The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Blogger Saying Hi. I've got a blog.. Now What

stampy77

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Nov 13, 2022
Hi nice to be here. I've been blogging for around 4 years now building up sites making money off display advertising and affiliate.
Last year I sold a site for 50K (GBP) so I have some decent experience.

I learned the skills from a course called project 24 and started with 0 knowledge. I loved it.

My question is now what?

Even though I made a profit on the sale I always felt like at anytime the bubble could burst.

Wake up one and Google decides no thanks we don't like your site any more and it that's the end of that.

Having just completed fastlane and almost finished the great rat race escape , I realise I need to come up with a more concrete plan for the sites I'm building at present.

The question is how.

Do I create my own traffic using social media? Reach out to companies for joint ventures? Create a course? How do I remove the need to rely on google traffic?

I guess my question is how do I make the websites bulletproof or use the skills I've learned to build up a business. Even more difficult I guess is how do I build up and scale whilst learning to delegate and free up some of my time,

I've spent 10 years trying to escape the rat race and when I have done everything from hypnosis CDs to lawnmower repairs. man at one time I even did trading on betfair that nearly destroyed my soul. (I have multiple youtube channels also)

I could really use some direction on where to go from here and if I learned anything from the books it's to make sure I own my own business.

I'll be around doing lot's of reading so look forward to your comments.

I've got the mindset and the sheer stubbornness to see things through on my side.

stampy

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
Welcome and congrats on the sale.

Search traffic is a valid way, but you can diversify. Have social media where you actively post highlights to pull people to the site. Be active in communities, have interactive elements to your site (some type of digital tool or method of communication), create a group/community, use paid traffic, do guest posts, become an authority site
etc

Design a digital or physical product/service offer to sell, tied to a brand you want to establish. This could be personal brand, specific lifestyle brand, niche quality etc. Promote it by many methods, a site being one. Barrier to entry must be high and the offer genuine, unlike the feel of many affiliate offers. Big emphasis on recurring payments. Evergreen. Consumable. Solutions to painful problems.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
Even though I made a profit on the sale I always felt like at anytime the bubble could burst.

Wake up one and Google decides no thanks we don't like your site any more and it that's the end of that.
Have you used any tools to monitor the inbound traffic to see what % comes from search engines?

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA
Hi nice to be here. I've been blogging for around 4 years now building up sites making money off display advertising and affiliate.

I learned the skills from a course called project 24 and started with 0 knowledge. I loved it.

My question is now what?

Having just completed fastlane and almost finished the great rat race escape , I realise I need to come up with a more concrete plan for the sites I'm building at present.

The question is how.

Do I create my own traffic using social media? Reach out to companies for joint ventures? Create a course? How do I remove the need to rely on google traffic?

I guess my question is how do I make the websites bulletproof or use the skills I've learned to build up a business. Even more difficult I guess is how do I build up and scale whilst learning to delegate and free up some of my time,

I've spent 10 years trying to escape the rat race and when I have done everything from hypnosis CDs to lawnmower repairs. man at one time I even did trading on betfair that nearly destroyed my soul. (I have multiple youtube channels also)

I could really use some direction on where to go from here and if I learned anything from the books it's to make sure I own my own business.

I've got the mindset and the sheer stubbornness to see things through on my side.

stampy
Hey Stampy,

Make sure to check out the "Gold" and then "Notable" threads here on the forum to start with. There is plenty of wisdom there, along with some ideas for businesses you could pursue (although the lessons and mindset are more important than the specific business ideas).

Diversification is great, but starting over fresh in a domain that is completely "new to you" may be needlessly going back to square one. Look for an angle that combines your existing skills with something that will give you control in your business.

For example, maybe you could have a local service business, where you get leads initially through SEO, but get repeat and referral customers through an excellent customer experience.

You would be light years ahead of other local service guys (in terms of SEO and getting those first leads), which would give you an edge. You would also have control in that not everyone on Earth can compete with you in a local service business.

You could also do lead generation for another business instead of your own ... there are lots of ways to go about it. You should be able to dig up some local services and lead generation threads here on the forum too.

Good luck!

stampy77

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Nov 13, 2022
Welcome and congrats on the sale.

Search traffic is a valid way, but you can diversify. Have social media where you actively post highlights to pull people to the site. Be active in communities, have interactive elements to your site (some type of digital tool or method of communication), create a group/community, use paid traffic, do guest posts, become an authority site
etc

Design a digital or physical product/service offer to sell, tied to a brand you want to establish. This could be personal brand, specific lifestyle brand, niche quality etc. Promote it by many methods, a site being one. Barrier to entry must be high and the offer genuine, unlike the feel of many affiliate offers. Big emphasis on recurring payments. Evergreen. Consumable. Solutions to painful problems.
many thanks for your comments I appreciate the advice

stampy77

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Nov 13, 2022
Hey Stampy,

Make sure to check out the "Gold" and then "Notable" threads here on the forum to start with. There is plenty of wisdom there, along with some ideas for businesses you could pursue (although the lessons and mindset are more important than the specific business ideas).

Diversification is great, but starting over fresh in a domain that is completely "new to you" may be needlessly going back to square one. Look for an angle that combines your existing skills with something that will give you control in your business.

For example, maybe you could have a local service business, where you get leads initially through SEO, but get repeat and referral customers through an excellent customer experience.

You would be light years ahead of other local service guys (in terms of SEO and getting those first leads), which would give you an edge. You would also have control in that not everyone on Earth can compete with you in a local service business.

You could also do lead generation for another business instead of your own ... there are lots of ways to go about it. You should be able to dig up some local services and lead generation threads here on the forum too.

Good luck!
Hi thanks I will look to educate myself on leadgen! I'll check out the other threads thanks a lot

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
636%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ

My question is now what?

The question is how.

stampy
Any thoughts on attaching a product of your own to the next website you build?

Not sure what genre you have been building the sites up before / current -- but you can attach a blog of some information site in conjunction with offering various version of products of your own. Building up email / customer list, listing those said products on various marketplaces (hence running more traffic to your site that way), etc.

Try to think of it as a bigger ecosystem, and not just something that relies entirely on whims of the google winds blowing one way or another today.

Only you will know how to bring more value to those you serve, including courses, products, e-books, or any other version of content.

Traffic can also be built in other ways you are comfortable with (perhaps social media including youtube, OR podcast, etc).

Good luck and come back with more questions!

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
I have and it's over 95% thanks for helping me
Yes, this number was expected.
The bulk of the traffic usually comes from search engines.

What @fastlane_dad said is a very good idea to increase revenue, but it most likely won't increase traffic by a substantial margin.

How do I remove the need to rely on google traffic?

I think that the only ways to increase website traffic which are 100% under your control are:
  • paid advertisements
  • establishing loyal userbase that:
    • 1. Keeps coming back
    • 2. Tells others about your site

Other than that, web traffic will always depend heavily on external platforms. This is how the www works at its core: a series of interconnected web documents that point to one another.

If you want to rely less on search engines and focus more on social media, you are not solving the problem. You are just replacing one platform with another. You can get banned on google, just like you can get banned on facebook.

So use both.

@seomatic @Andy Black I'm out of my depth here and still learning. Please let me know if I've said something inaccurate.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...