The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Big dream trouble

KingPong

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jan 19, 2017
Poland
Hello! I'm Sebastian, I live in Lodz in Poland. I'm 18 years old. My english isn't good so forgive me my mistakes. To the point...

I was always dreaming about "wealthy" life. It's not all about money, but i was always dreaming about "free" life. Freedom without working in job I don't like. 8h-10h, 5 days in week, it's not for me. I see all this people, my parents, my other family. They are not happy. I have been working in this type of job and... I feel like a slave.

I decide to do anything, absolutely anything to be "happy" in life. I want work with passion. I want put effort in something big. As 15 yo. I decide to be the champion in FMX. But in my way I meet a lot of barriers. This sport cost a lot. This is not passive. I take big risk.

In this same time, I was watching tutorials to make business in YouTube. I was bought some books about business, I was read a lot. I'm person who like many activities. Today i want to be champion, tomorrow i want be millionaire. I play on guitar, I beatbox, I skateboard, bla, bla, bla.

This same scheme is in business. Today I do Fiverr, tomorrow mobile app, and in the future e-books. I do many things but in no one Im really good.

When I was 16, I quit school. Why? Because it's crush me emotionally. I was close to depression. Never mind. I don't want to back to this.

What is my problem?

1. I feel fear about business. I don't feel that fear in sport. It's very strange. I fear about lose money, time, energy.

2. I feel like I waste my time. I don't do my best, and when I want do my best I quit. When I quit school most of my time is spending in my house. I read books, watch YT, I read articles. I'm a little lonely, but it's ok for me.

3. I always set super big goals. Like make 5m$ in 7 years or hit championship in 5 years. I don't know, this is good?

4. I don't know what I should do. I read one book, next one, next one vid on YT, and I change nothing.

Sorry for my english one again. In my country we don't need to use english at all. Maybe you can help me a little. If you have question, just ask. Bye :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome to the forum.

I want work with passion.

Hard work and breaking through obstacles is rarely fun. The passion only comes when you break thru and make progress.

This is a very important distinction.

If you're looking to "be passionate" in growing outside of your comfort zone, you're going to be dissappointed.

KingPong

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jan 19, 2017
Poland
Mhh... Playing with obstacles is fun, but i'm worried about financial problem. :O

vshetty.vs

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Sep 11, 2014
Pune

KingPong

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jan 19, 2017
Poland
Thank you for responding. I'v read this article some time ago. I need to work my butt off. :)

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014

Girzo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 27, 2015
Poland
If I were you I would focus at learning. Learn some useful skills and improve your English, it will be of great use when talking to clients. Think strategically, how do you want to help people when you don't know how to do anything? Sacrifice 1 or 2 years on simply learning something that brings people value.

The decisions you make right now will have a lot of impact later in your life, so choose wisely. Throw through the window all your desires to be someone respected or successful. Get in touch with reality and do what's needed.

KingPong

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jan 19, 2017
Poland
@Girzo Thank you so much. Your hints are already included in my life.

1) I'm focused on learning. I'm learning useful skills. I read this: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/how-to-learn-code-start-a-web-company-15k-per-month-within-9-months.69971

And I do what Fox tells. I end Codecademy, I'm now on course UDEMY, and I'm going forward! I decide, this should be my value, making websites with a purpose.

2) You're right. English is very important, and soon I start learning a lot more English language. This cannot be that bad as is already.

"Throw through the window all your desires to be someone respected or successful. Get in touch with reality and do what's needed."

I do that. I realize that is so empty and it's have no sense.

BTW. Saitama! :)

mindfulimmortal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas
Welcome to the forum.

Hard work and breaking through obstacles is rarely fun. The passion only comes when you break thru and make progress.

If you're looking to "be passionate" in growing outside of your comfort zone, you're going to be dissappointed.

Passion means "To Suffer". Solving that suffering is your joy and motivation. The process isn't always fun but the end result for you or your customer is the goal and thus your passion.

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016
Welcome to the forum.

This is one of the most important lessons I've learned in my life and one I think people don't address enough when it comes to hard work. I just bought your book UNSCRIPTED and I look forward to reading it.

Youngkody

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 10, 2017
Cornwall, Ontario
Hello! I'm Sebastian, I live in Lodz in Poland. I'm 18 years old. My english isn't good so forgive me my mistakes. To the point...

I was always dreaming about "wealthy" life. It's not all about money, but i was always dreaming about "free" life. Freedom without working in job I don't like. 8h-10h, 5 days in week, it's not for me. I see all this people, my parents, my other family. They are not happy. I have been working in this type of job and... I feel like a slave.

I decide to do anything, absolutely anything to be "happy" in life. I want work with passion. I want put effort in something big. As 15 yo. I decide to be the champion in FMX. But in my way I meet a lot of barriers. This sport cost a lot. This is not passive. I take big risk.

In this same time, I was watching tutorials to make business in YouTube. I was bought some books about business, I was read a lot. I'm person who like many activities. Today i want to be champion, tomorrow i want be millionaire. I play on guitar, I beatbox, I skateboard, bla, bla, bla.

