The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Shopify App to Jump Start User Generated Content

Valeanu Andrei

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 6, 2018
Bucharest
Hello everyone,

So i've been going down a rabbit hole on starting a subscription box for men's accessories but after more thought and effort put into it, the margins and the retention of costumers pushed me away but kept me in the e-commerce part of business.

So i got this idea of a business owner (shopify store) obtaining more (lifetime?)value from his clients. The term UGC (User generated content) came up a lot around how to create trust around your brand and to create visibility for your brand.

The overarching problem that i am trying to solve is: How to build more trust and visibility for your e-commerce site/brand ?

So i have to validate a few assumptions:

• Are shop owners willing to try such a solution or just stick to traditional social media marketing?
  • Will clients be more willing to create content for a brand (reviews, pictures, video) if there is a reward system in place?
  • Are shop owners willing to spend money on a campaign to jumpstart UGC creation to raise brand trust and visibility?
The process that will help me get insight into this problem requires me to build a prototype of a shopify app that does exactly this: puts in place a costumer loyalty and reward system around user generated content. The user will be prompted at crucial moments, ( for example: when buying, when we get shipment confirmation, after the client had time to use the product) to create UGC and share it on social networks starting with instagram.

So my question to you guys is: as I don't own a shopify store that has the need for this app i wanted to ask you if such a app raises any interest and are interested in trying something like this out?

I am open to criticism and your opinion on the shopify app market, UGC or any other flaw in my thought process. Also i don't mind if somebody wants to take the idea and run wild with it (that would totally validate my assumption that there is a market behind it)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

maikooo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Dec 7, 2018
How did you go about it?

strobe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Mar 28, 2016
Australia
One thing that I would have loved to have is a way to get comments from social media channels uploaded easily to the website. There is so much information from happy customers on comments but the asset belongs to the social media channel, so for example customers are happy and posting about it on a facebook post, tiktok post etc...to upload that conveniently over to shopify

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.