The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Slowlaner from Washington

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

drew212

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
May 17, 2018
Hi all,

Just started reading The Millionaire Fast Lane a few days ago and I'm about half-way through. The book has really resonated with me and changed my perspective. I'm currently working in software at a software shop making a pretty cushy income but I've always been after that next promotion and really going after it, but the promotions and growth isn't going where I want it. I have little say in what I work on, I'm always chasing my leadership's next new shiny feature, and I sometimes feel like going a different direction would be more valuable, or that I'm wasting my time on something that isn't very valuable.

I've always been really after success and making better of myself, reading leadership, motivation, and how to make it books, but I finally feel like I have a direction and a plan to break the 9-5, 5:2 cycle. My employers have really made a lot of value off of me and I have (a) little to show for it, if I save or earn millions the best I could ever get is a mediocre bonus and a pitiful salary raise for it. I don't have my process or exactly what I'm going to do figured out yet, but I'm working on app and website ideas since that would be the most passive long term.

Up to this point I've been a faithful slowlane subscriber, even going as far as indoctrinating others on the merits of slowlane success! I save the maximum amount in my 401k each year, and then some (roth backdoor conversions baby! *sigh*). Even with this I'm still able to live a pretty decent lifestyle, but I feel like I'm living well below where I want to be. I want to be able to travel and take a month (or two) off and sail around and not have to worry about losing my job or taking unpaid time off. I want the freedom to be able to work from remote far-flung areas without having to report back to anyone.

Here's to writing the first page in my success story.

Cheers,
- Drew

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Drew, hope you like the rest of TMF (And Unscripted if you get to it!)

drew212

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
May 17, 2018

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Great intro Drew! I also have a corporate software background and am just starting to explore my own path to the Fastlane. There are a lot of very good Web and software discussions on the forum. Looking forward to our learning more about the Fastlane together!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...