The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So I turned 34.

FlRock

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Dec 20, 2017
Tampa Bay
Hello TFF,

I found this forum roughly a year ago. I was searching for ad copy advice in hopes to help my aging fathers business and came across a thread about a carpet cleaning business by "the ice cream man". The amount of information within that thread left me amazed and hungry.

I took some advice, scheduled a meeting with a local score chapter for some mentoring and developed a small scale marketing campaign for my fathers Electrical company; website, SEO, door to door advertisements.

The direction worked and I made 5x my ROI. Fast forward to now. I didn't buy TMF right away as I've always been cynical and didn't want to buy into another false avenue of teachings.

Well, I had some health issues that made me reevaluate my choices in lifestyle. One night while sitting dissatisfied with my passive and stable, yet low income. I decided to buy TMF .

I enjoyed the read, and it reignited a fire within myself to be better than where I'm currently at.

Years ago I was a hard charger in the Army. I spent 16 months in Afghanistan during the early years of the war. Came home with some wounds and years of figuring out where I belonged. It's been just over 10 years since I've been home and I only just recently feel as if things have fallen into place.

I'm blessed with a stable income divorced of my time, however, it isn't enough. I'm the most successful person in my family, which is a drag when you're doing your best to change your future income for the better (no one else to help direct).

I work whenever I want as an electrician but do this mainly to help my old man from working so hard himself. I take a small hourly wage and allow him to keep the lions share of my earnings (he bills a higher rate than what I charge him, which I insist).

I graduated college using my G.I. Bill and have a computer degree that I've all but lost interest in. I find myself intrigued with marketing and have even offered to volunteer my time locally to learn more in the field (no takers).

Currently I've been saving "side hustle" to use towards working capital in some form of ecommerce. Most likely shopify/dropshipping. Lately I find the self doubt being the most difficult hurdle for myself to clear.

Unfortunately my friends group is rather small, and those I keep around are uncomfortable with dreaming big and none have felt the feelings of high achievement.

I'm located in sunny Tampa Bay and daily I see the success of others. I'm ready for some of my own!
If you've made it this far, thanks. :clap::

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WaterWerks

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Mar 25, 2018
NYC
keep on keeping on my friend. nothing comes easy, if it was we would all be wealthy and great.

things can always be much worst. it'll take time but your day will come.

FlRock

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Dec 20, 2017
Tampa Bay
keep on keeping on my friend. nothing comes easy, if it was we would all be wealthy and great.

things can always be much worst. it'll take time but your day will come.
I hear that, having been the experiences I encountered in my early twenties has lead me to being greatful and humble.

Down side to that being, comfortableness is a cancer to creativity and change.

Thanks for the welcome, I plan to post more of the positive lifestyle changes I've made throughout the years and hopefully be able to add to one more of the many succes$ stories.

AnAverageJoe

remember that you will die
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 4, 2017
NMBSC
Welcome to the forums.
Lately I find the self doubt being the most difficult hurdle for myself to clear.
This is my biggest issue. Most of the time I'm my own worse enemy. It's a daily struggle, but I'm starting to realize I'd rather battle self-doubt than deal with regret later on.

Good luck!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...