The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

giochavez017

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 7, 2022
Now that there are over 500,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges.

Feel free to post your comments about the book as well!

Thanks, MJ
I’m so glad I read the book. It answered many questions, and now I’m genuinely working to change my mindset. I’m going through a difficult time with my business right now, but now I got new skills that will certainly help me. The road I was taking was of a sidewalker destined to a slow-laner. I’m convinced that the only person that will help me out of this challenging moment will be me. I know I’m in the right path because there‘s process with what I do. It’s not a quick fix and suddenly I’m rich (event).

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
I came home from college on Friday and my book was awaiting me since Tuesday. I blocked out all distractions for 2 days and finished last night. I will post a review soon but I must say that this book has opened up my eyes even more!

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
Just finished- best part was it made my pre-bedtime activities more productive than before(watching episodes of Friends on DVD) and helped my Toilet U curriculum(which was previously checking Facebook updates and latest bs on ESPN.com)

First off, book was amazing, secondly, I had more "Ah-Ha" moments than a cheesy VH1 one-hit wonder show and thus it goes without saying I need to read it again and again as I embark on my journey to AZ exactly 2 weeks from today to follow the same path that you did MJ, although mine will start in the Slowlane, I know that utilizing these principles I will be up and ready to merge into the Fastlane in 5yrs or less!!!

Some of the tidbits that are on my mind....
-Your first sports car was a 3000GT? I know, off-topic, but I'm sure that the need for status was much like mine and why we were both on the Sidewalk

-The Chuma story... I forgot the name of the other brother, however, the lane I will pursue looks a lot like his now as there are results and it is a pretty good Slowlane model that involves 3-4 months of time for 12 months of earnings, granted the 3-4 months will require 60-70+ hr weeks, I still feel it is a Slowlane model predicated on time and I need to take this time to be the Chuma and make this less dependent on time

-The CENTS principle and The 5 Business Seedlings.... I am very confident that the business I am pursuing is a home-run when it comes to CENTS, however, I see it falling in the Human Resource System for the Fastlane money tree and will have to get it to either a Content or Distribution System model.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

imoutthere

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 21, 2009
Va
I've read the book.

Wow this book is amazing. its an eye opener and a life changer. It has truly changed the way i view business, numbers, and time.

Im a typical "tekel syndrome" guy. Even though some of those opportunities were successful. I was chasing the money, not filling the need. Instead of starting a business, i was buying another job. A sidewalker thinking hes fastlane.

Somethings in the book blew me away. NESCT, 5-2, building a brand, paradox of practice, II, car lingo, etc.... I was able to absorb the information based on how you explained it. It sunk in alot deeper, i guess thats becuase it was written in conversation style.

Ive been involed in IM/AM for awhile now, primarily as an affiliate. I plan on making the jump into ecommerce full force after reading this book (and biophase's blog).

Im starting to see myself looking for products to sell and not filling a need via ecommerce.

I understand the fastlane principles of ecommerce. Import products, do it better than that guy, be the dropshiper, manogamy/passion for 1 biz, scale x magnatude, etc.

How can i tell the difference between hocking goods online as a sidewalker or hocking goods via the fastlane?

Thanks a million!

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
Just got my book today and I can't put it down. Honestly I haven't felt this way about reading a new book since I first picked up rich dad poor dad years ago (which helped point me to where I am today).

Now I certainly don't want to put the 2 books in the same category (I think that I've grown past the nature of that book over the last few years, and I think that some of us here share the same opinion of Mr. Kiyosaki), so let me explain: when reading that book years ag, I got the feeling in my gut that, yes, it IS possible to live the dream, to own my own business and not slave away. It was a persistent feeling that gave me hope and actually caused me to make quite a few life changing decisions at that time (one example: quitting my factory job and going into sales... with a kid on the way. Any 'normal' person would have stuck with the secure factory job instead of taking a leap into the commission based world, but I wanted to learn marketing and sales).

And now, I am reading through the 1st few chapters of MJs book and I am getting that old familiar feeling back, only this time, I am more educated and more determined and have already started down a particular path. I think this book will only make me more focused, even more determined and more confident that I am doing the right thing by working on my business (instead of loading up the new starcraft or something).

And it's been an excellent read so far MJ, and much better than I expected. Very impressed. It's strange how discovery and 'out of the box' thinking can lead one down a different path. Years ago I picked up Rich Dad, Poor Dad from Borders. Found the RDPF forum, which led me to this forum, which led me to discover the path that I am taking now. And now I get the privilege of digesting the honest wisdom of a self made millionaire and I can only imagine what different paths lay ahead.

(Really trying hard not to sound cheesey here :) Just trying to be as sincere as I can).

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Not only that, remarkably my posts have just as much value as your book(s)-- none.

Go home kid, your not going anywhere in life

This Fastlane Forum Members, is a fine example of the low life scum who feeds off of upsetting people to justify some sense of power in their lowly little lives, avoid scumbags like this at all costs.

