The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
WTF Amazon kindle!!!! I don't want to use "one click" to buy an e-book. I don't want to swap my default credit card to a different one in my settings just to buy a kindle book. I even have "one click" disabled everywhere, and you still can' buy a kindle book manually.

I swear. Amazon runs like a 2008 internet company. But man their delivery prowess is unmatched! Their shopping experience is absolute trash, their delivery experience is top notch. If only they spent some time fixing that.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Edit: I had that all wrong.

I loaded up on twitter stocks earlier this week and just read there would be a full buy out, but it actually looks like they just won’t be traded Friday as the deal goes through fully.

Should be fun to see how Elon does with the platform. I personally think he will do super well, his statement earlier today was on point.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Most people do not understand fact versus opinion.

Example...
Opinion: “meat is bad.”
Versus
Fact: “Robert does not like meat.”

This phrasing difference tells you everything about the news and journalism (also that was a random example meant to be apolitical)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
Edit: I had that all wrong.

I loaded up on twitter stocks earlier this week and just read there would be a full buy out, but it actually looks like they just won’t be traded Friday as the deal goes through fully.

Should be fun to see how Elon does with the platform. I personally think he will do super well, his statement earlier today was on point.
Just let that sink in

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Whoever made that pic is still missing the point though.

I don't lose weight - - > which proves that I'm completely oblivious to the laws of thermodynamics - - > so I keep trying different workouts/diets without counting my calories - - > so I don't lose weight.
Someone should try feeding jet fuel to sumo wrestlers to see if they gain more weight...

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Example...
Versus

This phrasing difference tells you everything about the news and journalism (also that was a random example meant to be apolitical)
I don't get it. Who's Robert?

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Hypothetical person. The point is a statement of fact versus statement of opinion.

If I say “I like oranges.” I am making a statement of fact about what I like. It is my opinion, yes - but the statement itself is not really open to debate. It wouldn’t make sense for you to say “no I disagree. I don’t think you like oranges.”

But if I said “oranges are delicious,” that’s a very direct opinion. You might say “ew oranges are disgusting.

So when the news reports something, neutral language would be “the president says the new bill will be good for the country.” Thats neutral.

But if the news headline reads just “the new bill will be good for country” - that’s straight up opinion of the news company. Heavy bias.

That’s my point

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hypothetical person. The point is a statement of fact versus statement of opinion.

If I say “I like oranges.” I am making a statement of fact about what I like. It is my opinion, yes - but the statement itself is not really open to debate. It wouldn’t make sense for you to say “no I disagree. I don’t think you like oranges.”

But if I said “oranges are delicious,” that’s a very direct opinion. You might say “ew oranges are disgusting.

So when the news reports something, neutral language would be “the president says the new bill will be good for the country.” Thats neutral.

But if the news headline reads just “the new bill will be good for country” - that’s straight up opinion of the news company. Heavy bias.

That’s my point
I was messing with you. Being dumber than dumb. ;)

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Maybe he's trying to say Robert does not like bad things... and Robert is not like meat? So Robert is a vegetable who likes goodness, possibly. I get so confused by these logical quandaries. :inpain:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Maybe he's trying to say Robert does not like bad things... and Robert is not like meat? So Robert is a vegetable who likes goodness, possibly. I get so confused by these logical quandaries. :inpain:
I need @Lex DeVille to explain to me if I’m happy.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013

That’s my point
I remember when the news was much closer to neutral than it is now. Most "news" articles are opinion pieces.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

Example...
Versus

AdvPhuw.jpg

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Going to be very, very interesting to see what happens with Twitter in the very near future now.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Tldr; Meta says it's laying off staff and easing off hiring to reduce costs – but will keep pumping billions into Mark Zuckerberg's metaverse

Has anyone read the book Moby Dick before?

Mark now reminds me of the captain in the book obsessed with chasing the whale, and in the end, perishes together with the whale (not sure if the whale died though).

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Going to be very, very interesting to see what happens with Twitter in the very near future now.

Didn't he say he's going to turn Twitter into a super app like China's WeChat? Lol

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
This 29-year-old super-saver earns $135,000 a year and plans to retire by 35
This 29-year-old super-saver earns $135,000 a year and plans to retire by 35: I'm in 'the top 1% of the most frugal people'

Hey @MJ DeMarco this is sooooo awesome. :rofl:

Check out these gold quotes!

“It all seemed to make a lot of sense to me: basically just spending as little as you can so you can live your life as fully as you want,” says Firl.

If the family needs something, they hunt for it for free on online marketplaces such as Craigslist.

“We also have garnered a reputation with our friends and family as being very frugal and thrifty,” Firl says. “We do end up getting a lot of free things just because a family member will see something free on the side of the road, and they’ll think that we might we might like it.”

Plus, the couple have whittled their food and pet supply budget down to $200 a month thanks to frequenting a food waste non-profit to cover groceries.

The figure assumes the house will be completely paid off by then (he currently pays about $1,100 a month in mortgage payments, homeowners insurance and property tax) and that he’d theoretically qualify for deeply discounted health insurance through the state of Minnesota.

“Retiring … is not about sitting on your couch watching Netflix all day or going to the beach and getting a really nice suntan,” he says. “It’s about getting to do whatever you want in life.”

Lol. As long as it costs literally nothing. You can do it!

Last edited:

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Tldr; Meta says it's laying off staff and easing off hiring to reduce costs – but will keep pumping billions into Mark Zuckerberg's metaverse

Has anyone read the book Moby Dick before?

Mark now reminds me of the captain in the book obsessed with chasing the whale, and in the end, perishes together with the whale (not sure if the whale died though).

