The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SaaS Mastermind Group - Striving to $100k/mo

adiakritos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 30, 2011
I'm starting a mastermind group for anyone focused on creating SaaS or digital products. It will be 10-12 people max (currently 2 members so far), free to join, and be held each week at the same time and day.

The outcomes for the group are:
- Everyone will leave the meetings with ideas for taking their business to the next level at any stage they're at, or have ideas on moving past any challenges they currently face.
- Everyone will speed up their progress to $100k/mo and WILL achieve this and make consistent progress towards this.

Group members should:
- Have expertise that supports some element of building a SaaS product. Actual experience building businesses is a big plus of course, but in addition to that we want complimentary knowledge bases in the group. Areas that might be included under this might be B2B sales, networking, web development, copywriting, advertising, social media advertising, SEO, product development, or maybe you have experience with a little of everything and have created profitable businesses from those skill sets.
- Be willing to share their business model with the group and share their challenges
- Be willing to contribute to the group when they have ideas. Ideally, we want people who can share from experience, not just from the things they've read or learned from in programs they've picked up.

We will hold quarterly progress reviews to see what everyone's results look like and compare them, see where we can all improve...etc

I hope that through the group strategic alliances can form and that ultimately we'll become a group of high energy, supporting friends. We'll keep the group in communication throughout the week with a Slack group.

If believe you'd be a good fit for this and would like to know more, PM me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

adiakritos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 30, 2011
I'm quite shocked there aren't more people here who'd be interested in a group like this. It's hard to imagine anything better than having a group of people you can chat with daily from your phone or computer, and meet up with virtually every week to have real face to face conversations around your current business with the common goal of making it to $1M / year. Of course, I'm not trying to imply that no one here wants that - perhaps the SaaS part isn't popular at TheFastlane, or how I've described or presented it is off putting?

OliBiz

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 8, 2018
Likely because most people aren't thinking about $100k/month yet since that's relatively high. I have done e-commerce and am working on an agency at the moment. I would be interested, but my business(es) don't exactly fit, unfortunately.

THR

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Feb 10, 2017
UK
I'm interested in your group and it sounds as though it would be a great community. I have a SaaS product in development which has some significant challenges, particularly in the areas of deployment and infrastructure. I missed your first post, perhaps it just needs a little more visibility.

I'd echo OliBiz's comment that the $100k/month milestone might put people off, to some degree. Although there are many examples to prove that the figure you've given is an achievable goal, there will be many entrepreneurs with startups for whom that criteria seems somewhat out of scope, yet their contributions would be valuable nonetheless.

I'll send you a PM.

MarcoSto

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Apr 28, 2018
Germany
Same here. The 100k/mo goal is a bit off putting.

I'm currently developing a subscription based habit building app. I've put in 15 months of testing and developing so far and am now working towards getting the first version into the AppStore. My first milestone is make ONE freakin dollar. The next Milestone is 3k/mo. From there it's probably ez to scale to 10, 20, 30. But starting with 100k in mind sounds too dreampreneury to me.

jcvlds

JC
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 9, 2016
Mexico > Texas > Florida

I'm currently developing a subscription based habit building app. I've put in 15 months of testing and developing so far and am now working towards getting the first version into the AppStore. My first milestone is make ONE freakin dollar. The next Milestone is 3k/mo. From there it's probably ez to scale to 10, 20, 30. But starting with 100k in mind sounds too dreampreneury to me.

I hope it wasn’t 15 months of cave-mode development without showing it to users and getting feedback... :\

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarcoSto

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Apr 28, 2018
Germany
I hope it wasn’t 15 months of cave-mode development without showing it to users and getting feedback... :\

No...I'm actually a psychologist and research habit building for my doctoral thesis. So I conducted a study in which students used my app to build new habits. And doing all the academic statistic analysis, presentations, the writing etc. took some time. Testing could have been a lot shorter if it was not tied to the thesis. It's basically a biz that emerged out of the research.

adiakritos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 30, 2011
Hmm. Well, I might need to specify that $100k/mo with a SINGLE project isn't exactly the aim, though it's certainly possible and welcome if you're already doing it. What I had mind is more along the lines of $100k/mo across a handful of projects. Why? Because I've seen others doing exactly that and I want to model that way of approaching the fastlane.

We're not trying to raise rounds of VC and destabilize how people drink water, breath, and open doors. We're trying to build recurring revenue one project at a time. Also, we're not trying to do this in 10 days either. Depending on execution and support I don't see why $100k/mo isn't achievable within 3-5 years or less.

jcvlds

JC
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 9, 2016
Mexico > Texas > Florida
Hmm. Well, I might need to specify that $100k/mo with a SINGLE project isn't exactly the aim, though it's certainly possible and welcome if you're already doing it. What I had mind is more along the lines of $100k/mo across a handful of projects. Why? Because I've seen others doing exactly that and I want to model that way of approaching the fastlane.

We're not trying to raise rounds of VC and destabilize how people drink water, breath, and open doors. We're trying to build recurring revenue one project at a time. Also, we're not trying to do this in 10 days either. Depending on execution and support I don't see why $100k/mo isn't achievable within 3-5 years or less.

