The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Self-Publishing a Book Series

Idea threads

Benny.Liquid

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Oct 12, 2023
New Jersey
Lately, I have been working on skill development, finding little things I can learn, and expanding opportunities around what I can do with those skills. I ended up going back and working on a fantasy sci-fi series that mostly I was working on as a side project.

As I was doing it, I wrote a few chapters to one of the books, and I passed it along to a friend to read it over and see what they thought of it. They gave me good feedback, but really, I wanted someone to tell me it was bad and needed some work. So, I did the same thing again and passed it to another friend asking them to tell me how they felt about it. The process repeated and at a certain point, I wasn't sure if they didn't want to hurt my feelings or actually thought it was good.

However, something clicked, and I saw an opportunity. To preface I never really thought about self-publishing a book before, yet the man himself, MJ, did it. Why couldn't I? So started thinking about the process and execution I could use to make that happen. I returned to my friends that I asked to read the chapters for me before. I asked, "If there were more pages after what I wrote would you turn to page X?" They both responded that yes, they would. Now that led me to think about other follow-up questions that could be asked.

So, this is the idea I got from doing that. The problem was how I create intrigue for people to want to read the books. How can I get an assessment of people who would buy my books? I decided to create a webpage, that would work as a sales funnel, but without it actually selling anything, just gathering information. Later I could use this site to sell the books from. What it would do is offer people to read a few chapters of the book for free, with a survey at the end asking questions similar to those above, and then offering them a newsletter sign-up, in which they would be given updates to the books release date, offer more details about the worldbuilding to build more intrigue.

What I hope to get out of this is a list of potential buyers, who already find value in the limited writing so that when I release the books they will read it, then tell their friends and family about it, and they too buy, and also potentially join the newsletter. Eventually, I would like to create a story that is told through anybody's preferred media. Whether they read, watch, or experience through play, that's later down the line after I have gotten a following of interested people.

I was wondering what some of you think about this idea, or if any of you have had experience in self-publishing. I'm still working to flesh out the copywriting, and marketing so any ideas are more than welcome. Thank you for any responses, criticism, and insight.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.