The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Proven Path to a Fastlane (Still Open for 2024)

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Is web design still a profitable business in 2024?

If you've been following me here or on Youtube, you probably know that I started a web design business back in 2016. If you missed it, I have a full gold thread on how it went here.

In short, things went very well, I posted about it online, others wanted some help starting their own online web design businesses, and eventually the school (and now this program) got started.

Since then I have worked with hundreds of people, helping many to start their first consistently profitable online business.

But as far as things go a lot has changed since 2016 – the economy, politics, business trends, the global marketplace and so on. Every week there is some new global event, and it is easy to get distracted.

While on the surface it looks like a lot has changed, I don't think it has. I feel strongly that the web design business model and the principles behind it haven't really changed one bit. And the people focused on the right approach to web design are doing better than ever (I have top students doing $10,000 to $25,000 deals consistently).

So if you're ready, let's get started ...

Can web design still work in 2024 and if so is it a good choice?

This thread somewhat assumes that you are open to the idea of starting a web design business. Maybe you have even thought about trying web design in the past, but were not 100% sure if it was the right thing for YOU to pursue with all the different options out there.

Either way, the most common questions (and what we will cover in this thread) are:
  • Is web design still a good option?
  • Can I learn this with no past experience?
  • How hard is it to learn web design and make money?
  • How fast can I sell my first project and get profitable?
  • How much coding skills do I have to know to sell websites?
  • Is it too late for me to compete against others doing this for years?
  • Can I take this step without getting stuck in something that's NOT right for me?
If any of these questions sound familiar, then keep reading because I’ll answer all these below.

My goal is that by the time you finish reading this thread, you can definitively say either—“Yes, web design is a good option that fits with my long-term Fastlane plans”—or—“No, I can safely rule out web design for now.”

If you get stuck at any point, just use this form to get more info (and I will email you directly also).

On top of this, you likely want a business to tick some important boxes:

These are the common personal requirements we see people asking about when it comes to web design. They are not exactly questions, but more "will it be possible to achieve this" type goals.

Let’s cover them first...
  • You’re looking for a business model with very little or no downside risk
  • You don't want to get caught up in "the next big thing" that's gone a week later.
  • You are looking for a viable business model that can actually work - no playing around
  • You prefer to build a skill set that is transferable if needed and useful in all business areas
  • You need to be able to start right away using only the skills and resources you already have
  • You don't want to have to go back to square one and start from scratch - or worse, try to get a job
  • You don’t have the ability to invest $10,000s to buy a business or be able to order a bunch of inventory
  • You need to be cash flow positive in a short period of time. You can't wait all year to start making money
  • You want something easy to run without employees, an office, face-to-face meetings, or supply chains.
  • You also want something that can be part of your bigger long-term Fastlane plan
If some or all of these sound like things you want in your next business idea, the good news is that web design checks all these boxes and more. If you want to see how, just keep reading. I'll show you how in this post.

So what does it take to succeed in web design in 2024?

Over the past 4+ years, I've been fortunate enough to help a lot of people get started with a profitable web design business. Through my own YouTube channel, this forum and several other places, we have built a great private community that helps everyone win big.

I try not to promote web design too much on the forums, but through my web design program there has been at least 300-350 members on here that I have helped get started with their first successful online business.

I also have my own Fox Web School YouTube channel (over 35,000 subscribers), my freelancing Instagram page (173,000 followers), and my email list of nearly 20,000 people.

All of these different places mean that I have now directly helped and coached literally thousands of different web designers and freelancers.

And what I want to cover below are the clear trends I have noticed on why some people succeed, while others get stuck or fail over and over.

And these strategies that we will cover do make a BIG difference.

I have had students with zero experience sell their very first website for MORE than some web designers with 5+ years experience have ever made on a single project.

AND it's not just about making profits either - they also do an amazing job of helping their clients get REAL business results.

It is a total win-win for everyone involved.

"So what are the different approaches and why do some people succeed and others don't?"

Let's start by looking at what NOT to do...

The 2 Common Approaches to Web Design That WON'T Make You Profitable

#1 Wrong Approach - Focusing 100% on learning coding and technical skills

95%+ of web designers fail to achieve freedom because they spend all their time developing technical skills. They think that if they are experts in Javascript or Wordpress, they will be in demand and profitable.

They quickly find out, though, that it just doesn’t work that way. Business owners don’t think in terms of code and design — they instead keep focused on their most important business challenges or problems.

Can you imagine a business meeting where the owner tells his team, “We badly need to put more money into HTML and CSS this month”? That is never going to happen!

What matters most to a business owner is what clearly keeps their business running and growing. These are going to be areas like increasing sales, attracting new customers, or making sure everything is running efficiently.

It is these key business areas where you need to clearly show how you can help.

This is now twice as important in 2024. If you can’t help with creating sales, customers, or better systems most businesses are not going to want to listen to you at the moment. They want big results - right now.

It is in the key most important business areas where you need to clearly show how you can help.

To succeed you have to present what you can offer in a way that matters to them. If it isn’t easy for them to see the value in what you are selling, they will put it at the bottom of the list with 1,000 other things that need to be done someday.

What gets their attention is “here is how you can get more customers” not “I could improve your old Javascript”.

The people who do best don’t focus on selling the technical stuff - instead they look for ways to create value and then make it appealing for a business owner to invest in.

Often they actually have very little or average technical skills.

While advanced coding skills may get you a job, they alone won't make you an entrepreneur. Focusing too much on your technical skills usually results in you becoming just another cog in someone else's business. With a "need to learn more code" mindset, it is easy to become overqualified without a clear way to make money or sell yourself.

Unfortunately, a lot of web designers don't see this and keep going in the wrong direction.

And when it doesn't work, they mistakenly double down on the very skills that are already hurting them the most... "I don't get it - I can code amazingly - why can't I find work?".

I get a lot of this kind of DMs all the time - it doesn't work.

Also there are so many easy ways to make a website in 2022 with very basic coding skills and anything extra on top of that can be easily outsourced. The truth is you don’t need to be that good technically to run a profitable web design business. The real skills that make you profitable are often not technical.

(A lot of old school web designers or people who paid big money for coding degrees will disagree. BUT these same people complain they can’t get hired and there are no good clients. Business and selling skills always come first.)

Wrong Approach #2 – You focus on building beautifully-designed, custom-coded websites.

A lot of web design gurus out there will teach people that this is where the money is — spending weeks building fancy, custom-coded websites. But this approach doesn’t work well either.

First, you will end up working around the clock to make the perfect design. When you focus on selling design, you attract clients who think about how things look, rather than how well they work. You’ll have clients focused on the design of every pixel, section, and button. Many times, it means a lot of extra hours added to the project and dozens of rounds of changes.

I am sure some people on here have horror stories of these sort of projects! Design focused projects can be a nightmare.

Secondly, though, very few businesses care about design in the first place. When they don’t know what they want, they might say, “design,” but what they are really after is a solution to a deeper problem.

Your clients don’t really need elaborate custom illustrations, 3D graphics, tons of animations, and award-winning design. They don’t care much about a totally unique, fully custom website that’s nothing like a visitor has ever seen before.

What they are looking for is a real change in their business. They are secretly hoping that the fancy new design helps them get more sales, or brings in new customers. Often when you get to the core issue it was never really about design - it was something bigger they were after.

The cool thing is when you identify what really matters you can get a lot better results with much less work. There are way more effective (and easier) ways to help create sales than spending 100 hours on photoshop making custom graphics.

Of course, this doesn’t mean that visual design is useless or bad. It’s just one of the tools we can use to build great results. Just like with technical skills - it is nice to have but don’t let it be what you rely on to build your web business.

----

Where both of the above examples go wrong is the same - putting specific skills before an overall approach that works.

Business owners don’t go to sleep thinking of code or design. They are thinking about their actual business.

Web design gets (very) profitable when you start to think bigger than just code and design...

The main reason people succeed with web design is by shifting their mindset to what really matters.
Instead of focusing on code or design they start to look at things from the business owners perspective.

These web designers only focus 20% of their time on learning technical skills and design, but the other 80% on mastering how to use and market those skills.

Many are not the “best” coders or designers, but they understand how to make their skills extremely valuable in the marketplace.

They realize that running a web design business has very little to do with technical skills or your design ability.

>>> It is all about creative problem solving and adding value. <<<

To give some examples, here are a few of the skills you can quickly develop to be running a profitable web design business in a short amount of time:

1) Problem Solving
Learn to see the overall situation and develop creative solutions that make a difference. This is like the story of the expert who charged $20,000 for fixing one small part in a large factory. He wasn’t paid for the work involved - it was for knowing the right solution

2) Creating Value
This forum knows that money always flows towards value. When you learn to see web design as a tool to be used to help a business solve their problems and achieve their goals, you can quickly increase your prices by 2, 5, 10 or more times. Business owners will always pay well for websites that offer real value.

3) Master Selling
Businesses need cash flow to survive. And every business is interested in either securing their cash flow or growing it. Most likely both. So knowing how to build a website that helps with sales is a super valuable and profitable skill set. (And knowing how to sell helps you get bigger and better web design deals, too).

4) Communicating and Messaging
Along with selling, businesses also need a lot of help ensuring they have the right message that reaches the right people. You become extremely valuable when you can help create and improve their messaging. This skill requires you to identify customer needs and understand the marketplace.

5) Mindset and Self-Management
This is an easy area to work on that gives you a massive boost over the competition. Most web designers struggle with managing themselves and their business. Being able to do both means you can make rapid progress and also see gains in other areas of your life too.

6) Combining Simple Skills
Scott Adams (creator of the Dilbert comic) calls this ‘Talent Stacking’. It is about combining several skills to create massive value. When you have basic proficiency in a bunch of different areas like web design, copywriting, email marketing and so on, you start to open many very profitable opportunities for yourself.

How many of these require a degree in computer science or a $10,000 design bootcamp? None.

But these are the sort of skills that put you at the top of the marketplace. They are what make you profitable and in demand. If you look at any success thread on this forum, you are going to see many people who have succeeded using a combination (or all) of these skills.

These types of skills are where you need to be focused to succeed. They are what will set you up for long term success as both a web designer but also in the bigger picture as an entrepreneur.

With that in mind, let’s look at how you can get started with learning and developing these core business skills...

A realistic plan to succeed at web design in the short, medium, and long term

There are three main stages you will progress through in your web design journey. These stages also show why web design is such a great way to learn the key skills we talked about above and to prepare for your future Fastlane ventures.

***I’ve included student case studies from people on this forum to show you what to expect at each stage. If you are one of the people (or another student), then feel free to add in more details below if you wish.***

The first stage: Getting started

This is where most people are going to be when they first join the program. They will either have started learning the basics of code or will have some coding skills but struggle with sales.

The first goal here is to change how you view web design and to focus on what matters most to a business owner. When you can see why they would buy, you can start to align what you are selling with what they want. This makes it a lot easier to sell, but it also means that what they hire you for is much more valuable for them, too. It is 100% win-win.

The second goal is to help develop a winning mindset for business (and life). After 100s of interactions with students, I’ve noticed that mindset is one of the biggest issues holding most people back. So we put plenty of focus into helping you overcome any mindset issues. Such as self-doubt, procrastination, perfectionism or poor self-management.

In around 1-3 months, our students will typically land their first $1,000+ project. Getting that first win under your belt feels great and creates a ton of momentum! While this isn’t life-changing money, it’s still a great first milestone, and it helps to confirm the fact that you’re building a solid foundation of skills. You’re learning how to sell, how to close deals, and how to manage a project. You’re changing the way you see business. You’re beginning to help others and be in demand.

(Plus it means you will have already paid off the full lifetime access to the program!)

A good example of this is Owen...

Owen joined in May of last year after seeing this thread on here.
He had little in the way of coding or web design experience...

Owen's Success Story-1.png

By August, he was using the sales and business skills from the program to land website and SEO deals...

Owen's Success Story-2.png

And then, by November was able to hit a big personal goal and quit his job. ..

Owen's Success Story-3.png

For a student who shows up and takes action with the program, these are the sort of results we would expect them to hit.

Another great student example is @Isaac Oh

Isaac started a few months back and has gone from a $500 project to a $2,500 project to just recently enjoying his first month of over $10,000. Keep in mind that he only just started to learn code when he joined, too. This isn’t about just charging massive prices either - his clients are getting massive value and huge results from his websites.

***Update***: Isaac has now transitioned into running a full blown agency with the skills he has picked up in this program. He works with some amazing clients and is running a steady 6-figure a year business...

Isaac.png

These posts above are taken from the private FB group, and you will see success posts like this every week.

And here is another recent one from Instagram, of someone who took my previous program that I promoted on the Fastlane forums...

Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 17.15.43.png

Medium Term (2-3 years):

This is where you start to focus on building a steady income and a solid base of clients and referrals.
While big payday projects are great, to succeed long-term, you also want consistent cash flow.

So this stage is all about building the right relationships, helping businesses in a big way, and becoming a longterm trusted advisor.

The cool thing is that as you build more trust with each new client, you also get to learn a lot about how successful businesses grow and thrive. You get an inside look at how their businesses run - which means you can develop real, transferable skills. On some projects, you can get dozens of hours working alongside seasoned successful business owners.

This experience helps with a lot more than just web design. It can be very hard to get this kind of insight elsewhere, but with web design, business owners share openly with you as you work together. You get a lot of exposure to what makes a business successful, what creates sales, and what keeps customers coming back. It’s like a bonus mini MBA of sorts.

To give a few examples of people at this stage who started with just making websites and who are now quickly going Fastlane...

A great example of this is @GuitarManDan. You probably have already seen his own great gold progress thread on here, but I will quickly cover his progress....

Dan started his web design business in 2018 using my previous course and had a very decent year or two. However, he wanted to take things to the next level and didn’t want to get complacent. He then joined the full Fox Legends Program.

After joining, he absolutely crushed it, and along with some big website sales, did super well with building recurring revenue too. To give just one example, he landed a $25,000 sale from a cold email technique that I shared in the course (but Dan gets all the credit for taking tons of consistent action!).

Within the first year he was already well into building a steady six-figure web design and SEO business.

But he didn't stop there...

He has also created a truly Fastlane business on top of his web design business with massive potential. It is still in the early stages of scaling it up, but he is already at over $60/k a month, and this is the exact goal we love to help people towards with the program.

You can see his latest progress here...

Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 17.45.06.png
(Screenshot from Dan's progress thread)

Long-term (3-5 years)

I hinted at this with Dan's story, but our end goal with this approach to web design is much bigger than just making some websites. This last stage is really what separates this program from other options.

As much as we love web design (and we do!), we always see it more of a launching pad than an end destination. Our end goal is always for our students to use their web design experience to go on to launch an even bigger Fastlane-style business.

If you think about any successful Fastlane business, you will need a certain set of skills:
- How to find unfulfilled needs in the marketplace
- How to create a valuable product or service
-How to then sell that product or service
- How to scale your business
- And so on

Once you pick up these skills through web design, you will be ready to keep on moving to the next Fastlane level.
It is a natural next stage and one we have built into the way we run this program from the very beginning.

If have done our job right, during this stage you will feel ready to use what you have learned (and your cash flow from projects) to reach for that next level.

A good example of this is @MJ DeMarco himself. Now obviously, MJ isn’t a student or has taken any of my training, but if you look back at MJ’s story (before his big successes), he first started paying his bills and improving his skills through web design work...

“I aggressively marketed my website. I sent out emails. Cold-called. Mailed letters. I learned search engine optimization (SEO). Because I couldn’t afford books, I visited the Phoenix library daily and persisted to read about Internet programming languages. I improved my website, learned about graphics and copywriting. Anything that could help me, I consumed.

Then one day I had a breakthrough; I received a call from a company in Kansas who raved about my website service and wanted me to design their website. Sure. I obliged with a price of $400. They thought the price was a steal and within 24 hours, I built the company their website.

I was ecstatic. In 24 hours, I had most of the rent payment. Then ironically, not 24 hours later, I received another call from a company in New York asking for the same thing… a new website. I designed theirs for $600 and it took me two days to complete. I had another rent payment!

Now, I know this isn’t a lot of money, but from poverty to $1000 in three days felt like winning the fifty million dollar Powerball.

My first few months in Phoenix, I gained traction and survived on my own for the first time in my life. No flower boy. No bus boy. No pizza delivery. No sponging off mom. I was purely self-employed! I was momentous acceleration, a wind at my back that foreshadowed a directional change into a new universe of wealth generation.’

and...

“I took a contented pause thankful of my recent move and glanced at my bank balance. It was more than $5,000 and it was more money than I ever knew. Now I realize that $5K is not a lot of money, basically it is bankrupt. However at that moment in my life, it meant not having to get a job for at least another year.

You see, that $5,000 bought me one year of freedom. Freedom to pursue success. Freedom to do what was necessary. Freedom to pursue my dream. For the next year, I was guaranteed to own every hour of my life.

Links:
https://www.mjdemarco.com/my-story/

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/one-year-of-flf.56628/#post-417628 (post #17)

This is a great example of starting web design in the best way possible - with a focus on using it to go much further when the time is right. And I fully agree with MJ here and think web design is NOT a great long-term option. The best web designers are always people who used web design to go on to do something much bigger! That is how you make it truly Fastlane.

But for someone on here right now without a solid business plan, who doesn’t have a ton of money in the bank to invest, and who might be struggling with core business abilities such as mindset or sales, then web design can be a perfect option to get you to where you want to be long term.

What are the key ingredients to make Web Design work for me?

The mistake I have seen over and over is people who have the best of intentions, but head completely down the wrong road. They focus on developing the wrong skills, working with the wrong type of clients, and having no idea how to increase their sales or results.

What can seem like progress at first can quickly turn into a dead end. They end up working for free or cheap for months on end, yet things are still not improving. They are no closer to big sales or any real success.

Web design is definitely not an area where hard work is necessarily going to pay off - you have to think strategically.

Where is a good place to start?

Get a good game plan. No matter how low your current skills or experience might seem, with a solid plan you can make massive progress in a short amount of time. Just one or two projects done the right way will add up very fast.

Along with that surround yourself with the people who are already getting good results and learn from them. You don’t need to reinvent the wheel. The people who run successful web design businesses use the same effective tactics over and over again. This is where a coach or mentor is going to be key. You might think I am biased (since I also coach) but I invested a lot in coaching and training when I first started. I still do.

On top of this it's crucial to have a solid support system to keep you motivated and focused. Working as a web designer can be quite challenging if you are fully alone. By being a part of a group of like minded people though, you can keep yourself accountable while making a ton of personal and business progress. A strong network is a must.

These core ingredients to web design success is why we have structured Fox Web School the way we have. We saw what what would work best and then built a program that provides you with everything you need to succeed.

What Fox Web School Can Offer

Nobody needs another generic course that gets you average results. There are plenty of these, and they churn out people who will never make more than a few $100 for a website.

What you need right now is the right coaching and blueprint (along with a proper community) for creating real success. You want a proven program to develop the right skills for you in the right order - and that keeps you motivated and moving in the right direction.

That is exactly what you get when you join Fox Web School.

We focus on helping you master important business skills that make a real difference.

These are skills like:
- finding big needs in the marketplace
- persuasion and communication
- taking huge amounts of action
- overall business strategy
- problem solving skills
- sales and marketing
- solid self-control
- and mindset

And all of this adds up to a dangerous skillset you can then use to build any type of Fastlane business.

In fact, since this program launched in 2019, we have already helped 350+ members directly from this forum plus over 1,300 students total. We have worked hard on making a great program and community that over-delivers and consistently gets results.

This program is known as the “Fox Legends Program". And it was built with a specific end-goal of first helping you to get profitable with web design - and then showing you how to use web design to go even bigger.

To keep this post a bit shorter we haven’t packed it full of reviews (we have 100s) but if you look around this thread or on the forum you will find many. Also, on Trustpilot we have well over one hundred 5-star reviews...

Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 18.09.26.png

We are always working hard to improve things, but the program is already completely proven to help new students see great results and consistent progress.

Based off what has been proven to work best so far the program structure is:

a) Stage one - Get Dialled In
  1. How to quickly develop the mindset of a successful entrepreneur
  2. Why people will buy websites from you (at a high price)
  3. How to quickly learn the business of web design and use it to start any online business
  4. How to control your own internal mindset and actions
b) Stage two - Master the Core Skills
  1. This section of the course will show you how to go from zero to charging $10,000 plus for web design projects. We will cover all you need to know and how to do this with zero previous skills.
  2. You’ll also master selling, prospecting, copywriting, proposals, communication and how to spot and solve large business problems. These are the core skills you need in any business.
  3. You’ll also learn the bigger skills needed to grow and guide a business like goal setting, strategy, planning, thinking big, and creating a vision you and your team can buy into.
c) Stage three - Get Moving Towards Your Goals
  1. In this final section, you’ll be ready to use your combined web experience, skills, and cash flow to start creating your own Fastlane business on top of web design.
  2. We will give you the tools to start finding ideas, know how to add value, how to start a new business around strong market needs, and how to get your first customers rolling in.
  3. The goal of this stage is to help get you ready to create a truly “Fastlane” type business that you can transition into from web design. Web design is great and a fantastic place to start but we will make sure to see you the whole way through to even bigger business success.

(This is an overview of the general stages - use the link below and I will send you a FULL program breakdown)

Also, you get access to our amazing community...

Monthly live calls

Every month, we have several group live calls hosted personally by myself.

There are open format on Zoom - and are a place where you can share your progress, ask questions, get direct feedback, and speed up your learning pace.

Since I have started the program I have hosted several hundred of these calls - which is something you won't see in hardly any other program. (Cause I actually care about getting you results!)

And since we get asked this a lot – we record all calls and have a system in place to get your questions answered if you can’t make a call. This also means all the past live calls are available once you join too!

---

We also try to do some Guest live calls - with some notable past calls being MJ DeMarco himself, along with John Kavanagh (Conor McGregor's coach), and James Jani (1.6 Million Youtube subs).

Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 18.19.51.png
---
Membership to the private Fox Legends Program Facebook group

You’ll also get full access to our private Facebook group, where you can interact with your fellow students. You all know what a private Facebook group is, but this one is different.

For a change, this one is actually very active and high value with detailed posts and daily engagement.

You won’t need to wait longer than a few hours at most to get a response to your question...

Group.png
(This group is still so active after years because we actually care and help you get results!)

And I share this screenshot to once again show you that this program is different and that we do actually care. We have many past members (and myself) in the group daily helping new people to succeed as much as possible.

It is common to see whole sale pitches and proposals get created and then successfully closed in the Facebook group each week! If you join, and have any issues with web design, your business, motivation, mindset etc. – we are always in the group ready to help.

I know from experience just how critical it is to surround yourself with other motivated people if you want to hit your goals. And while I might be a bit biased, I truly believe our community is one of the best places to do that.

(If I’m being honest, this is probably my favourite part of the program. Pretty much everyone who joins is blown away by how supportive all of the members inside the Legends community are.)

Extra Resources

Along with the full program I have also invested back into getting in the best guest coaches possible for some additional bonus courses.

There include:

- Learning Google Ads with @Andy Black
- Copywriting Skills with @Bekit
- Mini Agency Course with Isaac Oh
- Facebook Ads course with Tate Morgan
- Starting SEO course with Steve Deane
- Webflow Starter course from Eli Alcaraz
- As well as bonus coaching calls from a few of the top members on this forum

So it is pretty stacked with all the skills you need to get going!

What you need to be able to join…

We run things a little differently to most communities and it also means our deal is way better.

First off - we give you FULL lifetime access. So once you pay upfront (or complete your plan) you then have full lifetime access to everything. This also means you can access everything once you join - so no waiting around for things to unlock or for you to get access permission.

Which is pretty crazy. Most programs on this level limit you to only 6 or 8 weeks and that is it. I have been happy to continue to help out all the members who have joined over the last 3 years. Which has the added benefit for you of having a ton of experienced people in the group once you join.

Bottom line - I really do care you get real results, and have put everything possible into the program to do so.

We do run a tight operation though, and require a few things from you to make sure it makes sense to work together:

:check: - willingness to commit and stick with a proven plan
:check: - a few hours of time each week to learn and apply what we teach you
:check: - some savings or cash flow to cover your cost of living as you learn the business
:check: - you want real advice that works, and are open to a better way of building an online business

But on the other hand, here are some things that you don’t need to join:

:xx: - advanced or even intermediate coding and programming skills
:xx: - prior business experience - we teach you business skills from scratch
:xx: - a ton of free time - we get that you have a life and maybe a job to support yourself before the biz takes off
:xx: - a personal website, business cards etc. - there are better ways to get started without wasting time
:xx: - living in an English-speaking country (we have many students from Europe, South America and Asia)
:xx: - a perfect mindset - it’s ok if you have some fear and doubts about these types of things. That’s what we’re here for!

If you are willing to apply yourself and have the minimal resource to make this possible, this is a realistic option to start learning web design the right way. If you are a good fit, we will do everything we can to ensure you succeed.

There’s never been a better time to join…

The Fox Legends Program of course isn’t the only way to start an online business, but we do take a lot of hassle out of the way:

- A proven program that works, and has been successfully used by 100s of people on this forum. Some of which are now making $30-50k+/month consistently.

- A focus on the core business skills that matter most. Skills that you can use to succeed in web design, but which also create the business foundation you need for any bigger Fastlane ideas.

- A strong and active community that will help every step of the way. We are a loyal ground of people who want to help you to get going and to see you win!

- A business model that can work in pretty much every country and location on earth. And that also doesn't require you to have some crazy degree or all the right connections.

- A focus on what really matters and that lines up with the Fastlane philosophy. The goal is to NOT have you be a freelancer forever. It is to get you in, show you the skills to succeed, and then get you on to the next level.

And all this adds up to a great next step for anyone looking to get started with their first profitable online business.

PLUS - joining Fox Legends Program is super reasonable for the amount of value you get:

The Legends Program Deal:
The Legends Program used to be a $2,000 investment to join. But while it’s been helping hundreds of people to get massive results, this price is just not possible for some people. They want to join, but can’t afford it.

So what I have done, is reduce the price to allow some more people to join.
If they are ready to go and fully committed!

So, right now, I’m offering it to you for over 60% off the original price.

And this includes all the same lifetime access, and all the training, content, live calls, community and bonus content.

This isn’t just about saving you money – it’s about getting you to commit to your goals and take action.

This is also an exclusive Fastlane deals that I don't offer anywhere else.
I love this forum and want to help as many members as possible - so this is the best price you can join at.

Also keep in mind, the whole focus here is a positive ROI for you on your money invested.
And this is quite easy - just one smaller website deal easily pays for this whole program.

And then you still have all the skills, training, community, and support with full lifetime access...

Screenshot 2023-04-04 at 07.09.39.png

If you are interested - just click the link below, and I’ll send the Fastlane Deal details over to you right away.

(Also, if you want, you can also email me back with any questions you might have)

The link is:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Yeah, like @Fox mentioned, joining this group was a game changer for me. And it probably will be for you.

If you're like me, you might be intimidated by sales.
Or you might be wondering how you can plug yourself into the online market during this economy.
Or you know you will eventually accomplish your big goals, but just don't know how.

Fox Sales Legends is how I'm bridging the gap between myself and my goals.

It's focused on the most essential, step by step actions for selling websites.
And because of that, you'll learn so many invaluable skills that translate to business in general.

You'll learn to:
- network at a high level in any community
- create effective websites that drive sales
- grab attention to products and services then communicate the value
- propose and close high ticket items
- sell in a way that creates value and is welcomed
- make your clients more money

Really you'll be taking a crash course in business, mentality, communication, lifestyle and more.
Just the confidence boost of knowing I can create my own income is so worth it.

As Rob (@Fox) said, I used to sell websites at $300-$500. I'd spend weeks finishing these, getting them perfect.

I'd make around $800 on a good month but I stuck with this for about a year because I always knew I'd make it somehow.

I wish I had invested sooner...

After joining FSL, I had a complete shift in mentality. I understood my value. I was able to demonstrate that to my clients. So, I was able to ramp up the price of my time.

In the first week, I sold a single page for $750, more than doubling the price I used to charge for an entire website. AND I was able to do that to a past client who I had done a page for $150 a few months before. All because I learned how to communicate value.

Within two months, I sold a $4,850 site and a $8,000 site two days apart from each other.
I had learned to pick the right businesses that not only had the budget for these projects, but would also reap the most for their investment. Also, they tend to be much more pleasant to work with.

Going from $800 to $12,850 (a 1,600% improvement in your market worth) is life altering.

Keep in mind, during this, I'm also learning a ton about sales from the school so these website I create are more and more effective for the clients.

I still have more struggles and obstacles I will have to overcome. But that's a good sign because that means there's more available to me.

Take the leap for yourself.
You'll literally be shaving off years of struggles, had you gone at it by yourself.
Click that link on @Fox 's post because I want to see you thrive. Not years later but within weeks.

GuitarManDan

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
677%
Feb 28, 2017
NYC
Thanks @Fox for the shoutout! Wanted to add my two cents for anyone on the fence about joining or learning more info about this program.

I'm never really one to rave about certain products/services out there, I usually tend to avoid rating businesses on Google My Business, Yelp, etc... but with Fox's programs, I feel an obligation to help out because of how it really changed my business and my life. It sounds super cliche, but after reading MJ's books I knew I couldn't do the awful NYC Investment Banking jobs that I had been stuck in for 5 years after graduating with a degree in finance. I had all of this inspiration and motivation, but nowhere to put that energy until I stumbled onto one of Fox's first courses on this forum.

I still feel that I have a long way to go, but I've been able to make a consistent monthly income to not only pay the bills but also to save and plan for the future thanks to the help of Fox and his programs. The thing that still surprises me to this day is the level of personal attention and help that is offered in any of the programs (especially this most recent Sales Legends program).

It gave me the confidence early on with my business that no matter what situation I got into, I would have a supportive community and experts to help me get through it. Whether it was a coding/technical question or more importantly an overall sales question/issue with a client, that level of personalized help can't be understated... it's been huge for my development and my business.

Being from NY originally, I've always been a fan of being as direct/upfront with people as possible so if anyone on here reading this wants to speak to me or chat about this course, I'd be more than happy to give them my feedback on it.

I've always said that the information in this course gives you all of the info and techniques that you need to be successful, but it won't do the work for you. If you're willing to put in some hard work and learn from other experts, you can really take things to the next level (and not just for your web design business, but also future fastlane ventures down the road where you'll need the same skills taught in here for sales, marketing, etc).

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
May 1, 2011
Awesome offer, @Fox. I doubt there's an easier way to get into this industry than this program.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Is this for web designers who want to grow their business or people who want to get into web design?

We have had plenty of both who have done really well.

If you already have a web design business and are stuck with sales/getting the right clients/getting big results from your projects we can definitely help.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020

If you already have a web design business and are stuck with sales/getting the right clients/getting big results from your projects we can definitely help.
Thanks, I'm at the other end of the spectrum; all sales no coding :smile2:

Visionary96

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Oct 23, 2018
Torquay, United Kingdom
might be a stupid question, but can I get by with web design/this course on a MacBook Air? Few years old, non retina version. maybe I just have just some skewed naive perception you need a really powerful PC to do web design effectively.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
might be a stupid question, but can I get by with web design/this course on a MacBook Air? Few years old, non retina version. maybe I just have just some skewed naive perception you need a really powerful PC to do web design effectively.

I ran mine off my 2013/2014 mac for a long time. I did get a monitor and Bluetooth keyboard though (like $100) to save my eyes from looking at a laptop all day.

Normal web design doesn't require much computer power at all. You don't need any special computer set up or extra processing power. As long as your laptop works normally already you will be fine. The most intense thing would probably be photoshop if you needed to use it.

Visionary96

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Oct 23, 2018
Torquay, United Kingdom
I ran mine off my 2013/2014 mac for a long time. I did get a monitor and Bluetooth keyboard though (like $100) to save my eyes from looking at a laptop all day.

Normal web design doesn't require much computer power at all. You don't need any special computer set up or extra processing power. As long as your laptop works normally already you will be fine. The most intense thing would probably be photoshop if you needed to use it.

Okay mate, may very well be interested in this in the days to come!

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Aug 13, 2018
@Fox I love what you're doing!

Just wanted to add a bit of perspective on this from a copywriter's point of view and share why I endorse it so strongly.

[I'm not a student in the program, but I've had a chance to see Fox Web School up close.]

I see a TON of threads asking the question, "Should I pursue web design or copywriting?" It seems like every month, there's a new thread or two on this.

But what the person is really asking is, "Which one is going to actually make me money?"

In 2017, I was facing a similar dilemma. I was one day away from taking out a loan to enroll in an $8,000 bootcamp to learn data science. But at the last minute, I chose to pursue copywriting instead, because (A) I already knew how to write well and (B) I thought I could make more money and work for myself.

That's the allure with both web design and copywriting. Make money and work for yourself.

Right?

But here's the painful truth I learned as a copywriter. And a lot of people fail to see this when they're just starting out and picking a skill to pursue.

It doesn't matter how good you are if you can't get clients.

Let that sink in.

Whether it's web development or copywriting, you're learning a skill. Sure, it's a marketable skill. People will pay for this work.

But if you can't get hired, your skill is useless.

You could be amazing at your actual skill - but if you can't sell your services, you're dead.

So the real question that people should be asking themselves is NOT "should I learn web design or copywriting." That's mostly irrelevant. Almost anyone can learn either one.

The better question to ask is, "At the end of the day, will I know how to SELL THIS AND GET PAID?"

Unfortunately for me, the mentor I chose to teach me copywriting left that out of the curriculum completely. Major disappointment. It was sink or swim for me to figure out how to get clients. I went through a detailed course on the methods of how to do my skill, but the part about how to identify clients, get them interested, and close deals was completely missing.

This is a major thing that is missing from MOST "guru" courses on ANY topic where you can supposedly make money.

And for most people, this is the most important part to learn.

If you know how to effectively sell your services, then you'll be ahead of other people who are better and more skilled and more experienced than you who don't know how to sell their services.

But because this is hard to teach, most courses leave it out. They just leave you to figure it out on your own.

And so most people get stuck before they make any money.

Because if you're told, "Go find a local business and sell them on your offer," most people are gonna say to themselves, "Uh... that sounds hard. And scary. I'm not sure if I'm up for that yet. So let me read a book or watch a video or find an article until I feel more comfortable with this step." But the day never comes when you feel "comfortable." Because it's hard.

Fox Web School is the ONLY program I know of where you develop knowledge of your skill, paired seamlessly with the business development of knowing how to sell your services.

This is due to @Fox's commitment to getting real results for his students. He's not content to watch people flounder and fade away and eventually give up.

@Fox is a rare guy. A lot of people teaching web design just focus on web design. And if their students are struggling with procrastination or struggling to get clients, they shrug their shoulders and say, "Not my problem. That's outside of the scope of this course." Fox is different. His focus is not on "did my students learn web design or not," his focus is on "did my students get results or not."

And the things that most commonly stops people from getting results (i.e. $$$$)?

Yeah, stuff like procrastination. Or the uncomfortable process of selling clients on your services. So Fox worked that stuff into the course to the point where students started to actually overcome their fears and DO that uncomfortable stuff.

That's why I love this program. It's real. It gets results.

You're not going to come out at the end of Fox Sales Legends and say to yourself, "Great, now I know web design. Now let me go buy another course on how to sell my services to people so I can finally make money." You're going to come out at the end and say to yourself, "Wow, if I did that well selling websites, that means I have what it takes to develop any business I want."

You could almost say Fox Web School is a way to develop you as a well-rounded business person, where you just happen to learn web design, rather than a web design course where you just happen to pick up a few business skills along the way.

I had a major disappointment in my copywriting mentor. And ever since, I've had a sensitive spot against the "mentors" in the industry who sell a big pile of false promises and don't deliver. So I pick up on it right away when I see it.

But @Fox is one of the rare people who reminds you that there are still great people in the world who don't stoop to those tactics.

So if you need a way to develop a sustainable livelihood for yourself, stop asking yourself if the right path is copywriting or web design. Because you're likely to run into the exact same challenges making money at either one. Fox Sales Legends will help you overcome those challenges and develop your skill in the process. (And as a web designer, you'll pick up a smattering of copywriting anyway!)

So scroll up already and click that link!

You're not going to regret it.

Michael Raphael

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 22, 2013
New York & Florida

In your opinion, whats the best source of leads during Covid if you cant do d2d sales anymore?

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Thanks for the program reviews/feedback @Isaac Oh and @GuitarManDan

And thanks for the nice words @MTF @Kak and @Bekit!

In your opinion, whats the best source of leads during Covid if you cant do d2d sales anymore?

Door-to-door is usually not a big part of selling web design.

The first few years I did this 99% of my clients were remote - I never met them once when selling/completing the project. I usually only meet clients if I want some content for Youtube. There is just no real need to do it unless you want to or you have some ideal clients who are based really close by.

The best way to get leads right now is direct prospecting - either cold emailing or cold calling. What is going to give you a massive boost in success rate is having a relevant pitch and a clear way to be valuable at the moment. Every business is focused on top priority tasks at the moment - keeping their current clients, getting new clients, keeping their systems operating effectively. Your pitch has to be related to these areas with an easy-to-understand-logic as to how it can help.

Pitching "a nice looking website" on the other hand is not going to work well atm. No one cares.

The good news is at the moment is that if you can show how you can be valuable a lot of business owners are very open to hearing more. They want help and if you can present yourself as a good option to turn things around they are going to give you the chance to explain more. You can quickly go from cold prospecting to full sales conversation very fast because people want immediate assistance.

I did this recently (using a students one portfolio piece) to get a sales conversation within an hour...

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Good luck @Fox. I know you’ve put your heart and soul into this.

I think now is an amazing time to help all those businesses desperate to get online.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
I joined Fox's group way back after he posted one of the original threads here on the forum. At the time I made a few thousand dollars from web design contracts. Eventually, I took the sales skills I learned from him and made tens of thousands of dollars copywriting which helped pay for all my expenses while I was in college.

I then met Fox in person about two years ago when he was here in Ireland on a trip home. At the time I was only scraping by and meeting him gave me the belief that someone who was from a similar background could live a really awesome fastlane lifestyle!

Fast forward to 2020 and I had taken the money earned from copywriting and gotten into Real Estate. Using the lessons learned in sales and the confidence from running my own business previously I have done well in real estate.

Well enough that it has allowed me to:

- Drop out of college in my third year to go full-time
- Buy a nice car for cash
- Earn more than my parents combined (lol moment for me)
- Take up to four foreign holidays a year

And many many more cool things...

It culminated in February when I met Fox in London and we traveled out to Phoenix for the week to meet so many of you at the Fastlane Summit.

10/10 would recommend #ChangedMyLife :)

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I can say I was just honestly shocked that the cost for this was so low. 1 year for $2k for a coach? crazy!

Great offer and great contribution to the forum @Fox, I think this is going to help get a lot of people going, esp for those that have been impacted economically by the current world situation.

Water

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
506%
Jun 1, 2015
I've been a student of Fox's programs for a long time and words can't describe how thankful I am to have made a decision to join.

Before graduating from university, I had just finished reading MJ's book and were burning up with a desire to succeed.

The only problem was I didn't know where to direct my focus and energy. Working at a job I hate or continuing a Master's degree would be the last thing on my agenda until I came across Fox's programs.
I decided to join and go all in.

Things were a little tough in the beginning but no matter what problems I run into, I would get help from Fox, his team, and a supportive community of high achievers.

Fast forward over a year later, I not only make consistent income from applying what I learned, but the experience and lessons I gained from the process have been invaluable.

On top of learning how to build a sales-oriented website, one of the most valuable skills you'll learn from this program is how to solve problems and create real value.

This essential skill alone is worth at least 10x the price and will make you a fortune down the road.

It is the skill I use to earn several thousand dollars in monthly revenue with very little maintenance.

It is the skill Fox use to earn over 100k in his first year in web design.

It is the skill many of his students use to make consistent income and free up time to pursue their chosen path.

If you're still debating whether to join this program or not, I highly recommend you do so because it will be one of the best investments you'll make in life.

Just remember, you have to put in the work and be willing to learn.

Gar1od1

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 29, 2017
Dublin
So I've been in @Fox web school for about 6 months or so now and can easily say it's been worth the investment. By using what Fox teaches I've easily made back the cost of the school and then some.

It's not even about money though, the skills Fox teaches are invaluable, and not just applicable to web design but business in general. He really helps breakdown the anatomy of a sale, how to think like a business owner and most importantly how to be able to provide great value to them and get them great results that really help their business.

Outside of the course content theres also weekly live calls where we can get feedback on any problems we have during the week and talk about strategy in general, could be about sales, prospecting, copywriting etc he's always there for feedback. Fox really cares about the success of his students and it shows in all of our results, he's always there to answer any questions we might have and has created a great culture within the Facebook group too.

Separate to that then he's also created mini mastermind groups within the school for people at similar stages of their journey to help eachother out and kick on to the next level and these groups have been a great way of learning more and providing loads of value too.

All I can say is if anyone is on the fence about joining the course it's easily been one of the best decision I've made in a long time and can't recommend it enough!

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
I joined Fox's program back in 2017 without knowing anything about web design or sales. Within 2 months of joining, I sold my first web design project for 5k thus providing over 500% of return on my initial investment. That's when I knew for sure that this stuff works.

For two years after that, I traveled the world practicing what I learned in Fox's course and was able to support myself and more. Not only is the training fantastic, but the Fox Web School community culture is top-notch. Fox has a very strict no-bullshit policy in his groups and somehow he's able to maintain a very high-quality atmosphere that is pleasant to be a part of and continues to add tons of value.

While the focus of the course is on web design, I regularly recommend to non-web designers that they should check out the course solely for the sales portion. Sales is an underrated skill and can really catapult the results any individual gets whether it be in business or a more traditional career.

If you're thinking about investing in yourself, I can guarantee this coaching program will pay itself off quickly and become a driving force in your progress toward reaching your Fastlane dreams. I also don't see these prices lasting long so get it while the gett'ns good!

Lihan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Sep 1, 2019
Thanks Fox for a lot of valuable content - I watched your videos on sales and the 1-year journey. They were eye opening to the point where I'm considering contributing to businesses by web design.

How saturated is the web design industry now? Is the value-oriented mindset ( and other cornerstones of the Fox philosophy) a big enough differentiator?

For someone who has worked with data - think analytics and machine learning - what advantages may be brought to the web design industry? Maybe analyse/project business outcomes of a new website and help with sales?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
How saturated is the web design industry now? Is the value-oriented mindset ( and other cornerstones of the Fox philosophy) a big enough differentiator?
How many businesses currently want to get online, and do a good job of it so they make sales online? I’d say this pandemic has highlighted to many business owners the need for a (good!) website.

For someone who has worked with data - think analytics and machine learning - what advantages may be brought to the web design industry? Maybe analyse/project business outcomes of a new website and help with sales?
Google Analytics should be easy for you. It’s too complicated for most business owners.

If you then get into media buying and conversion rate optimisation then you’ll be confronted with a lot of data. Your advanced data analytics skills might not be necessary, but would make the normal data analysis a walk in the park.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Thanks Fox for a lot of valuable content - I watched your videos on sales and the 1-year journey. They were eye opening to the point where I'm considering contributing to businesses by web design.

- I never focus on the competition. If you take out people who only try to find work on freelancer sites, people with terrible prospecting approaches, and people who sell with a "design" focus (rather than business value) - you are left with a very small % of web designers.

Basically there are a lot of people trying but the vast majority have a terrible approach.

For those with a good strategy, there are tons of opportunities. Every business wants to grow and improve in some way and if you align yourself with how a business owner thinks you can see rapid progress.

Good with data... ya perfect. It is all about problem solving so being able to spot patterns and replicate results is the name of the game. My design skills are average but I do well because I can create problem solve. As for your specific data skills, I am sure there are lots of ways you can add value - SEO, Ads, Analytics, sales systems and feedback etc.

If you reach out we can have a call and go over it in more detail. Hope that helps for now.

Thanks @GoodluckChuck, @Gar1od1, @Water, @LightHouse, @JordanK, @Andy Black
The feedback and support mean a lot. Thank you all.

Alexio

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 22, 2019
Italy
This year has been quite crazy so far, and a lot of people have reached out to ask me if web design is still a good option. While this is a marketplace post about my coaching program, it will also be a good general guide of the web design opportunities that exist right now.

Is web design still a profitable business in 2020?

You may be thinking, “Sure, web design was great when you started your gold thread in 2016, but what about now?”
Isn’t web design outdated now? Does anyone even still need a website and is it not oversaturated for making money?”

Maybe you have even thought about trying web design in the past, but you were never 100% sure if it was the right thing for YOU to pursue among all the different options out there. The most common questions I still get asked are:
  • How hard is it to learn and make money?
  • Can I learn this with no past experience?
  • How much coding skills do I have to learn to sell websites?
  • How fast can I sell my first project?
  • Is it too late for me to compete against others doing this for years?
  • Can I take this step without getting stuck in something that's NOT right for me?
If any of these questions sound familiar, then keep reading because I’ll answer all these below.

My goal is that by the time you finish reading this thread, you can definitively say either—“Yes, web design is a good option that fits with my long-term Fastlane plans”—or—“No, I can safely rule out web design for now.”

On top of this, you likely want a business to tick some important boxes:

Before we dive into the full thread, I want to quickly mention these points. With anyone on here considering making a change in 2020, these points are probably going to be on your mind. So I have covered them directly upfront:
  • You are looking for a viable business model that can actually work - no playing around
  • You’re looking for a business model with very little or no downside risk
  • You need to be cash-flow positive in a short amount of time. You can’t wait all year to start making money.
  • You don’t have the ability to invest $10,000s to buy a business or be able to order a bunch of inventory
  • You don’t want to have to go back to zero and start entirely from scratch—or even worse, try to get a job
  • You want something easy to run with no need for staff, an office, in-person meetings or supply chains
  • You prefer to build a skill set that is transferable if needed and useful in all business areas
  • You also want something that can be part of your bigger long-term Fastlane plan
  • You need to be able to start right away using only the skills and resources you already have
If some or all of this sounds accurate for you, then the good news is web design fits all these criteria. I'll do my best to show you how throughout this thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One last intro point to keep in mind about the web design opportunity that exists right now...

Every business on earth is suddenly desperate to sell more.

They need to quickly and correctly secure and grow their revenue streams.

And all their customers only have one main place to interact with them at the moment:

Online.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what does it take to succeed in web design in 2020?

For the last 3+ years, I’ve been lucky enough to help a lot of people get started with web design. Through Fox Web School, this forum, and several other places we have built a great community of people who have learned web design in a practical and profitable way.

I try not to promote too heavily on the forums, but there have been at least 100 members on here I have worked directly with. I also started the Fox Web School YouTube channel that has now over 11,000 subscribers, and we used to have a Facebook group with over 12,000 members.

This has allowed me to work with, teach and coach literally thousands of web designers. What I want to cover below are the clear trends I have noticed on why some of these people succeed, while others get stuck or fail over and over.

Using an approach that works well some students have made very fast progress with zero previous experience. (I'll give specific examples in just a moment.)

They have sold their very first website for MORE than some web designers with 5+ yrs experience have ever made from a single project.
AND the best part is these same students also do an amazing job at helping their clients to make more sales and grow their business.

It is a total win-win for everyone involved.

What I have seen is that when it comes to succeeding or failing with web design, there are a few very different strategies that people follow.

In short—when people follow the right approach, they do very well—with the wrong approach it never works.

“So what are the different approaches and why do some people succeed when others don’t?”

Let's get right into it by first looking at what NOT to do...

The 2 common approaches to web design that WON’T make you profitable (or create freedom)

Wrong Approach #1 – You focus 100% on coding and technical skills instead of learning how to be a well-rounded business person.

95%+ of web designers fail to reach freedom because they spend all the time developing technical skills. They think if they are experts at Javascript or Wordpress they will be in high demand and profitable.

They quickly find out, though, that it just doesn’t work that way. Business owners don’t think in terms of code and design — they instead keep focused on their most important business challenges or problems.

Can you imagine a business meeting where the owner tells his team, “We badly need to put more money into HTML and CSS this month”? That is never going to happen!

What matters most to a business owner is what clearly keeps their business running and growing. These are going to be areas like increasing sales, attracting new customers, or making sure everything is running efficiently.

It is these key business areas where you need to clearly show how you can help.

To succeed you have to present what you can offer in a way that matters to them. If it isn’t easy for them to see the value in what you are selling, they will put it at the bottom of the list with 1,000 other things that need to be done someday.

What gets their attention is “here is how you can get more customersnotI could improve your old Javascript”.

The people who do best don’t focus on selling the technical stuff - instead they look for ways to create value and then make it appealing for a business owner to invest in.
Often they actually have very little or average technical skills.

While advanced coding skills can get you a job, by themselves they won’t make you an entrepreneur. Focusing too heavily on your technical skills usually leads to you just becoming another cog in someone else’s business. With a “must keep learning more code” mindset it is easy to become overqualified without any clear way to make money or sell yourself.

Unfortunately, though, a lot of web designers don’t ever see this and keep heading in the totally wrong direction. And when it fails to work, they mistakenly double down on the exact skills that are already hurting them the most... “I don’t get it - I can code amazing - why can’t I find work?”. I have got a bunch of these types of DMs all the time - it doesn’t work.

Also there are so many easy ways to make a website in 2020 with very basic coding skills and anything extra on top of that can be easily outsourced. The truth is you don’t need to be that good technically to run a profitable web design business. The real skills that make you profitable are often not technical.

(A lot of old school web designers or people who paid big money for coding degrees will disagree. BUT these same people complain they can’t get hired and there are no good clients. Business and selling skills always come first.)

Wrong Approach #2 – You focus on building beautifully-designed, custom-coded websites.

A lot of web design gurus out there will teach people that this is where the money is — spending weeks building fancy, custom-coded websites. But this approach doesn’t work well either.

First, you will end up working around the clock to make the perfect design. When you focus on selling design, you attract clients who think about how things look, rather than how well they work. You’ll have clients focused on the design of every pixel, section, and button. Many times, it means a lot of extra hours added to the project and dozens of rounds of changes.

I am sure some people on here have horror stories of these sort of projects! Design focused projects can be a nightmare.

Secondly, though, very few businesses care about design in the first place. When they don’t know what they want, they might say, “design,” but what they are really after is a solution to a deeper problem.

Your clients don’t really need elaborate custom illustrations, 3D graphics, tons of animations, and award-winning art. They don’t care much about a totally unique, fully custom website that’s nothing like a visitor has ever seen before.

What they are looking for is a real change in their business. They are secretly hoping that the fancy new design helps them get more sales, or brings in new customers. Often when you get to the core issue it was never really about design - it was something bigger they were after.

The cool thing is when you identify what really matters you can get a lot better results with much less work. There are way more effective (and easier) ways to help create sales than spending 100 hours on photoshop making custom graphics.

Of course, this doesn’t mean that visual design is useless or bad. It’s just one of the tools we can use to build great results. Just like with technical skills - it is nice to have but don’t let it be what you rely on to build your web business.

----

Where both of the above examples go wrong is the same - putting specific skills before an overall approach that works.

Business owners don’t go to sleep thinking of code or design. They are thinking about their actual business.

Web design gets (very) profitable when you start to think bigger than just code and design...

The main reason people succeed with web design is by shifting their mindset to what really matters.
Instead of focusing on code or design they start to look at things from the business owners perspective.

These web designers only focus 20% of their time on learning technical skills and design, but the other 80% on mastering how to use and market those skills.
Many are not the “best” coders or designers, but they understand how to make their skills extremely valuable in the marketplace.

They realize that running a web design business has very little to do with technical skills or your design ability.

>>> It is all about creative problem solving and adding value. <<<

To give some examples, here are a few of the skills you can quickly develop to be running a profitable web design business in a short amount of time:

1) Problem Solving
Learn to see the overall situation and come up with creative solutions that make a difference. This is like the story of the expert who charged $20,000 for fixing one small part in a large factory. He wasn’t paid for the work involved - it was for knowing the right solution
2) Creating Value
This forum knows that money always flows towards value. When you learn to see web design as just a tool to be used to help a business solve their big problems and achieve their big goals, you can quickly increase your prices by 2, 5, 10 or more times. Business owners will always pay well for websites that offer real value.​
3) Master Selling
Businesses need cashflow to survive. And every business is interested in either securing their cashflow or growing it. Most likely both. So knowing how to build a website that helps with sales is a super valuable and profitable skillset. (And knowing how to sell helps you get more bigger and better web design deals, too).​
4) Communicating and Messaging
Along with selling, businesses also need a lot of help making sure they have the right message that reaches the right people. You become extremely valuable when you can help create and improve their messaging. This skill requires you to identify customer needs and understand the marketplace.​
5) Mindset and Self-Management
This is an easy area to work on that gives you a massive boost over the competition. Most web designers struggle with managing themselves and their business. Being able to do both means you can make rapid progress and also see gains in other areas of your life too.​
6) Combining Simple Skills
Scott Adams (creator of the Dilbert comic) calls this ‘Talent Stacking’. It is about combining several skills to create massive value. When you have basic proficiency in a bunch of different areas like web design, copywriting, email marketing and so on you start to open a lot of very profitable opportunities for yourself.​

How many of these require a degree in computer science or a certificate from a fancy design school? None.

But these are the sort of skills that put you at the top of the marketplace. They are what make you profitable and in demand. If you look at any success thread on this forum you are going to see the people who succeeded have used a combination (or all) or these skills.

These types of skills are where you need to be focused to succeed. They are what will set you up for long term success as both a web designer but also in the bigger picture as an entrepreneur.

With that in mind let’s look at how you can get started with learning and developing these core business skills...

A realistic plan to succeed at web design in the short, medium, and long term

There are three main stages you will progress through in your web design journey. These stages also show why web design is such a great way to learn the key skills we talked about above and to prepare for your future Fastlane ventures.

***I’ve included student case studies from people on this forum to show you what to expect at each stage. If you are one of the people (or another student) then feel free to add in more details below if you wish.***

The first stage: Getting started

This is where most people are going to be when they first join the program. You will either have just started learning the basics of code or will have some coding skills but struggle with sales.

The first goal here is to change how you view web design and to focus on what matters most to a business owner. When you can see why they would buy, you can start to align what you are selling with what they want. This makes it a lot easier to sell, but it also means that what they hire you for is much more valuable for them, too. It is 100% win-win.

The second goal is to help develop the best mindset possible for business (and life). After hundreds of emails, facebook messages, and interactions with students, I’ve noticed that mindset is one of the biggest things that holds most people back. So we put a fair amount of focus on helping you to overcome mindset issues such as self doubt, procrastination, perfectionism or poor self-management.

In around 3 months, our students will typically land their first $1,000 project. Getting that first win under your belt feels great and creates a ton of momentum! While this isn’t life-changing money, it’s still a great first milestone, and it helps to validate the fact that you’re building a solid foundation of skills. You’re learning how to sell, how to close deals, and how to manage a project. You’re changing the way you see business. You’re beginning to help others and be in demand.

A good example of this is @Alfie

Alfi started just a few months ago having never coded before. He recently moved to Norway from Indonesia, so he had a few challenges with starting a new business. Once he joined, we got him going in the right direction, and he ended up closing his first deal for 2,000 euros for a coaching business.

The cool thing is that even though it was his first project, he got amazing results for his client and ended up creating a great sales system for both the online and offline part of their business. The owner was very pleased, and Alfi now has a great example project to use to land even bigger future projects.

Another example is @Isaac Oh

Isaac started a few months back and has gone from a $500 project to a $2,500 project to just recently enjoying his first month over $10,000. Keep in mind he only just started to learn code when he joined, too. This isn’t about just charging massive prices either - his clients are getting massive value and huge results from his websites.

