The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Real Estate Developer new to forum - Hi :)

SD1983

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
900%
Aug 14, 2018
Hi guys,

My name is Sim and i live in London. I write this to you on a wet Tuesday in Edinburgh, where I've escaped for a few days to take in the Fringe Festival. The rest of my friends had to start work on Monday at 9am; I, on the other hand, took a 7am flight to have some fun. Ah, the freedom of the Fastlane.

I started off the usual scripted route of good grades, university, good job in politics etc. However, i always knew i was made for more. At the age of 26 i was diagnosed with kidney cancer, and underwent surgery etc. Did a year of chemo thereafter and i am fine now.

It was at this time that i realised being ordered around by people i considered my intellectual and emotional inferiors was not gonna fly any more. I wanted to make money (to buy my freedom) and indulge my true passions, which are travel and trekking.

So i started developing real estate. Started off real small in 2009 with simple refurbs of property in less desirable parts of London and in my first year i made about £50k. Now, almost 10 years later, i recently completed my biggest deal yet - the conversion of a 16,000sqft office into 31 apartments - and will clear around £1.2m. Because i live like a spartan and haven't weighed myself down with responsibilities like a wife and kids, almost all of the profit i make gets reinvested. Next year i will make at least £1.7m. And the growth will now be exponential.

When i was given the Millionaire Fastlane by my brother to read two years ago, i couldn't believe it. Here was a guy who literally thought exactly the way i did in terms of how to live your life, the eschewing of consumerism etc, yet the articulation of the Fastlane and the CENTS rules were a revelation for me. Whilst my business does violate the principle of Time somewhat - in that it can't exist without my input - i enjoy the work and meeting people etc, and i would say in all truth i only work about 3-5 hrs a week now. However, it's quite annoying that i do need to be geographically located in London during a project, whereas i'd rather be on a beach somewhere. But hey, i'm no instragram wannabe entrepreneur i guess.

Here are a couple of older projects which were featured on tv:

Always looking to learn from fellow real estate folk and do JVs, always looking to enter new Fastlane businesses and always looking to discuss the actual important things in life like health and fitness, travel and relationships.

Keep on raging against the machine, folks!

SD

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Nice to have ya Sim, awesome intro, awesome to see you already accomplishing great things!

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Hi guys,

My name is Sim and i live in London. I write this to you on a wet Tuesday in Edinburgh, where I've escaped for a few days to take in the Fringe Festival. The rest of my friends had to start work on Monday at 9am; I, on the other hand, took a 7am flight to have some fun. Ah, the freedom of the Fastlane.

I started off the usual scripted route of good grades, university, good job in politics etc. However, i always knew i was made for more. At the age of 26 i was diagnosed with kidney cancer, and underwent surgery etc. Did a year of chemo thereafter and i am fine now.

It was at this time that i realised being ordered around by people i considered my intellectual and emotional inferiors was not gonna fly any more. I wanted to make money (to buy my freedom) and indulge my true passions, which are travel and trekking.

So i started developing real estate. Started off real small in 2009 with simple refurbs of property in less desirable parts of London and in my first year i made about £50k. Now, almost 10 years later, i recently completed my biggest deal yet - the conversion of a 16,000sqft office into 31 apartments - and will clear around £1.2m. Because i live like a spartan and haven't weighed myself down with responsibilities like a wife and kids, almost all of the profit i make gets reinvested. Next year i will make at least £1.7m. And the growth will now be exponential.

When i was given the Millionaire Fastlane by my brother to read two years ago, i couldn't believe it. Here was a guy who literally thought exactly the way i did in terms of how to live your life, the eschewing of consumerism etc, yet the articulation of the Fastlane and the CENTS rules were a revelation for me. Whilst my business does violate the principle of Time somewhat - in that it can't exist without my input - i enjoy the work and meeting people etc, and i would say in all truth i only work about 3-5 hrs a week now. However, it's quite annoying that i do need to be geographically located in London during a project, whereas i'd rather be on a beach somewhere. But hey, i'm no instragram wannabe entrepreneur i guess.

Here are a couple of older projects which were featured on tv:

Always looking to learn from fellow real estate folk and do JVs, always looking to enter new Fastlane businesses and always looking to discuss the actual important things in life like health and fitness, travel and relationships.

Keep on raging against the machine, folks!

SD

Awesome intro. +Rep

How are you doing now vs when you made your post back in August?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...