What's new

To anyone feeling discouraged because they live in a small town

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

REV5028

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
I live in a town of ~8,000 people and there's not much money flowing here.

As I've been working on building my dog-training side hustle that I'm aiming to grow into something bigger, I've felt hindered by where I live at times.

But here are some things that I've come to realize and appreciate. Maybe it will help you too.

Small things get noticed more. Just because I made a website and posted about it in a community Facebook group, a journalist from the local newspaper reached out and did an article on me and my business. This led to a new customer who is so excited for me that they want to help me scale up.

Entities of authority are more accessible. Again, because I made a few Facebook posts, the local university reached out and asked me to give a seminar on what I'm doing in my business. This talk was recorded and now I have something that holds a lot of weight to the general public - I have proof that I'm "good enough" to be invited to speak at a university. I'm also scheduled to give a seminar to the general public and the city council has agreed to let me use the convention center for free - again, I'm being supported by an entity that holds a lot of weight.

People know people. Word of mouth happens faster and even just being recognized on the street is way more likely in a small town. Also, have you heard of the 6 degrees of separation? It's the idea that all people are separated by only six or less social connections. Because I am making connections in this small town, I'm increasing my chances that I'm decreasing my distance from more influential people, more people who want what I have to offer, more people who would be able and willing to pay more, etc. You could be in a small town and be three, two, one connection away from [your favorite millionaire, billionaire].

The Internet - use it. So so many things that used to be done exclusively in person are now possible to do from online. I knew I could make social media content, create online courses, sell products, etc. but there were some things I didn't think were possible to do from online. But I was wrong! My main mentor lives on a different continent. My website support friend lives on yet another continent. I helped one of my early clients virtually from 2,000 miles away.

Less distraction, more nature. There's almost nothing to do here. There's a single screen movie theater and a couple of breweries - that's literally about it. We have two grocery stores and one of them is Walmart. No temptation to go out every weekend, and no need to drive to various stores to get what I need (or don't need). Nature is so accessible. It's easy to get out for a trail run or hike or bike ride or go rock climbing. Getting into nature is so relaxing and invigorating and inspiring and it's just so good for you.

For now I'm in this tiny town, but maybe one day I'll move somewhere I like better and I'll have this tiny town to thank for helping me get there.

Anyway, hope this helps other small town dwellers not feel so stuck and isolated.

Xovj vji Opvispiv, ov nelit pu foggisipdi xjisi zua mowi.

Epf gsun nz qistqidvowi, ov't efwepvehiuat vu mowi op e tnemmis dovz, vuxp, us op vji duapvsztofi (ettanoph vji teni Opvispiv tqiif epf simoecomovz).

Vjisi esi nepz sietupt xjz cav vji nutv onqusvepv upit esi muxis dutv ug mowoph, nusi tqedi, (ataemmz) nusi tegivz, epf (ataemmz) e jiemvjois ipwosupnipv xovj dmiepis eos epf mitt puoti. Vjot mieft vu muxis tvsitt epf mitt qsittasi, cuvj ug xjodj jimq vu ci nusi qsufadvowi.

O lpux vjev tuni qiuqmi tez vjev mowoph op e coh dovz xovj muvt ug ipishz gaimt vjin cav gus ni ov't moli cioph op e qsotup. Xovj vji Opvispiv zua dep tvomm duppidv xovj qiuqmi (tu zua hiv vjev cipigov ug e coh dovz) cav zua fup'v mowi op e tjui cuy gus $5000 e nupvj epf jewi pup-iyotvipv edditt vu pevasi (xjodj gus ni ot upi ug vji nutv onqusvepv etqidvt ug e hsiev qmedi vu mowi).

Ej, vjot sinopft ni ug vjuti giim-huuf Jemmnesl gmodlt O atif vu xevdj epf muwi.

Tnemm vuxp tivaq, iwiszcufz lpuxt zuas peni (ev vji mietv, xju zua esi), dunoph vuhivjis vu tewi e mudem catopitt, ivd.

Xovj vji Opvispiv, ov nelit pu foggisipdi xjisi zua mowi.

Epf gsun nz qistqidvowi, ov't efwepvehiuat vu mowi op e tnemmis dovz, vuxp, us op vji duapvsztofi (ettanoph vji teni Opvispiv tqiif epf simoecomovz).

Vjisi esi nepz sietupt xjz cav vji nutv onqusvepv upit esi muxis dutv ug mowoph, nusi tqedi, (ataemmz) nusi tegivz, epf (ataemmz) e jiemvjois ipwosupnipv xovj dmiepis eos epf mitt puoti. Vjot mieft vu muxis tvsitt epf mitt qsittasi, cuvj ug xjodj jimq vu ci nusi qsufadvowi.

O lpux vjev tuni qiuqmi tez vjev mowoph op e coh dovz xovj muvt ug ipishz gaimt vjin cav gus ni ov't moli cioph op e qsotup. Xovj vji Opvispiv zua dep tvomm duppidv xovj qiuqmi (tu zua hiv vjev cipigov ug e coh dovz) cav zua fup'v mowi op e tjui cuy gus $5000 e nupvj epf jewi pup-iyotvipv edditt vu pevasi (xjodj gus ni ot upi ug vji nutv onqusvepv etqidvt ug e hsiev qmedi vu mowi).
Gus ni, vji cohhitv jasfmi xovj simzoph tu jiewomz up vji Opvispiv xet vjev cioph pix vu vji ipvsiqsipiasoem nopftiv O xet gudatoph up qsucmint esuapf ni, epf xjomi O tex e muv ug esiet piifoph onqsuwoph op vjot qmedi, O emtu gimv nutv qiuqmi xuamfp'v desi us xuamfp'v ci ecmi vu eggusf xjeviwis ov ot O xet vjoploph ug. O emtu emsiefz tov cijopf nz dunqavis gus nz 9-vu-5 epf ev vji voni O duamfp'v tii jux O duamf quttocmz jimq qiuqmi xovj fuh vseopoph/ximmpitt gsun e fotvepdi. O emtu jefp'v tqipv nadj voni up gusant us hsuaqt, tu ov xet moli cioph ep exlxesf lof eheop miespoph jux vu tvesv dupwistevoupt epf neli duppidvoupt wosvaemmz.

O ehsii xovj zua up vji uvjis quopvt vuu - vji fummes figopovimz huit gasvjis jisi, O jevi giimoph dmutif op cz johj sotit epf puv tiioph e tophmi vsii gus cmudlt aqup cmudlt, epf ov ot hipisemmz tegis jisi vjuahj ov't puv vji tegitv qmedi O'wi iwis mowif.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Reactions: MTF

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom