• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Join now and within minutes, you can start getting advice from real millionaire entrepreneurs who live the dream.

*UNSCRIPTED* Have you had your "FTE"? (Or Was it an FTM?!)

Discussion in 'Mindset, Motivation, Choices' started by MJ DeMarco, May 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. WinTheDay

WinTheDay Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $229
    I've had plenty of FTM's over the past 2 years.

Many being from jobs and past relationships but none of them seemed to last much longer than a few days or weeks at best.

Then finally a FTE happened at 20 years old, a few months ago actually. While I was working as a valet driver ironically enough and our manager had just ran off with a week and a halfs worth of pay, about $350 for me. Then one of the workers who was supposedly a friend of mine took over and took all of the hours and started treating us like pieces of shit all while giving himself a pay raise. Nothing pissed me off so bad than to be literally taken advantage of by someone I was just on the same level as.

So I did what anyone who was wired the same as us would do. I tried to start my own fucking Valet company with one of the workers who is a good buddy of mine, pitched my idea to the local barbershop and was able to get started made $70 bucks the first day but that ultimately failed relatively quickly. My buddy went back to work for the Valet spot but I said no way in hell I am going back there so I am currently on my 6th attempt on my Entrepreneur journey with 5 failures on my belt. The difference is that I don't have a choice, my FTE put me in a do or die situation, I've been working hard daily and just keep "turning the gumball machine" until my gold one comes out. Since my event I stopped dabbling, I stopped taking daily/weekly breaks from business, I've gone all in.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  2. corius

corius Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $428
    Thanks to everyone for sharing. Some of your FTE's are pretty intense.

Mine happened 2/22/17. I had melted steel fall inside my ear. 3 surgeries and almost 3 months later and cleared to return back to work. Permanent hearing loss but the surgeon did his best to make me look normal again. (My left ear is a little bit skewed now)

And the funny thing is just this morning my wife and I argued. She said that I have become obsessed with starting my own company and I should spend time with the family instead of reading while everyone is watching TV. (Her words made me realize that it truly was an event and not just a moment)

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

3. JWelch

JWelch Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,223
    That's a pretty bad thing to experience but it sounds like your head is where it needs to be now. Sometimes a little obsession is what's needed.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    Kurtis Bedward and ZF Lee like this.
  4. LuckyPup

LuckyPup Digital Wantrepreneur Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $394
    F-ing Mercy. I live in St. Louis and could share some Mercy stories that would make your blood boil. Bunch of crooked assholes wrapped in a cloak of psuedo Christianity.

Kurtis Bedward and ZF Lee like this.
  5. LuckyPup

LuckyPup Digital Wantrepreneur Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $394
    1) Working as a drug rep I celebrated my 30th birthday with a cancer diagnosis. I'm laying in my hospital bed the day after surgery and my district manager calls me and asks when I can "get back out in the field." Decided to quit that day, but waited six months to do it until my 401k vested.

2) Worked for an obese, narcissistic boss whose chronic lateness to meetings collectively wasted weeks, of not months of our team's time; who took credit for other people's work and who blatantly reneged on a salary agreement we had (my fault for not getting in writing). I didn't quit right away, but instead used the job and the salary while starting my business. Boss used me for a few years, so I used the boss right back, quid pro quo. Gave 'em a dose of their own medicine. Maybe not the best way to do it, but fuck 'em.

6. LauraLou

LauraLou Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $172
    I was already thinking about leaving, but I had my first review for my PhD, and my external reviewer was less than kind to me.

For those who don't know, academics are very stuck in their ways. The bad review was because I was using a different method to the one that he was researching.

I got the results of my review half way through a training day with the company that sponsored me. Both of my supervisors, after an entire year of saying that I was doing fine and to just carry on with what I'm doing, had thrown me under the bus in an attempt to save their reputations by destroying mine. I left the training day mid-exercise and honestly it's the best decision I've ever made :)

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

7. Pete799p

Pete799p Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $811
    One of many: Working 60 hours a week for a small salary, no benefits, and I had to use my car = less then minimum wage. Was running ghetto multifamily buildings (actually taking over vacant REOs, then throwing everybody out dope dealers and all, then busting my ass to get them stabilized) . The gangs were all at war and it was the height of the depression so people were desperate.

You would have thought I would have quit after:
    Being assigned a building because my friend quit after getting chased out of it by a masked man with a gun who started shooting at him, or after kicking the door in to a unit in a new building we took over to find a body in the bath tub with a bullet hole in his head, or the countless death threats received, or after witnessing a double homicide in front of the building I was at collecting rent, or when me and my construction crew got held up by some crack heads who ended up putting one of my guys in the hospital after beating him with the but end of a pistol, or the cockroaches bed bugs & rats the size of small dogs, or when I was assaulted and robbed in broad daylight, or when my car window got shot out while I was driving that the company said they would reimburse me for but never did, or...

But I didn't.
    I kept showing up early and leaving late. I worked late nights doing collections and weekends for no pay. It got so bad down there my family offered to pay me just so I would quit.

But I never quit.
    I got fired after being thrown under the bus by an incompetent manager, who was eventually demoted, to save his own ass.

The rest is history. One of these days I'll get around to sending him a thank you card.

Last edited: May 26, 2017 at 12:10 AM
    amp0193, Kurtis Bedward and ZF Lee like this.
  8. Kurtis Bedward

Kurtis Bedward New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $33
    I was contracting working on the train tracks and id see people who were full blown cunts basically get jobs over me when i contributed a lot more & always gave 100% to my job, well mannered and professional but then I realised there is no loyalty from my contracting company or managers who kept giving these idiots vans with fuel card and the easiest shifts while I was driving my own car with my own petrol to different cities every week. Basically favouritism but i couldn't understand why because they were shit at they did and brought the company more problems.

As a labour contractor its no fun at all most the time, i was in the cold changing rail components, lifting heavy gear, being spoken to like shit, being used as a scape goat because you're are the contractor and the official bodies cant do anything wrong, all this shit while the official bodies would just watch and drink coffee, hardly lift a finger on track.

I said fuck this shit and applied for literally 100 jobs with the UKs main railway company for a contracted and other benefits (im aware of the slowlane actions but its temporary I just had to get off contracting its awful). Been at my new job for 6 months now & before I opened the forum today I came into work to find my line managers not in when they should be, my other 10 colleagues are off, the sun is shining and im basically locked in this corporate building until 3pm officially. Im sitting here with next to nothing to do.

This isn't living, this isn't what I was born to do. Everyday is while im in a 9-5 job is FTE. I do my job well and i am tipped for the next promotion but this slowlane life just isn't a life for me. I was born to live a winner life & so were you guys. I get home and i continue to grind for a better life, I wont stop until one of my business kick off and I think this year is going to be the best one yet!

Loved reading all your FTE's and I hope everybody is on the way to a winner life or there already!

9. amp0193

amp0193 Platinum Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $22,376
    You win.