The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I work for a growing brand. I'm being offered to start a project on revenue share basis. I need help.

sa_ill

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Feb 10, 2020
A little background:
M35. 1st of January, 2022 onwards I started working for influencers who are growing at a really fast pace, and have a really healthy revenue model. They are in the health space. They have their self published books (published by Harper Collins, sells internationally), offer courses and challenges like "3 Day Juice Fast" "21 day 5AM challenge" etc., where they have thousands of people signing up. The workshops are online and take place on Zoom. One 3 day workshop makes us six figure revenues, and they're barely any overheads. They also sell some products on their website in healthy amounts. While I dont know the fugures, I know that 3-4 pickup trucks leave our warehouse every day for Amazon/e-commerce sales.. They have a really fast growing, and have a super dedicated community.

I work with them. I'm the highest paid person they have. While I wouldn't have worked anywhere else, I made an exception for this because this space is hot and really fast growing, plus I had recently got married, and I needed a steady income before I start making my own moves.

I was initially hired for a 3 month project, I completed that project but they wanted to retain me because I am contributing to many things here. So this is my 5th month here.

Presently, the situation is that my role is not clear. I handle a few things but that (even I admit) does not justify my pay anymore. The founder knew that I have entrepreneurial pursuits, and told me today: "Think of something you can start while working with us, within the realms of our own venture, something that will bring us revenue, and you become the founder of that project and take a cut of the revenue."

In case I'm not able to come up with anything, is is safe to say that I'll be jobless without money.

I see this proposal as one having a lot of Fastlane prospects. I get a salary, and I can start a revenue stream under their brand, and get a cut along with my salary. Later on, I can just quit job, and still have my revenue on while I focus on building my own gaming blog and YouTube channel.

The organisation is growing exponentially in terms of revenue. From YouTube, Workshops, Book Sales, Merch Sales etc, has a very positive image everywhere, and a really really dedicated community (primarily because their diet programs have reversed chronic diseases of many people and their loved ones).

These aspects I believe are something I can leverage while formulating a new project meant to bring in revenue.

While my mind is in cohoots trying to figure what I can start, I have a few ideas:
1. Our audience is majorly from one country. We are getting many queries from the USA, I think we should expand to the USA to open up more financial possibilities. How can I do this, considering our strengths?
2. We have an email list of 100,000 but still no newsletters etc. I'm think I could set up a substack, and start a newsletter. Should I?
3. We have a really strong community (majorly women) but no space where they can interact with us or have discussions among themselves. Should we start forums etc. on our website. We get around 1000 visitors each day, mostly direct.

The other thing that bothers me about this venture is that we do not have any Control. Yes we have 3.8 million subscribers on YouTube, some 800K followers on Instagram (unpaid). These people are the ones signing up for our workshops and buying our books/merch. Any method in which I can bring this insanely large community under our control, and make revenue?

Do you think there are other ways in which I can bring revenue to this firm?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted109241

A little background:
M35. 1st of January, 2022 onwards I started working for influencers who are growing at a really fast pace, and have a really healthy revenue model. They are in the health space. They have their self published books (published by Harper Collins, sells internationally), offer courses and challenges like "3 Day Juice Fast" "21 day 5AM challenge" etc., where they have thousands of people signing up. The workshops are online and take place on Zoom. One 3 day workshop makes us six figure revenues, and they're barely any overheads. They also sell some products on their website in healthy amounts. While I dont know the fugures, I know that 3-4 pickup trucks leave our warehouse every day for Amazon/e-commerce sales.. They have a really fast growing, and have a super dedicated community.

I work with them. I'm the highest paid person they have. While I wouldn't have worked anywhere else, I made an exception for this because this space is hot and really fast growing, plus I had recently got married, and I needed a steady income before I start making my own moves.

I was initially hired for a 3 month project, I completed that project but they wanted to retain me because I am contributing to many things here. So this is my 5th month here.

Presently, the situation is that my role is not clear. I handle a few things but that (even I admit) does not justify my pay anymore. The founder knew that I have entrepreneurial pursuits, and told me today: "Think of something you can start while working with us, within the realms of our own venture, something that will bring us revenue, and you become the founder of that project and take a cut of the revenue."

In case I'm not able to come up with anything, is is safe to say that I'll be jobless without money.

I see this proposal as one having a lot of Fastlane prospects. I get a salary, and I can start a revenue stream under their brand, and get a cut along with my salary. Later on, I can just quit job, and still have my revenue on while I focus on building my own gaming blog and YouTube channel.

The organisation is growing exponentially in terms of revenue. From YouTube, Workshops, Book Sales, Merch Sales etc, has a very positive image everywhere, and a really really dedicated community (primarily because their diet programs have reversed chronic diseases of many people and their loved ones).

These aspects I believe are something I can leverage while formulating a new project meant to bring in revenue.

While my mind is in cohoots trying to figure what I can start, I have a few ideas:
1. Our audience is majorly from one country. We are getting many queries from the USA, I think we should expand to the USA to open up more financial possibilities. How can I do this, considering our strengths?
2. We have an email list of 100,000 but still no newsletters etc. I'm think I could set up a substack, and start a newsletter. Should I?
3. We have a really strong community (majorly women) but no space where they can interact with us or have discussions among themselves. Should we start forums etc. on our website. We get around 1000 visitors each day, mostly direct.

The other thing that bothers me about this venture is that we do not have any Control. Yes we have 3.8 million subscribers on YouTube, some 800K followers on Instagram (unpaid). These people are the ones signing up for our workshops and buying our books/merch. Any method in which I can bring this insanely large community under our control, and make revenue?

Do you think there are other ways in which I can bring revenue to this firm?
This sounds mighty interesting and full of potential for you and the business.
It's massively important to say yes in principal to the Founder (if you haven't already).
Feel free in contact me if you want a sounding board and a bit of moral support etc.
Looks like your about to switch lanes!

sa_ill

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Feb 10, 2020
This sounds mighty interesting and full of potential for you and the business.
It's massively important to say yes in principal to the Founder (if you haven't already).
Feel free in contact me if you want a sounding board and a bit of moral support etc.
Looks like your about to switch lanes!
Have said yes.
I have a good rapport with the founders, but my role is still kind of sporadic.
I can sense that they expect more out of me.

D

Deleted109241

Have said yes.
I have a good rapport with the founders, but my role is still kind of sporadic.
I can sense that they expect more out of me.
Good!

You can map out a role for yourself with overarching aims & objectives along with appropriate milestones.

btw I’ve been there. The big thing I missed the first time around was being clear of my expectations and aspirations for me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.