The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mack

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Dec 5, 2013
All Over
WTF, MJ? How about I call you Dr. DeMarco, MD from now on?!

Read your book last week, spent a couple of days in “recovery” to let the wealth of valuable principles and knowledge sink in and now I operate clearer than ever.

It is like you performed a “mind/brain” surgery on me…reinforced the good, positive convictions and beliefs on one hand and made me part with the bad habits and the noise on the other. New daily routine, new focus, efficient use of time and energy….

I structured an entirely new evaluation grid for everything that passes through my mind or my hands…businesses, products, services, concepts....it is all momentarily evaluated and either put in the to do and/or investigate further column or is discarded because it does not fit the criteria.

I don’t know if you realize how much you’ve actually done for all the people that have had the good fortune of laying eyes on the pages of TMF

I owe you big time but for now all I want to say is a humble…THANK YOU, MJ DeMarco!

RMarques

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 20, 2013
Toronto
I read the book. Took me two days. I'm a farmer. To say the book was a life changer is an understatement. My mindset has changed. It's tough to be a "hard worker" any more when I KNOW that there's a better life. Time to take some of my work ethic and concentrate it on being free in life.

Thanks for changing my life, MJ. I was finally able to convince my wife to read the book also. She was reluctant... until she read the first chapter. You not only changed our lives.. but you've changed our 7 month old baby boy's life also.

Avisto

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Mar 31, 2014
Posted this in the INSIDERS Introduction thread, thought it'd be appropriate to repost it here:

I don't have zero posts, but I just joined INSIDERS today, and made my first couple of posts today as well. I'll tell a little story, as I always like to :)

I was recently in hospital (a week ago), as a 22 year old, with a stroke scare. I sat down one night, and my face start sagging, and I called the ambulance. I spent 3 and a half days in a stroke ward, and thankfully, got cleared of everything. In that time, I read and finished the Millionaire Fastlane . When you are face to face with not "wealth in a wheelchair" but just "wheelchair", and you see the stroke patients in that ward, it really lights the fire under your a$$ to go out there and get it.

Just prior to going into hospital, I had gotten about halfway through the Millionaire Fastlane , and got my idea for a start up. I'm in the execution phase after about 2 weeks since I picked up the book. I've gone from never really coding, to coding my landing page, bought a domain, and I'm currently reading a Napoleon Hill book (Outwitting the Devil) and cramming books related to copy from the Gary Halbert Letter site.

If you check through my threads made, I made a thread about how I'd been depressed for almost 7 years. It was mainly due to (I think) not knowing what to do. I always knew, growing up, that the Slowlane wasn't for me, but drifted from this to that, with no purpose. I had a "Reverse Lamborghini" moment - my father retired after 40 years of work, and talked about buying a new 22 thousand dollar Toyota, because he "deserved it". This scared me. Someone gives the better part of their life for work, and all they have to show for it is a car. I knew then, I DEFINITELY wouldn't ever Slowlane.

However, it wasn't until I read The Millionaire Fastlane that I was granted purpose. I found myself smiling and nodding throughout the book..."I'm not crazy!", and finding various things that I already knew but didn't live by. So now, I've shifted my life towards the Fastlane. I'm coding, learning and researching every day, I sleep 5 hours and work and work and work on my idea. I've got no idea where I'm going at times, in an overwhelmed sort of way, I just keep piecing my vision together. Honestly, I get butterflies sometimes now, because this is like wading in the deep end - I'm taking it one step at a time, because it can be overwhelming to look at it all. Despite that, I have never been so focused or never felt like I have been on the right track until the last couple of weeks.

Even if my idea crashes and burns, I don't care. I would have developed so many skills that it would just be a mere roadbump in my journey. Right now I'm just developing a team of focused friends who have their own projects they are working on, so we can move out together. I need a good platoon to carry with me. It feels a little scary at times, but I love it.

I'm incredibly eager to soak up what ever wisdom I can from people here who I consider my superiors in some regards, and perhaps a mentor to point me in the right direction. Just wanna shoot a thanks to MJ, I've finally found where I fit and my path. Thank you, and thank you to anyone else who may in the future help me on my path. :)

Last edited:

integrity

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
307%
Apr 6, 2014
Just finished reading TMF .

MJ, you've really given me a totally new perspective on the business world. I used to think sitting in a beach, making some cash pushing other people's products was fastlane. I was also hesitant to go for a "real" business because there wasn't really a product or service I liked myself enough to jump in 100%.

Now I know that I need to have full control over my business to get where I want to go, and that it's not about the product or service or about doing what I like -- it's about the process. It's about finding needs; finding what the market wants and delivering.

