• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

What job to look for while I build my business?

Discussion in 'Chat Scripted Dogma/Indoctrination' started by Crazy GG, Oct 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Crazy GG

Crazy GG Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,589
    Hello everyone,

Right now I am desperately trying to get clients for my web-design business - I even started a 90 day cold-calling challenge thread which you can read here.

However, it's not that easy in the start and I am thinking about getting a job to a) get some cash flow b) learn useful skills I could use for my business.

Any ideas what kind of jobs I should be looking for? I don't want a complete side-hustle where I just work for money (working in a supermarket) but more when I can also learn something useful that will help me.

I was thinking sales jobs (since that is arguably #1 skill when starting a business) but most of them are looking for full-time candidates, and right now I want to focus on my business and try to make it work. I have found some sales positions that are part time, however.

However, I have given myself a deadline of 1st March - if I don't have a sustainable business by then where I can at least support myself, I will look for full-time positions.

Any ideas? Should I go for a big or small company? What kind of sales jobs I should be looking for? Any other fields I should look into (i.e. marketing)?

Thanks

Germanpotato and Xeon like this.
  2. Crazy GG

Crazy GG Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,589
  3. Windward

Windward New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $62
    Hint.. any job! what ever works, it it doesn't work you can change

Crazy GG likes this.
  4. Longinus

Longinus Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $18,972
    Any job that sucks.

I work sometimes (1 or 2 days in a week) in the harbor, moving new cars (Mercedes, Jaguar, Tesla, ...) from point A to point B. It's a fun job and I don't hate it. But actually I need something that I really hate so I'm more motivated to grow my webdesign business.

Crazy GG and Germanpotato like this.
  5. Xeon

Xeon All Cars Kneel Before Pagani. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,640
    Mindless jobs that are stable and don't require physical labour. Admin jobs come to mind. If you're lucky, you can even adjust your monitor setup/seat so that you can continue reading and learning from this forum or from PDF ebooks, and even work on your own hustle while they pay you. These sort of jobs, usually the pay is low but there's very little overtime.

6. Knugs

Knugs Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,467
    Nightshift security guard/concierge in a residential tower block. (UK: you only need to do the license). All you do is open the door for the residents. My security guard watches YouTube videos all night, the other one always reads a book. Its easy, no pressure and you have time to read and learn about all sort of things.

Uber driver for extra flexibility. Make calls from home/car, drive only when you are needed.

Sales Job but not those B2C low end cold calling offices. Face-Face sales, higher end sales. The more uncomfortable, the better

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.