Are you talking MRR or monthly net profit?

kkoasdfawfqwe2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Feb 17, 2017
Europe
Which project(s) do you work with yourself?

Maybe you could explain a bit about your project(s) and share some information.

I personally run a subscription service myself that I grow by scale with affiliate marketing.

I have been working on the projects for 7 months but I have been live for 2 months and doing 8K Euro revenue in April and was doing 3k in revenue in March and by estimates I should reach 14k in May. Profit is around 85% on second month and around 20-25% on first month due to acquisition cost.

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
I only just now saw the thread. This sounds really helpful. I'd love to participate. Please see:
  • my intro thread
INTRO - Late Bloomer's intro
  • my Speedway thread on building my business model
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...-restaurant-marketing-plan.82158/#post-692985
  • and my reviews with application notes in the "let's study copywriting together" thread
EXECUTION - Copywriting Challenge May 2018 (Join me)

for examples of how I could contribute.

(Please ignore my unfortunately popular "touchy-feely" thread, it ran off the rails. I hoped it could get deleted, that's not allowed but at least it was locked.)

What's the next step?

You mention face to face meetings... unless we happen to be in the same town already, I think that'll have to wait until we're well underway to that $100k/mon goal!

OliBiz

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 8, 2018

All the best!

OliBiz

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 8, 2018

I 100% agree it is possible - but I feel people with a decent level of being grounded would feel that considering where they currently are, they wouldn't fit into the mastermind. $100k per month sounds like the mastermind is already full of people who are partially, or almost at that level. If you include the fact you're doing $5k/month but aiming for $100k/month, THAT would be much more appealing and feel a lot closer to home. :)

I am going to earn £2.5m per month in the future. I know it. See you at the top.

adiakritos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 30, 2011
Which project(s) do you work with yourself?

Maybe you could explain a bit about your project(s) and share some information.

I personally run a subscription service myself that I grow by scale with affiliate marketing.

I have been working on the projects for 7 months but I have been live for 2 months and doing 8K Euro revenue in April and was doing 3k in revenue in March and by estimates I should reach 14k in May. Profit is around 85% on second month and around 20-25% on first month due to acquisition cost.

I created a fitness application that I moved on from without earning a profit. After that I found a small business doing around $10k/mo and saw how I can compete with them and do what they do better. So that’s what I’m working on at the moment. One of our members earned a decent living selling information products so he has some great marketing insights. He’s also focused on a SaaS product he’s researching. We have one other developer who works as a CTO for a company. I’m currently still getting to know his story but I do know he’s working on a SaaS product.

If you’re doing well yourself and are curious.. I mean, the group is free lol. Nothing to lose by checking it out. I’m confident there will be some more excellent members in there as time goes on.

GregDott

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Feb 20, 2018
Eta Carinae
Hey I'm keen to get involved. I'm in the process building my first SaaS. Just started releasing MVP yesterday.
New to the business side of things, but can definitely share knowledge regarding project management and development.

hughjasle

AutoPilot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Dec 25, 2012
Anywhere with internet
I don't have a current Saas, just the idea laid out and spoke with a few developers. What level Saas'rs are you looking for? I'm sure I will have lots of newb questions but only be able to help other on the advertising/social/seo/influencers side of things as that's my background.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Have you done 10k a month? Mastermind for what? Who are you? Why are you worth anyone's time?

SaaS, 100k, who cares? How about time..

adiakritos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 30, 2011
Have you done 10k a month? Mastermind for what? Who are you? Why are you worth anyone's time?

SaaS, 100k, who cares? How about time..

I’ve not done $10k/mo.
Mastermind for exactly what the title says.
I’ve shared who I am in great detail in the AMA thread.
What I am creating is worth the time of everyone involved. I myself don’t have tons of experience but if I can get others in the same room to talk face to face about thier businesses who do have experience and feedback backed by real world results, well that’s worth plenty. If it turns out it’s not, I’ll make adjustments until it is.
What about time? With regard to what? Time to $100k? Time to meet? Time of each meeting? Time to play after the business is going? Time can mean anything, not sure what you mean.

adiakritos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 30, 2011
Thank you all for participating in the thread and to all who've reached out to me via PM. The responses here have inspired me and opened some doors of possibility, so I'm truly grateful for everyone's interest!

We had our first meeting last night, it was just one other person and I. Neither of us are anywhere near $100k/mo, but we came up with a new path forward for the group and ourselves. Pretty much along the same lines as what I've already mentioned but with a few adjustments in process. Essentially, we'll likely seek out anyone with any kind of online business (in the future, currently we're focusing on SaaS to keep the focus sharp), but since the group will remain less than 10 people and we'll have mastermind meetings, all be on a path towards $100k/mo, all be modeling successful businesses and people...etc the diversity should maximize the value of those meetings.