Thanks MJ.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

10lapsdown

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Feb 5, 2015
Perth, West Oz
Just finished the book.
It was both confronting and uplifting at the same time. Confronting because it's hard to realise that you were born and raised a Sidewalker. And then to realise that your struggles to move out of that lane is yet another setback called the Slowlane.
But, it was uplifting because it feels good to know the wrongness in the pit of your stomach is real and not just you being a "dreamer".

Now it's time to execute and get the @#%$ out of this lane!

Thanks MJ.

Gaudeamus

Three yards and a cloud of dust
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Mar 21, 2015
Japan
I finished the book today. It's an amazing book, probably the most important book on true freedom and wealth creation I have read so far.. I have one regret - I wish the book had already been written and I had chosen to read it 30 years ago when I started my working career (I am 54 years old). The book taught me many gems of wisdom which blew my mind. For example:
  • Don't demote time as abundant and effervescent.
  • Don't trade your time for money.
  • Don't use compound interest for wealth, but for income.
  • "Assuming responsibility" without holding oneself accountable doesn't mean shit.
  • Don't fuel your motivation by "doing something you love", but fuel it by passion.
  • Don't assign faith to events, but to process.
  • Don't chase a path of money, but a path of need.
  • Use decision tools like Worst Case Consequence Analysis and Weighted Average Decision Matrix to start making better choices
I could go on and on.This book is a real game changer. It introduced me to a new paradigm, a true path to real wealth and freedom. It already had a tremendous impact on me. I decided to switch to the fastlane, whatever it takes. I already joined a 1-on-1 coaching program offered by an experienced fellow fastlaner and started the process. Hey, Colonel Saunders succeeded with Kentucky Fried Chickens when he was in his sixties, so I'm a spring chicken! I am sure that this forum will help me focus on the essentials, get off my butt and start engaging with the world, but on different terms than my slowlane life so far. I will report.

Anyway, I don't know how to thank you, MJ, for writing this amazing book.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Read the book on my phone last year.

Read the paperback this year.

Now started the audiobook which I highly recommend. It's literally having MJ in your ear while he bends it.

Maybe it's because it's the third time through, or maybe it's because MJ is telling it to me, but things seem to be clicking more. (Could be a year on the forum too I guess.)

Thanks for doing the audio version MJ. I have literally laughed out loud in places.

12+ hours of audio?! Serious respect for recording all of that.

For anyone who's not listened to the book, I highly recommend it.

Oh, and can I have my "Read the Millionaire Fastlane " badge back please? :)

Shari

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Apr 4, 2016
I've read the book! AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME! Couldn't read it fast enough - and I finished it in like 2 days. And, already helped a client rethink his business thanks to it. :) He is launching a business solely to make money and really has no problem he's solving. Excited to launch my own business to solve a problem.

Swam010

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Jul 8, 2016
I read the MFL, ( 3 times in 14 days )

I've read 150 books in the last couple of years, this is one of few that I've read
and left an imprint in my deep sub-conscious.

The first day after reading half of the book, the morning after, I felt like I was dumped by a girlfriend after a
long relationship. a sort of " heartbroken"

I know now, that this is because the book helped me realise how I was lying to myself all those years.
I felt heartbroken because I broke up with my old self, and started a new relationship with
my future self.

Thank you MJ DeMarco, you are on my wall of fame till I die.

Last edited:

Fanny Bomb

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Sep 16, 2016
Glasgow
Read the book a few weeks ago. It was recommended by Hal Elrod (Miracle Morning Creator). Loved the concepts and ideas. Enjoyed the part about looking out for Needs, have been able to come up with lots of ideas from this alone. I now have lots of ideas bouncing around in my head since reading so it really got my creative juices flowing.

I have also found lots of value in this forum since discovering the book. Lots of intelligent people willing to help others. The journey can be lonely away from the herd so its good to have a community of like minded individuals willing each other on.

DesignerOne.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Nov 29, 2016
Rochester, Ny
I read the book with a voracious mentality the first time after reading the first two or three chapters!

My brother is an active member of this community and after about a month of trying to tell me to read the book, I did, I wish I read it a month ago!

On my read through I took several notes of parts that spoke out to me, so now whenever I'm working on my ideas, I have a good resource to look back on!

one thought/mentality that really stuck to me is "Don't blame the circumstances, you are the circumstance"

Obiwan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Nov 15, 2016
Durban South Africa
On my 3rd listen on audio and reading the paperback/kobo on every break. Time to apply and take action.
Make sure you do take action. I can vouch for the reality, I don't know what it is but as soon as you take action, real action, you start meeting the right people, obstacles become opportunities.

mpcharles

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 1, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Yup, if it wasn't I wouldn't have written it -- I don't write stuff that is relevant for 2016, but irrelevant in 2017.
Hi MJ,

Just finished the book.

Loved it. Really connected the missing link for me that I had been searching for.

