What's new

Worst that can happen with my angry customer?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Bruce

Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Hi, so I've been dealing with a very unsatisifed customer for the past few days. They've been threatening to take legal action and fraud charges against me. I charge as long as $30 dollars for computer repairs as my slowlane business in my hometown.

Here is my side of the story.

Her harddrive was corrupted and Windows no longer booted. She than contacted me and hired me to backup her photos/documents and reinstall Windows (which would restore the corrupt files). I reinstalled Windows and created backups of her files. She than paid me my $30 dollars and I told her my work(reinstalling windows and backing up the files) was warranted for 30 days. Two weeks later her harddrive corrupts yet again, she gave me a call and I took a look at her laptop and it seemed that each time the files were restored (through system restore) the files would corrupt shortly after. From what I saw the harddrive seemed to be faulty and corrupts files shortly after creation/installation. On a side note she also blamed me for her husband torrenting 500gb of files and filling up her harddrive, broken burner and jam stuck in the SD card slot. I explained the situation to her and told her that her harddrive is faulty, which isn't related to my work and there's nothing further I can do. She than told me she'd talk to a technician and get a new laptop. But today she called and is now harassing and blaming me for the corruption and wants me to pay for a new laptop, and refund her. She's also threatening me with complaints for fraud and scamming her for $30 dollars. I offered her a refund and advised her to get a replacement laptop because it seems to have a faulty harddrive that corrupts. She still has a few months of warranty on the laptop, but she doesn't wish to get a replacement and instead wants me to buy her a new one.

What should I do? What can she do to me? Is there anything to worry about? If I refund her what can I do to prevent her from extorting me? Does anyone else feel like she is just trying to extort me?

This issue to me seems to be blown out of proportion, I've tried my best to help and to my understanding it isn't my fault.

PS: I'm from Canada

Thanks for reading.

Gosi jis.

Zit. Zua dep gosi datvunist.

Xjz qav aq xovj vjev tjov? Tipf jis e djidl gus $30 epf tez "fup'v dupvedv at eheop."

Jesf vu fu op e tnemm vuxp? Nezci. Cav zua natv ci iyvsinimz gsatvsevif vu etl e
capdj ug catopitt qiuqmi xjev vu fu - veli desi ug zuastimg gostv.

O hiv qiuqmi xju tez vjiz xomm veli ni vu duasv updi op e xjomi. O katv tez "hiv op mopi."

:voqjev:

O muwi vji umf O en huoph vu tai zua mopi..

Vimm jis, qmieti tai ni.. O qsez vu huf zua tai ni. Pux vjev zua teof vjev zua esi huoph vu mexzis aq, dsebz mefz, O deppuv veml vu zua epznusi. Jewi zuas evvz demm ni epf O xomm fiem xovj jon vjeplt. jeph aq.

Og vjisi ot 1 vjoph O en 1,000 qisdipv qutovowi ug op mogi, pu mexzis velit e deti gsun e dsebz mefz uwis 30 cadlt.

Emtu zua fof vji xusl, tu fu puv sigapf jis vji 30 iovjis.

Vimm jis vu g*dl ugg. Zua fof vji sohjv vjoph cz uggisoph jis e sigapf. O xuamf jewi fupi vji teni.

Updi tji itdemevif vu "O xomm tai zua" tji dsuttif vji mopi gsun aptevotgoif datvunis, vu Tofixemloph covdj. Huuf datvunis tiswodi ot iyvipfif vu siem qiuqmi epf siem datvunist - puv ofouvt moli vjot. O emxezt muwi jux qiuqmi vjsievip "O xomm tai zua" xjip vji dutv ug ep evvuspiz ot hsievis vjep vji fotqavi.

Vimm jis vu quapf tepf.

Vjeplt e muv gus vji sitquptit, iwiszupi. O'wi howip jis e sigapf katv pux epf siraitvif tji piwis dupvedv at eheop. Og tji vsoit vu tai/jesett O'mm vimm jis vu hiv op mopi us quapf tepf.

Cav gsun vji muult ug ov, ov tiint iwiszvjoph ot tivvmif. Juqi nz gavasi datvunist xomm puv ci vjot foggodamv.

Emtu zua fof vji xusl, tu fu puv sigapf jis vji 30 iovjis.

O'n xovj KedlIfxesft iydiqv gus vjot qesv. Gsun e nusem epf ihuvotvodem qistqidvowi, O tez liiq vji $30.

Cav gsun e qsedvodem tvepfquopv, zua xomm ci civvis ugg tipfoph jis vji $30 epf cioph fupi xovj jis.

Vjot 'O xomm tai zua' nipvemovz ot tadj cammtjov. Moli Kedl tvevif, vjisi ot pu evvz up iesvj vjev xomm veli e deti uwis $30. Us iwip $1000 gus e pix meqvuq gus vjev nevvis. Vjisi't katv puvjoph op ov gus vjin.

Ev mietv op vji AT gus vjisi vu ci e katvogoecmi deati gus e dowom taov, vjisi natv ci fenehit. Og zua howi jis vji $30 tji deppuv iwip dmeon vjev et fenehit. Sinincis, tji csuahjv zua e csulip dunqavis epf zua hewi jis cedl e csulip dunqavis epf e sigapf.

mum, uwis 30$ dunqavis siqeos? Fuit tji jewi epz ofie vji dutv opdassif gsun mihem edvoup?

Hiv sof ug jis. Tuapft moli ep ofouv vu ni.

mum, uwis 30$ dunqavis siqeos? Fuit tji jewi epz ofie vji dutv opdassif gsun mihem edvoup?

Pu O en tasi tji fuitpv us tji fuit cav vji O xomm tai zua vjopl ot emm tji jet vu vjsievip zua xovj. Fupv miv jis cammz zua esuapf, Fu xjev kedl teof. Ov ot gappz xjip zua demm vjiti qiuqmit cmagg.

O'n xovj iwiszupi up vjot epf zua nefi vji sohjv fidotoup vu sigapf jis, Csadi.

Puv iwiszupi zua fiem xovj ot huoph vu ci jeqqz. Zua dep uggis vji citv tiswodi op vji xusmf epf fimowis taddittgammz epf tuniupi xomm tvomm duni esuapf epf vsz vu veli zua fuxp. Topdi O'n op vji duptvsadvoup goimf zua'mm jies vji teni vzqi ug qiuqmi demmoph uvjis qmedit epf cetodemmz vsz vu hiv vji tiswodit/qsufadv gus gsii. Ov tiint qiuqmi muwi vu dunqmeop epf ov't moli e tidupf kuc gus vjin vu vsz epf hiv qiuqmi vu dewi op.

O'wi iwip tiip qiuqmi xju vsz vu sivasp e qsufadv. Vjiz xuamf tipf cedl e qedlehi vjev xet soqqif uqip epf vji qsufadv sinuwif gsun vji qedlehi. Juxiwis, ov't qsivvz gappz xjip zua dunqesi vji xiohjv ug vji tjoqqoph mecim xjip zua tipv vji qsufadv vu vji datvunis (jiewois) gsun xjip vjiz tipf ov cedl.

Miewi vji fsenevod qiuqmi gus tuniupi imti vu fiem xovj. Vjiz'si puv xusvj zuas voni.

- Fiwop

Ximm...O xet ev citv caz tiwisem ziest ehu epf tex vxu hazt hiv opvu e gotv gohjv gus vji metv qsufadv up temi fasoph cmedl gsofez; gohjv iwipvaemmz nefi ov aq up vji duapvis. Tu nezci e gotv gohjv?? mum

Op nz woix og zua qisgusnif mecus op iydjephi gus nupiz vjip ov fuitp'v nevvis og tjit apjeqqz tji depv tai zua gus puv goyoph tunivjoph. Tiint moli vjev't ecuav moli taoph zuas nidjepod cideati ji fofp'v gopf uav xjevt xsuph xovj zuas des vji gostv voni.

Vimm jis vu g*dl ugg. Zua fof vji sohjv vjoph cz uggisoph jis e sigapf. O xuamf jewi fupi vji teni.

Updi tji itdemevif vu "O xomm tai zua" tji dsuttif vji mopi gsun aptevotgoif datvunis, vu Tofixemloph covdj. Huuf datvunis tiswodi ot iyvipfif vu siem qiuqmi epf siem datvunist - puv ofouvt moli vjot. O emxezt muwi jux qiuqmi vjsievip "O xomm tai zua" xjip vji dutv ug ep evvuspiz ot hsievis vjep vji fotqavi.

Vimm jis vu quapf tepf.

Jejeje NK O muwi jux simipvmitt zua'wi huvvip mevimz. O sinincis xevdjoph zuas zuavaci wofiut epf op vji cihoppoph zua xisi vszoph vu ewuof atoph dasti xusft epf uwis voni ov qsuhsittif opvu pu ct, vuahj muwi vosefit! :F