Just had this come up
173314C7-5161-4B3E-9E8C-D387977A7B8B.jpeg
Seems relevant

Maybe he will turn out to be one of those geniuses everyone doubted, they should in theory be years ahead of anyone else by the time the metaverse catches on, whatever that means or looks like.

I can’t see it happening though, I think he’s too caught up in what he wants everyone to do, not what they actually want to do.

He’s chasing the cat instead of offering it food.

That’s also the problem with public companies, they constantly need to be growing, he doesn’t have the option to just chill and let it make money like someone running a private company can.

And then it’s exaggerated even more by the fickle and competitive nature of social media companies.

Tiktok isn’t even bothering to compete with Instagram and Facebook, they’re going after YouTube. I think that’s very telling as to how far Facebook and Instagram have fallen. Instagrams current most popular and new feature is its TikTok clone, and all the most popular content is just 2 week old reposts from tiktok.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

"You say you’re a failure → so you decide you won’t even bother trying → which ensures you don’t succeed → which proves that . . . you’re a failure. Round and round the cycle goes"

View attachment 45644
I read this article on losing belly fat:

Hint: MOST 'lose belly fat' exercises WON'T actually lose them pounds!

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
This 29-year-old super-saver earns $135,000 a year and plans to retire by 35: I'm in 'the top 1% of the most frugal people'

Oh man …

This is my favorite “It all seemed to make a lot of sense to me: basically just spending as little as you can so you can live your life as fully as you want,” says Firl.

My glass is empty, but I see it as full.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

This one got me “We also have garnered a reputation with our friends and family as being very frugal and thrifty,”

That is not a reputation you want to have, people like that are unbearable to be around, I avoid them at all costs.

Also he’s shamelessly admitting to taking free food from a charity thing, when he makes $138k a year.

He should be embarrassed not bragging to reporters.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
This one got me “We also have garnered a reputation with our friends and family as being very frugal and thrifty,”
Lol.
Translation “oh those folks? Yes we know them, they are cheap F*cks!”

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Jesus Christ what is wrong with these people. These a$$ clowns are insufferable.

Lol. As long as it costs literally nothing. You can do it!“

These people have lost all perspective on reality.

Lol. As long as it costs literally nothing. You can do it!“

Retiring … is not about sitting on your couch watching Netflix all day or going to the beach and getting a really nice suntan,” he says. “It’s about getting to do whatever you want in life.”

Except he doesn't pay for Netflix. And he isn't near a beach, and if he was, he wouldn't pay for the parking.

I find it incredibly ironic that in an effort to be FREE of money, these morons are completely OWNED by money, to the point of picking up roadside trash, using subsidized health care, and taking freebies from friends.

Could you imagine hanging out with these people? Going to dinner? Sharing an Uber?

Every thought in their mind is consumed by money.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
So something interesting happened at around 2:45am last night.

At 02:30 I acknowledged that my daughter was kind of whimpering and was not going to stop. I am not sure how long she was doing it for but maybe 15 minutes. I kept trying to get her to tell me what was wrong but she wouldn't say anything until I went into her bed and cuddled her. She said she was hungry. So my wife and I are up at this point and get her a glass of milk and a piece of bread.

While she is eating my wife looks out the window at a condo across the street from us and says she has a really odd feeling about it and asks if I can see anything strange. I look and say no I don't see anything. She gets creeped out and kind of hides around the blind, which was half open. I don't think much of it and we all go back to bed.

We hear a very loud gun shot at like 02:40. I actually did not think it was a gun shot, I thought it was a big bang from the kids that live nearby who have massive jacked up trucks who are up at crazy hours doing that sort of thing. I didn't hear the "crack" generally associated with a firearm that would be that close, just a bang. About 15-20 seconds later we hear 5-10 more shots in rapid succession, those were 100% gun shots. My wife freaks out and lays on the floor with the kids, and I kind of hide around the corner from a window and look out.

Something like 15-30 police vehicles end up showing up across the street, and there was a police helicopter as well which was going around from about 02:40 to nearly 05:00. A lot of ambulances and EMT vehicles showed up as well.

The whole time I was just imagining some guy with a gun running away from the cops and trying to hide in someone's house. Meanwhile in Canada, I literally have a room in the basement full of guns, and I can't use so much as a wooden soup spoon to defend my family or I would be in trouble for it. How much better would we feel if I could just sit in the hallway to our bedroom with a shotgun when something crazy like this is going down..

So the news articles on it just came out. They say that a police officer was shot, and then the suspect ran away and ended up committing suicide. I am 100% sure that the police opened up on him. I don't think many suicides happen with 5-10 rapid shots like that. I am not posting the article for privacy reasons, so if you find it please don't post it.

What really gets me is that my wife looked at the building and had this horrible feeling before anything started to go down. I swear she has an insane intuition and knows many things before they happen. 100% of the time she has these I think to myself "she is going all crazy Latina on me again". And then after every time something crazy happens. I should start accepting this before shit hits the fan!

Come to think of it, I think our daughter inherited this as well. She looks and acts just like her mother. I posted on here a few months ago about someone in the alley behind us trying to steal a boat and my daughter being the one to wake us up about it. Well this time she was actually the one to wake us up as well, and was crying and just told us she was hungry but it could have been a bad feeling. Crazy! I know it sounds nuts, but they do this kind of stuff all the time.

Oh, and we live in a very friendly and good part of the city. Crime rates are steadily going up and getting worse. Theft of property and garage breakings are going through the roof. My wife was worried about it last night after this went down and I told her it is probably going to get worse as The West tanks its own economy under woke policy. This inflation is hitting people hard, combined with the government hating business and raising taxes every chance it gets, people are going to be desperate soon.

Sorry for this wall of text, last night was freaking insane, and I ended up sleeping in pretty bad due to the madness.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.