The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hey MJ your forum sucks!

cants

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 10, 2011
MJ! why didn't you tell me that you practiced Law of attraction to get rich? And you guys who hang out here are a bunch of 20 year olds struggling to make money with your ideas.

LOLLLL

Just kidding. I was on amazon just a seconds ago and have read this review on the MFL. It's so stupid that I can't help but laugh at the mentality. Law of attaction, seriously?

I liked this book and thought it was interesting and motivational. I had already read Think and Grow Rich - the book on which this is based. There are many paths to wealth and I dislike the way he dismisses education and employment in the book, since that can be a good path for some. The facebook founder (shining example of a young rich man) had a Computer science tutor as a child AND half of a Harvard Education, even if he didn't graduate. Sometimes an education and a day job can really help get people started. Not everyone can write unique enough software to make a difference or millions. I think the book has solid advice, but the fastlane forum is misleading. It claims that advice there is from true millionaires, but it seems that most are 20 - 30 somethings struggling with some business idea for a few months and then going back to the day jobs they had before. The few that may have a few bucks seem to be a little arrogant and almost all have the expensive car value system - as if that were the only measure of success. The Lamborghini forum is better if that is your focus. He complains about teachers like Suze Orman and although he is completely right about her - she did not make her money by practicing what she preaches neither did the author of this book! He practiced LOA, and attracted his money. Once rich he denounced how he actually got rich - ladled some concepts and processes on top and pretended as if he actually worked for his success. That is why he can't replicate his success with this current book. I mean it's great, and does ok on Amazon, but that forum seems like a failure to me, and it's not making him the multi-millions he got via LOA. Still a good read... just saying...

sidewalkers :p

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

911Carrera

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Aug 1, 2011
I know you're being sarcastic but why are you reposting this here? Remember, never help spread negativity ever. The book gets mostly positive reviews so focus on those.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I know you're being sarcastic but why are you reposting this here? Remember, never help spread negativity ever. The book gets mostly positive reviews so focus on those.

I dunno, man, this is pretty funny, and anything that puts a smile on my face I see as positive, no matter how dumb or messed up it is.

Plus, I'm not 20 yet. :p

cants

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 10, 2011

Chillax and Try to understand the Humor my friend.

mlcmartin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Feb 5, 2011
The reviewer obviously likes to think that way.. let him think that way. Everyone has the right to have their own opinion, don't they?.. ;)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The stupidity of the review (and the obvious lack of intelligence of the author per his 4th grade writing level) actually lends credibility to my book.

Funny stuff.

cants

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 10, 2011
The reviewer obviously likes to think that way.. let him think that way. Everyone has the right to have their own opinion, don't they?.. ;)

Yes, the LOA part just cracked me up :rofl:

cants

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 10, 2011
The stupidity of the review (and the obvious lack of intelligence of the author per his 4th grade writing level) actually lends credibility to my book.

Funny stuff.

I agree. It's sad how these Law of Attraction thing is messing up peoples lives. I just can't imagine you driving an imaginary lambo while your eyes closed in some basement in the 90s. If you did, that'll be interesting. I believe in the power of goal setting and writing them down but not in the way the LOA folks are promoting.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY

You need to lighten up a little man. :pillowfight:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Undoubtedly written by someone who came here, posted a "I will make a million dollars within 6 months... can you tell me what to do?" threads, and left with their feelings hurt.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Undoubtedly written by someone who came here, posted a "I will make a million dollars within 6 months... can you tell me what to do?" threads, and left with their feelings hurt.

I actually don't think they even made it as far as the forum. My guess is that they read the book, read somewhere that said it would be 'hard work' and thought that went against their core beliefs. They felt that the LOA is the true solution: not the hard work that MJ put in, because the LOA showed him to the hard work, or something. I dunno: I tried reading a James Ray book and it bored the hell out of me lol

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
This LOA thing is not terrible guys. I am not saying that you can just think yourself success, but one has to have a mindset in order to ever expect to be as successful as we want to be. The LOA people that do not act are going to remain, however people that believe they can do it DEFINATELY have much more success. The highly successful people I know say that they always expected to be rich from a young age, and did something about this. They never doubted for 1 second thhat the final outcome would be financial freedom.

I heard this story about 2 guys out fishing, one was bagging only the little fish and throwing the big ones back. The other guy asked why in the world do that? The man replied that he only has a 10 inch frying pan. I think us as entrepreneurs that believe we can do anything and could fry 1000 fish at once, slowlaners tend to have that small frying pan mentality.

I guess this isn't LOA, its more goal setting and belief in yourself.

That reviewer is a douche.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA

That was my exact first impression; someone who is confused and frustrated but makes excuses and lies to themselves("The forum suck" "MJ was just lucky") to cover the real underlying problem.

As for the LOA. Total BS. FOCUS is the key. What you pay attention to and concentrate your effort on the most GROWS. You don't get something by sitting around and fantasizing/thinking about it; you get it by going out and getting it.

BrucetonGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Sep 28, 2011
He practiced LOA, and attracted his money.

[With eyes closed] I want $10 million dollars, I will receive $10 million dollars, I can picture the $10 million in my bank account, I am worthy to receive $10 million dollars, I deserve $10 million dollars, I will receive $10 million dollars.....repeat 10x's [Open eyes]........still no $10 million...........

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas

Funny stuff.

Just so you know, since I probably write in a 4th grade level.. I did not write this.

Probably.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011

umadbro?

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
[With eyes closed] I want $10 million dollars, I will receive $10 million dollars, I can picture the $10 million in my bank account, I am worthy to receive $10 million dollars, I deserve $10 million dollars, I will receive $10 million dollars.....repeat 10x's [Open eyes]........still no $10 million...........

Different take - Imagine you are driving a car, and you know that when you press gas it goes, and you kind of know how much to turn the wheel to make it go left or right... and there is a light ahead that just turned yellow. Well, law of attraction is when you go through that light knowing you will make it and knowing you won't get pulled over. Could it be just positive thinking while doing something - instead of wishful thinking without action.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
This is what really got my attention:
I mean it's great, and does ok on Amazon, but that forum seems like a failure to me, and it's not making him the multi-millions he got via LOA.

MJ, you should have told me the forum was created to make millions! I feel cheated! I'm a Mod and I did not know this!!!!!

:cool:

theDarkness

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jul 11, 2012
He "attracted" his money. That's rich.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
MJ, you should have told me the forum was created to make millions!

Funny ... starting a forum is the last thing I would have done to "make millions" -- there are a million better $ making opportunities - a forum is not one of them. Additionally, writing a book is another road that isn't the best "make millions" path out there.

Not surprisingly, some people think that writing a book about about making money is an easy way to make millions. Just write a book and wham, look, millions sold and I did nothing!

The fact is, authors usually become authors for some other motive other than to help people.

Rule #1 of Authorship 101 is to write a book to enhance your brand, book speaking gigs, and/or to create a marketing funnel. Notice that these motives have nothing to do with helping an audience. This was the first thing that bothered me when I started to educate myself on the non-fiction writing world -- if you write a book, you must UPSELL into your seminars, coaching programs, and 4-day workshops.

Selling tens of thousands of books (or anything) isn't as easy as so many people believe.

He "attracted" his money. That's rich.

Makes me wonder if the guy even read the book as I *rip* the LOA in Chapter 21.

For anyone considering writing a book that goes against conventional thinking, these kinds of things are par for the course -- the cost of doing business.

Amail

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 12, 2012
North San Diego County
Sorry to make a no-value post, but:

I wish this thread would go away. Seeing the title pisses me off every time. It's like a red flag - I can't stand seeing something as valuable as this forum denegrated like this. I get it - it's tongue in cheek. It's still not the headline I like to see.

I'm with 911Carrera on this. This thread gives the reviewer way way more traction than he deserves.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I vote this thread is CLOSED. :icon_toilet:

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
It's a miracle there are not more reviews like this. Is it news that majority are unable to think? It's one of your clients, get back to work! :)

This thread gives the reviewer way way more traction than he deserves.

The only way to combat irrationality is to mock it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.