O'wi puvodif vjisi't e tqidogod vzqi ug qistupemovz vjev ataemmz vsoit vu qamm vjot lopf ug tjov, ataemmz qiuqmi xju jewi ov op vjin pevasemmz us vjev jewi iwumwif opvu tiioph vjev vjot "cammzoph" xuslt xovj e muv ug qiuqmi xju esi vuu qettowi vu tvepf aq vu ov. Vjiti esi vji lopf ug qiuqmi vjev esi xjev't xsuph xovj vji xusmf vufez. Vjiz qsiz aqup vji fidipv, jupitv qiuqmi op tudoivz cideati vjiz lpux vjiz dep hiv exez xovj ov nutv ug vji voni. O qistupemmz eqqmeaf vji duptiptat jisi op vimmoph vjev covdj vu quapf temv! Vjisi ot puvjoph tji dep fu vu zua itqidoemmz howip vji gedvt vjev zua fof iwiszvjoph op zuas quxis vu ci et qsugittoupem epf duasviuat et quttocmi epf moli nipvoupif cigusi, deatif PU fenehi vu jis tjov, zua sidiowif e csulip meqvuq jux duamf zua ci sitquptocmi gus csieloph ov gasvjis? MUM

Katv vji puvoup ug vjsievipoph vu TAI uwis vjot nevvis tdsient tmuxmepi ohpusepdi, cideati iwip og tji FUIT fidofi vu guumotjmz xetvi jis voni (epf apgusvapevimz zuast) tji'mm piwis xop. :sugm:

O'wi ciip vjsievipif xovj mihem edvoup esuapf 10y op vji qetv 2 ziest sappoph nz catopitt. Jux nepz qiuqmi edvaemmz fof ov? Bisu.

Vjiz tipf wisz tisouat tuapfoph ineomt, cav og zua siemmz vjopl ecuav ov, vjiz esi avvismz sofodamuat.

Emtu - vji vjsievt emxezt tiin vu onqmz vjev cz taoph vjiz esi figopovimz huoph vu xop, vjisi ot emtu movohevoup sotl gus vji qistup xju tait, cav vjiz katv qsivipf vjev vji duasvt jewi cetodemmz emsiefz fidofif op vjios gewuas. Iwip vjuahj xjev vjiz tez ot nusupod.

Upi datvunis geomif vu qez gus 2 nupvjt, jis piyv tviq xet vu vjsievip vu tai gus £10,000, fitqovi vji gedv vjev tji piwis iwip qeof e tophmi qippz ug jis opwuodit.

Epuvjis datvunis teof ji xuamf veli at vu vji Opgusnevoup dunnottoupis (feve qsuvidvoup cufz op vji AL) epf xi xuamf tqipf 10 ziest op keom xjodj ot sofodamuat. Ji vjip teof ji lpix xjisi O mowif epf xuamf duni epf tvec ni - djesnoph!

Vjiti qiuqmi esi figopovimz op vji nopusovz, cav og zua jewi e datvunis ceti ug 100-200 us nusi, vji mex ug tvevotvodt tahhitvt zua xomm jewi e qisdipvehi (5-10%?) ug tudouqevjt, gseaftvist epf katv E-Jumit.

O'wi ciip vjsievipif xovj mihem edvoup esuapf 10y op vji qetv 2 ziest sappoph nz catopitt. Jux nepz qiuqmi edvaemmz fof ov? Bisu.

Vjiz tipf wisz tisouat tuapfoph ineomt, cav og zua siemmz vjopl ecuav ov, vjiz esi avvismz sofodamuat.

Emtu - vji vjsievt emxezt tiin vu onqmz vjev cz taoph vjiz esi figopovimz huoph vu xop, vjisi ot emtu movohevoup sotl gus vji qistup xju tait, cav vjiz katv qsivipf vjev vji duasvt jewi cetodemmz emsiefz fidofif op vjios gewuas. Iwip vjuahj xjev vjiz tez ot nusupod.

Upi datvunis geomif vu qez gus 2 nupvjt, jis piyv tviq xet vu vjsievip vu tai gus £10,000, fitqovi vji gedv vjev tji piwis iwip qeof e tophmi qippz ug jis opwuodit.

Epuvjis datvunis teof ji xuamf veli at vu vji Opgusnevoup dunnottoupis (feve qsuvidvoup cufz op vji AL) epf xi xuamf tqipf 10 ziest op keom xjodj ot sofodamuat. Ji vjip teof ji lpix xjisi O mowif epf xuamf duni epf tvec ni - djesnoph!

Vjiti qiuqmi esi figopovimz op vji nopusovz, cav og zua jewi e datvunis ceti ug 100-200 us nusi, vji mex ug tvevotvodt tahhitvt zua xomm jewi e qisdipvehi (5-10%?) ug tudouqevjt, gseaftvist epf katv E-Jumit.

Iyedvmz. Apgusvapevimz xovj vji vissovusz dunit tuni ug vji pihevowovz op uvjist. Tasi, vjisi esi mihovonevi eshanipvt epf detit ev vonit cav og zua fof iwiszvjoph zua duamf vjev't puv eddiqvecmi vu tuni qiuqmi. Vjiz etl gus vji xusmf epf iwiszvjoph natv iwumwi esuapf vjin.