Now keep in mind these are some of our top student results, but it goes to show what is possible within just a few months with minimal technical skills, just by working on the right steps in the right order, addressing your mindset and approach, and having the support to keep you on track.

Medium Term (2-3 years):

This is where you start to focus on stabilizing your income and building a solid base of clients and referrals. While we all love a big payday project, to succeed long-term, you also want to build that reliable base of consistent cash flow.

So this stage is all about building the right relationships, helping businesses in a big way, and being seen as more of a trusted advisor than a freelancer.

The cool thing is that as you build more trust with each new client, you also get to learn a lot about how successful businesses grow and thrive. You’ll be getting an inside look at how their businesses run and developing real, transferable skills. On some projects you can get dozens of hours working directly alongside seasoned business owners.

This experience helps with a lot more than just web design. It can be very hard to get this kind of insight elsewhere but with web design, business owners share openly with you as you work together. You get a lot of exposure to what makes a business successful, what creates sales, and what keeps customers coming back. It’s like a free mini MBA of sorts.

To give a few examples of people at this stage who started with just making websites and now have mastered several very valuable Fastlane skills…

A great example of this is @GuitarManDan . You probably have already seen his own great gold progress thread on here but I will quickly cover his progress....

Dan started his web design business in 2018 using our previous course and had a very decent year or two. However, he wanted to take things to the next level and didn’t want to get complacent. He joined the Fox Sales Legends program around midsummer last year.

Since joining he has made even more progress and along with some big website sales he has done really well with building ongoing recurring revenue too. To give just one example he landed a $25,000 sale alone was from a cold email technique that I shared in the course (but Dan gets all the credit for taking tons of consistent action!).

Now while the big sales are cool the great thing is Dan has built an amazing (and highly valuable) skillset that is a great foundation for moving to more Fastlane business ventures. He now has the cashflow, experience, confidence and mindset that I am sure will lead to a ton of future success.

I asked for a direct quote (maybe he can add more below) and he was nice enough to say: “I couldn't have done it without the help and support of this community. It helps me stay accountable to myself and always push to improve each and every day.”

Long-term (3-5 years)

I hinted at this with Dan's story, but our end goal with this approach to web design is much bigger than just making some websites. This last stage is really what separates our school from other courses.

As much as we love web design (and we do!), we always see it more of a launching pad than an end destination.
Our end goal is always for our students to use their web design experience to go on to even bigger and better things.

Web design is a great way to get profitable and learn a bunch of skills, but it does have some limitations too. Once your income gets to around $100,000, you will be basically working a fulltime job, either doing the projects yourself or outsourcing to others.

This is a great first goal for someone who is struggling right now, but the better goal is that once you are profitable you start also transitioning from web design to launching an even bigger and better business.

If you think about any successful Fastlane business, you are going to need a certain set of skills. You will need to learn how to find unfulfilled needs in the marketplace, how to create a valuable product or service, how to sell that service, how to market and scale your business, and so on.

Once you have those skills, you’ll probably want to move on to something bigger than web design. It is a natural next stage, and one we have built into the way we teach from the very beginning. We have done our job right when you get to a stage where you are ready to use what you have learned (and your cash flow from projects) to reach for that next level.

A good example of this is @MJ DeMarco himself. Now obviously MJ isn’t a student or has taken any of my training but if you look back at MJ’s story (before his big successes) he first started paying his bills and improving his skills through web design work...

“I aggressively marketed my website. I sent out emails. Cold-called. Mailed letters. I learned search engine optimization (SEO). Because I couldn’t afford books, I visited the Phoenix library daily and persisted to read about Internet programming languages. I improved my website, learned about graphics and copywriting. Anything that could help me, I consumed.

Then one day I had a breakthrough; I received a call from a company in Kansas who raved about my website service and wanted me to design their website. Sure. I obliged with a price of $400. They thought the price was a steal and within 24 hours, I built the company their website.

I was ecstatic. In 24 hours, I had most of the rent payment. Then ironically, not 24 hours later, I received another call from a company in New York asking for the same thing… a new website. I designed theirs for $600 and it took me two days to complete. I had another rent payment!

Now, I know this isn’t a lot of money, but from poverty to $1000 in three days felt like winning the fifty million dollar Powerball.

My first few months in Phoenix, I gained traction and survived on my own for the first time in my life. No flower boy. No bus boy. No pizza delivery. No sponging off mom. I was purely self-employed! I was momentous acceleration, a wind at my back that foreshadowed a directional change into a new universe of wealth generation.’

and...

“I took a contented pause thankful of my recent move and glanced at my bank balance. It was more than $5,000 and it was more money than I ever knew. Now I realize that $5K is not a lot of money, basically it is bankrupt. However at that moment in my life, it meant not having to get a job for at least another year. You see, that $5,000 bought me one year of freedom. Freedom to pursue success. Freedom to do what was necessary. Freedom to pursue my dream. For the next year, I was guaranteed to own every hour of my life.”

Links:
https://www.mjdemarco.com/my-story/

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/one-year-of-flf.56628/#post-417628 (post #17)

This is a great example of starting web design in the best way possible - with a focus on using it to go much further when the time is right. And I fully agree with MJ here and think web design is NOT a great long term option. The best web designers are always people who used web design to go on to do something much bigger! That is how you make it truly Fastlane.

But for someone on here right now without a solid business plan, who doesn’t have a ton of money in the bank to invest, and who might be struggling with core business abilities such as mindset or sales, then web design can be a perfect option to get you to where you want to be long term.

What are the key ingredients to make Web Design work for me?

The mistake I have seen over and over is people who have the best of intentions, but head completely down the wrong road. They focus on developing the wrong skills, working with the wrong type of clients, and having no idea how to increase their sales or results.

What can seem like progress at first, can quickly turn into a dead end. They end up working for free or cheap for months on end, yet things are still not improving. They are no closer to big sales or any real success.

Web design is definitely not an area where hard work is necessarily going to pay off - you have to think strategically.

Where is a good place to start?

Get a good game plan. No matter how low your current skills or experience might seem, with a solid plan to follow you can make way faster progress than the other 90% of people going in circles. With a smart approach, one or two projects done the right way will add up very fast.

Along with that surround yourself with the people who are already getting good results and learn from them. You don’t need to reinvent the wheel. The people who run successful web design businesses use the same effective tactics over and over again. This is where a coach or mentor is going to be key. You might think I am biased (since I also coach) but I invested a lot in coaching when I first started. I still do.

On top of this it's crucial to have a solid support system to keep you motivated and focused. Working as a web designer can be disastrous if you are alone. By being a part of a group of like minded peers though you can keep yourself accountable while making a ton of personal and business progress. You got to have a strong network.

These core ingredients to web design success is why we have structured Fox Web School the way we have. We saw what was needed and transitioned from video courses and “do it alone” content to building a school that provides you all of what you need to succeed.

What Fox Web School Can Offer

Nobody needs another generic course that gets you average results. There are plenty of these, and they churn out people who will never make more than a few $100 for a website.

What you need is the right coaching and blueprint (along with a proper community) for creating real success. You want a place to develop the right skills in the right order - and stay motivated and enjoy wins in the process.

That is exactly what you get with us at Fox Web School.

We focus on helping you master valuable skills that make a difference.

In fact over the last year we already put this to the test. We worked with a great core group of students from this forum and elsewhere and put all of this into practice.

We called it the “Fox Sales Legends” program and it was built with a specific end goal of first getting profitable with web design and then using web design to go even bigger.

Some of these students are the people mentioned above, but there are many others too. The program has had a lot of success stories over the past year and we now have a very solid core community.

Based off what was proven to work the best from the last year of the program we now have a detailed structure for 2020 to take you through the following stages:

a) Stage one - Get Going
  1. You’ll learn what makes a website high value, how to sell a website, and how to prospect for initial projects.
  2. After that, there will be an example of an actual website project.
  3. The goal of this stage is to get you to land your first paying customer ($1,000 or more).
  4. By the end, students will be able to sell consistently and be ready to increase their profits.
b) Stage two - Getting Profitable
  1. This section of the course will show you how to go from $1,000 projects to $10,000 plus project/monthly income.
  2. You’ll learn more advanced selling, prospecting, proposals, and how to solve even bigger business problems.
  3. You’ll also get better at skills like negotiating, networking, communication, workflow, and proposals.
c) Stage three - Get Growing
  1. In this final section, you’ll figure out how to use your combined web experience, skills, and cashflow to get into creating your own business.
  2. We will look at finding ideas, ways to add value, how to start a new business, and how to get your first customer.
  3. The goal of this stage is to help you create a new “Fastlane” style business that can cover your living and lifestyle costs for now while still continuing to grow further.
(This is a quick overview - below we cover how to get the full details if you wish)

Also at the risk of repeating myself, getting profitable is NOT about technical skills - it is primarily about mindset and approach.
Skills are a part of the solution yes, but they come after you know what needs to be done and why.

Also, you get access to our amazing community...

Weekly live calls

Every week, we have a group call where you can share your progress, ask questions, and speed up your learning pace. These 90 minute video calls are a great place to interact and take advantage of the “hive mind” approach to problem solving. I personally run each one and you’ll also get detailed feedback, advice and coaching on each call.

Directly from taking part in the weekly group calls, a lot of our students have had massive breakthroughs and gotten great results.

Membership to the private Fox Sales Legends Facebook group

You’ll also get full access to our private Facebook group, where you can interact with your fellow students. You all know what a private Facebook group is, but this one is actually active (ha!) with very detailed information and feedback.

I have a deal with the students - tag me in any post and we will get it solved. It is pretty common to see whole sale pitches and proposals get created and then successfully closed in the facebook group each week. If you join and have any issue with web design, your business, motivation, mindset etc - we are always in the FB group ready to help.

Private Accountability Slack Group

A lot of students asked for this and we put together a great system to make it happen. Here’s how it works: each student, if they wish, gets their own private accountability group with around 5/6 other students. We keep it tight so you can form a close bond and keep each other moving forward. If you are on board for this, we have a “no one gets left behind” policy!

These groups are really cool to experience - everyone is super committed and wants to help each other overcome obstacles, keep themselves accountable, and celebrate each other’s wins.

These groups have been proven to be an incredibly supportive environment that keeps you focused and moving forward. Participating in a group also helps you not to stray too far off track and take daily action. While I miss not being involved in some of the big sales, it is cool to hear the stories of when a mastermind managed to tackle a big challenge together!

>>> If you are interested click here and take a quick quiz to see if you would be a good fit to join <<<

What you need to be able to join…

Compared to a lot of other coaching programs, and the fact we work with you for a full year, our cost to join is reasonable. We run a tight operation though, and do require a few things from you to make sure it makes sense to work together:

:check: - willingness to commit and stick with a proven plan
:check: - a few hours of time each week to learn and apply what we teach you
:check: - some savings or cash flow to cover your cost of living as you learn the business
:check: - you want guidance and coaching to help you take the shortcuts and avoid the long detours

But on the other hand here are some things that you don’t need to join:

:xx: - advanced or even intermediate coding and programming skills
:xx: - prior business experience - we teach you business skills from scratch
:xx: - a ton of free time - we get that you have a life and maybe a job to support yourself before the biz takes off
:xx: - a personal website, business cards etc. - there are better ways to get started without wasting time
:xx: - living in an English-speaking country (we have students from around the world, including Europe, South America and Asia)
:xx: - a perfect mindset - it’s ok if you have some fear and doubts with these types of things. That’s what we’re here for!

We aren’t miracle workers, but if you are willing to apply yourself and have the minimal resource to make this possible this is a realistic option to start learning web design the right way. If you are a good fit we will be doing everything we can to make sure you succeed.

There’s never been a better time to join…

The Fox Sales Legends program of course isn’t the only way to jumpstart your web design business but we do think it is the best way:
  • You could lose $200k and 4+ years of your life getting a degree in computer science or graphic design—only to be stuck working a job for someone else.
  • You could go through a coding boot camp ($10-25k) and get a foundational knowledge of how to build websites—only to still be stuck working for someone else at the end of the program.
  • You could take dozens of cheaper courses and programs that focus on coding and design. You end up skilled in one area but again without any clear consistent way to make money.
  • You could try “google” your own way. We get a lot of students who join after doing this for months and years. They often get badly stuck and have to spend even more time unlearning bad approaches and “work for cheap” mindsets.
What all of these approaches also miss is a real community who actually cares that you succeed and a system in place to make sure you stay on track.
Plus a coach who actually cares if you succeed or not.

The bottom line is that joining Fox Sales Legends is super reasonable with an easy way to make back your investment:
- You can join for only $1995 as a one-time payment (one year full access)
- Or you can enroll on the payment plan for only $900 upfront, followed by 11 monthly payments of $150

Over a whole year of working together either option is easy to offset with a few smaller projects.
Even just one decent project will cover the full cost of the program and many manage to do this within the first few months.

>>> If you want to know more - just click here to take a quick quiz that lets us know you’re interested <<<

The current C0VlD-19 situation and why it is actually a great time to start web design

It’s no secret that the current situation at the moment is a challenge for all businesses. The beauty of web design is that you can do it from home, with no possible issues from supply chains, in person meetings, shipping, staff, etc.

At the same time, a lot of businesses are now desperate for problem solvers just like you to help them secure and grow their online sales and systems while making the whole business more efficient. This is the exact approach that we have always focused on at Fox Web School. So with the trend going more and more in that direction, it means a lot of new opportunities.

While some businesses will cut back in other areas, they are often looking for ways to invest in a clear solution to improve their cash flow and bring in more customers or clients. A lot of our current students have quickly adjusted and are back on track with new sales or never had many problems in the first place.

So while things are changing a lot at the moment, I think right now there are a ton of opportunities to be helping businesses with all of their online systems and with creating new sales.

If all this sounds good to you, here’s how to join

As much as we’d like to accept everyone into the Fox Sales Legends, we are really focused on making sure we only let in people we know we can help in a big way. I haven’t even promoted this program on my Youtube channel yet cause I knew this forum was the best group of people to start with.

Also if you do reach out and we don’t think that we can help you - that is 100% fine. We don’t do any pushy sales stuff or fake scarcity tactics. We will gladly point you to other resources which are a better fit for now and we can keep in touch.

So that’s why there’s no checkout page or “buy now” link. We take the time to get to know each new possible student first before we offer them the chance to join. We work closely with our students for a full year so it matters to us that they want to succeed as much as we want to help them.

>>> To apply for the Fox Sales Legends, please click here to fill a quick quiz <<<

You’ll be taken to a short questionnaire where you’ll put in some basic information. This helps us decide what the next best step is and how we can help you or guide you in the right direction.

If you are a good fit for the Fox Sales Legends, I can’t wait to work with you and see you succeed along with the current students.

>>> Yes, I want in! Click here to apply for the Fox Sales Legends mentorship program <<<

Thanks,

- Rob

P.S. In this time of worldwide economic uncertainty, you need skills that will get you paid. With the Fox Sales Legends program, web design is really just a useful vehicle to help you develop a full range of overall business skills.

No matter what your long term plan, or how big your business or lifestyle goals, you’ll always need to know how to sell, get clients, solve problems, and keep a good business mindset.

You get all that in the Fox Sales Legends program (while also developing the useful skill of web development). So I hope you’ll decide to apply. Here is the link again to book a call…

>>>>> Full link: Apply for the Fox Sales Legends mentorship program <<<<<
I NEED to print that
is really long
and I need to study every single word

thank you from Italy

Isaac Oh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 14, 2017
Berkeley, CA
@Fox is a rare guy. A lot of people teaching web design just focus on web design. And if their students are struggling with procrastination or struggling to get clients, they shrug their shoulders and say, "Not my problem. That's outside of the scope of this course." Fox is different. His focus is not on "did my students learn web design or not," his focus is on "did my students get results or not."
This is so true. I've been a part of four or five online coaching/mentorship groups. All of them, the coach/mentor is frankly too busy with other priorities or the community is poorly managed and stagnant. The quality of the community and how personally Rob involves himself is at another level. I really believe that the school is a sweet spot for this reason.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Ok so this might be a long post.

I've tried my hand at freelancing lead generation and just couldn't get myself to go out and sell my services. I guess I'm too scared of sales. Too scared to go talk to people about myself. I've always been an introvert and an expert procrastinator.

So now I've sort of "given up" the idea of working for myself now and am working towards getting a web development job for now. I started learning HTML and CSS, and now onto Javascript.

But after reading through this thread I'm starting to second guess that decision. I really WANT to work for myself but the hardest part is the procrastination and fear of selling (especially cold calling).

Last time I cold called someone I got sweaty and hung up the phone immediately when they answered!

I WANT to have freedom. I WANT to work for myself. I DON'T want to work a 9-5 job.

I got laid off from my previous restaurant job due to the pandemic and my family is pressuring me to get new skills to land a better job, but I don't want a job. I like being at home and doing what I want on my own time.

I don't know if this would be right for me. I tend not to put in the work necessary to see something through. At least I'm self aware enough to know that I guess.

What do you guys think?

Maybe a job is the best thing for me at this point so I don't invest time and money into a program only to ditch it later on.

Is Fox's program different? I know you have to put in the work yourself but I feel like I need some accountability unlike other courses.

</ramble>

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

I've tried my hand at freelancing lead generation and just couldn't get myself to go out and sell my services. I guess I'm too scared of sales. Too scared to go talk to people about myself. I've always been an introvert and an expert procrastinator.

So now I've sort of "given up" the idea of working for myself now and am working towards getting a web development job for now. I started learning HTML and CSS, and now onto Javascript.

But after reading through this thread I'm starting to second guess that decision. I really WANT to work for myself but the hardest part is the procrastination and fear of selling (especially cold calling).

Last time I cold called someone I got sweaty and hung up the phone immediately when they answered!

I WANT to have freedom. I WANT to work for myself. I DON'T want to work a 9-5 job.

I got laid off from my previous restaurant job due to the pandemic and my family is pressuring me to get new skills to land a better job, but I don't want a job. I like being at home and doing what I want on my own time.

I don't know if this would be right for me. I tend not to put in the work necessary to see something through. At least I'm self aware enough to know that I guess.

What do you guys think?

Maybe a job is the best thing for me at this point so I don't invest time and money into a program only to ditch it later on.

Is Fox's program different? I know you have to put in the work yourself but I feel like I need some accountability unlike other courses.

</ramble>

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

What do you guys think?

</ramble>

We built in a lot of accountability into the program.

You got weekly live calls, smaller accountability groups, email support, the private FB group etc. We are in there every day to get back to any issue.

If you want to make this happen we will be there to help (a lot).
But I can't make that choice for you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.