The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Fulmen Gladius

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 19, 2014
Philippines
Sir MJ,

I just finished reading the book. I never knew I was heading to mediocrity all my life until I read this. This is life changing! Thank you for imparting the Fastlane Philosophy to the world. :tiphat:

psychosapper

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jul 29, 2013
NC
Originally read it in 2012, learned a ton, yet still stuck in the slow lane. I believe I have ADD since I follow/research multiple business ideas all the time. e.g. real estate, product invention, authoring, IT based solutions, etc, etc. It's frustrating having so many interests!

I'm re-reading the book now, striving to remain focused and taking serious action. Thanks for this incredible resource MJ!

Avisto

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Mar 31, 2014
Posted this in the INSIDERS Introduction thread, thought it'd be appropriate to repost it here:

I don't have zero posts, but I just joined INSIDERS today, and made my first couple of posts today as well. I'll tell a little story, as I always like to :)

I was recently in hospital (a week ago), as a 22 year old, with a stroke scare. I sat down one night, and my face start sagging, and I called the ambulance. I spent 3 and a half days in a stroke ward, and thankfully, got cleared of everything. In that time, I read and finished the Millionaire Fastlane . When you are face to face with not "wealth in a wheelchair" but just "wheelchair", and you see the stroke patients in that ward, it really lights the fire under your a$$ to go out there and get it.

Just prior to going into hospital, I had gotten about halfway through the Millionaire Fastlane , and got my idea for a start up. I'm in the execution phase after about 2 weeks since I picked up the book. I've gone from never really coding, to coding my landing page, bought a domain, and I'm currently reading a Napoleon Hill book (Outwitting the Devil) and cramming books related to copy from the Gary Halbert Letter site.

If you check through my threads made, I made a thread about how I'd been depressed for almost 7 years. It was mainly due to (I think) not knowing what to do. I always knew, growing up, that the Slowlane wasn't for me, but drifted from this to that, with no purpose. I had a "Reverse Lamborghini" moment - my father retired after 40 years of work, and talked about buying a new 22 thousand dollar Toyota, because he "deserved it". This scared me. Someone gives the better part of their life for work, and all they have to show for it is a car. I knew then, I DEFINITELY wouldn't ever Slowlane.

However, it wasn't until I read The Millionaire Fastlane that I was granted purpose. I found myself smiling and nodding throughout the book..."I'm not crazy!", and finding various things that I already knew but didn't live by. So now, I've shifted my life towards the Fastlane. I'm coding, learning and researching every day, I sleep 5 hours and work and work and work on my idea. I've got no idea where I'm going at times, in an overwhelmed sort of way, I just keep piecing my vision together. Honestly, I get butterflies sometimes now, because this is like wading in the deep end - I'm taking it one step at a time, because it can be overwhelming to look at it all. Despite that, I have never been so focused or never felt like I have been on the right track until the last couple of weeks.

Even if my idea crashes and burns, I don't care. I would have developed so many skills that it would just be a mere roadbump in my journey. Right now I'm just developing a team of focused friends who have their own projects they are working on, so we can move out together. I need a good platoon to carry with me. It feels a little scary at times, but I love it.

I'm incredibly eager to soak up what ever wisdom I can from people here who I consider my superiors in some regards, and perhaps a mentor to point me in the right direction. Just wanna shoot a thanks to MJ, I've finally found where I fit and my path. Thank you, and thank you to anyone else who may in the future help me on my path. :)

Last edited:

pds

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Apr 28, 2014
NYC
I read the book last week in one sitting. I couldn't put it down once I started and had trouble sleeping because I was rolling around in bed with so many thoughts running through my head. The book resonated really well with me and compiled everything I've been thinking over the past year into one very well written book that I plan on keeping handy as a source of future reference, motivation and inspiration.

The book has brought me here which so far appears to be a community filled with extensive knowledge which I look to become a part of and add value where I can.

Thanks MJ.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ÉlyAna

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 3, 2014
Quebec, Canada
Thanks you so much MJ for writing it!!! Did you knew it would be such a huge success and impacted so much people?! ;) well I read it ;p and It motivated me A LOT! THANK YOU!

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Read the book. Loved it. Changed the way I think about my businesses, my money, my goals and my life.

Thanks MJ. Hope to shake your hand one day.

K/P

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 30, 2014
ATL
I read the TMF last July, and it changed the way I see the world. I read the book twice, then got the CD set to listen to it in my car every couple of months. I pick up something new every time I listen. Thanks MJ, for putting your story out there- you've inspired so many!

G

Guest428

Hey MJ,

I picked up the book maybe about two weeks ago and just finished it this weekend.

Really loved the 5 Commandments and the idea around how in business if you can sell your product to the world as opposed to the community, you will likely be far more successful.

There are so many great points made in the book and it was nice to get an understanding behind the marketing of gurus and self-help seminars that cost $10,000 +

I have attended a few seminars and listened to more than my fair share of gurus, luckily my bank accounts have escaped their hands for the most part, but I have made a few mistakes along the way.

Thank you so much for being there for us as a larger community, you have definitely tied together some areas for me.

Andrew Mundy

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Read the book. Been lurking through the forums for a couple weeks. Still absorbing information and figuring out what to do with it.
Action. Take action. Try something. Fail. Try again.

It sucks. It's not easy. It makes me want to cry daily. No joke. But when I get it working, it will all be worth it.

And action is the only way to go from here.

NickM

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 10, 2014
Read your book and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed reading every page, staying up all night to finish each chapter. Best book out of every business book, recommended it to many business associates.

SarahSH

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
May 6, 2014
Kansas
I read your book, MJ, after finding the forum first. Terrific book! I really like how it shaped my outlook on what is important in business and life.

Bouncing Soul

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 13, 2014
Read it with lots of head nodding after learning this stuff the slow and hard way. But hey, here now!

Djkay

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
May 13, 2014
Lagos, Nigeria
Now that there are tens of thousands of copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges. (Private forum, more PM storage, etc.)

Feel free to post your comments about the book as well!

Thanks, MJ

Have read the book,its a life transforming book.

Weavie

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
May 12, 2014
Read the book. Inspired. Will be following it!

Thanks, if our paths ever cross I will buy you a beer... or champagne.. or whatever drink you fancy!

Nur

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Apr 4, 2014
Read the book,I was about to go for INSIDERS but USD $9.90 is too steep for me,last time I saw was $5.99?

1 USD is Ringgit Malaysia 3.33++

IMZ

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 15, 2014
Scotland
I'm an avid reader and I have to say your book is the best I have ever read, and I didn't even used to be that keen on business books... you've completely changed my perspective on a lot of things and I'll never be able to thank you enough! :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.