The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

the making money part

Mathew Verble

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 6, 2018
so I found a need. one I've noticed for a while, something good I've wanted for years. and I've been mulling over how to break free for a while then this need that's been nestled away in my head resurfaced.
There's a group of people, a kinda smaller niche, like vegans, or fitness nuts, not huge locally but when you consider the span of the Internet there's a good handful in every town. I'd have to research the numbers, but that's not what im posting for now. the need is community and ease of access to information for said community.

a lot of us don't know where to go to talk to others. maybe you have a friend or two, but if you look for the big group, there isn't a good active online presence. maybe a... Forum accessible through the website.

Need two: we're all into a out 4 or 5 different kinds of things. there isn't a good website (by good I mean ease of access to the information) that encompasses it all. and if you go to buy your process typically is look up the items, figure out what you want exactly. go through Amazon and buy it. and you might be hunting for a while to figure out what you want. so I want to streamline by having information with purchase ability on a site that gets traffic for research, community, and market. bam, my idea, nothing new, but I think it'd work

my thoughts: Information website that has all the item information in easy to find categories with descriptions and purchase ability and a forum as a individual entity of the same site.

ok... haha sorry to ramble. here's my question: I don't have a warehouse, I don't have thousands up front. I wouldn't mind doing some day running a shop... but at the same time I'm really looking for less time work for more money. so I'm wondering if maybe amazon affiliate would be the way to go or finding business in the side niche product lines that would let me sell their products/ advertise their products for a percentage would be the way to go.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
sure why not?

give affiliate marketing a go, tough gig tho but you can learn sales through that whilst having no products and very little if any investment upfront

the hard part is driving traffic so hopefully you have a huge following already on youtube/fb or insta

Mathew Verble

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 6, 2018
that's kinda what I was thinking. For now the affiliate can at least make a few dollars while I focus on traffic. I don't have a huge following. but I know where to go, I have a couple isolated facebook groups with a couple hundred members in them that'd probably love it for the same reason I want it and I'm learning marketing, advertising and how the hell Google works from a very close friend that does marketing and website presence as a 9-5 so I think I'm rolling with the right people at least.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
so I found a need. one I've noticed for a while, something good I've wanted for years. and I've been mulling over how to break free for a while then this need that's been nestled away in my head resurfaced.
There's a group of people, a kinda smaller niche, like vegans, or fitness nuts, not huge locally but when you consider the span of the Internet there's a good handful in every town. I'd have to research the numbers, but that's not what im posting for now. the need is community and ease of access to information for said community.

a lot of us don't know where to go to talk to others. maybe you have a friend or two, but if you look for the big group, there isn't a good active online presence. maybe a... Forum accessible through the website.

Need two: we're all into a out 4 or 5 different kinds of things. there isn't a good website (by good I mean ease of access to the information) that encompasses it all. and if you go to buy your process typically is look up the items, figure out what you want exactly. go through Amazon and buy it. and you might be hunting for a while to figure out what you want. so I want to streamline by having information with purchase ability on a site that gets traffic for research, community, and market. bam, my idea, nothing new, but I think it'd work

my thoughts: Information website that has all the item information in easy to find categories with descriptions and purchase ability and a forum as a individual entity of the same site.

ok... haha sorry to ramble. here's my question: I don't have a warehouse, I don't have thousands up front. I wouldn't mind doing some day running a shop... but at the same time I'm really looking for less time work for more money. so I'm wondering if maybe amazon affiliate would be the way to go or finding business in the side niche product lines that would let me sell their products/ advertise their products for a percentage would be the way to go.
Gosh. That's really hard to read. Try capitalising and more white space.

Writing clearly is a great skill to have. (Hint hint)

After trying to read it I still don't know what your question is.

What are you asking?

PS: Don't go back and edit your opening post. Post below and we'll help you tease out your question.

Why am I doing this?

Because the business owner's job is to ask better questions. ; )

Last edited:

Mathew Verble

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 6, 2018
Gosh. That's really hard to read. Try capitalising and more white space.

Writing clearly is a great skill to have. (Hint hint)

After trying to read it I still don't know what your question is.

What are you asking?

PS: Don't go back and edit your opening post. Post below and we'll help you tease out your question.

Why am I doing this?

Because the business owner's job is to ask better questions. ; )

Goodness, you are definitely right. I probably would edit it if you hadn't just told me no editing. I think my original question was do I go with affiliate marketing or create my own product. I've opted to be a producer instead. Make it 100% mine and scale with the idea of less hands on later.

Mostly I think I was so early in the brainstorming stage I wasn't even for sure what my question was. I would like to blame having broke my hand for why my typing was so awful. Hunt and peck one handed typing is a pain but hardly a excuse for poor grammar.

I have changed my ideas quite a bit since my original post and have been working hard on a great deal of things. I'll elaborate when I get to a better signal location. My phone is struggling here. Thanks for the response though and expect one back very soon.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fastlane Liam

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 10, 2018
United Kingdom
Goodness, you are definitely right. I probably would edit it if you hadn't just told me no editing. I think my original question was do I go with affiliate marketing or create my own product. I've opted to be a producer instead. Make it 100% mine and scale with the idea of less hands on later.

Mostly I think I was so early in the brainstorming stage I wasn't even for sure what my question was. I would like to blame having broke my hand for why my typing was so awful. Hunt and peck one handed typing is a pain but hardly a excuse for poor grammar.

I have changed my ideas quite a bit since my original post and have been working hard on a great deal of things. I'll elaborate when I get to a better signal location. My phone is struggling here. Thanks for the response though and expect one back very soon.
Awesome, Id love to hear how you found a need to create a product for and why you chose it

eWomenNetwork

New Contributor
Apr 11, 2018
Dallas , Texas , 75254
You can give a try to the Amazon Affiliate marketing Program. Just select a product and service of your choice, promote it and earn the profit per sale that you make!! There are two core ways of Affiliate Marketing namely Unattached and Involved Affiliate Marketing. Unattached Affiliate Marketing is where there’s no connection between you and the customer. You simply place an affiliate link to your post or blog, with a hope for the user to click and buy the product! An example includes a popular e-commerce website, Amazon! While on the other hand, Involved Affiliate Marketing means you have some connection with the product or service you are promoting. Your experience in using a service or a product can influence the customers to buy it. This style of marketing is profitable and comes with a great responsibility on your end!!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.