The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Whats the point of life?

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
What resonates with me is that happiness is the journey not the destination. I’ve heard it in a dozen different ways, The Power of Now, quotes here and there... all you have is today. So as long as you are enjoying and satisfied with today, even if it isn’t perfect (perfect doesn’t exist anyway) you’re good. Or so that’s how I feel. Looking back I had a tough 10 years behind me. These days after a lot of grinding or several kinds I got a well paid job at a very nice place that is a good placeholder until I get my Fastlane, I love the city I live in, I sustain myself and I can treat myself to stuff, treat my dear ones to stuff. I do what I want with my money and my life. I’m dating a good person whose company makes me a happier person. I have my cozy studio to myself and soon I’ll be a landlady. I am healthy. I got stuff I wanna achieve in the next few years. As far as I’m concerned things are going great!=happy!

Personally I don’t believe there’s a meaning to each individual life but we have the option to make whatever we want with it. Actually you’re lucky, some people can’t. (Heavy example: human trafficking)

Personally I would like to do something that is meaningful enough that stays even after I’m gone. That’s the only way of being immortal and/or put a meaning to your life IMO; because then if you hadn’t been born X wouldn’t have happened. But if you dont do anything meaningful with it, you’ll be gone the moment you’re gone.

That said thinking about the day I start losing family and become old and die myself etc etc makes me anxious so ima leave now, bye :arghh:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
This is kind of my problem, I have no feelings. Im in my head and logical. But I understand and agree with you sort of, you have to be drawn to your purpose without mapping it out or analysing it, you sort of just "know" I guess

i know exactly what you mean,
Believe it or not, this helped me feel something again: I do it 1 hour a day at least.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOp7wPtE6qA

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Not a business question, so posting in Off topic. But I know this forum is filled with insightful people.

Money is modern day survival. The passageway from childhood to adulthood is being able to survive on your own. Earning money becomes your purpose when you don't have enough to sustain yourself.

What is the point of life when you have enough money to sustain yourself?

The usual reply is "just do what makes you happy"

But what is happiness exactly?

All I understand is our brains have one goal in mind: to reproduce. When we are doing actions that are inline and satisfy that, our brain creates happy chemicals to tell us "Good job keeping doing this!"

So is the point just to follow our egos and primal desires as closely as possible?

I don't mean to ask this to try and sound smart or create some debate or something. Ive genuinely been stuck and lost for the past few years as to what life is all about. Or if it is really nothing with no meaning. We happen to exist up until this point and so you just make what you want of it, but at the barebones its to have the most optimum and prolonged survival.
I have struggled with this issue many times over the years. All I can tell you is what is right for me.
When I was young I was always going to be happy when something happened in the future -- or I was able to buy something. I had a major health issue and almost lost my life. While I was lying there in bed, I asked when I was going to give myself permission to be happy. I was afraid I wouldn't last that long. So, as I got back on my feet, I changed my life and made myself new rules.

1. I live every day as though it will be my last one. Time is SO precious.
2. I try to pay forward by being helpful to the people around me. I want to leave a legacy of kind acts.
3. I don't want to make a bad cause by intentionally hurting anyone. It's not worth it to be mean or nasty.
4. I take care of myself. I try to eat right, exercise, sleep enough and spend some quiet time every day.
5. I take care of and cherish my relationships. That includes my dear husband, off-springs, and my close friends. They are the first people I go to with my joys and my sorrows.
6. I clean house a lot in my life. It's figurative and literal. I'm always evaluating things. I decide what activities and/or stuff I want to keep and what to 86 out of my life. Life needs room to send you something new. I try to make room for change.

Your life is a blank canvas. If you aren't happy, change it. It's your life!

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
There is no intrinsic "higher" meaning per se. Of course we could all be part of a simulation in which future humans are running scenarios in order to find out the answer to some great question that means something to them.

However it is us, you, me and everyone else on the planet that gives meaning to our lives.

What's the point of my life? To enrich the experiences of people I interact with and to make sure my daughter is as prepared as possible to take care of herself.

To get as good at golf as I possibly can.

To eat good food.

To learn.

To have as much sex as possible.

To laugh.

To enjoy.

To be with family and friends.

To experience new languages and cultures.

Unfortunately we don't leave in an Iain M. Banks type-utopia whereby all of our base needs are taken care of by the Minds, so working/building a business tends to get in the way of a lot of those things... However that is just a means to an end, I don't pursue the fastlane because it gives meaning to my life, I do it so that I can concentrate on the things that matter.

Anyway, to summarise, life is enthused by the meaning you give to it. Your life means something to you, and mine another thing to me. Sometimes you'll meet people who share the same meaning as you, at other times you won't.

So chill out, and go and play some golf - would be my advice.