Anyhow, no need to explain the group anymore. Those who see the value of being a group like this will reach out and have already reached out. Thanks again for everyone's interest, I can't wait to share the results of my own business in a different thread later on.

jcvlds

JC
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 9, 2016
Mexico > Texas > Florida
Grats on taking the initiative to put this up. I’m a bit in on starting an online business myself and would love something like this. Only reason I’m not joining is because I’m in eCommerce and not SaaS, although I have some ideas for a SaaS offering to my target audience down the road. One step at a time though.

Good luck and maybe you can still share progress updates here from mastermind results for those here who could value from it but may not be in SaaS specifically.

Locomote

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
362%
Feb 10, 2017
Canada
Are you still adding people or is it just going to be the two of you?

adiakritos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 30, 2011
Grats on taking the initiative to put this up. I’m a bit in on starting an online business myself and would love something like this. Only reason I’m not joining is because I’m in eCommerce and not SaaS, although I have some ideas for a SaaS offering to my target audience down the road. One step at a time though.

Good luck and maybe you can still share progress updates here from mastermind results for those here who could value from it but may not be in SaaS specifically.

I'll definitely share the results and progress here. I love sharing.

You can always hmu on Skype and we can bounce ideas around there. It'd be less 'formal' but still valuable to stay connected on the fly. I have a few friends on Skype I've been talking to for years and we occasionally share new stuff, bounce ideas, and update each other on progress, pump each other up..etc

adiakritos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 30, 2011
Are you still adding people or is it just going to be the two of you?

We're happy to add new people as we meet them. Two others we had invited never showed up so him and just continued anyway. It might be like that for a while just to feel out the rhythm of how the meetings will flow, how long sharing takes...etc Last night we spoke for 4 hours and had to bring it to hard stop because it was 3am where he lives.

For example, I walked away with some ideas around how to monetize the backend of my SaaS product with a consultancy offering of some sort. It works perfectly with what my SaaS product does since it's related to marketing. The specifics aren't worked out but I can definitely see that as something doable, especially since my first target market are digital marketing agencies. I also took away this really bomb a$$ visualization technique he picked up somewhere. I haven't even done it 'right' yet and I already have a paradigm shift occurring - resulting in a much more.. idk how to describe it - visceral, gut level, natural, 'aligned' sense of motivation. Helps with gaining a much more distinct sense of clarity around what I REALLY want to be rich for. I learned about some incredible markets that exist on Instagram, and what the business acumen of many of these insta publishers are like. My mind was exploding with like "holy shit, no fukin way...." over and over again.

I believe he walked away with some ideas around how to maximize his impact in his space. Basically, I shared the patterns I learned from what Arnold Schwarzenegger did to master 4 different careers (Body building, real estate, acting, and politics). Arnie did virtually the same exact set of things for each career. With that I think he started to put together a strategy around those patterns. He's (the other member of the group) created a 100% automated marketing business from scratch selling info products, and he's headed a small business which, after almost 2 years, his boss went from barely making it to buying a new house in cash lol. So I'm glad I could share something with him myself that he found refreshing and valuable. I shared with him the patterns I saw in my successful friend, and I believe he took those patterns to heart as well. He also said it's awesome to see the process I go through creating an app (we talk almost every day on Slack now), because SEEING the process first hand makes it seem more real, attainable, and like "Oh, this is what it looks like - this is what is normal, this is what it is like and how it's done.. this is what I can expect..." that kinda thing.

I think we get a lot more out of sharing the things we've seen other successful people do in person than the things we read in books from business gurus. So we're trying to keep things as close to reality and far away from theory as possible.

Anyway, these things sound nice but they don't matter till we convert the them into CASH. lol So once I'm actually generating profits and growing I can share how the group has influenced me to get there, and any insight I have in general.

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
We're happy to add new people as we meet them. Two others we had invited never showed up so him and just continued anyway.

I sent a private message but haven't seen a reply so far. Is it taking you a while to get around to everyone? Do you need more clarity on my interest?

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Thanks Nick for taking the initiative to start the group. Really enjoyed our conversation today and I'm looking forward to discussions with the rest of the group. Great use of Slack and Google Docs to coordinate the discussion ongoing between scheduled conference calls. In our initial call I got to learn a lot about you, your background, and your goals, got valuable feedback on how to pitch my complex idea more clearly, realized a killer solution to my biggest startup issue, and I hope was able to add equal value for you.

I think some people might be scared off by the 100k goal. I assumed that was intended to be over time... the charter explains, maybe the thread should too. Even if not all group members reach that, why not dream big and see how far we COULD get?

adiakritos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 30, 2011
Thanks Nick for taking the initiative to start the group. Really enjoyed our conversation today and I'm looking forward to discussions with the rest of the group. Great use of Slack and Google Docs to coordinate the discussion ongoing between scheduled conference calls. In our initial call I got to learn a lot about you, your background, and your goals, got valuable feedback on how to pitch my complex idea more clearly, realized a killer solution to my biggest startup issue, and I hope was able to add equal value for you.

I think some people might be scared off by the 100k goal. I assumed that was intended to be over time... the charter explains, maybe the thread should too. Even if not all group members reach that, why not dream big and see how far we COULD get?

It was my pleasure! I definitely found some gold nuggets in our conversation, really looking forward to the next group meeting.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.