The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can You ‘Forget’ your FTE?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Alvintanto

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 9, 2019
Can you ‘forget’ your FTE?

Yes, this thread is about me but I hope to also represent people facing the same, just using myself as an example.

As told by MJ, a FThis Event is traumatic.
i dont think traumas are that easy to forget.
As a good saying goes :

“If you never lie, you don’t have to remember anything.”

I don’t advice taking the quote too practically. But a lot of times I do, and it made my brain a habit to burn bridges and move on. The only thing left are emotional and psychological milestones, not events.

I’ve been living myself out of college, paid debts, pay own bills from business income, sometimes freelance. I’m a mechanical engineer with business in the same field.

It was very easy to land a 9-to-5 with my almamater in Indonesia. But I chose the other way and start a business instead.

I’m not struggling to pay bills and play, but life is mediocre. I’m scared by how comfortable it is and how a full belly can make you forget earlier desperation. Its scary how Mediocrity is SO COMFORTABLE.

And then I realized that my business isn’t good enough. It’s basically a job. I’m not in a cubicle yet stuck. And then found TMF and Unscripted .

The FTE Chapter strucks me hard.

The moment I chose entrepreneurship is a day where I must decide whether to work in Adid*s or take Master Welder Certification. Both high-paying. But I chose to struggle for freedom. That day I was scared and anxious like never before I developed a fever, and 3 ulcers in my mouth, IN A DAY.
It was the craziest day ever.

But I still wonder if this is my FTE, if I had to question it?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Alvintanto

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 9, 2019
FYI,
College in Indonesia is very affordable. So what I meant by ‘debt’ wasn’t student loan but personal. I currently have no debts.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
A real FTE will not be forgotten.

Regarding your story..... I believe it is very different for each person what their FTE might be.

For example, two people can go through exactly the same miserable experience and one will find it so bad, that it becomes his FTE, while the other person simply see's it as annoying or unpleasant.

An FTE will always be unique to you!

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
True FTE's are not forgotten. They are seared into the very fiber of who you are, a constant reminder of why you are becoming someone new. They are often the last vestige of hope and strength, keeping you going in the desert of desertion most entrepreneurs must eventually cross.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.