The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What job to look for while I build my business?

Crazy GG

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Mar 28, 2018
Riga, Latvia
Hello everyone,

Right now I am desperately trying to get clients for my web-design business - I even started a 90 day cold-calling challenge thread which you can read here.

However, it's not that easy in the start and I am thinking about getting a job to a) get some cash flow b) learn useful skills I could use for my business.

Any ideas what kind of jobs I should be looking for? I don't want a complete side-hustle where I just work for money (working in a supermarket) but more when I can also learn something useful that will help me.

I was thinking sales jobs (since that is arguably #1 skill when starting a business) but most of them are looking for full-time candidates, and right now I want to focus on my business and try to make it work. I have found some sales positions that are part time, however.

However, I have given myself a deadline of 1st March - if I don't have a sustainable business by then where I can at least support myself, I will look for full-time positions.

Any ideas? Should I go for a big or small company? What kind of sales jobs I should be looking for? Any other fields I should look into (i.e. marketing)?

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Any job that sucks.

I work sometimes (1 or 2 days in a week) in the harbor, moving new cars (Mercedes, Jaguar, Tesla, ...) from point A to point B. It's a fun job and I don't hate it. But actually I need something that I really hate so I'm more motivated to grow my webdesign business.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Hello everyone,

Right now I am desperately trying to get clients for my web-design business - I even started a 90 day cold-calling challenge thread which you can read here.

However, it's not that easy in the start and I am thinking about getting a job to a) get some cash flow b) learn useful skills I could use for my business.

Any ideas what kind of jobs I should be looking for? I don't want a complete side-hustle where I just work for money (working in a supermarket) but more when I can also learn something useful that will help me.

I was thinking sales jobs (since that is arguably #1 skill when starting a business) but most of them are looking for full-time candidates, and right now I want to focus on my business and try to make it work. I have found some sales positions that are part time, however.

However, I have given myself a deadline of 1st March - if I don't have a sustainable business by then where I can at least support myself, I will look for full-time positions.

Any ideas? Should I go for a big or small company? What kind of sales jobs I should be looking for? Any other fields I should look into (i.e. marketing)?

Thanks

Mindless jobs that are stable and don't require physical labour. Admin jobs come to mind. If you're lucky, you can even adjust your monitor setup/seat so that you can continue reading and learning from this forum or from PDF ebooks, and even work on your own hustle while they pay you. These sort of jobs, usually the pay is low but there's very little overtime.

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
Nightshift security guard/concierge in a residential tower block. (UK: you only need to do the license). All you do is open the door for the residents. My security guard watches YouTube videos all night, the other one always reads a book. Its easy, no pressure and you have time to read and learn about all sort of things.

Uber driver for extra flexibility. Make calls from home/car, drive only when you are needed.

Sales Job but not those B2C low end cold calling offices. Face-Face sales, higher end sales. The more uncomfortable, the better

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.