Ban, ban, ban!

KopyKidd

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
394%
Oct 19, 2012
Washington, DC
I'm late as all hell with this, but I read the CRAP out of it... It changed my whole view on wealth and money. Easily one of the best books I've ever read.

Recently got a copy for my boyfriend too (a fastlane lady needs a fastlane man, after all)

MJ, you kick several kinds of a$$ :thumbsup:

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
I read the book. (I've read it and will continually read it, hence "I read the book")

I expected the book to be another outline of get rich quick schemes. I’ve read them all and have never been able to relevantly apply any of them in my life.

This book is definitely different in so many ways than your run of the mill get rich books.

MJ’s writing style is casually straight forward. There is a lot of bluntness coupled with humor leading you to choose your own destiny. By the end of the book you have a definitive idea on the real mechanics and processes that separate poor, middleclass and people of great wealth. These concepts have been tested time and time again. It just took someone like MJ to map it all out with real examples and comparisons. He shows the average person they can achieve great wealth. The book is sound and practical, I couldn’t find any faults.

Mj is so down to earth and writes so well, I was able to read and comprehend the book with blazing speed. Most books of similar subjects have sort of a roller coaster pace, and I come to a point that the book gets so slow I have to take a break. This didn’t happen with The Fastlane Millionaire, it has the perfect pace.

His three analogies Sidewalk,Slowlane, and Fastlane are spot on. The whole theme makes it easy for future reference.

He cleverly breaks down the Sidewalk and Slowlane for what it really is. By the time you make it to the Fastlane section of the book you feel like you have been scammed your whole life. But that’s okay, MJ teaches us the Fastlane principles. This empowers us to rise above the system. By creating a system to serve needs through scale or magnitude (or both), we can essentially rise above and put the system to work for us. I know deep down in my heart MJ’s book has changed my life forever. If I don’t achieve half of my goals in life, it is my own fault. It’s my own fault because The Fastlane Millionaire showed me the way.

Once you read through the first part of the book, I don’t think you will ever need to go back. You might want to if: you are trying to make comparisons to Slowlane or Sidewalk people in your life. But even then, if you are violating the Fastlane section's principles you are automatically in the Slowlane.

Buy the book, Read the book, and live the book. If you do that I'm sure you'll find yourself living in the Fastlane.

I started out with this post just to say I read the book. The book left me too inspired to just say “I've read the book” and leave it at that. Not only did I read the book, But I plan on living it.

A big thank you to MJ! Your book gave me the seed with detailed instructions on how to plant it.

Last edited:

bensonj

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Jul 2, 2013
MJ - The Millionaire Fastlane has changed my life (not to sound corny)...but seriously it has. I have actually read it twice. It is the best book on wealth/money that I've ever read. I think I've bought it for 3 or 4 people for gifts so far. I've already told everyone that The Millionaire Fastlane is the only Christmas Gift I'm buying this year. :)

The biggest wakeup call for me was "the sidewalk" section. I thought I had elevated my thoughts about making money because I was reading all of the books from the "gurus" only to find out that I really didn't know squat about making true wealth. Your decision making tools and your CENTS guidelines have really helped me get rid of some things that I thought was making me money (or going to) but was really keeping me from starting and getting on the FL.

I've visited forums before but I've never joined and never commented but I had to join this one. So much wisdom and knowledge under one roof. I'm not sure how much I can contribute but I'm definitely listening and applying what I'm learning. I'm 50ish and I thought there was no hope for me to make millions before I left the planet but I know if I give it everything I got for the next 4 or 5 years I can do this! I already have 5 books on Amazon (under a pen name) and they are doing okay - but it's time to NOW finish the book that I have started under my name. When I saw writing a book made the FL list - that lit a fire under my butt!!

This forum also led me to the awesome James Altucher post which led me to read Choose Yourself. He speaks about expressing gratitude everyday - so I wanted you to know just how grateful I am that you published your book and created this forum.

Thank You!

:thankyousign:

Last edited by a moderator:

Allen

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jul 26, 2013
I read the TMFL earlier this year which led me here to register on the forum. As with any great book, I also drafted a 40-page summary document that I re-read every week as well as a quick one-page cheat sheet that I review every morning. It helps keep me focused and the principles presented top of mind.

Unlike the majority of forum members, I am older and have spent 20+ years in Corporate America marketing and selling technology services. When I was 21, the success models I followed involved wearing a navy blue suit and working for a large company. I underestimated the difficulty in changing my mindset because the Slowlane, even a six-figure income Slowlane, can be very seductive as it's an easier, well-paved road to take. Most of the hard thinking is done for you. Even at the executive level because your risks are more limited and more controlled and require a consensus to execute.