Indulgency

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Nov 3, 2019
I have recently made that change. I have dealt with depression and negative feelings for a long time. I finally realized I was focusing on everything I didn't have and not the things I did have. I changed my mindset and am doing a lot better. Be happy with what you have but never stop progressing.

IlseVdG

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jul 28, 2019
Belgium
Hey more importantly thank you for replying to my thread. You are right, posting this has made me start to look within for the answers, and to not be too logical or strategical about it. Try and feel it I guess. But introspection has definetly started, the answers are within. Thanks :D

You're so welcome! Thanks for your reply :)

IlseVdG

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jul 28, 2019
Belgium
What resonates with me is that happiness is the journey not the destination. I’ve heard it in a dozen different ways, The Power of Now, quotes here and there... all you have is today.

Yes, I also like The Power of Now, I like listen to it on Audible, many times over. Even when you're not actually listening to it, it's relaxing. :)

Seniorpreneur

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Aug 4, 2007
Edmonton, AB Canada
Not a business question, so posting in Off topic. But I know this forum is filled with insightful people.

Money is modern day survival. The passageway from childhood to adulthood is being able to survive on your own. Earning money becomes your purpose when you don't have enough to sustain yourself.

All I understand is our brains have one goal in mind: to reproduce. When we are doing actions that are inline and satisfy that, our brain creates happy chemicals to tell us "Good job keeping doing this!"

So is the point just to follow our egos and primal desires as closely as possible?

I don't mean to ask this to try and sound smart or create some debate or something. Ive genuinely been stuck and lost for the past few years as to what life is all about. Or if it is really nothing with no meaning. We happen to exist up until this point and so you just make what you want of it, but at the barebones its to have the most optimum and prolonged survival.

Happiness can be measured on a daily basis. If daily events work in your favour you are likely to be happy if not you will generally be sad and anxious which could lead to depression. You can decide to be happy every day. It's a matter of choice. If your not happy then change the direction of your life with respect to your goals, dreams and life expectations. Reach high but walk slow. Maslow's hierarchy of needs shows that you are at the peak of your happiness achievement when you reach the level of self-actualization (full potential) or 'nirvana'. It looks like you need to be empowered to work on your own happiness.

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1bTe54j6PQ

IlseVdG

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jul 28, 2019
Belgium
[/QUOTE]
i know exactly what you mean,
Believe it or not, this helped me feel something again: I do it 1 hour a day at least.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOp7wPtE6qA

So glad that you posted this. I'm not surprised at all that this helped you.
I do this very regularly:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1CJZ5MkuqI

But lower to the ground, with the knees more bent (keep the pelvis tucked in, though, that's crucial). A few years back I had the privilige of getting teachings from a kung fu monk. It's all that I can remember now from his lessons, hihi, but it's more than enough, has helped me tremendously.
I'll try your video too, for variation. :cool:

guy93777

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jun 5, 2019
what's the point of this topic anyway ?

it is this :

it does not matter whether i am right or people here are right or whatever

what matters is that some people can see the truth and most people can't

the pareto principle at work ( the 80/20 principle )

this is the real point.

some people have done their homework and most people will never do anything to understand this world

our job is to use them

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Yes, I also like The Power of Now, I like listen to it on Audible, many times over. Even when you're not actually listening to it, it's relaxing. :)

I started reading but after the first few chapters I felt I was going around in circles, like all I needed to learn was in those first few, so I put it down. That said those first few chapters were insightful.

QFP

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Apr 26, 2017
UK
“Question: What is Buddha? Answer: Three pounds of flax.”
“Question: What is Buddha? Answer: Cat in box.”
:smile2:

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Well outside of religion, there are a few things - this is why I really like Jordan Peterson.

I think we DO all have something to offer by taking responsibility for ourselves. We all have a responsibility to leave the world off better than when we came, some a smaller impact than others.

I think most of my friends that deal with depression lack any sense of purpose

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
most people will never do anything to understand this world

our job is to use them
My job is to help people, not use them.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
this is the real point.

some people have done their homework and most people will never do anything to understand this world

our job is to use them

Taking advantage of those less wealthy, less educated, less intelligent, less physically capable, and intellectually or mentally disadvantaged is the savage law of the jungle.

I prefer to help them find their way out of that jungle, and to my great relief I have found a business forum in which apart from a tiny minority, that is the prevailing mindset.

Walter

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
So glad that you posted this. I'm not surprised at all that this helped you.
I do this very regularly:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1CJZ5MkuqI

But lower to the ground, with the knees more bent (keep the pelvis tucked in, though, that's crucial). A few years back I had the privilige of getting teachings from a kung fu monk. It's all that I can remember now from his lessons, hihi, but it's more than enough, has helped me tremendously.
I'll try your video too, for variation. :cool:

Yea the video i posted is just a good intro for people who don't know anything.
I take classes with kung fu dude from china as well and read a shit ton of books and articles

pelvis tucked in and sunk down and chin must be tucked in too and neck stretching upwards.
so lower back stretches down while head streches up, so the spine is straightened.
My issue is shoulders constantly tensing up and hunching too much, gotta keep relaxing them lol

length of practice time matters a lot, for best results at least 40 minutes to an hour is good.

