The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

m64kh

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Mar 4, 2016
read the book two years ago.
listened to audio version last week. and again yesterday.

a big thanks to MJ.
I'm sure it can help a lot of people.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FlashJack

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Mar 7, 2016
Toronto
Read it - loved it. Actually I am currently in Rami Sethi's ZTL course and your words are making me rethink everything I am currently learning. Thanks so much for the insight and advice. It's time to stop making excuses and start making money :)

FlashJack

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Mar 7, 2016
Toronto
Read it - loved it. Actually I am currently in Rami Sethi's ZTL course and your words are making me rethink everything I am currently learning. Thanks so much for the insight and advice. It's time to stop making excuses and start making money :)
Actually listened to it - am thankful for audible!

Grills

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Mar 11, 2016
London
Just finished reading the book. The funny thing is, I have been trying to explain some of the ideas to a few people that I know (like don't believe the "passion" stuff) so reading TMF was reassuring that I am not going crazy.

Having said that, I have been reading business and self-help books for at least 7 years and I feel like I have got a huge amount from this book. I've literally highlighted a paragraph or sentence on almost every other page.

I've already started taking action with my business and a couple of ideas but TMF has shed some much needed light on what my next steps should probably be.

Thanks MJ.

ZeroTo100

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 2, 2016
New York City / New Jersey
Finally finished the book today. I have been reading it through my wife's delivery. Our son has been in the NICU so this has been helping me keep my mind off things. Even though we have a little one now, nothing changes between where I am and where I'm going, and the fastlane I'm switching into to get there.

I got a ton out of this book but I'm not going to spoil it for everyone. I have to tell you though, paying 5 work days for 2 life days really put a lot into perspective for me - talk about an eye opener!

All I want to say is buy it, read it, enjoy it, and pass it on to a loved one.

Lol It kind of reminds of the bible for business and life:

ZMan26

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Mar 13, 2016
Sunny Florida
Hi, I just want to say that the Fastlane Millionaire is one of the best books I read especially in the business category.

I still consider the Alchemist to be the best book I have ever read and some other creations of Paulo Coehlo the guy is a freaking genius, but DJ you did an amazing job brother, loved it !

I also recommend reading Who moved my cheese, and Black Box Thinking...

Cheers !

JAMES-L67

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 24, 2014
Read it, had my mind blown, read it again, started executing. Literally a life changing book

Joey El

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Mar 16, 2016
Down Under
Got straight into a business after reading this. Best value possible in a book by someone with the track record.
Thank you MJ.

BPM

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 10, 2016
Netherlands
I've first read TMF first in 2011. At that point I just finished college. I dabbled around in online poker for long but never made much, I thought back then, that that was going to make me Fastlane. Well the truth is, now 4 years ahead, I've got an ok job for the Dutch government but money-wise....very modest income despite a masters and bachelor degree. I basically graduated from sidewalker to a slow slowlaner. I picked up the book again and found everything I read to be meticulously true.

MJ, your book is by far the best I've read concerning wealth creation. I know hope is the thing you preach against, but my hope is that the coming four years is spent creating value and be on the road to wealth.

DWX

Getting on with it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Nov 19, 2015
UK
The best book I've read on entrepreneurship and business in my life, period. This will be something I read every year to keep myself and my business decisions grounded.

Fantastic read - thanks MJ!

AmericanSpartan

Warrior Monk
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 20, 2016
Westfield, IN
Read it. Loved it. Using it!

raden1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Dec 31, 2015
Read the millionaire fast lane. I know everything I need to after reading that book, now I just gotta take action.

I am starting to realize the difference between when I take "fake" action and "real" action.

RealityMatt

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 22, 2016
Sydney, Australia
G'day All,

I have been a bit slow to find this book despite coming to many of these conclusions myself over my years as a highly educated, well paid Corporate Slave.

The title and catch phrase had previously put me off, but upon reading I noted it was a cleverly poignant title, containing a piercingly deep philosophy that far surpasses it. Perhaps this was paradoxically intended by MJ to appear like just another Slow Lane epic masquerading as something more?

I used my time when walking and driving to complete the audio version twice within a week. It blew my mind on levels that really had nothing to do with creating a business or filling a bank account. Instead it felt like a spiritual call to wake up from the screwed up conditioning running rampant like a virus in plain sight.
Thanks mate,
Matt.

ZeroTo100

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 2, 2016
Just wondering what your favorite chapter was and why?

I think a lot of people claim they read it but to really read it is to really get something out of it and apply it as useful information not tomorrow but today.

I actually loved the chapter on compound interest and how the rich stay wealthy. I also liked the chapter on the different processes.

MJ's shortest article (2 words) was pretty awesome as well. Like I said, I don't want to spoil it for anyone and I'll probably read it a second time just to get my highlighter out so that I can go back to the things that really impact my situation. I recommend everyone do this - read the book twice.

IceCreamAction

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 20, 2016
Trinidad and Tobago
Honestly no idea how I manged to finish this book this week with my Math courses murdering me on the side but yeh, GREAT BOOK. Quite refreshing to read a book on non regurgitated slowlane bs.

Definitely hit on key points in regards to sucks etc. I definitely appreciated the emphasis on customer experience. Pretty sure everyone highlights half the acronyms in the book, really helps in shifting mindset too and more motivational than books about motivation.

Cheers!

Deer Friend

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Mar 25, 2016
NYC
I read the book and feel a little silly that I overlooked it years ago on Amazon just because of the title. It brings together all the ideas I have been picking up from dozens of sources, and concentrates them into one mindset and process.

Thank you!

IWilkins

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 27, 2016
Bangor, Maine
I've read the book and found that it was a great, refreshing read over a lot of the mainstream, "Slowlane" recommendations out there.

Another piece that I thought MJ did a great job was the use of language. Rather than just giving information and telling some stories (which were good), there was clearly a strong effort to make it conversational and seem like you were sitting in a coffee shop with MJ while he tells you the information. I think that helps it sink in far better.

ZeroTo100

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 2, 2016
Is anyone applying what they've learned? If so, how?
---
@MJ DeMarco

I agree, looking Back; it was sort of an impulse post with absolutely zero reasoning.

With all due respect, my intentions were not to hijack the thread but to engage with others. Apologies - probably not the best place when the entire forum is for that. Sorry for wasting your time.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Is anyone applying what they've learned? If so, how?

The entirety of this forum represents what people are doing. Please do not hijack this thread with a sideline discussion. Thank you.

tristano

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Dec 31, 2015
I read the book both in english and in italian. There are some differences...the english original version goes to the point faster!

TCMorgan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
526%
Feb 19, 2016
I read the book about two months ago.

Since then, I've pushed my little dream into a running company. It's not Fastlane yet, but it CAN be with a little time and dedication.

Thank you, MJ!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.