was the best decision of my life... for me. There's more of a demand for programmers, but I love electronics. I could nerd out for 24 hours forgetting to sleep because I have a new electronics product I want to complete.

All I know is this: if you want to avoid breaking your back and working hard for 40 years, you can do that right now. Get a Playstation, a 6-pack, and a part time job and enjoy your life.

Personally, I want to work 80 hours/week for 60 years because my work f*cking rules.

No hate, just a mindset check. Get used to working hard, you're never going to escape it. Instead, work hard on something that's for you, not for someone else.

6. Amko

Amko New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $58
    I went from Chemical Engineering to Comp Sci, but I share the same sentiments. It's amazing to have a skillset that has almost unlimited potential for creating value and helping others with problems.

Never regret working hard. Ever.

@KennyAronson Welcome to the community!

jesseissorude likes this.
  7. KennyAronson

KennyAronson Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $112
    Yeah you're right! I don't mind hard work at all, what I have a problem with is working that much to help build someone else's dream or at a job I really hate just to pay the bills!

I work 60-80 hours a week on my own entrepreneurial venture and I love it! I am staying in engineering more for the creative and analytical skills for challenging problem solving. I love a challenge and they have always attracted me.

8. daru

daru Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,097
    Welcome!

Your father bought The Millionaire Fastlane for you!? Very cool! :thumbsup:

f0reclone likes this.
  9. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,390
    Welcome @KennyAronson!

Sarcasm? :playful:

Still, I think he means well.

I like to know that I won't be smelling something burning the next time I go on an aircraft. Good engineering standards take time, and your professor knows that.

Fastlane does take time as well, although there's lots of ways to ease it.

Huh? I thought both electronics and programming came together?

I saw my dorm mate typing in movements for a robotic laser-cutting arm project, but he might have been in mechatronics anyways.

Make sure you can make them cheaper and faster. Then they can become better lessons.

Your engineering lessons can help you identify pain areas to improve better than the ordinary Joe.

GOLD! - A physicist's guide to learning hard things

What a rarity!

Fantastic father you have there.

Has he gotten you other books before TMF?

Suzanne Bazemore and lowtek like this.
  10. KennyAronson

KennyAronson Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $112

I am thankful for my time in engineering and engineering classes as I have learned a ton.

Entrepreneurship is so exciting because you learn something new every day, and you change the world.

This was the first book he got me in the series, I will check out the previous and new books.

Thank you for the kind words everyone, I can't wait to share my journey with all of you.

ZF Lee likes this.
  11. lowtek

lowtek Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $25,653
    Welcome to the forum from a fellow nerd.

For what it's worth, real world engineering isn't like your classes. If you have the aptitude, stick with it and then apply your skills to your own endeavors.

Suzanne Bazemore likes this.
  12. KennyAronson

KennyAronson Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $112
    Thank you for the welcome!

I certainly agree with you, I gained experience in engineering consulting over a few years. I do think the skills will be extremely valuable in my own ventures and I can't wait to see how everything goes.

Over the past year I have been trying different things, learning, and I just recently started to really focus and work on one thing. This past week I have finally started to see results :smile2:

MJ DeMarco and lowtek like this.
  13. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $365,837
    Admin Post
    He bought it for you? Or he bought for himself and you stole it? ;)

Welcome to the forum Kenny, appreciate the intro! And tell Dad Thank you!

ZF Lee and Suzanne Bazemore like this.
  14. Suzanne Bazemore

Suzanne Bazemore Act until echo. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $772
    @KennyAronson , welcome to the forum! Now you need to buy your dad Unscripted.

15. KennyAronson

KennyAronson Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $112
    Thank you for the introduction MJ, I deeply appreciate it and I will let him know.

But most importantly, thank you for writing such a fantastic book and creating what seems to be such a great community!

16. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,612
    [​IMG]

17. KennyAronson

KennyAronson Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $112
    This is exactly how I have felt!! :rofl::rofl:

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.