I am enjoying my change in direction.

pgtownsyou

Forge Ahead
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Oct 29, 2013
Minnesota
Read the book and it was awesome! I now have 2 of my friends and my dad reading it! Eye-opening is an understatement, my entire life has changed! I have since quit watching tv, quit playing video games, and quit wasting time in general.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
a while ago I recommended the book to someone on Facebook. Look what he sent me today:

Capture.PNG

Hobo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Mar 30, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I recently chose to quit my dead end job and become homeless. I was excited, because it was an adventure and forced me to live on nothing. I figured if I could make it with nothing, I could build myself up without having to worry about money ever again. It was hard, but there was freedom from the soul suck of working to merely survive. Why work 40 hours for someone else when all it bought me was food and shelter, when a sleeping bag and the dumpster behind the grocery store could do it for 0 hours?

Then I read The Millionaire Fastlane and realized that by doing what I did, I was already half way to the millions. I broke from the last remaining chains to hold me back, those chains of worry and doubt and "how will I survive?" MJ's book was an affirmation of the path I had chosen and inspiration to couple my hard won freedom with the freedom that comes from wealth.

I have roughly $2500 in savings that I haven't touched while being homeless. I'm now planning to rent a small office for around $200-250 a month and basically work and live in it while I dedicate myself to creating a passive wealth system. I do have experience with domaining, web development, SEO and marketing, so I'm going to use this knowledge to build my system.

Thank you MJ for your book. It found me at a moment when some encouragement was most needed!

ROBugatti

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Apr 25, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
Hey MJ! Got the book a few months ago and something sidetracked me. So I started it about 3 days ago and just finished it last night! That's speed reading for me. I'm now recommending to friends and others that I feel will benefit. This book is truly amazing. Especially when reality kicks in when I read the Sidewalk and Slowlane descriptions.

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
396%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
Hey @MJ DeMarco! I read it twice so far. I am for sure going to read it again, but now, it is time to take action and apply the lessons learned. Until now, I've read a ton of books on business, entrepreneurship and self-help. TMF is the single best read among all the books out there! Nothing had a comparable effect on my thinking and understanding of the subject.

Very humbled to learn from all you guys! @MJ DeMarco - thank you for making all this knowledge accessible to us, great work!!!

Corinn

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Apr 9, 2015
Austin, TX
I've read it, and re-read it more than once. The book along with the 4HWW and Felix Dennis' How to Get Rich (cheesy name - great content) served as my inspiration for taking the leap. My parents and friends still think I'm crazy for not following slowlane mentality - but the idea of working for someone else to eventually retire in poor health just doesn't add up for me.

maggiesumagang

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Apr 20, 2015
Philippines
I read this eye-opening book. A lot of the things said in this book are actually evident--but I just failed to observe them in the past. Now, I'm keen to business opportunities, pain-points, and I tend to observe existing companies on why they're successful. Even though I quit work to start a business BEFORE reading this book, I owe a lot of my motivation from reading TMF .

sija1

Turning Coffee Into Code
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jun 20, 2015
Quebec, Canada
I have to say I love the book you wrote. I read it in 3 days. Thinking I should reread it...slower and by taking notes?

I strongly encourage you to do this. Write down the differences and formulas of the Sidewalk, the Slowlane & the Fastlane, decision matrix & the five commandments and let it be the reminder of what needs to be done every morning when you get up and every night before you go to bed.

When you lack motivation, you'll feel even crappier after seeing that and you won't let yourself procrastinate.

MaadLvn

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Jun 28, 2015
I am a new member here and must admit I only stumbled onto this site by accident... I saw a Tai Lopez ad on Youtube and then asked myself, "Is this guy for real." A quick google search on him led me to this site and the rest is now history...

I read TMFL in 2 days and it has completely changed my outlook on what is possible if you have the right mindset. Needless to say, I am now on my way to the FASTLANE and have already filed my LLC documents and am working around the clock to prepare my business for launch in the very near future!

Thanks for the kick in the a@@ MJ!

Duane

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 23, 2015
Lakeland FL
What email are you speaking about? I don't send out any emails blasting the 4HWW. I've only alluded that having massive success while working 4 hours a week is a total illusion... the guy working 8 hours a week will kill you, and the guy working 8 hours a day will kill him.
It wasn't an email directly from you, it was an email from someone else promoting you. I clicked on the promotion link and in the link it said something along the lines of this type of success not being something you can achieve working 4 hrs a week. It wasnt targeted directly at the book, you were just stating your opinion as you just stated. And that's how I interpret those words, it's bullshit to think you can put in 4 hrs a week and get massive success and live your dream life.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Finished it a few days ago but only typed up my handwritten notes now. Over 20 pages of condensed info along with the daily to-do sheets I found in another thread.

Best book I have ever read on wealth creation. Had a lot of 'click' moments where personal past experiences were perfectly explained and expanded upon in the book along with Tonnes of new information it would have taken a lifetime to figure out on my own.

Thanks MJ for taking the time to give back to others when you had no real financial reason to write such a book!

Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 5.11.23 PM.png

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.