I keep noticing that after practice i feel more energy and motivation to do anything.
But throughout the day or even if im just being little too loose with the standing, its like i get lazy and apathetic, and just have no motivation to do shit.

Its like a fine balance where if you hype yourself too much u will burn yourself out and get too tense and irritated, but relaxing too much just leaks the energy right out of you and affects your conscious mind.

That's why i believe just practicing Zhan Zhuang every day consistently, and focusing on keeping the proper stretched posture so there's no slouching but also no stiffness, that will naturally cure any issues of motivation in the long term.

It's like a physical natural phenomenon, that the state of mind is directly affected by the physical posture, and health as a whole.
Its the gateway to everything i think, you really just gotta feel it, no amount of philosophical thinking about life will make you feel that purpose.
If anything itll make you more depressed because pure logic wise, there is no known meaning to anything, there is no known purpose. Reality is basically absurd existence.
But emotionally, spiritually, you can feel there's meaning to everything, that you're on a meaningful journey or something.

Last edited:

SamboNZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Aug 14, 2019
What is the meaning of life?

I think the answer to this question is relative to what you believe about the origins of the universe as we know it.

If you believe that that the universe is only here by chance, then there IS no meaning; it's random.

If you believe that the universe exists because of deliberate, intelligent design, then you have reason to speculate as to what the purpose of it is.

Regardless, no one who exists only inside this universe can tell you with 100% certainty how it came to be here; like everyone else, you have to look at the evidence and make that determination for yourself.

At the end of the day; as others here have pointed out, we are essentially free to decide for ourselves what the meaning of life is, and I agree, this is the absolute best thing about life as we know it! We have the latitude, intellect and capacity to look at the universe and decide for ourselves what to make of it.

I personally believe that intelligent design is more likely than random chance (the probabilities supporting the theory of random evolution of the universe and life just don't add up to me), so my philosophy is geared toward that.

I believe that we actually exist, in some form, outside of this universe and we are here of our own free will to challenge ourselves, to learn how to make it in this life and to personally grow as 'beings'.

I also think that the things we are here to achieve are coded into our DNA / psyche and that they naturally motivate us:
1) Survival (personally and as a species)
2) Exploration (learning about our world & ourselves)
3) Relationship (learning to love & respect others)
4) Achievement (expanding the limits of what we are capable of doing)
5) Creativity (using what we have learned used to form new ideas)

These things represent different 'levels' of existence IMO. As we become more proficient in each level of existence we begin to naturally desire to move onto the next.

That's how I see it anyway.

Of course, the other, perhaps more simple explanation is: 42. :)

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA

Strategery

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jun 25, 2019

markK

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 8, 2018
Missouri, US
what's the point of this topic anyway ?

it is this :

View attachment 28493

it does not matter whether i am right or people here are right or whatever

what matters is that some people can see the truth and most people can't

the pareto principle at work ( the 80/20 principle )

this is the real point.

our job is to use them

@guy93777 I understand much of what you post about here on the forum and I agree that "some people can see the truth and most people can't"

What's important is what you do with the truth.

There's a principle that you can become like what you hate.

So, if you hate the Illuminati, NWO, Globalists, The elites, Trilateral Commission, CFR, Bilderberg, etc...
There's a good chance that you will become like them, which based on some of your comments, you may have already been infected. "our job is to use them"

I believe in the principle of:
Be not deceived...let no man deceive you
...but I also believe
Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Don't let all your deep knowledge make you proud, so that you become like them.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
The usual reply is "just do what makes you happy. But what is happiness exactly?

maxresdefault.jpg

img_1722.jpg

2014-04-28-19-40-20.jpg

one-man-tests-the-limits-of-mandarin-chinese-infamous-all-you-can-eat-buffet-1469116204.jpg

Don't overthink. Life is simple.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
maxresdefault.jpg

img_1722.jpg

2014-04-28-19-40-20.jpg

one-man-tests-the-limits-of-mandarin-chinese-infamous-all-you-can-eat-buffet-1469116204.jpg

Don't overthink. Life is simple.
:rofl:

I think this shows a progression... first you get the money... then you get the women (who make a hole in your wallet)... then you get the fast cars for the women... then your money is gone... and you're stuck eating at the canteen...

Nadin Thomson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 9, 2019
Hi there, I think many people are searching, but the best answer to me was provided in this book:

The Rhythm of Life by Matthew Kelly!!

It's well worth a read and makes total sense.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.