This same scheme is in business. Today I do Fiverr, tomorrow mobile app, and in the future e-books. I do many things but in no one Im really good.

When I was 16, I quit school. Why? Because it's crush me emotionally. I was close to depression. Never mind. I don't want to back to this.

What is my problem?

1. I feel fear about business. I don't feel that fear in sport. It's very strange. I fear about lose money, time, energy.

2. I feel like I waste my time. I don't do my best, and when I want do my best I quit. When I quit school most of my time is spending in my house. I read books, watch YT, I read articles. I'm a little lonely, but it's ok for me.

3. I always set super big goals. Like make 5m$ in 7 years or hit championship in 5 years. I don't know, this is good?

4. I don't know what I should do. I read one book, next one, next one vid on YT, and I change nothing.

Sorry for my english one again. In my country we don't need to use english at all. Maybe you can help me a little. If you have question, just ask. Bye :)

Stop collecting ideas and start taking action. Decide on action steps and strive for movement.

We can collect tons of great ideas and philosophies but will they really improve our quality of living if we never take action to make them real.

This was my problem.. I knew I had issues and I was trying to learn everything I can to overcome them..

At the end of the day I realized "knowledge is power, but without action it's useless"

Experience is everything.

Life just like business is full of uncertainties.. just make sure you're proactive and you've planned for shortcomings.. failures going to happen it's ineviteable

you have to be realistic with yourself when it comes to your "big goals" are you really willing to sacrifice everything it takes to get there? or are you fooling yourself?

Don't let the idea of "perfectionism" ruin your life.. life and it's situations will never be perfect.. decide to accept what is and start taking action today not tomorrow.

Mr.Brandtastic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Sep 27, 2017
Parents' House
The thing you have to remember is that you can do whatever you want when you get rich. Once you are wealthy you can chase your passions your whole life, instead of chasing a new job.

The pain of the idea of working for the next 40-50 years MUST be greater to you than the pain of building an entrepreneurial venture, never forget that.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
dzien dobry, start with $1. how can you make that within the next week? its about building a system

$1 > $10 > $100 > $1000 and so on

big goals are not a good idea, focus on small numbers now, and then it will grow. just jumping dirtbikes you dont goto the biggest one first. you start off with a 5 foot kicker, then a 10 foot kicker....then you jump 100 foot gaps!

the same thing applies to business

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
The pain of the idea of working for the next 40-50 years MUST be greater to you than the pain of building an entrepreneurial venture, never forget that.

Amen. For me it's the pain of never having freedom, doing what I want, having true choice in my life.

I did want to ask you something. My fear isn't the usual fear. It's the fear of feeling like I'm not doing enough. I'm not pushing hard enough to be free.

What would you say to that? Currently I'm 100% focused on finding a SaaS idea, yet in the back of my mind I think I could be doing more.

Do you think it's just my brain fking with me?

Mr.Brandtastic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Sep 27, 2017
Parents' House
Do you think it's just my brain fking with me?

Yes a bit. If you say you're 100% focused on it, you shouldn't be upset. Look everyone wants to do as much as they can to help their business grow. But I think if you're devoted and spend a lot of time on it, you just have to be patient for the results.

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015

Galaxy16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
Welcome to the forum.

Exactly.

One will have sufficient time for life and passion after the giant breakthrough, despite business should not be left out of the eye.

But in the long run, Fastlane means having more (from) life.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDhZbNUEltg&list=PLJ_BEXu9hBYNa_RAoPCOzzlFhPwbeRYq-

KingCarbo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Mar 15, 2017
Atlanta Ga
Mhh... Playing with obstacles is fun, but i'm worried about financial problem. :O

Hey,
I'm new to the forum too but I may be able to provide some help. I've never had a heap of money, so I'm trying to reverse engineer the same situation as a younger guy. These are a few things in regards to finances that I've learned as a 22 year old that I hope brings you assistance:

---- Jobs that are commission based provide a good opportunity for a scalable income.
People shy away from the challenge of commission-only jobs (Which are pretty much only Sales jobs) because of the lack of security (meaning you don't get paid just to show up). This opens the doors for young guys that are looking to hustle (like us). If you can afford the learning curve of the job while not making money, you can eventually get to a place where you're making a commission and then you focus on perfecting your skills and ramping up your sales. There are heaps of sales positions that are commission only. The most important part of this is you find a company with a superior product. Ex: I sold knives by appointment only and it was great because the knives worked fantastically and had an incredible guarantee. Now I sell home security door to door and it's I love it because I believe my company to be superior to our competitors. If you have the best product, widget, service, then you just need to learn how to present it the best way.

------ If you have help, take advantage of it.
For the longest time, I thought that the financial aid my parents gave me was a crutch and that if I was a stud then I should do it myself. This was my pride making me blind to good strategy. If you can have help, either financial or through mentorship, and its free ( like this forum) take it. You can pay it back (literally or metaphorically) when you're in the Fast Lane. This tip allows you to cut down your overhead and focus.

Hope this helped!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...