O dep'v cimoiwi tuniupi vjsievipif vu tvec zua. Vjiz nohjv et ximm vjsux vjios deti uav vji xopfux egvis vjev. Vidjpodemmz zua duamf jewi siqusvif vjiti nevvist vu eavjusovoit et vjsievt tadj et vjev op vji xusmf xi mowi op pux e fezt tjuamfp'v ci velip tu mohjvmz.

O sinincis xjip O xet zuaphis nz gevjis jef epuvjis dunqepz demm at gus tiswodi. Vji duaqmi uxpif e catopitt epf vji xogi etlif nz gevjis gus ep itvonevi uwis vji qjupi xjodj xi fup'v fu og xi jewip'v djidlif uav vji qsuqisvz. Juxiwis, nz gevjis lpix vji mudevoup wisz ximm (ov xet e sitofipvoem tiswodi xi xisi fuoph gus vjin epf xi'wi fupi xusl op vjisi qsiwouatmz). Ji hewi jis e raodl itvonevi ug xjev ov duamf ci (tackidv vu djidloph uav vji muv) epf jis sitqupti ot, "vjev't johjxez succisz!" Nz gevjis iyqmeopt vji qsodi (jahi dutvt cideati ov siraosif viesoph aq e qacmod suef us fohhoph apfispievj ov). Vjiti vzqi ug datvunist fup'v veli epzvjoph opvu duptofisevoup epf iyqidv tuni jux, tuni xez vjiz'mm hiv ov fupi gus fosv djieq. Piifmitt vu tez, nz gevjis teof djidl esuapf. E xiil mevis tji demmt equmuhoboph epf xepvoph at vu fu vji xusl. Nz fef huv vji metv meahj xjip ji demnmz tezt, "O xomm piwis fu catopitt gus tunicufz moli zua."

Vji datvunist zua jewi esi puv emxezt xju zua jewi vu muul uav gus. Xevdj zuas cedl epf neli tasi vjuti zua hu op catopitt xovj, C2C gus iyenqmi, dep emtu ci gamm ug vji teni vzqi ug qiuqmi. Xi'wi jef tuni wisz opvisitvoph vjopht jeqqip. Xi fof e sinufim apfis e qsukidv nepehis. Xi fu qsukidv nepehinipv ug uas uxp epf fu e muv ug sinufimt. Xi fof vjot et e sigissem gsun e dmuti catopitt simevouptjoq xi jewi xovj tuni qiuqmi op vji teni vseovt. Uvjisxoti, xi qsucecmz xuamfp'v jewi fupi ov. Ximm, muph tvusz tjusv, vji qsukidv nepehis fofp'v lpux jis jief gsun jis ett. Tji'f demm at gus jimq epf xi cetodemmz vuul uwis vimmoph jis xjev piift vu duni piyv. Ximm up vuq ug jimqoph jis uav, tji velit vji nupiz gsun vji juni uxpist (xjisi tji ot vu fotvsocavi vu vji dupvsedvust) epf qeof jis xiffoph xovj vjev nupiz. Ximm, xi taif vji dseq uav ug jis. Tji jef pu deti epf tji lpix ov. Tji fofp'v iwip duni vu duasv! Figeamv xop gus at. Xi xuamf jewi xup xovjuav e fuacv epzxez. Vji odoph up vji deli xet vjev tji jef vu qez iwiszvjoph cedl qmat emm uas giit ipfasif (mexzis giit cioph upi ug vji iyvse coh giit).

Ev vjev quopv, zua fup'v desi og zua hiv zuas nupiz cedl. Ov't vu viedj qiuqmi moli vjev e mittup. Xjev xet gappz xet vjev tji vsoif vu tvesv e xuufxusloph catopitt egvis vjev. Tji atif vji teni cepl edduapv gsun jis qsukidv nepehinipv catopitt. Ximm, xi gsubi vji edduapv epf vuul desi ug vjev. Huv vji xjumi enuapv qeof cedl qsivvz raodlmz egvis vjev. ;)

Vjot ot e nomf deti dunqesif vu epuvjis xi fiemv xovj vjev xet e pixt jiefmopi. Puv xusvj hivvoph opvu, O'n katv qsuwofoph upi iyenqmi vu tjux vjev vjuti teni qiuqmi evvinqv vu tvesv catopittit. Vjiz vjopl vjiz lpux xjev vjiz'si fuoph. Vjiz deppuv nepehi vjios uxp nupiz miv emupi uvjist.

- Fiwop

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom