The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello! Any other tech-minded creatives here?

alanavera

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Apr 20, 2020
Chicago
Hey Fastlaners!

My name is Alana and I read Millionaire Fast Lane after it was recommended to me by a friend. I have a background in sales, clean energy tech (Tesla, PetroSavers), audio engineering, music, art, raw foods, and I generally just love making things and DIY’ing it. I had a recording studio in Los Angeles and I recorded and produced a whole solo album myself, but I had no clue what I was doing with money and I honestly wasn’t keen on the idea of traveling for a living as an artist, though I loved performing, recording, and writing.

I learned about Dave Ramsey and I admittedly sold my car and did a whole bunch of other crazy things to save money but income generation was limited. I’ve had to rely on my family for finances while recovering from some pretty serious physical ailments, but I’m doing much better and always learning and trying my best no matter what the challenge.

The past few years, I have been really trying everything to create financial autonomy for myself and I put off music for years because my health and physical healing had to be a priority. What was interesting was that I finally realized music didn’t have to be the thing that carried me financially and it opened up a million other doors, at least conceptually and creatively. I’ve always had an entrepreneurial spirit, but now I feel ready to embrace it.

My biggest struggle right now is that for the past few years, I’ve been developing a new concept that involves personal branding - but I also realize that’s trading time for money and I can’t just sell off my personal brand. So I see the value in working on other concepts, at least to help potentially support my personal brand concept at the very least. I’m just beginning to bend my brain a bit more to see what other concepts I might be able to develop and come up with. I came up with an e-commerce related idea that requires quite a bit of capital (probably $100-$250k if I were to estimate), which I don’t have, so I’m hanging onto it while I explore other ideas. However if you’re an app developer and want to partner on something, maybe we can talk about exploring it!

Anyhow, I’d love to hear your concepts that have worked for you that have taken very little capital to start (like MJ’s lead website perhaps?).

Hope that wasn’t too long of an intro but nice to meet you all!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome aboard Alana. If you're the creative type, video is a great platform to start generating activity. Several of us here have YouTube channels, and that generates all sort of possibilities.

Something to consider, anyway.

alanavera

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Apr 20, 2020
Chicago
Welcome aboard Alana. If you're the creative type, video is a great platform to start generating activity. Several of us here have YouTube channels, and that generates all sort of possibilities.

Something to consider, anyway.

Thank you for the welcome!

Funny you say that, as I am participating in a seven day YouTube challenge this week. LOL! It does seem like a good route to start with for the personal brand, especially as a creative person. I was planning on combining affiliate income with eventually developing courses, eBooks, and other content within my control that I might be able to scale. Entry wise, anyone can do it, but there’s a lot of opportunity to niche down and still make decent money with the right sales and marketing strategies as well as proper strategic planning with product/service offerings.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...