I spat out my coffee a number of times in fits of laughter. In particular:

"Going fastlane.... requires you to turn your back on people farting headwinds in your direction"

Amongst other comments of disdain toward the slow lane.

Love it, just the kind of tough love that I needed.

In particular I found very useful: The producer mentality, that really stuck for me.

Action I plan to do now because of your book: launch a independent publisher and produce training programs for people including videos, workbooks and skill building. This will allow me to work on my online skills, video editing and content production. Focusing on the knowledge I have to improve peoples quality of life and enable them to build their own confidence and skills.

Amongst other programs.

Thanks again.

Helen Adams

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
367%
Dec 27, 2016
Today and yesterday are like chalk and cheese. Yesterday I was in that place where I knew a gear change was needed regarding my current business and financial situation. The question was whether it would be down a gear or up one or more gears. I bypassed the desire to buy another self-improvement book and decided to take a peek at the ones I haven’t finished yet. I randomly chose Letting Go – The Pathway To Surrender by David R Hawkins and read the following, which I have paraphrased. The way to overcome a difficult situation is to spend time in the company of those who have already transcended your issue and who have achieved what you want to achieve.

Bearing this in mind, I went to the kindle store and started looking into wealth creation and within about five minutes found the Millionaire Fast Lane, bought it and started reading. I am SO glad I did. It is the best book I have ever read on the subject and has given me crystal clarity on what to do and how to do it. I then joined the Fastlane forum and again I am so pleased that I have found this community – and I am truly looking forward to posting my results one year down the line and to contributing, sharing my experience and posting interim results along the way.

I am half way through the book and it has already changed my thinking and perception in positive ways. Whereas yesterday I felt like a failure! Today I see that I have built the seeds of an ecommerce business that is now at a stage where it could move upwards in fast leaps as I have already spent the past year and a half doing the learning and groundwork. This is a positive gear change indeed.

I guess I would be described as getting on in years – but back in my twenties I was not so healthy, energetic or motivated as I am now. I feel the best I have in years and am very mindful that time is ongoing and that I am keen to us it wisely.

So thanks to MJ for writing this life changing book and creating this game-changing forum and for the chance to be a part of it all.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So what's the story with the new book? I haven't seen a thread or info page about it. Will it be available in UK or just usa? Is there a way to pre-order? Are you doing signed copies @MJ DeMarco ?

I announce the title Tuesday with a tentative release date. Pre-release date or the ability to pre-order will be announced at a later date. It should be available worldwide.

Millenial_Kid5K1

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Feb 14, 2017
Atlanta
This book completely changed the way I look at money. I feel as though the veil has been lifted from my eyes; surely money is plentiful and easy to get, since 320,000,000 people in america alone spend their average $35,000 somewhere. Even the portion that goes to the government gets spent eventually. That's 11 trillion dollars getting spent somewhere every year! I'm gonna carve a piece of it for myself by building something those 320,000,000 people, and billions elsewhere, need!

Gamechanger

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Feb 10, 2017
Texas
This book completely changed the way I look at money. I feel as though the veil has been lifted from my eyes; surely money is plentiful and easy to get, since 320,000,000 people in america alone spend their average $35,000 somewhere. Even the portion that goes to the government gets spent eventually. That's 11 trillion dollars getting spent somewhere every year! I'm gonna carve a piece of it for myself by building something those 320,000,000 people, and billions elsewhere, need!
You said it! There is no shortage of money, and I feel as though my eyes have been opened to a whole world of possibilities!

Carol Jones

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
903%
Oct 5, 2017
Rural Australia
Good morning from rural Australia,

I've just finished 'The Millionaire Fastlane '. What an eye opener. Who knew that the lows we experience are part of the process that takes us from being ordinary. To extraordinary. It's reassuring to know that when we are mired in the depths of despair, the process of working our way out is just what we need to travel the road to wealth. There truly are no overnight success stories. Thank you, MJ DeMarco, for clarifying the process. ~Carol❤

jms0717

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Oct 31, 2017
San Angelo, TX
I finished reading MFL last week and moved to reading Unscripted . I read during lunch and in the evenings when I start to lose my edge.

When I was growing up my Dad was into everything. He was poor growing up and started his own lawn care business. He saved up for college and joined the Air Force shortly after (Vietnam era). He retired at almost exactly 20 years to set a recurring income, started a construction company while working as a management consultant. He built our house, put me through engineering school, once started a teen club in Illinois; the list goes on and on.

Reading MFL and snapping out of the Script for a moment has reminded me of the respect I have for him.

Here is the important part for everyone. 17 years ago he was working for a management consulting company and had a stroke sitting at his desk. It was the end of the business day. He was a personable guy, which was good because someone noticed he didn't respond when they said bye to him. The stroke almost killed him, and left him permanently paralyzed on half his body. He passed away in January of this year.

17 years paralyzed from working too hard. High blood pressure.

