The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Shopify App to Jump Start User Generated Content

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Valeanu Andrei

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Feb 6, 2018
Bucharest
Hello everyone,

So i've been going down a rabbit hole on starting a subscription box for men's accessories but after more thought and effort put into it, the margins and the retention of costumers pushed me away but kept me in the e-commerce part of business.

So i got this idea of a business owner (shopify store) obtaining more (lifetime?)value from his clients. The term UGC (User generated content) came up a lot around how to create trust around your brand and to create visibility for your brand.

The overarching problem that i am trying to solve is: How to build more trust and visibility for your e-commerce site/brand ?

So i have to validate a few assumptions:

• Are shop owners willing to try such a solution or just stick to traditional social media marketing?
  • Will clients be more willing to create content for a brand (reviews, pictures, video) if there is a reward system in place?
  • Are shop owners willing to spend money on a campaign to jumpstart UGC creation to raise brand trust and visibility?
The process that will help me get insight into this problem requires me to build a prototype of a shopify app that does exactly this: puts in place a costumer loyalty and reward system around user generated content. The user will be prompted at crucial moments, ( for example: when buying, when we get shipment confirmation, after the client had time to use the product) to create UGC and share it on social networks starting with instagram.

So my question to you guys is: as I don't own a shopify store that has the need for this app i wanted to ask you if such a app raises any interest and are interested in trying something like this out?

I am open to criticism and your opinion on the shopify app market, UGC or any other flaw in my thought process. Also i don't mind if somebody wants to take the idea and run wild with it (that would totally validate my assumption that there is a market behind it)

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I've just concluded my program with Kyle. The incubator gave me what I wanted. Now, working on a...
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Thanks for the detailed response. I see it similar, in the beginning, you have only a small...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
The day I can afford to pay 800 a month to have someone keep me accountable is the day I've won...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom