The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I need help with deciding what job I should choose while I'm in the process of creating my program

Dominykas1

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 18, 2023
Hello everyone. I have an idea of creating a website and an app which will give great service to the society. To accomplish my goals I need to work on my programming skills and to learn the concepts of it.

Currently I'm working as an electrician in a rotations work which is 14 days of work and 14 days off. And now in the run of those 14 days I work 12.5 hours per day which means that I have very limited time to do my programming work. But on the rest of the 14 days I'm free from work.

Now the main problem comes in is that I have developed spinal hernia and sometimes the work that I do can be very unpleasant and painful. Therefore I have found a job in an electric store (that sells cables and electric material etc.) . Now it is an easier job that doesn't really hurt my back but it is a 9-5 and there again I will be limited to do my programming work.

Currently I work on both of these jobs because of my free 14 days but I know that the time has come to choose one of the them and to concentrate on my programming.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DerekOlsen

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 20, 2023
Hello! It sounds like you're juggling quite a bit between your electrician jobs and your programming aspirations. Making that choice can be tough, but focusing on your programming skills during your free time could be a great step toward achieving your goal of creating a website and app. Keep pushing forward, and I hope your spinal hernia doesn't hinder your progress too much.

Olezhest

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 15, 2023
Hello everyone. I have an idea of creating a website and an app which will give great service to the society. To accomplish my goals I need to work on my programming skills and to learn the concepts of it.

Currently I'm working as an electrician in a rotations work which is 14 days of work and 14 days off. And now in the run of those 14 days I work 12.5 hours per day which means that I have very limited time to do my programming work. But on the rest of the 14 days I'm free from work.

Now the main problem comes in is that I have developed spinal hernia and sometimes the work that I do can be very unpleasant and painful. Therefore I have found a job in an electric store (that sells cables and electric material etc.) . Now it is an easier job that doesn't really hurt my back but it is a 9-5 and there again I will be limited to do my programming work.

Currently I work on both of these jobs because of my free 14 days but I know that the time has come to choose one of the them and to concentrate on my programming.
Hi reading this story i see myself. I started to work as an electrician when i was 22, by 25 i realized that electrical job doesn't give you what you've expected, so i decided to become a programmer, i went to University , studied for 3 years, but than realized programming is not so easy to get as electrician stuff( yes for me electrical is easier than programming). So i've dropped programming idea and went to work on ships. Worked as electrician for 13 years. Now i've read book and decided to do something with my life, tried different things( Amazon FBA, Affiliate, even tried to invent some thing), but then my wife said to me very important and wise thing. She said: "Why you are jumping from one idea to another, why we are loosing money? Don't you understand you are electrician and do your electrical job!". First it was frustrating to hear and even insulting (I'm trying to create future to us, bla bla..). And then i realized, It better to develop already existing skill, than learn and start new one, where i have 0 experience. Now i'm working on creating an electrical business, i have 16 years in it by the way. Yes to be honest i'm still on that stage of idea, it is difficult to build something if you are maintenance electrician. But at least i know what i should do, and i've chosen a niche where i have knowledge. I regret that i've wasted so much time with shit ideas. Just wanted to share my experience, it might be helpful. Off topic: if somebody in Ireland and interested to create business with electrician, give me a shout))

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...