If you're reading this, I have a favor to ask on behalf of my Dad. Stop for a moment and ask yourself, "Am I taking care of my health?". Remember that part of being wealthy is staying healthy. If you have high blood pressure get it under control NOW. Right now - schedule the Doctor appointment. If you have high cholesterol, same thing. Find a way to break the bad diet.

My Dad understood what a normal life would not allow him to stop working. I'm with him on this now.
I second this advice. My dad bought the family farm and worked it and at a machine shop. He always dreamed of being an entrepreneur but none of his ideas ever really took off. When I was 12 and he was 50, he had a stroke and then a series of a few more over the next few days that led to his death less than a week later. I went through my teenage years and the rest of my life without a dad because making money was more important to him than his health. I also didn't get to spend much time with him when he was alive because he either worked the shift when I came home from school or overnights and slept all day. That's the reason when my daughter was born I got my shit together to work on my mental and physical health as well as money and making a relationship with her.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Joshua Wagoner

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Feb 28, 2018
Albuquerque, NM
The Millionaire Fastlane is one of my favorite reads. It cuts through all the BS that most self help gurus spoon feed you. I've learned so much about what not to do when it comes to business. I'm excited to continue growing and stepping out of my comfort zone. Such a great book!

Jueruss

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Apr 1, 2018
Germany
So an honest review on the Millionaire Fastlane ,
I will try to describe my reactions while reading too.

First i have to say, I read tons of rich dad books and more before.
When I recognized TMF first I thought, uhhh again a bullshit book with big promise and no results.
Especially after I read the subtitle and the description.
OK i really liked your photo MJ but I didn't got it.

Month later: A very successful Millionaire recommended me 2 books one of it TMF .
I thought he is kidding me, but I respected his opinion. And I got it.

So I got it and started reading. First i had the hard copy of it.

Just after a few pages i really like your phrasing MJ.
When you started with your story I recognized myself multiple times,
but I know it's a common way of writing to get attention.

But you created a drive to act as soon a possible just after a few pages. I was impressed.
And I was shocked when I read the sidewalk because i know many of them and i always thought please guys change. After the book, I guess I was arrogant.
I had recognized myself sometimes to but not often.

When I read the slow lane and increase intrinsic value, I saw me.
I had my first contact to true fastlaners just a few weeks maybe month before.
You described this lifestyle very well. I personally made some changes already,
but if i remember myself years ago, it was exactly what you have written!
And when you started talking about gurus mostly of Kiyosaki you got me.

In the next chapter, when you talked about the fastlane
you described something i only had a few contacts with.
I liked to remember so many paged that I got the kindle version too.

When I came to part 6 I realized I started changing my habits just by reading a book?!?!?
I read on toiled, listen to valuable YouTube videos while walking, reading in queue... I din´t expect this.

Really how did you do that?? Impressive style of writing. CENTS become something like my road map for new stuff. At this point I checked out for your YouTube channel.
In the own hand i thought, please get finished so I can start working at the other hand, I wished it will never end because of so many content.

At part 8 I just started and continued reading.
All in all i love it. You created a drive to act while write a really helpful book.
I'm not in the position to judge about the content yet.
But i definitely can say the changes i made by reading it is already 5/5 stars.
I'm so happy that this guy recommended me reading TMF, even if you wrote some stuff, that I got the impression he could be a guru in some way to.
Maybe I can figure it out.

MJ really thank you for your awesome book!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael Lewis

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 2, 2018
Fort Worth Texas
I have studied the Millionaire Fastlane and I admire the lack of bullshit. M.J. DeMarco actually tells me how it is, not to clap my hands turn around and wiggle my fingers into success. I am currently applying the Unscripted model and there is a problem I am facing.I see opportunity everywhere, so much so that I lose nights of sleep. Lol. His materials should be studied and applied relentlessly!

robjohn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jan 31, 2017
USA
I read TMFL on a 4 day vacation, on my mobile phone's tiny screen. Couldn't stop reading it once I started. I ended up buying 2 hard copies.

I currently live the Unscripted lifestyle (for the past 10 years), but I've never been able to sell my businesses. Looking to start something new that will eventually allow me to do that.

I also ordered and finished Unscripted , but thats for another thread. Thanks MJ for the two amazing books!

Diego Liu

Don't worry, NOBODY CARES
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Apr 23, 2020
Taiwan
Now that there are over 500,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges.

Feel free to post your comments about the book as well!

Thanks, MJ
Glad that I came across this book at the age of 21 so that I won't have to go through the BS of 40 years of compound interest, 401k, 50-30-20, and all those kinds of BS.

You're the real-life Morpheus, MJ!!!!!

I don't have impressive results to show for myself yet. But for the first time in my life, I'm in control. I'm living the Fastlane.

-CrazyCrapCutter (Diego)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.