The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What made your life improved after you had your FTE

rayi7

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Nov 1, 2021
After graduation i was working in menial jobs and and i had my FTE recently. I cant do this anymore. i have been researching about starting something from ground with zero to minimal investment. Even though i wanna change this situation badly. i am really broke af. Learnt a coding course recently and trying job in that field also. Along with that i am looking for options to start as a side hustle. When i look at the options i can see Affiliate marketing, Drop shipping, you tube and trading. but these things are highly competitive and also over saturated. when you had your first FTE with no money whats the next step you took which made your situation better?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Evelio

MarketingLoopholes.com
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 21, 2014
Miami
First of all, congratulations.

You mentioned that you just graduated, which tells me you're young.

The fact that you have a hunger for more also tells me you have a bright future ahead.

But you have some roadblocks to conquer, and the journey will not be easy.

You're going to feel stuck at times...

And you'll often tell yourself you do not have money or resources.

Or that you're not skilled enough to solve those problems...

Or that you are not good enough...

And those are all normal parts of the journey.

Think of them as different levels in a game you get to conquer.

Each level brings a different monster (roadblock).

And every time you defeat those monsters, you get a worthy reward (sometimes the rewards aren't obvious).

I would approach things from a different angle...

Instead of looking for business models to follow... YouTube, Affiliate Marketing, Programming Etc...

Look for PROBLEMS to solve.

So, my suggestion to you is.

Get F*cking excited.

Forget about the things you do not have.

Money is just a tool, and there are alternatives.

For now, pick an audience you want to focus on helping...

It can be new moms... People going through life changes like retirement... Business owners... etc

Start noticing problems those audiences have in common... (Especially people who have money).

Level 1: Your First Challenge

Write down a list of problems or frustrations you notice people complain about.

They come in the form of... I hate this... or This F*cking sucks... Or I can't believe this is happening to me... etc...

Once you have a list of problems you might want to solve, you can proceed to Level 2 of the game.

Don't worry about having the skills or experience to solve them for now...

We can talk about it then.

Last edited:

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Aug 26, 2023
with no money whats the next step you took which made your situation better?

Sell. Selling is the most important, most undervalued skill, IMHO!

I was broke as F too. I became an agent and did door-to-door selling. Try it. It can do the following:

1. Door-to-door sales is the fire that burns your ego, melts your expectations, and gives you clarity about dealing with fractionally less shrewd people than you would meet in your entrepreneurship journey!

2. Negotiation: a skill acquired with knowledge and experience via sales alone.

3. Understanding Human psychology concerning spending.

4. Understanding and categorizing the decision maker in the deal. Mostly not the man wearing pants in front of you!

5. Polishing your sales speech from zero to hero!

The Cons:

1. It's hard.

2. It has the potential to shatter entrepreneurship dreams!

Last edited:

rayi7

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Nov 1, 2021
First of all, congratulations.

You mentioned that you just graduated, which tells me you're young.

The fact that you have a hunger for more also tells me you have a bright future ahead.

But you have some roadblocks to conquer, and the journey will not be easy.

You're going to feel stuck at times...

And you'll often tell yourself you do not have money or resources.

Or that you're not skilled enough to solve those problems...

Or that you are not good enough...

And those are all normal parts of the journey.

Think of them as different levels in a game you get to conquer.

Each level brings a different monster (roadblock).

And every time you defeat those monsters, you get a worthy reward (sometimes the rewards aren't obvious).

I would approach things from a different angle...

Instead of looking for business models to follow... YouTube, Affiliate Marketing, Programming Etc...

Look for PROBLEMS to solve.

So, my suggestion to you is.

Get F*cking excited.

Forget about the things you do not have.

Money is just a tool, and there are alternatives.

For now, pick an audience you want to focus on helping...

It can be new moms... People going through life changes like retirement... Business owners... etc

Start noticing problems those audiences have in common... (Especially people who have money).

Level 1: Your First Challenge

Write down a list of problems or frustrations you notice people complain about.

They come in the form of... I hate this... or This F*cking sucks... Or I can't believe this is happening to me... etc...

Once you have a list of problems you might want to solve, you can proceed to Level 2 of the game.

Don't worry about having the skills or experience to solve them for now...

We can talk about it then.
Thanks bro! Actually i am not recently graduated. its been 4 years since i graduated and i ve been wandering like a lost soul. i was a person with lowself esteem. Last job i worked was in retail sales. which improved my self esteem a lot better. Recently i ve had enough. i cant wander like this anymore. i want to take responsibility of my life completely. You mentioned about noting down problems people face. I ve been thinking about this a lot. I was looking my life problems and think like there would many people suffer with these issues. so if i can find a solution to these problems. that would benefit me and others. That self doubt creepy part is always there for me. i think actions will overcome my self doubt. from today i will look out for problems and frustrations people have. i will take it as a challenge!

rayi7

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Nov 1, 2021
Sell. Selling is the most important, most undervalued skill, IMHO!

I was broke as F too. I became an agent and did door-to-door selling. Try it. It can do the following:

1. Door-to-door sales is the fire that burns your ego, melts your expectations, and gives you clarity about dealing with fractionally less shrewd people than you would meet in your entrepreneurship journey!

2. Negotiation: a skill acquired with knowledge and experience via sales alone.

3. Understanding Human psychology concerning spending.

4. Understanding and categorizing the decision maker in the deal. Mostly not the man wearing pants in front of you!

5. Polishing your sales speech from zero to hero!

The Cons:

1. It's hard.

2. It has the potential to shatter entrepreneurship dreams!
Thank you, Currently i am working in sales. for the past one year. i can say how much it improved my assertiveness skills, communication and negotiation also self esteem. I was keenly looking for a problem to solve while working in sales. but i couldnt find any. thats made me stuck. i think gradually it will come to me

rayi7

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Nov 1, 2021
Seek truth from facts, first solve the problem of food and clothing.
Actually i am in a place where i have enough food and clothing. thank god i am taking care of myself. the problem is i am confused about the next steps to take

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
when you had your first FTE with no money whats the next step you took which made your situation better?
Get a job and make some money.

Treat the FTE as a commitment to a new path.

All of your time/energy off the job (and as much as you can spare on the job) is laser focused on that objective.

But you still have to pay your bills, so keep the job until you've got an alternative ready to go.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
The “side hustles” you mentioned are all a waste of time. Get a job to pay your bills and work on a fastlane business, or developing your coding skills to the point where you can get a better job (and then a fastlane) on the side, not a “side hustle”.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...