The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Post all of your ideas and random problems you’ll never execute on...

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Someone needs to come up with some type of storage container for high altitudes that can increase the lifespan of mushrooms. I eat of ton of them, and as soon as I open the package, they are bad 2 days later.

Now if you're thinking this has been solved; no it hasn't—despite the marketing claims.

PS: Yes, we've tried the paper lunch bag, does nothing.
We have the exact same problem. Also tried paper bags. We're at 4,500 ft above sea level.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018
Someone needs to come up with some type of storage container for high altitudes that can increase the lifespan of mushrooms. I eat of ton of them, and as soon as I open the package, they are bad 2 days later.

Now if you're thinking this has been solved; no it hasn't—despite the marketing claims.

PS: Yes, we've tried the paper lunch bag, does nothing.
Weird, I'm at 4,800 feet and the mushrooms I buy at Costco stay good for 2 weeks. I don't do anything special, just put them in the fridge when I get home from the store.

Wonder what's up with that?

yrybri

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 3, 2024
-When I switched from Android to IOS, I noticed that the clock app on IOS doesn't allow you to schedule alarms for the future, no more than 24 hours. Look up this issue online and you'll find that since 2014, people have been asking for this feature. Some competitors did make something that fixes this issue, but with very poor marketing. Definitely something to think about.

-A microwave but for cold? Want a cold drink? Good, just press a button and you can get your room temp coke to ice cold in a few seconds. Looked it up and saw a few concepts, but the one big competitor is still in the kickstarting phase, largely untapped market. Let go of it because it's too much for me to go in the market alone. I lack the engineering skills to even make the concept.

Donny Dave

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Mar 12, 2024
My two pennies worth:
- A commercial cafe coffee machine that's quiet and quick. I don't know how people sit in cafes with all hissing, banging, splurting racket those awful machines make. It's like trying to relax in a steam train factory. I say bring back instant coffee!
- A plank, or something to fix all the wretched tv/hifi/whatever remotes to so you can't loose them. 'Where's the f**king dibber gone!!' Also make it glow in the dark.
I used to sell reconditioned tv remote controls on ebay I added flouresant colours to the range which I could customize separately but had no takers. I still lose the remote with regularity

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
If Tiktok gets banned in the US for real, sell services/phones that offer Tiktok on it. Hawk the services in high schools, college and where women/small businesses gather.
Don't forget me when you get your first lambo!

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
If Tiktok gets banned in the US for real, sell services/phones that offer Tiktok on it. Hawk the services in high schools, college and where women/small businesses gather.
Don't forget me when you get your first lambo!
I wonder how the ban would work technically. Wouldn’t a vpn solve the issue?

shlokchorge

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 27, 2023
I think we need a random off topic chat thread where we just dump all of our half fleshed out ideas that we will never do anything with and discuss them, things that are not worthy of an INE or their own thread.

Why? Maybe someone from the forum will solve your problem for you. Maybe you’ll find a half baked idea you can develop into something.

I’ll start with mine:
- Uber for freight, there’s a massive shortage of freight drivers right now, how about someone with a Ute/truck can just do bulk local b2b deliveries for warehouses like an Uber.
- people with Crohn’s disease sometimes have to do these strict diets where they only eat these shakes, they do this for months and they only have 3 flavours. I think this is the case anyway I don’t have crohns but I remember a workmate doing it years ago and complaining there was only 3 flavours, how to spot an idea 101.
- a phone charger cable that’s some kind of folding circuit board that folds up shaped like a credit card. Definitely doable with the new thin connectors and the usb that are just the flat board part of it.
- a print on demand 3D printing business that prints peoples custom in game characters from games like RuneScape, this is probably the best of these ideas, it would make a huge business if it was done well
- when houses are auctioned people have to get a house inspection before they bid because they can’t do it after they bid, this can get really expensive if you lose a bunch of auctions and is so inefficient. Set up a business that inspects every house being auctioned and just resells the same inspection to anyone interested. Even better if you just pay a share to someone who’s had an inspection done there already and gives it to you to resell to recoup some money.
- yoga mat covers like towels that slip over the mat, cool patterns, washable, grippy. I think I’ve started seeing these now but still an idea.

That’s all I’ve got, hopefully some others a willing to share theirs.

It doesn’t matter how terrible they are just share them here it’s what it’s for.
selling plants online.
If everything like good website setup, ads, optimization of social media platforms and delivery services go right and if we manage to scale it globally, this bussiness will make 6 million dollars in revenue every year after few months.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I wonder how the ban would work technically. Wouldn’t a vpn solve the issue?

Tiktok has always been able to detect VPN / VPN-ish behavior all along, so if they're ordered by the gov to detect VPNs and ban along those lines, VPNs won't work. Changing 'Region' in Settings won't work either.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.