The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO Hello! Any other tech-minded creatives here?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

alanavera

New Contributor
Apr 20, 2020
Chicago
Hey Fastlaners!

My name is Alana and I read Millionaire Fast Lane after it was recommended to me by a friend. I have a background in sales, clean energy tech (Tesla, PetroSavers), audio engineering, music, art, raw foods, and I generally just love making things and DIY’ing it. I had a recording studio in Los Angeles and I recorded and produced a whole solo album myself, but I had no clue what I was doing with money and I honestly wasn’t keen on the idea of traveling for a living as an artist, though I loved performing, recording, and writing.

I learned about Dave Ramsey and I admittedly sold my car and did a whole bunch of other crazy things to save money but income generation was limited. I’ve had to rely on my family for finances while recovering from some pretty serious physical ailments, but I’m doing much better and always learning and trying my best no matter what the challenge.

The past few years, I have been really trying everything to create financial autonomy for myself and I put off music for years because my health and physical healing had to be a priority. What was interesting was that I finally realized music didn’t have to be the thing that carried me financially and it opened up a million other doors, at least conceptually and creatively. I’ve always had an entrepreneurial spirit, but now I feel ready to embrace it.

My biggest struggle right now is that for the past few years, I’ve been developing a new concept that involves personal branding - but I also realize that’s trading time for money and I can’t just sell off my personal brand. So I see the value in working on other concepts, at least to help potentially support my personal brand concept at the very least. I’m just beginning to bend my brain a bit more to see what other concepts I might be able to develop and come up with. I came up with an e-commerce related idea that requires quite a bit of capital (probably $100-$250k if I were to estimate), which I don’t have, so I’m hanging onto it while I explore other ideas. However if you’re an app developer and want to partner on something, maybe we can talk about exploring it!

Anyhow, I’d love to hear your concepts that have worked for you that have taken very little capital to start (like MJ’s lead website perhaps?).

Hope that wasn’t too long of an intro but nice to meet you all!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome aboard Alana. If you're the creative type, video is a great platform to start generating activity. Several of us here have YouTube channels, and that generates all sort of possibilities.

Something to consider, anyway.

OP
OP
A

alanavera

New Contributor
Apr 20, 2020
Chicago
Welcome aboard Alana. If you're the creative type, video is a great platform to start generating activity. Several of us here have YouTube channels, and that generates all sort of possibilities.

Something to consider, anyway.
Thank you for the welcome!

Funny you say that, as I am participating in a seven day YouTube challenge this week. LOL! It does seem like a good route to start with for the personal brand, especially as a creative person. I was planning on combining affiliate income with eventually developing courses, eBooks, and other content within my control that I might be able to scale. Entry wise, anyone can do it, but there’s a lot of opportunity to niche down and still make decent money with the right sales and marketing strategies as well as proper strategic planning with product/service offerings.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
In 2016 when I was doing dropshipping (fairly successful at the time) and a very close friend of...
MARKETPLACE How To Create A 100K-1M+ Sales Funnel
@Lyinx lol man, okay. Just to make it clear to everyone else, I'm not involved with...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This is your May reminder that you can do this. I'll keep it short. These are the May promos...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks! This is a cool idea, actually. I would like to use your experience as I heard that these...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
would this be available in paper version? I know it's short, but most of my family is...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here is where you eliminate uncertainty from the future! I wanted to post this image as I...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock